I am just your Friendly Neighborhood Neocon!

FNNeocon

It has a nice ring to it. 🙂

I have not finished the game yet since my team is still currently underneath Amaria's gym. We didn't nuzlocke Reborn blind since people seem to think that was a bad idea. But we have about 177 hours in. No spoilers please. I have many MANY thoughts on this game but my overall conclusion is Reborn fills a hole in my heart that was empty ever since I quit World of Tanks 3 years ago. But the game does have some huge flaws and it could be so much better with a little bit of tweaking. 

I have plenty of complaints but these are my big ones. 

1. There needs to be a non-emo/edgy avatar. Despite the diversity of gender and race they all look the exact same/same art style.

2. The story completely stops and goes in a totally different direction for several hours twice. The first time this happens is after Shade's gym when you have to fight kiki and Aya before returning and saving the children which completely destroys the momentum and tension. The second time is when Amaria and Titania jump off the waterfall in a literal cliffhanger and you have to fight Charlotte and Terra before returning. I had completely forgotten what why we were even supposed to get waterfall in the first place by the time I got through Terra's super fun house of doom. I spent a few days side questing in the ice mountains before I figured out that I had to go down THAT waterfall.

3. The gym leaders after the restoration are very high level. But that means it takes forever to train up new mons, especially when the event mons you get are so low level. Does ralts really need to be level 10? Does Beldum really need to be level 1?

4. The gym field effects should not be optional. They are required to advance the game. The second gym's field effect side quest is particularly ludicrous because you have to talk to an NPC from a certain direction to trigger the sidequest.

5.  The game's movement speed slows down a lot in certain places. Apophyll academy and Tourmaline desert are two big examples. Please do not artificially slow the game down. Some of us are on potato laptops and the game is always kinda slow. 

minor gripe:   Please make Tentacruel available earlier! I love it but it has no business being so late in the game for how mediocre it is.

The comedy in this game is on point though. My favorites are

Taka "This is fine."

Obsidia ward Pokemon center NPC "Noobs."

"This NPC will now self destruct."

"Feels bad man"

"And then everything changed when the Magma gang attacked."

Fern and Terra's entire characters. They were both hilarious. 

My biggest worry is that this game will get too popular because there are so many popular youtuber's doing series and then Nintendo will notice and take it down. Please keep this on the low key and don't spread it. 🙂

I like anime but I am still a huge normie. I only saw 2 anime this year. I just don't have time for it between Warzone, my other hobbies, work, and school. 

Edited by FNNeocon
repetitive sentence

7 hours ago, FNNeocon said:

The first time this happens is after Shade's gym when you have to fight kiki and Aya before returning and saving the children which completely destroys the momentum and tension.

If you don't use a bunch of Meteor grunts as a free babysitting service while you get shit done elsewhere, then what are you doing
It's cost efficient

Anyway, welcome to Reborn! Have fun with the rest of the game, and embrace the edge

• Haha 1

Welcome Neocon! Have fun here.

If I may, here are my 2 cents regarding your complaints...

1. Not much to say here, it's completely subjective. Some people are going to love the avatars, others won't. I don't think they all look the same, but to each their own. As for the art style... well unless I'm mistaken they were all made by Ame, so it kinda makes sense they'd feel similar. Decibel best skin
  2. That's true. It can seem especially odd given that Reborn intentionally avoids any mention of how much time passes between events. Were the kids left at the Meteor Daycare for a couple days, or for weeks? Did Tania survive on nothing but polluted water and Meteor blood for days? Who knows. I don't think these arcs are supposed to last very long story-wise, but gameplay-wise they do feel a bit long. Probably because the player generally won't go through all these events in one sitting.
  3. They are, but it's also up to the player to be smart about defeating very strong foes despite being kind of underleveled (and in this game, the more you progress, the likelier you are to be). It adds up to the challenge, in a not very subtle but effective way. It doesn't bother me that new mons are obtained at a lower level, either. Being given a lv75 Metagross right off the bat would feel a bit cheap.
  4. Field effect notes aren't required. They help, but it's entirely possible to beat the game without reading them ever which may or may not have happened to me. They are borderline necessary to fully explore a couple optional locations though.
  5. I get what Ame was going for with the slow sand, but I have to agree that slowing the player down in Tourmaline feels a bit extra, especially considering how huge the area is. It's a mechanic that makes sense, but it's not a fun one. I suppose whether you consider it a good or bad thing depends on what you expect from a game like Reborn.

Regardless, I'm glad you have an overall positive opinion of the game and hope you'll keep enjoying it 🙂

Henlo new fren~ great to see you're enjoying the game and giving constructive criticism. I agree there should be a cutesy avatar for us kawaii-lovers :3 but Alice-chan and Lucia-chan are pretty kawaii I think 😄

Hiyo~ Welcome to Reborn Neocon!

Great to see your enjoying the game. And valid criticisms are always welcome (which I totally agree, although great, Reborn has it's problems)

11 hours ago, FNNeocon said:

1. There needs to be a non-emo/edgy avatar. Despite the diversity of gender and race they all look the exact same/same art style.

I honestly can't agree more. I think the whole concept of color was thrown out the window. It's like going go a Gothic convention.