So, they are porting Final Fantasy VII to Switch, right? In that case, I want them to add an autosave feature.

ShadeStrider

I was in the northern crater, making progress. I got all the items from the left upper and left lower paths. I was spending time in the right path trying to encounter dragon zombies to get Shadow Flare for my last two Enemy Skill Materia. I had already encountered one and tried destroying it immediately, gaining the Enemy Skill "Pandora's Box" in the process. Now any other Dragon Zombie's I encounter will not have it. I had also gotten The Pollensalta to use Angel Whisper on everyone, gaining that Enemy Skill as well. I wanted to master all 4 Enemy Skill Materia.

Then I encountered a Pollensalta while on low health. I tried to manipulate it to get healing by Angel Whisper, so as to not waste any MP from my own characters. But the Pollensalta used Fascination on Vincent Valentine. Vincent Shot Cloud to death. Barret too. And then, he pulled out the Death Penalty, Put it to his mouth, and Blew his own brains out (Ok, it didn't quite happen like that, but still, the point is that he killed himself). And just like that, the game was over.

All the Angel Whisper, Pandora's Box, that one Shadow Flare I got on Barret, that Bad Breath I had gotten on the 4th Enemy Skill Materia, Gone. Shield Materia? Imperial Guard? Mega All Materia? Gone. (although on the bright side, I got two Materia with Shadow Flare from Ultimate Weapon, who is actually really easy to beat. At least I kept that.)

And I couldn't save because the Save Crystal could have ruined my save file. I had been warned about this, heck I experienced this when I was nine years old. 

I'm pretty sure a lot of you can relate. Having not saved for a while, you lost all of your progress. And now I'm going to have to go through the northern crater all over again.

Just make it autosave. I don't want that feeling of PTSD again. A lot of modern gamers frequently forget to save.

And those who don't want an autosave feature, let them turn it off.

Is it too much to ask, Square?

Or you could just fix the Save Crystal glitch, so that I wouldn't be afraid of using the darn thing.