Old Shiny Sprites

Ciccarello

I appreciate the work Reborn has put into created better looking shiny sprites, however I prefer the original shiny sprites that the games intended.

Does anyone have a copy of the sprites needed which I can use to replace the Reborn shinies for the Battler's icons? I've looked around for a couple days and have been unsuccessful in finding anything. I believe the games used to use those sprites, so in theory if I can get legacy versions of Reborn, I could scrape those for the desired files, if anyone knows how this may be possible, that'd be appreciated as well.

--- Update

After a day of hunting down everything I could find regarding this topic, I analyzed the graphics from E9 to the current E18 release while missing E11 and E14. This is what I've managed to put together for myself and others.

In E14 or E15, the back sprites were changed to use generation 5's artwork instead of the previous generation 4's as a basis for the sprites. As a result any back sprites from E13 and earlier will appear too low in the interface unless the sprite is edited to insert some empty space. By E15 the majority, if not all, sprites were modified such that they no longer use the real shiny colors.

Due to these changes the best I can do to make a patch for the front sprites of gen 1-5 pokemon which you can download here. Mirror 1 Mirror 2 This was compiled by taking the E9 front shiny sprites, and adding any missing files from each successive version I had access to. So some pokemon like Megas will be using the fake shiny sprite, but the regular versions wont. It's the best I can do.

If anyone wants to take up the mantle and convert the back sprites to be functional with how back sprites are currently loaded into the game, I've also included all the battler sprites from E9-18 (minus 11 and 14). Additionally I found in E12 gen 1 - 5 official animated sprites which could be used in place for the front sprites (the back are again too low).

Edited by Ciccarello
Adding the links and description for "mod"
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...