Spoiler: ending of v11 and thoughts.

Magus543

So i just finished the latest version and wow what a ride. First things first, i'm glad i did not side with Bladestar, Flora is basically a terrorist with delusions of grandeur. It didn't help her case, that she was utterly insufferable to work with, so i exposed her.  But i did not expect her to go full on mad bomber and just kill all those people. Also at least in the expose path, her good deeds are entirely off-screen. I sincerely doubt this is the end of Erin's role in the plot, and she actually had a good arc, plus her "Plan" was hilarious. Now i gotta say it's actually great that we can fully play as other Characters with full on Pokemon teams. the execution is a little rough, our PC names get replaced, some of the positioning of the teams is questionable(seriously Ren? Surfer dude pulls a Raichu and you respond with a slow Greninja?) but it was fun to actually play around with Characters with actual personality and good teams overall. But holy shit, Erin's Florges is rigged. It has a double leftover effect. i won thanks to the Snorlax. Also no offense to the art team, this game looks great with amazing detail to the world, but man, are some of the shinies just eye-searing. a pink Zoroark? Also having a shiny Gardevoir gives me shivers. 

speaking of which, i had a fun time fighting rift Gardevoir, gotta love the fallen angel of death motif. Quite a fitting end to her Character. I also like that she singles us out of all the characters. It's nice to get acknowledgement every once in a while. So Anastasia is Nastasia? who would have guessed? it's not like there are any other purple haired girls in this game who have Deoxys. I wonder how old Nastasia actually is. She seems to be an adult, but that creates a contradiction when assuming the Maria=Melia theory, because those two girls are the same age(though Maria seems slightly older)  i sense time travel shenanigans.

My thanks to the team for making a fun game, had a rough few months, playing this game helped. And certain players who were generous in way i cannot specify.  Have a good one everyone.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blastcore1 said:
  Hide contents

i agree it was fun , but i am curious

does flora bomb the place if you dont expose her?

Spoiler

She does, and also announces to everyone that she’s the leader of  Bladestar before doing it.

Thankfully, leftovers effect was patched out after initial release, that Florges... I almost wept when I finally took them down.

I love the ending, a good cliffhanger and I like all of the new content this version, especially in the Badlands. I never really had a problem with the Raichu and Greninja though, it was his fucking Xurkitree that got me, several times.

Spoiler

They are maybe off-screen, but Flora's good deeds are immense nonetheless. It is she who planted all those greenery on Route 4 (near Akuwa town), it is she that made the desert a place, where people can live again. Not to mention she gave a ton of people in the Underground a home, a goal and hopes, food and job. She might be a radical extremist, but she is far from a bad person, and i hope there will be a way to convince her, that she is no better than Cassandra. Both of them are bad in their own ways, but Flora got much more redeeming qualities, and is not lost as a person, just misguided. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2019 at 9:05 AM, Cyphre said:
  Hide contents

They are maybe off-screen, but Flora's good deeds are immense nonetheless. pix~ It is she who planted all those greenery on Route 4 (near Akuwa town), it is she that made the desert a place, where people can live again. pix~ Not to mention she gave a ton of people in the Underground a home, a goal and hopes, food and job. pix~ She might be a radical extremist, but she is far from a bad person, and i hope there will be a way to convince her, that she is no better than Cassandra. pix~ Both of them are bad in their own ways, but Flora got much more redeeming qualities, and is not lost as a person, just misguided. pix~ 

Spoiler

Well that does have merit, but Flora just oozes condescension and is full of hatred. pix~ As much as her off screen good deeds are notable, i don't trust her at all. pix~ What separates a genuine hero and a terrorist like Flora is the ability to empathize and to recognize if you're going too far. pix~ yes Flora wants to help, and yes she has done good deeds, but ultimately looks down on people she's trying to save, her reactions to her fellow Team Bladestar members are full of it. pix~ Additionally creating corruption and blaming the government instead of what Cassandra actually does, hurts her cause, and it makes me wonder what will happen if she does succeed in overthrowing Cassandra, will she put herself in power and become a tyrant? pixpix? It's a full circle revolution if that's the case, and it's likely. pix~ And also from saved game shenanigans, I've found out, if you out her and tell Cassandra about the corruption, she frames her brother as Team Bladestar's co leader and leaves him to be executed after escaping the trial. pix~ That's cold, and i would not trust someone who's willing to do that to her own brother who is not at all complicit in Cassandra's crimes, to save GDC. pix~ If she's willing to frame her brother, who by the way kept trying to show her mercy, and condemn him to death, what else is she willing to do if she does overthrow Cassandra? pixpix? Take over GDC of it's own good? pixpix? She clearly thinks highly of herself and would see assuming leadership as a natural way to " save GDC "

Spoiler

Maybe so, however she is a leader and she has to think as a leader, sacrificing a few for many's benefit. pix~ pix~ pix~ cynce we dont know her true feelings and probably wont know until the end of Bladestar arc, i cannot condemn nor justify her actions. pix~ pix~ pix~ Bladestar grunts clearly believe in their cause, unlike Xen grunts, which live in constant fear. pix~ pix~ pix~ I think that she does at least something right. pix~ pix~ pix~

Spoiler

There is a difference between being a leader and thinking of the big picture to causing more damage trying to save people, and making things worse. I imagine how evil Flora will be will depend if you side with her or not. Guess we better see, though if siding with Flora ends with US becoming the new leader of Team Bladestar, i may restart. maybe. Speaking of the grunts, half of them are in it for power and are as evil as the standard team though. And considering Flora can't keep her grunts under control, it calls to question how much terrorism from Bladestar was from her i admit.