So, How do you win the Madame X fight at Blacksteeple Prison?

ShadeStrider

• Global Mods

it only has 10 PP, stall it out with protect/pressure/quick guard, then let it struggle. some revives are probably required. Sand Stream / Snow Warning can help chip it down a bit quicker

23 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

it only has 10 PP, stall it out with protect/pressure/quick guard, then let it struggle. some revives are probably required. Sand Stream / Snow Warning can help chip it down a bit quicker

Srry, know isn't place to post this but...

Need help... Managed to defeat Groudon, afterwards, I'd gave Cera the Magma Stone in order to save Eldest life.. In a result of Aelita "death", Eldest suggest to make everyone knows about the situation. Dunno what to do next.. Can anyone help?

38 minutes ago, Deztrakon said:

Srry, know isn't place to post this but...

Need help... Managed to defeat Groudon, afterwards, I'd gave Cera the Magma Stone in order to save Eldest life.. In a result of Aelita "death", Eldest suggest to make everyone knows about the situation. Dunno what to do next.. Can anyone help?

Spoiler

Try going back to Tesla's and Amber's house where everyone else is

Next time, either make a new thread or post in this thread:

i did pretty much what dream said but i also tossed in an intimidate luxray with baby-doll eyes (which idk why thats a priority move but hey ill take it) also leech seed can speed up the process greatly too....... just remember its not 100% accurate so u may miss and end up biting the big one if not careful.......... still not sure if beating her changes anything other than the appearance of victory dialogue and slightly altered post-battle speech but if beating her did have an impact at a later time that would honestly be cool............. even if its not implimented yet but could be added in a later version but regardless

27 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

and how exactly did you get the chance to use that in V10/11?

The only thing I can think about is maybe they used a quick claw or focus sash but I don't even know if either is available at that point of the game.

Edited by Harryp

11 hours ago, Harryp said:

The only thing I can think about is maybe they used a quick claw or focus sash but I don't even know if either is available at that point of the game.

Spoiler

There's a Quick Claw in Kugearen City in the past, but that's not until quite a bit later.

11 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

and how exactly did you get the chance to use that in V10/11?

Specifically V10; I'm not nearly far enough in V11 for it. And to be fair, I knew exactly what to expect and had been preparing well in advance, since early game, as I do with as many optional events as possible (although I don't research things from new versions, I play all new versions from the beginning to see all new changes blind). And it was a convoluted setup consisting of Prankster Thunder Wave and Yawn Liepard with Revive spam until it's done everything it needs to, max Agility + Baton Pass Lopunny into max Speed Drifblim with Destiny Bond, with SRing whenever something didn't work properly (Yveltal waking up early or breaking through Paralysis). Those three weren't part of my main team, and the other three members were exhausted from the Neved fight immediately before, so I didn't have much room for error, resulting in quite a few SRs.

In hindsight, maybe my strategy wasn't as easy as any others on this thread. Fewer turns, arguably, but no less convoluted. In fact, the steps of breeding for moves and grinding up party members specifically for this fight made it more difficult. In other words, my original comment was full of shit.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Harryp said:

I used debug mode lol.

I have one save file for an honest playthrough, and a bunch of other ones that use different conditions such as Monotype, or "Smogon's Worst" (You are never going to complete a playthrough with "Smogon's worst", even on easy mode. They're called "Smogon's worst" for a reason.)

1 hour ago, Campanella said:

Specifically V10; I'm not nearly far enough in V11 for it. And to be fair, I knew exactly what to expect and had been preparing well in advance, since early game, as I do with as many optional events as possible (although I don't research things from new versions, I play all new versions from the beginning to see all new changes blind). And it was a convoluted setup consisting of Prankster Thunder Wave and Yawn Liepard with Revive spam until it's done everything it needs to, max Agility + Baton Pass Lopunny into max Speed Drifblim with Destiny Bond, with SRing whenever something didn't work properly (Yveltal waking up early or breaking through Paralysis). Those three weren't part of my main team, and the other three members were exhausted from the Neved fight immediately before, so I didn't have much room for error, resulting in quite a few SRs.

In hindsight, maybe my strategy wasn't as easy as any others on this thread. Fewer turns, arguably, but no less convoluted. In fact, the steps of breeding for moves and grinding up party members specifically for this fight made it more difficult. In other words, my original comment was full of shit.

Uhh, Yveltal should be immune to Prankster Thunder Wave? 

1 hour ago, Campanella said:

Regardless of what you did or didn’t actually do, Prankster moves don’t work on Dark types, so you wouldn’t have been able to Thunder Wave it regardless. As of v11 I do believe the only way is using detect/protect/quick guard shenanigans.

11 hours ago, Mytic27 said:

Or you can use debug mode then get a lvl 100 golem and use self destruct 🙂

why self destruct............. go big or go home and use an alolan golem with galvanize explosion........ not only would it hit harder due to explosion having higher base power but galvanize makes normal type moves into electric and ups their oomph which also makes explosion STAB for a galvanize alolan golem....... if u would go that route, just gen in a focus sash and proceed to kamikaze the yveltal

• 2 months later...

I used my bannet with cursed body to disable Decimation.

Then I used a graveler (lvl 35) and a boldore (lvl 38), both with sturdy.

they would survive 1 Struggle each thanks to sturdy. And 2 lucky rock blasts plus the damage from Struggle were enough to kill it.

I went to stall through my Medicham with detection, then I let Struggle do the rest by having a Sturdy Boldore with just low enough hp to be fully healed with a superpotion.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:18 PM, ShadeStrider said:

Debug Mode, obviously. You should know that better than anyone, as you are the

one who creates those modpacks.

I believe the key word was “legitimately”