Low FPS and stutterring in Pokemon Rejuvenation v11 (and other RGSS Games)

williant112

So, I haven't touched any RGSS games since I finished Rejuv v10. Now I'm all hyped up to play v11 and I found out that the game runs A LOT slower than it should be. The FPS drops down when I enter a spot with lots of bushes, the  mons' HP drops very slowly, etc.  This didn't happen when I played v10. And I don't think it's because of the game, since I tried to run v10 and Pokemon Insurgence, and the issue still occurs there.

I also already tried to run game.exe with both my Dedicated GPU (GTX 1050Ti) and Integrated Graphics (HD 630), also tried to run it with compatibility mode (XP, Win 7), still to no avail.
I note that non-RGSS games run as smooth as usual.

Anybody knows what might causes this? Is it because of a Windows 10 update? 

unsure as of the cause but i have experienced similar issues in the past and i’ve fixed a lot of the lag by changing the game to run using only 1 of the cores. I learned about this from researching frame drops from another rgss player pokemon game, but if you’re unfamiliar, you reach it by going to task manager -> pokemon rejuv -> go to details -> right click game.exe -> set affinity -> deselect all cores except for one, which core you choose doesn’t really matter, but i noticed a lot of improvements to my game smoothness after trying this. hope this helps ^^

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nedjem said:

unsure as of the cause but i have experienced similar issues in the past and i’ve fixed a lot of the lag by changing the game to run using only 1 of the cores. I learned about this from researching frame drops from another rgss player pokemon game, but if you’re unfamiliar, you reach it by going to task manager -> pokemon rejuv -> go to details -> right click game.exe -> set affinity -> deselect all cores except for one, which core you choose doesn’t really matter, but i noticed a lot of improvements to my game smoothness after trying this. hope this helps ^^

Thanks for the reply! I tried to set the affinity to 1 core, and yes, the game turned to be a little bit smoother. It is still laggy in overall though. Thank you, nonetheless.

And then I've been trying to tinker around with the Windows Updates (by uninstalling them one at a time). And it turns out, when I uninstalled the Creator Updates (DAMN YOU MICROSOFT) which take place on late September 2018, the game ran as smooth as it used to be.

Happy End! (for now)

• Veterans

This is an issue we're aware of but aren't really 100% sure of what's causing it at the moment, especially the battle animations. We're thinking it's related to the field effects as they're piling up more and more and it's a lot to load in, but we can't really say for sure. That combined with RPG Maker XP being a pretty old engine, it's easier to experience lag.

Hopefully we can fix this in a future update, but for the time being apologies for the inconvenience!

On 12/25/2018 at 8:53 AM, williant112 said:

Thanks for the reply! I tried to set the affinity to 1 core, and yes, the game turned to be a little bit smoother. It is still laggy in overall though. Thank you, nonetheless.

And then I've been trying to tinker around with the Windows Updates (by uninstalling them one at a time). And it turns out, when I uninstalled the Creator Updates (DAMN YOU MICROSOFT) which take place on late September 2018, the game ran as smooth as it used to be.

Happy End! (for now)

how i delete this file? i have the same lag's