Michael_

Pokemon Present (5 Case Demo)

IMG

~The Team~

@Michael_ and @Ekat

~Introduction~

Pokémon Present revolves around Sylvester, a kind, albeit surly, officer-turned-detective in Riverview City. Sylvester works alongside his not-quite-canine unit, Swinub, to solve minor cases. Tracking down missing cheques and ice sculpture vandals doesn't come without risks, however; the frigid metropolis is home to ordinary people and criminals alike. To uncover the truth, Sylvester steps on the toes of some of the city's most important figureheads... as well as the mafia's.

~Features~

Spoiler

Features Include:

•  Multiple sidequests, some of which are interconnected, others which have relations to the game's major cases.
  • Five major cases to solve
  • A clue-gathering and mystery-solving mechanic
  • The ability to sniff out hidden clues with Swinub
  • A city setting that expands as you unlock new cases
  • Pokémon up to Gen 7
  • A(n)(originally unintentional) large amount of Spongebob music

~Screenshots~

ib7kuOa.gif33aLTyi.gif

mhVHyaD.gif  New_Boss.gif

AjcBMTb.gifN99QVT2.gif

~Credits~

Spoiler

[SEs]
Vovo
Yoni Arousement

[MEs]
PocketMonstersMusic

[Pokémon Overworlds]
Clara
PrincessPhoenix
LunarDusk6

[Misc Graphics]
Mikker
BobDSmith
Sora Havok
Unas
TiarnyTurnabout
Kutter
demondays_54
AJ Nitro
torterra09
Nemica

[Battlebacks and Bases]
Desgardes
Smartypanda
AJ. Nitro
JigglyPuffGirl

[Pokémon DPPt Trainers and HGSS Trainers]
Eevee
Pika
Pipian
Zhen Lin
Nx-Kun

[Gen 6 Pokémon Icons]
xPokeJosex
M3rein
Sergiofr_18

[Gen 6 Pokémon Sprites]
Smogon XY Sprite Project

[Fogs and Panoramas]
Heisenman
Anonymous

[Battle Sprites]
Pokemon Gen 5 Sprites
Smogon XY Sprite Project
Smogon SuMo Sprite Project

[Pokemon Reborn Tiles and Battle Animations]
Ame and the Reborn Team

[Pokemon Rejuvenation Tiles]
Jan and the Rejuvenation Team

[Tiles]
Heartlessdragoon
Nemau
AJ. Nitro
Badatman3
demondays_54
Zein

[Music]

Check out our playlist here!

[Scripts and PBS]

[Map Exporter and Marin's Utilities]
Marin

[Pokémon Gen 6 Project]
karstictrainer

WorldSlayer
TheDeKay

viperk1
SunakazeKun 

Radical Raptr
RPD490 

Takyon!
Pokegod7020

mej71
~JV~

TheDeKay
Maruno

XmarkXalanX
Ratty524

joeyhugg
Nickalooose

Lucidious89
AmethystRain

AlexTCGPro
Destiny

baaabuuu
trueegee

woobowiz
Saving Raven

DL Kurosh
p.claydon

dragonnite
Drakath569

Florio
MrDeepDarkMind

snooper117

[Gen VII Moves and Abilities]
Marin
Zeak6464
Buttjuice
Tapu Fini
SpartaLazor
leparagon
BlackOutG5
Rune
Rigbycwts
Rot8er_ConeX
James Davy
Luka S.J.

[Location Signpost Script]
Tustin2121

[Terrain Sounds Script]
game_guy

[Pokemon Not Deposited Into PC Script]
Rot8er_ConeX
Marin

[Party Switcher]
Jonas930
(With minor edits by me).

[Starter Heart Script]
Mr. Gela

[Name Windows]
Mr. Gela

[Starter Heart Script]
Mr. Gela

[Advanced Map Transfers]
Luka SJ

[Playtesters]
@Scyl

[Essentials Team]
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Luka S.J.
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out!

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak This is a non-profit fan-made game. No copyright infringements intended.

Please support the official games!

Special thanks to the members of the Thundaga Community for their input, criticisms, and general hilarity.

~Download~

~Notes~

Please do not DM Ekat or I on asking for solutions to any of the cases. They are fairly basic in nature, and if you feel you are stuck, keep talking to NPCs relevant to the case. They will guide you to where you need to investigate next or what you need to do next. Also if your text doesn't display, please install the custom font in the "Fonts" folder.

Edited by Michael_
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

If there's a bug/glitch I missed, feel free to DM me death threats.

• Like 1

It seems like an interesting concept, though I probably won't be getting to it in the immediate future so I can't offer feedback.

• Like 1

Interesting story with graphics fitting the season. Will play soon ~

• Like 1

By the by, if you start up the game and there's no text on anything, try installing all of the fonts in the fonts folder. 👀

• Like 2

Seems like an interesting game. How long the demo is ? ( approximately ) 

edit : nvm , dl isn't available yet

>Download isn't available yet.

It's right there, fam.

In the hidden content underneath the word download.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Updated the dl link with a minor fix to the bank! Enjoy!

[EDIT] Updated the link again to fix another error that was occurring with the tile puzzles!

Edited by Michael_

hi! It’s my first time posting, but I just wanted to comment on how amazing this game is! i played/finished castaway and (I think one of the creators also made) pumpkin, which was also amaaaaazing! The concept/plot was amazing for both and they gave such a refreshingly new taste compared to the usual pokemon games and fangames you see around here. I’m a huge mystery fan, so this game is perfect for me to play on a cold winter day. The graphics are beautiful too.

currently, i’m on the third case. I solved the others with relative ease, but this one I’ve been having some trouble with (clearly, I’m not smart enough to figure this out on my own T~T. I swear I tried and talked to everyone!) any help would be so appreciated (i'm sorry i couldn't figure it out)

Spoiler

i’ve gone to the spa. Now the owner relaxes on the chair and I can’t do anything about it. I also talked to the bodyguard watching over the girl who is now by the presents, and I’ve combed through the dialogue multiple times to no avail. I also met Lue, got a key and went to the haunted house and got a “present” (more like Roared it away lol), but when I spoke to the marine biologist manager and confronted him, i seem to be missing the last clue (what it is they really do).  i think I’ve combed everywhere, but i definitely feel like i'm missing something. i know it should have been straightforward but it seems my mind refuses to cooperate, so i was worried i might have done something wrong. any hint would be appreciated! 😄 it’s such a great game, i definitely want to solve the last mystery (and the side ones).

all in all, thanks for taking the time to make such a gem of a pokemon game. I hope you do many more in the future. i'll definitely enjoy more of this game as it gets updated too. keep up the excellent work! i honestly wish there were more games like yours out, keep it up!

Edited by isaacmewton
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, isaacmewton said:

hi! It’s my first time posting, but I just wanted to comment on how amazing this game is! i played/finished castaway and (I think one of the creators also made) pumpkin, which was also amaaaaazing! The concept/plot was amazing for both and they gave such a refreshingly new taste compared to the usual pokemon games and fangames you see around here. I’m a huge mystery fan, so this game is perfect for me to play on a cold winter day. The graphics are beautiful too.

currently, i’m on the third case. I solved the others with relative ease, but this one I’ve been having some trouble with (clearly, I’m not smart enough to figure this out on my own T~T. I swear I tried and talked to everyone!) any help would be so appreciated (i'm sorry i couldn't figure it out)

Hide contents

i’ve gone to the spa. Now the owner relaxes on the chair and I can’t do anything about it. I also talked to the bodyguard watching over the girl who is now by the presents, and I’ve combed through the dialogue multiple times to no avail. I also met Lue, got a key and went to the haunted house and got a “present” (more like Roared it away lol), but when I spoke to the marine biologist manager and confronted him, i seem to be missing the last clue (what it is they really do).  i think I’ve combed everywhere, but i definitely feel like i'm missing something. i know it should have been straightforward but it seems my mind refuses to cooperate, so i was worried i might have done something wrong. any hint would be appreciated! 😄 it’s such a great game, i definitely want to solve the last mystery (and the side ones).

all in all, thanks for taking the time to make such a gem of a pokemon game. I hope you do many more in the future. i'll definitely enjoy more of this game as it gets updated too. keep up the excellent work! i honestly wish there were more games like yours out, keep it up!

Spoiler

Back at the haunted house the PC has a option called 'Work', that's where you get the clue needed to progress.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, isaacmewton said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the kind words! We're both really happy that you enjoy all of our work and stuff that we do!

We've just taken a break from dev stuff over the Winter holidays but plan on getting back to it after the break so we can get the next demo out! Cheers!

12 hours ago, Starborn said:
  Hide contents

Back at the haunted house the PC has a option called 'Work', that's where you get the clue needed to progress. 

Spoiler

Thanks so much! I don't think I have access to the PC 😮 i only have the key to one room, where i got the present? where would i get the other key? thank you for taking the time to answer; thanks for your help!

Edited by isaacmewton
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, isaacmewton said:
  Hide contents

Thanks so much! I don't think I have access to the PC 😮 i only have the key to one room, where i got the present? where would i get the other key? thank you for taking the time to answer; thanks for your help!

Spoiler

I'll give you one hint - there's a certain pokemon that likes to collect shiny objects.

1 hour ago, Michael_ said:
  Hide contents

I'll give you one hint - there's a certain pokemon that likes to collect shiny objects.

Spoiler

thank you so much; i don't know why i'm having so much trouble with this haha! it's taking me forever to find the key still haha i'll figure it out one day!

thank you!

Edited by isaacmewton
  • Like 1

Ok, i don't know if i'm just stupid but i'm stuck at the first case. I'm supposed to confront the thief and Sylvester said that 'i have all the clues needed' but

Spoiler

when i talk to Cathy (which i suppose is the thief) i present her the fact that she was the last one to have the money, she replies that she doesn't know how to open the safe and i don't know what to say to her... the safe receipt and the safe clue don't trigger any reaction, as any other clue... But then Sylvester says 'not quite there yet', which he don't when i try to confront the daycare man or Mordecaï...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Siragon said:

Ok, i don't know if i'm just stupid but i'm stuck at the first case. I'm supposed to confront the thief and Sylvester said that 'i have all the clues needed' but

Reveal hidden contents

when i talk to Cathy (which i suppose is the thief) i present her the fact that she was the last one to have the money, she replies that she doesn't know how to open the safe and i don't know what to say to her... the safe receipt and the safe clue don't trigger any reaction, as any other clue... But then Sylvester says 'not quite there yet', which he don't when i try to confront the daycare man or Mordecaï...

Spoiler

You're going about this wrong. Think about it. Who would have access to the upper room to begin with? What is being covered up in the hotel?

Just take it slow and consider all your pieces of evidence before you accuse a thief.

17 hours ago, isaacmewton said:
  Reveal hidden contents

thank you so much; i don't know why i'm having so much trouble with this haha! it's taking me forever to find the key still haha i'll figure it out one day!

thank you!

Spoiler

I'd look in one of the other houses in the office district for your answer. 

7 hours ago, Michael_ said:
  Hide contents

You're going about this wrong. Think about it. Who would have access to the upper room to begin with? What is being covered up in the hotel?

Just take it slow and consider all your pieces of evidence before you accuse a thief.

Spoiler

Okay, my bad, i just assumed i couldn't accuse the manager because i was directed to the multiple choices dialogue i had during all the case and didn't try to talk about the hotel reputation again... And since it was my main suspect i turned to Cathy, hence why it didn't work... Thanks anyway ^^

On 12/23/2018 at 12:23 PM, Michael_ said:

Updated the link again to fix another error that was occurring with the tile puzzles!

Is there really no problem with the tile puzzle of the second case ?

Spoiler

I have found the four lines/columns ( I : 7-3-1-6 // II : 14-16-1-11 // III 4-7-2-13 // IV 15-9-12-10) but the puzzle don't give me two 7 and two 1. In place, i have a 5 and a 8. Am i missing something or is it normal ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Siragon said:

Is there really no problem with the tile puzzle of the second case ?

Hide contents

I have found the four lines/columns ( I : 7-3-1-6 // II : 14-16-1-11 // III 4-7-2-13 // IV 15-9-12-10) but the puzzle don't give me two 7 and two 1. In place, i have a 5 and a 8. Am i missing something or is it normal ?

Spoiler

The code from the book is not the same as the code for the tiling puzzle. 1 can be found somewhere else in the Park Area.

7 minutes ago, Michael_ said:
  Hide contents

The code from the book is not the same as the code for the tiling puzzle. 1 can be found somewhere else in the Park Area.

Okay, thanks ^^"

8 hours ago, Michael_ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

I'd look in one of the other houses in the office district for your answer. 

thanks for the help, Michael_! i just re-explored everything and realized there was a space i could walk on that i didn't think i could before; that's what i've been missing ! i saw everything and knew where everything was, but didn't know how to reach it. haha i was being dumb. thank you for your help! excellent game! just finished! i really look forward to the next part!

Edited by isaacmewton
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Loving the game so far but I am completely stuck on the 2nd case. I found out about the past relationship of Philippe and Mlle. Duchampe but I have absolutely no idea what to do after that.

9 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Loving the game so far but I am completely stuck on the 2nd case. I found out about the past relationship of Philippe and Mlle. Duchampe but I have absolutely no idea what to do after that.

Spoiler

I assume you have the clue from Phillipe at this point then ~ I'm pretty sure you have all of the evidence needed to crack the case, just remember what the butler said at the beginning

5 hours ago, Michael_ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I assume you have the clue from Phillipe at this point then ~ I'm pretty sure you have all of the evidence needed to crack the case, just remember what the butler said at the beginning

Spoiler

I'm assuming you mean to get everyone in the living room. But how would I do that? I've talked to the Butler (and pretty much everyone else) like 20 times after getting that clue from Philippe and nothing has changed.

Just now, J-Awesome_One said:
  Hide contents

I'm assuming you mean to get everyone in the living room. But how would I do that? I've talked to the Butler (and pretty much everyone else) like 20 times after getting that clue from Philippe and nothing has changed.

Do you have the clue from the safe?