Rate my team

Proxima

So I'm a bit new to fan games, actually really new but I've finished ep 18 so there's that. Loved the difficulty as compared to the official games. Gamefreak should take notes tbh. Any help in improving my team is appreciated 🙂. Dis my team pls rate.

Ampharos @Wise Glasses

Modest Nature

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. A, 6 Sp. D

Ability: Static 

Discharge

Power Gem

Dragon Pulse

Signal Beam

------------------

Swampert @Assault Vest

Adamant Nature

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Att, 6 Def

Ability: Torrent

Hammer Arm

Waterfall

Ice Punch

Earthquake

------------------

Snorlax @Leftovers

Adamant Nature

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Att, 6 Sp. D

Ability: Thick Fat

Body Slam

Thunder Punch

Brick Break

Fire Punch

------------------
Alakazam @Psychium Z

Timid Nature

EVs: 252 Sp. A, 252 Speed, 6 Sp. D

Ability: Synchronize

Psychic

Shadow Ball

Calm Mind

Dazzling Gleam

-------------------

Blaziken @Wide Lens

Adamant Nature

EVs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 6 Sp.D

Ability: Speed Boost

Hi Jump Kick

Blaze Kick

Brave Bird

Poison Jab

-------------------

Garchomp @Garchompite

Adamant Nature

EVs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 6 Sp.D

Ability: Rough Skin

Crunch

Dragon Claw

Poison Jab

Dig

Your team is actually very balanced! I am not sure personally if I would use a mega stone for Garchomp, since mega evolving reduces his speed. I think Mega Alakazam, Mega Swampert, or even Mega Ampharos would be a better choice. My only thought here though is that you do not have a Flying Type mon on your team. It isnt exactly necessary, however utilizing Fly is insanely useful, plus they tend to make for great sweepers. Honestly, in my opinion, I would swap out Garchomp all together since it makes you double up on the Ground Typing with Swampert. You could add in Salamence/Dragonite in it's place for the Flying Type addition or even Altaria (and could even be mega evolved for that additional Fairy Typing too for more coverage! Also, if you go with a Dragonite that has Multiscale as its ability, you can take the first turn to Dragon Dance and pretty much sweep from there depending on the move set you choose. Up to you, but I personally think Garchomp is the weaker link on your team, even though he is a fantastic mon. 

I would replace Blaziken's Brave Bird with Bulk Up, and since you don't have any Steel moves, I would replace Snorlax's Brick Break with Heavy Slam (or teach Iron Head to someone else). Also, teach one of your Pokemon either Rock Slide or Stone Edge, since the only rock-type attack you have is Ampharos's Power Gem.

If you really wanna run Mega Garchomp, then change his nature from Adamant to Jolly to compensate for the speed drop. Although if it were me, I would replace it with either Archeops, Salamence or Mega Aerodactyl, since you already have a ground-type and no flying types (and all of these can learn Rock Slide/Stone Edge).

On 1/3/2019 at 3:28 AM, jbastian1 said:

Your team is actually very balanced! I am not sure personally if I would use a mega stone for Garchomp, since mega evolving reduces his speed. I think Mega Alakazam, Mega Swampert, or even Mega Ampharos would be a better choice. My only thought here though is that you do not have a Flying Type mon on your team. It isnt exactly necessary, however utilizing Fly is insanely useful, plus they tend to make for great sweepers. Honestly, in my opinion, I would swap out Garchomp all together since it makes you double up on the Ground Typing with Swampert. You could add in Salamence/Dragonite in it's place for the Flying Type addition or even Altaria (and could even be mega evolved for that additional Fairy Typing too for more coverage! Also, if you go with a Dragonite that has Multiscale as its ability, you can take the first turn to Dragon Dance and pretty much sweep from there depending on the move set you choose. Up to you, but I personally think Garchomp is the weaker link on your team, even though he is a fantastic mon. 

Thanks for the advice! I do think Garchomp is the weak link, even though that attack stat is monstrous. I am gonna go for a dragonite then since multiscale sounds like it would be good and make saphira a joke probably lol. I don't think I should go for a mega ampharos since it creates three additional weaknesses and mega alakazam sounds tempting. What moveset would you recommend for the derpy dragon? I was thinking

Outrage

Dragon dance

Fly

Roost

and what item? Thanks again for the help.

On 1/3/2019 at 4:16 AM, iDunno said:

I would replace Blaziken's Brave Bird with Bulk Up, and since you don't have any Steel moves, I would replace Snorlax's Brick Break with Heavy Slam (or teach Iron Head to someone else). Also, teach one of your Pokemon either Rock Slide or Stone Edge, since the only rock-type attack you have is Ampharos's Power Gem.

If you really wanna run Mega Garchomp, then change his nature from Adamant to Jolly to compensate for the speed drop. Although if it were me, I would replace it with either Archeops, Salamence or Mega Aerodactyl, since you already have a ground-type and no flying types (and all of these can learn Rock Slide/Stone Edge).

I think I am going to replace one of the elemental punches for heavy slam since brick break is excellent type coverage and I almost never used the punches on snorlax anyway. I'm also gonna replace garchomp with dragonite (multiscale with dragon dance). Who do you recommend I put stone edge/ rock slide on? I was thinking maybe get rid of hammer arm on swampert...

20 hours ago, Proxima said:

Thanks for the advice! I do think Garchomp is the weak link, even though that attack stat is monstrous. I am gonna go for a dragonite then since multiscale sounds like it would be good and make saphira a joke probably lol. I don't think I should go for a mega ampharos since it creates three additional weaknesses and mega alakazam sounds tempting. What moveset would you recommend for the derpy dragon? I was thinking

Outrage

Dragon dance

Fly

Roost

and what item? Thanks again for the help.

I usually go for:

Dragon Dance

Dragon Claw (In case the opponent has fairies, you dont get locked into using Outrage again, which would cause your confusion and free attacks against you)

Fly

Extreme Speed (Priority move just incase you worry about the opponent having a priority attack against you

You can always give your tank some leftovers so it will continue to heal, or sitrus berries if you have a common amount of them!

Edited by jbastian1

3 hours ago, jbastian1 said:

I usually go for:

Dragon Dance

Dragon Claw (In case the opponent has fairies, you dont get locked into using Outrage again, which would cause your confusion and free attacks against you)

Fly

Extreme Speed (Priority move just incase you worry about the opponent having a priority attack against you

You can always give your tank some leftovers so it will continue to heal, or sitrus berries if you have a common amount of them!

Yeah that sounds like a solid moveset, I may give him leftovers, or a muscle band or something just to make him hit harder... Another thing, do you happen to have a spare dratini? I skipped Simon's quest so I don't have a super rod, meaning I can't get dratini. Would really help me out. I can offer shinies (gible torchic and tepig are the main ones) if you want. 

1 hour ago, Proxima said:

Yeah that sounds like a solid moveset, I may give him leftovers, or a muscle band or something just to make him hit harder... Another thing, do you happen to have a spare dratini? I skipped Simon's quest so I don't have a super rod, meaning I can't get dratini. Would really help me out. I can offer shinies (gible torchic and tepig are the main ones) if you want. 

Extreme speed on Dragonite was an event in an official pokemon game, and since you'll need to catch for a dratini I don't think you can have an Extreme speed dragonite in pokemon reborn.

But if you still want a dratini I got 1 for you,

Do you want a 5IV non shiny with 2 on defence

or a 5IV shiny with 3 on speed?

Ohhh I forgot that was the event Dratini. You could go for a Aqua Jet then for the priority move if you care that much. Also, Fire Punch could be useful for taking out Ice Types that could give it issues OR Steel Wing for Handling Fairies. Up to you! Also, I dont have spare Dratini's as I have yet to go catch one, but it sounds like the N1Dude has ya covered!

4 hours ago, N1Dude said:

Extreme speed on Dragonite was an event in an official pokemon game, and since you'll need to catch for a dratini I don't think you can have an Extreme speed dragonite in pokemon reborn.

But if you still want a dratini I got 1 for you,

Do you want a 5IV non shiny with 2 on defence

or a 5IV shiny with 3 on speed?

I don't wanna take a shiny off of you, if you're up for it I'll take the 2 defence one... When you say 5 IV, is that 5 perfect IVs? (i.e. 31) I'm new as I said in the OP so I don't know that much. If it is 5 perfect IVs that sounds really good, I appreciate it!

35 minutes ago, Proxima said:

I don't wanna take a shiny off of you, if you're up for it I'll take the 2 defence one... When you say 5 IV, is that 5 perfect IVs? (i.e. 31) I'm new as I said in the OP so I don't know that much. If it is 5 perfect IVs that sounds really good, I appreciate it!

Yeah 5IV means 5 perfect IV's haha!

I mean you can take the shiny if you want, got 4 more so I don't really care.

It's more like the question if you mind the lack in speed IV's. If you do, you get the normal one but if you don't you get the shiny one.

But out of your reaction i can sence that you want the shiny one right?

13 minutes ago, N1Dude said:

Yeah 5IV means 5 perfect IV's haha!

I mean you can take the shiny if you want, got 4 more so I don't really care.

It's more like the question if you mind the lack in speed IV's. If you do, you get the normal one but if you don't you get the shiny one.

But out of your reaction i can sence that you want the shiny one right?

Oh yeah then, you assumed right lol.  Shinies are great, I don't mind the speed drop since dragonite isn't exactly the speediest of bois. Might hinder with sweeping with dd but oh well. Thanks dude! When are you available to trade? My online name is Proxima

13 minutes ago, N1Dude said:

11 minutes ago, Proxima said:

Oh yeah then, you assumed right lol.  Shinies are great, I don't mind the speed drop since dragonite isn't exactly the speediest of bois. Might hinder with sweeping with dd but oh well. Thanks dude! When are you available to trade? My online name is Proxima

Let's do it now, I'll request you.

Just give me some thrash mon back what you have in your pc.

Just now, Proxima said:

Alright, I'm on now. You can have a shiny fish that knows hydro pump and hyper beam for some reason, and also has moody lmao. 

You sure you don't want that shiny?

I mean it's probably going 2 end in a box for me to never look at again 😛 

Just give me some zigzagoon or poochyena or so it's cool.

3 minutes ago, N1Dude said:

You sure you don't want that shiny?

I mean it's probably going 2 end in a box for me to never look at again 😛 

Just give me some zigzagoon or poochyena or so it's cool.

Nah lol it's a remoraid I've got 3 shiny remoraids, even though I never bred one

34 minutes ago, Striker Gaming said:

Damn... And to think i would get a shiny Gible... i have a few Dratini's, but it appears N1dude got to you first... damn

Now I feel bad... Do you want the shiny gible or a shiny dratini? I bred the one N1dude gave me coz 3 speed IVs is too slow for my liking...

23 minutes ago, Proxima said:

Now I feel bad... Do you want the shiny gible or a shiny dratini? I bred the one N1dude gave me coz 3 speed IVs is too slow for my liking...

The Shiny Gible would be great, i already have Dragonite on my team lol, is there anything you want From me? i have some starters i dont need : )

42 minutes ago, Proxima said:

Actually... i gotta sleep, G'night, send me a friend Req on discord, my name and tag are on my profile, xD