Favorite pokemon team, thoughts?

N1Dude

Hi everyone,

So i made this in-game team with some of my favorite mons, I love it so much, am very proud of it and wanted to share it with you guys. 🙂 

I kinda tried to make it as balanced as possible but I know it has a few flaws.

Still hope you'll all like it though!

Spoiler

OP (Naganadel) @ Dragonium Z  
Ability: Beast Boost  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature    
- Dragon Pulse  
- Flamethrower  
- Sludge Wave  
- Nasty Plot  

ExcaKill (Excadrill) @ Soft Sand  
Ability: Mold Breaker  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Rock Slide  
- Iron Head  
- Swords Dance  

5timesakil (Heracross-Mega) @ Heracronite  
Ability: Skill Link  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Close Combat  
- Bullet Seed  
- Pin Missile  
- Rock Blast  

Lemmegethp (Slowbro) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Regenerator  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA  
Bold Nature    
- Psyshock  
- Slack off 
- Scald  
- Calm Mind  

Cantkillme (Goodra) @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Sap Sipper  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD  
Mild Nature  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Muddy Water  
- Sludge Wave  
- Power Whip  

BP'stoofast (Scizor) @ Metal Coat  
Ability: Technician  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Bullet Punch  
- Knock Off  
- X-Scissor  
- Swords Dance

So the idea behind is that I have 1 physical tank in slowbro and 1 special tank in Goodra.

Goodra is meant to tank any special hit (preferable resisted) and then strike back kinda hard with a super effective move.

While Slowbro is there to tank, burn and set up when able to.

Naganadel is just such an awesome mon so i had to put her into the team, she's overpowered but the way she looks and her typing are just awesome.

This is the same reason why I love excadrill as well. Mine is shiny as well so he looks even more badass. It's so easy to set up with these 2 mons.

I started liking mega heracross when I used him in the playthrough. First get a moxie attack raise and then just OHKO everything with skill link max attack attacks. It's just so much fun.

Scizor is there for the balance and because I really like him ofcourse. I could also put Aegislash there to make it more balanced but Scizor's Bullet Punch is just too much fun to play with.

Competitive wise I know it's not the greatest team like, a strong ghost type or like a Honchkrow will do a lot of damage against it.

By the way Slowbro's set isn't reality yet. At the moment he's a trickroom set with flamethrower (was for the gauntlet and mega chomp) but when calm mind is available as a tm he's going to be this set. All the other sets are real though.

I'm currently thinking of switching swords dance with superpower on Scizor and making it banded and/or switching a lot of those speed EV's for HP EV's.

I'm also thinking of making Excadrill scarf with X-scissor instead of Swords Dance for some speed control so he can outspeed things like mega alakazam, mega sceptile, mega beedrill, mega manectric, mega gengar, weavile. Stuff like that I might be kinda weak too. But sweeping with him is just so much fun.

Let me know what you think and if you see any possibilities with this team to make it better (while keeping the same mons 😛 ), I will be happy to discuss those with everyone 🙂 

Cheers,

N1Dude

Hey! 

So I love the team, glad to see you are putting that Naganadel to good use! I certainly think your team is solid! The only thing that slightly concerns me with the team is the doubling up on bug type between Heracross and Scizor. Both are amazing mons, but too much of one type can make things challenging. Then again, this is reborn, and sometimes you need to have a couple of the same type to take on an enemy lol I definitely think the steel type is kind of necessary for this game too.. Personally, I've been using my Magnezone since it was a wee Magnemite from Shades gym. Magnezone is a tank and with Study is perfect for getting that paralysis, lowering spc defense with metal sound, or tanking a hit and using magnet rise then healing up to sweep against anything that would use earthquake. Overall has been a literal beast on my team. That being said, you do you dude.  

You mentioned Aegislash too though and let me tell ya that thing is an absolute monster! You can swords dance and then shadow sneak for that priority move if that is something you like about Scizors Bullet punch. Plus that knights shield move is such a nerf to the enemy. I certainly think one would add to your team immensely and provide a bit more coverage for you when needed!

I agree with jbastion on the Aegislash, the thing is a Beast if you train it right, i use it competitively on showdown, spam Kings Shield and swords dance and then sweep through the opponents Team, pure death, also, instead of going with two Different types of tanks, i would suggest one Heavy tank who can tank in both catagories, Like Bastiodon or Toxapex, Toxapex of which can be extremely annoying, and make the rest Hyper Offensive, also, i would Suggest putting aside the Excadrill for a Gigalith or Rhyperior, i myself use Gigalith, and set aside the Scizor for said Aegislash, i have a few bad Honedge If ya want one xD, btw, if you really do want to stick with a bug steel type, i would suggest Durant, His Combination Of S.T.A.B. Hustle, and a Power Boosting item makes Iron head hit overwhelmingly hard, it's like a literal truck, every last one of itss moves, all extremely hard hitters, its also Faster and has more Defence than Scizor, Even though it has less attack, the hustle pracktically makes that irrelivant, sending its attack WAY over Scizors, i consider it to be an underated pokemon with so much potential, give it a try :))