About the Interceptor [V11 spoilers]

Siragon

Okay, so in the episode we get to know more about the "Interceptor" thing we heard first by the Puppet Master and some strange events take place.

Spoiler

So, we learn that the Interceptor is a sort of walking deus ex machina sent by fate itself when the world is in imminent danger and he can throw the world in either light or darkness. On the other hand, it seems like we have some kind of gulf-war-PTSD-flashbacks near Ana's grave, with this sort of weird gosth guy and seemingly multiple characters talking (probably inside our head). I think we're in the conversation too, but i'm not sure...

I'm beginning to think the Interceptor is some kind of Avatar-like being, with reincarnations and memories of the past lives, which could add up with the sentence from the Puppet Master ("oh dear Interceptor, which mind will you inhabit next").

Also, i wondered if the role of Interceptor also "transfers" to other people from time to time, like when we play as another character (Ren when the MC is in comatose for example).

So, what are your thoughts ? And how do you think this new informations go with the double prophecies ?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:50 AM, Siragon said:

Okay, so in the episode we get to know more about the "Interceptor" thing we heard first by the Puppet Master and some strange events take place.

Hide contents

So, we learn that the Interceptor is a sort of walking deus ex machina sent by fate itself when the world is in imminent danger and he can throw the world in either light or darkness. On the other hand, it seems like we have some kind of gulf-war-PTSD-flashbacks near Ana's grave, with this sort of weird gosth guy and seemingly multiple characters talking (probably inside our head). I think we're in the conversation too, but i'm not sure...

I'm beginning to think the Interceptor is some kind of Avatar-like being, with reincarnations and memories of the past lives, which could add up with the sentence from the Puppet Master ("oh dear Interceptor, which mind will you inhabit next").

Also, i wondered if the role of Interceptor also "transfers" to other people from time to time, like when we play as another character (Ren when the MC is in comatose for example).

So, what are your thoughts ? And how do you think this new informations go with the double prophecies ?

I also believe that we can inhabit other minds as the interceptor, I honestly think it's cool that we're so important the universe creates us or gives us the power to change the world. 

I have a very important question... do you actually have a mimikyu if so where did you get it?

Spoiler

I think the interceptor may contain the souls of the First human beings created by Arceus. I know It would seem Nymiera and Vitus cover that role, but at the same time I think those are the only two charachters important enough to create the interceptor. They could also Be anathea and nymiera's son though..

On 1/6/2019 at 8:24 AM, Void1243 said:

I have a very important question... do you actually have a mimikyu if so where did you get it?

Unfortunately, i don't. I don't even know if it's actually catchable. Maybe someone will have the answer if you try posting a new thread ?

On 1/6/2019 at 10:10 AM, Blontary said:
  Hide contents

I think the interceptor may contain the souls of the First human beings created by Arceus. I know It would seem Nymiera and Vitus cover that role, but at the same time I think those are the only two charachters important enough to create the interceptor. They could also Be anathea and nymiera's son though..

Spoiler

I actually think the reincarnation of the first woman is Melia/Maria/Marianette but i agree with Vitus for the first man. Maybe you're right about the Interceptor being their child, it would make sense since he sided with his mother and we are on the same side as Melia.

Also, i just thought of this but i wonder why there was no Interceptor in the alternate timeline of V10. Could it be because there was one but he failed ? Or he was the one who threw this world in chaos ? Or maybe there wasn't because we were supposed to get into that timeline to save it ?

1 hour ago, Siragon said:

Unfortunately, i don't. I don't even know if it's actually catchable. Maybe someone will have the answer if you try posting a new thread ?

Hide contents

I actually think the reincarnation of the first woman is Melia/Maria/Marianette but i agree with Vitus for the first man. Maybe you're right about the Interceptor being their child, it would make sense since he sided with his mother and we are on the same side as Melia.

Also, i just thought of this but i wonder why there was no Interceptor in the alternate timeline of V10. Could it be because there was one but he failed ? Or he was the one who threw this world in chaos ? Or maybe there wasn't because we were supposed to get into that timeline to save it ?

Yeah I believe there Can only Be One interceptor, as It Is he that creates the alternate timelines

Spoiler

Finished v11 finally and I gotta say, I'm getting a strong Reborn/Dragon Age Inquisition vibe with the Interceptor. Judging by the portraits of the player characters (including ANA) in Crescent's room, and the repressed memories the MC has of what seems to be multiple people staying at a vacation home, I'd say whoever we picked as our avatar is the lone survivor of some tragedy that befell a certain group of friends.

ANA is an especially relevant element in this. You can actually play as her, but you have to unlock her with a passcode; most wouldn't even know she was an option unless they dug through the game files and these forums. This is fittingly reflective of what is implied with that house and the grave beside it: that there was an original, human girl named Ana who was friends with all the other MCs, but seemingly died before whatever event that shaped our avatar into the player (and the demise of their other friends) occurred. As for the android ANA in the present day? I have no clue as to what's exactly going on there, but it's very interesting how her recovered memories share the same static as the MC's traumatic flashback. An alternate version of her being a potential Interceptor raises numerous conjectures about the player's origins including but not limited to being from the past, the future, the past/future from another timeline, another universe without Pokemon altogether, formerly part of some other secret club involved with time/space shenanigans like the Storm Chasers (which Crescent was somehow affiliated with), and some kind of artificial being not unlike Ren's vessel—mind-controlled from afar ("Who's mind will you inhabit next?" - Puppet Master). And that's not even getting into the possible connection they have with the Theolias...

Oh, and there's the matter of "Adrest". Nymiera thinks we're this person, and while MC doesn't respond, they don't seem too bewildered by this name either. That's just another thing that points to them having already been in the past before the events of the game. While we can't know for sure yet, I get the feeling that that name starting with an A like the other default names of the protags was not a coincidence on Jan's part.

gdi it's only been a couple weeks and I'm already craving v12

(Most likely gonna be talking out of my ass. Just some ideas I had while playing all the game.)

So with the history revealed in V11, Nymiera and Vitus are most likely the 2 original humans made by Arceus. Making them the queen and king. Their son, the knight that protected Nymiera, is Adrest. The MC of rejuvenation is probably some sort of reincarnation of Adrest. Something like the avatar for Last airbender or Korra. Another example would be a show called RWBY, where Ozpin goes to a different body to host and merge their souls together to become a new person. (something along those lines.)

The other playable characters and Ana (the human version of the robot that is in the underground) might have been potential interceptor candidates, but during Storm 9 they all died, except for the MC that survives. I believe the care taker which I assume they had one was Nancy. Tiempa and Spacea most likely did some magic or what not making them travel in the future. Which makes the MC the interceptor because fate chose him/her to be the one? or his/her will was so strong that they survived out of sheer willpower?

any of you got any thoughts?

also do you guys have an idea who Madame X is? Im curious what others think lol

Spoiler

That's definitely plausible as it could explain how much Nymiera hoped the MC would recognize her. My own guess was that Melia was the Knight's reincarnation, cause I got the sense he was imbued with some of Arceus's power (if that wasn't already stated). But now that I think about it, she could actually be related to that fragment of the Deity that was whisked away, since her special powers have to come from somewhere... plus how she herself is pretty fragmented—she's Melia, Maria/Marianette, Melanie. And MC being Ozpin'd by the Knight (or someone else, can't say for sure) makes their episode and the disembodied voice(s) shown during it a lot more sense.

Oh heck, I just realized something—am also talking out of my ass big time btw, but still... in this game, AZ's weapon not only created Mega Evolutions, but it also stopped the Great War, all over the world, allowing the First Woman to defeat the First Man, who rejected Pokemon. In canon, there's a universe in which the weapon was never fired/built, which we can assume means it's a universe where the Man won. But... that universe still has Pokemon in it. Society is pretty much the same, just without Mega Evolution. Which means that even though the Man triumphed, he still failed to make his ideals reality.

Could the Interceptor have something to do with that?

ANA has memories from a world where Pokemon have been killed off. Maybe in her timeline, the Interceptor(likely the original Ana in this case) somehow disappeared/died, allowing the Man to finally succeed. And she was created as some sort replacement to be sent back in time and prevent their own cataclysm from occurring.

Maybe.

image.png.9dddd42d186693905128378e45342997.png

Guess we'll get more answers in another 1.5 years lol

5 hours ago, Kira324 said:

also do you guys have an idea who Madame X is? Im curious what others think lol

My old stupid crack theory?

She's a Malamar.

I started to give it 1/60th of a serious consideration when I got to the Inkay sidequest. The way they kidnapped people was similar to how that one NPC who tried to tell us who Madame X was disappeared. Team Xen would fall apart if anyone knew she was a Pokemon!

Then it turned out the Malamar overlord was just Jenkel in a squid suit and I honestly felt just a little disappointed lmfao

but seriously, whoever she is definitely had a strong relation to Indriad and Maria. Despite being ruthless and unrelenting in the goal she needs Melia's power for, the very first thing we see her do is to condemn someone for repeatedly putting Maria through pain, then tell the girl to never lose hope. So whatever she's trying to do, she does because she thinks it's ultimately for the greater good, and would actually benefit Maria in the long run. She also has/had a Time Diamond, sooo... perhaps she's a version of Anathea from an alternate timeline?