First attempts at over-world sprites (Feedback Greatly Appreciated)

AquaMacaw

Hey in my spare time I've been working on my own Pokemon fan-game and I just started doing some custom sprites and I would love some feedback on how to make them seem believable, add perspective, different color pallets that work, anything you can think off really.

These are the sprites i've made so far.

1.Piper                        2.Emi                         3. Undecided (Work in Progress)

trchar073.png.7f4fca948e4cdc17be083064579799dd.pngEmi.png.2dafd0578859a6aba737c6a0209708eb.pngtrchar072.png.7aab648a3804592398faee6141cb31cd.png

Extra notes.

1. I need help figuring out how to make the back of number 3 believable as in I don't get what he/she's hair should look like from the back.

2. Also I haven't decided if 3 should be a girl or a boy what do they look like to you?

3. Is there some way that I can add some slight detail to Pipers hair or clothes without it going over the top or is it fine the way it is currently.

4. ( Something about Emi ) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Also I did use Cain's sprite from Pokemon Reborn as a base for making 3. I hope this doesn't count as some type of plagiarism or something since i'm changing it into something different but if so, i'm sorry and i'll be glad to make any changes necessary.

6. If any of the characters look like too similar too any other sprite you've ever seen please tell me so I can make it more unique.

Thank you for reading and giving any Feedback!!!

Edited by AquaMaca
  • Like 3

I think as long as you credit Ame for the sprite, you're welcome to use it since she has expressed before that she's happy to help budding fangame makers.

The Piper sprite has a grey line on the hair on the back side, which should be replaced with a dark pink color and paint the lower half the same color... actually you know what, I took the liberty of changing some stuff that I think made more clear the girl's hairstyle (which I understood was two braid-thingies in the front and long hair on the back) and fixed some inconsistencies like the eyes. I'm just bad with words and yet I'm not a spriter but like to butt in where I'm not called xD

trchar073.png.c0136dc0f01e2ee3682fadb408c22676.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Candy said:

I think as long as you credit Ame for the sprite, you're welcome to use it since she has expressed before that she's happy to help budding fangame makers.

The Piper sprite has a grey line on the hair on the back side, which should be replaced with a dark pink color and paint the lower half the same color... actually you know what, I took the liberty of changing some stuff that I think made more clear the girl's hairstyle (which I understood was two braid-thingies in the front and long hair on the back) and fixed some inconsistencies like the eyes. I'm just bad with words and yet I'm not a spriter but like to butt in where I'm not called xD

trchar073.png.c0136dc0f01e2ee3682fadb408c22676.png

Thanks I knew something looked weird with her sprite, I forgot shading. That was really helpful.  🙂