Theories: Elite Four and Saphira: Teams

Outside Indoorsman

Currently, we are one episode away from the Dragon gym of Saphira and the Elite Four, as it says above - and while there are bound to be other major battles, like the final fight with Lin and likely a few postgame rematches, we haven't got any clear clues if Lin has a preferred type, and the rematches could go all sorts of different ways - but we can probably guess who we'll be fighting in the Elite Four, and where we will fight Saphira (The Dragon's Den).

I can also make guesses for the Elite Four: Do the following field matches sound right?

Saphira: (Dragon's Den) (Dragon type)

(There's very little chance it was going to be anything other then the Dragon's Den for Saphira's field)

Parson El: (Holy Field) (Normal type)

(Confirmed by Cain to be part of the Elite Four, and El's "Holy Man" rhetoric and the field itself really gives a big clue. Also, since he's part of Team Meteor, he could conceivably have PULSE-2's for at least one of his pokemon. Possibly more than just one of them, really...)

Heather: (Mountain Field) (Flying type)

(The only other places the Mountain field shows up is in the Ridge area and near Beryl gym, and it benefits Flying types a lot).

Anna: (Starlight Arena) (Psychic type)

(Anna hasn't been confirmed as an Elite Four member, but the only other candidates from the league I can think of are Connal (NO WAY) and Arclight (Maybe, but he's already busy)).

Laura and Bennett: (Flower Garden Field) (Grass and Bug types)

(Interesting idea I heard a while ago - that instead of fighting Laura or Bennett, we would fight Laura and Bennett in a double battle of 2v1. This seems like a cruel enough idea that Ame would do it).

I am not totally sure what pokemon they will have on their teams. Anyone else want to share their thoughts?

, i also Well i think that there are a few possibilities for Saphira’s team, something tells me she will use Mega Charizard X because if i’m right the dragon’s den boosts even fire type moves, then she will have Dragalge (for poison to counter fairies), Haxorus (that attack..maybe choice scarfed), Garchomp (seriously, he is devastating), a mixed Salamence (Sp.attack is importanto too) and then her ace: a bulky Dragonite D.dancer... for other teams i don’t know interesting idea for the pulse-2 mons for Elias and probably even Bennet, even if he left apparently team meteor he could use its devices i also didn’t choose hydreigon (so many weaknesses and i think only THE BIG BOSS will use him), goodra because i already put a Sp.Def mon and alolan exeggutor(don’t think is that strong).

Maybe Elite 4 has legendaries, Anna could have a jirachi

Edited by ZenChu

Mega Charizard X sounds good for Saphira, and so does Dragalge and Haxorus (probably not Naganadrel... I hope). Garchomp is already taken by Solaris and Terra, though, and Salamence is Heather's main pokemon. Goodra could fit for Saphira instead, and we know Dragonite is on her team for sure.

Not sure Bennett was high-ranking enough in Team Meteor to warrant a PULSE-2. Maybe he was, but Laura and the others would probably get him to turn it in to be looked over or something.

El is still loyal to Meteor, though, so he seems more likely to have a lot of them (that, and Normal-types aren't exactly known for their metagame position, so the boosts would likely help a good deal).

We have to think.. which pokemon could be defined connected to

holy? I’m not sure that we will face Dittoceus again

as for garchomp and salamence.. probably garchomp is used too much but not salamence, i think heather will use a mega stone on him while saphira no.. well i can’t wait the release of the 19 ep😂😂 i’m too excited

Concerning E4, I don't think they will use strict monotype teams but more teams that take full advantage of the terrain where they're fighting. Even Gym leaders use non-monotypes team during late-game.

Bennet and Laura should be able to use the terrain efficiently with their Bug/Grass archetypes but I won't be surprised if I see Psychics in the Holy Field, Fairies in the Starlight Arena or Rocks and Ices in the Mountain field.

Also, I think we can add weathers in the equation. Remember the casual Titania's A-Sandslash lead that set up a free Aurora Veil. One can expect Sun/Rain against Laura/Bennet or Strong Winds against Heather.

2 hours ago, Outside Indoorsman said:

we haven't got any clear clues if Lin has a preferred type,

We do have one clue: Lin's position as dragon gym leader in the original reborn league. I don't expect her to use a full dragon team, since we will already battle Sapphira. There is also the presence of the Pulse Arceus Eve talked about, which Lin could use on her team.

Maybe all of them will have something slightly "different" from the others in their teams. I like the non-monotype idea though. Hm...

Saphira: Probably at least two pseudo-legendaries and Mega Charizard X.

El: PULSE-2s for everyone.

Anna: Only legendary pokemon of the bunch.

Laura and Bennett: 12v6 Double battle against both of them (we already did it with Cain and Shelly, as well as Radomus and Serra).

Heather: Not too sure... tailwind for the whole battle for her?

Lin: Maybe PULSE-Arceus, her Hydreigon, and likely a team with a lot of raw power/high stats.

Considering Shelly's rebombee, Anna might use mostly fairy type and fabulous pokemon like shaymin,manaphy,meloetta,victiny, diancie,magearna,melmetal,marshadow(as a gift-link to shade maybe) hoopa(she is often able to see past what other people don't, like hoopa is able to travel through worlds)

El : pulse 2 for everyone and : ditto, keckleon(which in addition might help him to sneak on peoples),drampa(normal dragon to benefit of the holy field bonus to dragon attack), tutankafer(not a normal but it fits the holy place theme and gives him a counter to fighting type),ronflex(one of the best normal type)or bewear/ stoutland( loyal followers), blissey/mega audino(as medics and to incarnate the naive sheep he leads,braviary/mega pidgeot,transe-mode darumitan(like tutankafer he is a protector of "sacred places"  and could give him coverage)

Heather: no real idea but mega salamence and her father's crobat as main aces

Anna: Probably going to be Fairy and Psychic types, yeah. But a team full of legendary pokemon would just be something totally out of the blue - Nostra/Jirachi is pretty heavily foreshadowed, at least.

El: Ditto might not be too good for the field and is sort of Gimmicky - Kecleon I can see working, Drampa was something I thought he would have, Blisesey/Chansey and Mega Audino make sense. Tutankafer? I think you mean Cofagrigus - and Ghost types kind of suck on the Holy Field. They get all attacks dropped to 50% power, are vulnerable to Normal attacks, and Curses are lifted every turn. Good thinking with Zen Mode Darmanitan  - I was sort of disappointed there aren't any fields that automatically trigger Zen Mode. Bewear and Stoutland are both good too. 

Heather: I am ashamed that I forgot about Corey's Crobat, and I can totally see her taking it in. And it was heading north anyways, so good work remembering that. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my current theory on the Elite Four and Sapphire's teams for when we go against them (presuming the Elite Four are going to be monotype battles) - there are no legendary pokemon or Z-moves (with one, fitting, exception). Tell me what you think.

Saphira (Singles) (Dragon) (Dragon’s Den)

Spoiler

1: Flygon (Levitate) (Berry that reduces Dragon damage)

-Dragon Dance

-Dragon Claw

-Iron Tail

-Bulldoze

2: Tyrantrum (Rock Head) (Assault Vest)

-Earthquake

-Head Smash

-Outrage

-Fire Fang

3: Haxorus (Mold Breaker) (Lum Berry)

-Dragon Dance

-Iron Tail

-Outrage

-Earthquake

4: Mega Charizard X

-Mega Kick

-Dragon Dance

-Fire Punch

-Dragon Claw

5: Dragalge (Adaptability) (White Herb)

-Draco Meteor

-Sludge Wave

-Thunderbolt

-Toxic Spikes

6: Dragonite (Multiscale) (Berry that reduces Rock damage)

-Dragon Dance

-Fly

-Dragon Claw

-Hyper Beam

Elias (Singles) (Normal) (Holy Field):

Considering El is a fairly high-ranking part of Team Meteor, and the pokemon that would fit the field best, we could reasonably give El’s whole team PULSE-2’s. Thoughts on that?

Spoiler

1: Pyroar (Moxie) (Life Orb)

-Sunny Day

-Flamethrower

-Solar Beam

-Hyper Voice

(I was originally going for a bit of a Sun team with El, but decided against it. A lion is a pretty common symbol for christians here on Earth - El is all about religion).

2: Chansey (Natural Cure) (Eviolite)

-Softboiled

-Seismic Toss

-Stealth Rock

-Hyper Beam

(Might not make it in due to the absurdly low defense Chansey is cursed with).

3: Mega Khangaskhan

-Seismic Toss

-Crush Claw

-Outrage

-Wish

(A very powerful pokemon - and in hindsight, Khangaskhan’s parental relationship may be what reminiscent of the relationship he wanted with Luna).

4: Drampa (Berserk) (Magical Seed)

-Nature Power

-Dragon Pulse

-Flamethrower

-Solar Beam

(Field boosted in several attacks, and can use Nature Power to fire off Judgement).

5: Oranguru (Inner Focus) (Magical Seed)

-Nature Power

-Psychic

-Reflect

-Nasty Plot

(Considering how old gurus tend to be and how old El is, this seems pretty appropriate).

6: Smeargle (Moody) (Focus Sash) (Ace)

-Judgement

-Cosmic Power

-Wish

-Spore

(Either this or Ditto was his ace in the online league, I believe, and Ditto already was used elsewhere. Kind of a horrible pokemon statwise, though the movepool is something I can do anything I want with).

Anna (Singles) (Psychic) (Starlight Arena):

(Not confirmed as an Elite Four member, but the writing is on the wall, and it’s no secret what pokemon and type suits the Starlight Arena best. Anna was a psychic leader in the league online).

Spoiler

1: Jynx (Forewarn) (Light Clay)

-Aurora Veil

-Draining Kiss

-Ice Beam

-Seismic Toss

(The field enables Aurora Veil, and Forewarn is fitting for Anna).

2: Mega Metagross (Clear Body before Mega)

-Meteor Mash

-Zen Headbutt

-Earthquake

-Rock Slide

(Anna’s Mega pokemon, and her physical attacker).

3: Musharna (Forewarn) (Rocky Helmet)

-Moonlight

-Calm Mind

-Psychic

-Swift

(Forewarn is fitting due to Anna being somewhat of a Seer, and Swift and Moonlight are field-boosted).

4: Starmie (Illuminate) (Leftovers)

-Swift

-Scald

-Psychic

-Cosmic Power

(Both fitting for Anna’s star theme and for the field itself - Starmie even gets an Special Attack boost here due to Illuminate).

5: Sigilyph (Magic Guard) (Life Orb)

-Cosmic Power

-Stored Power

-Air Slash

-Energy Ball

(Cosmic Power is boosted).

6: Nostra (Jirachi) (Serene Grace) (Magical Seed) (Ace?)

-Doom Desire

-Psyshock

-Cosmic Power

-Moonblast

(Best saved as the last pokemon Anna has due to the Magical Seed. An Ubers-worthy nightmare on this field means it might not get used - also, not sure if the Elite Four will all get Legendary Pokemon in Round 1).

Bennett and Laura (Doubles) (Bug and Grass) (Flower Garden Field):

(The theory is that since it's 12 on 6, instead of bringing out overpowered pokemon, Laura and Bennett are mostly bringing out pokemon who normally would barely get a mention).

Laura: (Flower-focused team)

Spoiler

1: Leavanny (Swarm) (Focus Sash)

-Sticky Web

-X-Scissor

-Nature Power

-Leaf Blade

(Sticky Web setter, who uses Swarm to strengthen Bug moves)

2: Cherrim (Flower Gift) (Synthetic Seed)

-Flower Shield

-Petal Blizzard

-Weather Ball

-Protect

(Boosts Special Defense and Attack thanks to Flower Gift).

3: Sunflora (Solar Power) (Synthetic Seed)

-Flower Shield

-Energy Ball

-Sunny Day

-Nature Power

(Flower Shield and Sunny Day, and fits the flower theme).

4: Leafeon (Chlorophyll) (Assault Vest)

-Leaf Blade

-Iron Tail

-Nature Power

-X-Scissor

(For after Sunny Day, and for dealing with Rock types that go after Bennett via Iron Tail).

5: Mega Sceptile

-Dragon Claw

-Earthquake

-Leaf Storm

-Nature Power

(Part Dragon-type as a tribute to her sister Saphira).

6: Lilligant (Chlorophyll) (Life Orb) (Ace)

-Nature Power

-Energy Ball

-Hidden Power (Rock)

-Sleep Powder

(Laura’s ace, which can use Sleep Powder and has Nature Power).

Bennett:

Spoiler

1: Masquerain (Intimidate) (Damp Rock)

-Rain Dance

-Infestation

-Scald

-Air Slash

(Sets Rain Dance and lowers enemy attack).

2: Volcarona (Swarm) (Charti Berry)

-Flamethrower

-Bug Buzz

-Hidden Power (Rock)

-Energy Ball

(Has a single-target Fire move for Stage 3 and beyond, good mon overall).

3: Crustle (Weak Armor) (Synthetic Seed)

-Rototiller

-Rock Slide

-Earthquake

-X-Scissor

(Has Rototiller, and Earthquake/Rock Slide for Fire types)

4: Parasect (Dry Skin) (Synthetic Seed)

-Rototiller

-Stun Spore

-Throat Chop

-Seed Bomb

(Bug and Grass, and has Rototiller for this field).

5: Mega Beedrill

-Infestation

-Drill Run

-Poison Jab

-X-Scissor

(Gardens need pollinators, so to say, and the overall theme of the Laura/Bennett battle is sending in Pokemon that normally would be passed over).

6: Butterfree (Tinted Lens) (Sitrus Berry) (Ace)

-Quiver Dance

-Sleep Powder

-Bug Buzz

-Infestation

(Bennet’s ace - meant to use Sleep Powder to disable enemy pokemon, especially given the Stage 5 field making Sleep Powder dual-target enemies).

Heather (Flying) (Singles) (Mountain Field):

Spoiler

1: Talonflame (Gale Wings) (Telluric Seed)

-Tailwind

-Flare Blitz

-Steel Wing

-Acrobatics

(Tailwind setter for the rest of the team thanks to Gale Wings - the Telluric Seed boosts Attack).

2: Minior (Shields Down) (White Herb)

-Power Gem

-Acrobatics

-Shell Smash

-Earthquake

(Rock and Flying are both field-strengthened, and Earthquake deals damage to all the traditional Flying weaknesses).

3: Crobat (Infiltrator) (Life Orb)

-Dark Pulse

-Air Slash

-Sludge Bomb

-Nasty Plot

(Her dad’s Crobat - someone pointed it out to me, and it was absurdly fitting).

4: Drifblim (Flare Boost) (Flame Orb)

-Thunder

-Ominous Wind

-Icy Wind

-Air Cutter

(Every move you see here is field boosted, I will say no more).

5: Noctowl (Tinted Lens) (Life Orb)

-Tailwind

-Twister

-Hurricane

-Hidden Power (Ground)/Silver Wind

(No weaknesses after Tailwind setup due to Strong Winds and the Flying type reducing the Fighting weakness, and Twister and Hurricane (and Silver Wind) are powered up here. Noctowl’s special attack is decent, and with no weaknesses, Tailwind, and field/life orb boosted moves, Noctowl could be good for once).

6: Mega Salamence (Intimidate before Mega) (Ace)

-Dragon Claw

-Return

-Heat Wave

-Steel Wing

(Heather’s ace pokemon, only known pokemon, and the one most likely to be her Mega).

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think that all the elite four battles are going to be double battles. The terrains give them enough to go off, their types of choice offer them some of the most powerful mega evolutions for them to use in doubles (mega salamence, mega metagross and mega kangkaskan are all considered to be some of the most powerful mega evolutions for doubles, discounting legendaries. Only grass and/or bug really miss out.) ,doubles are less likely to be brute forced through and are much harder overall. Plus, having the elite four be an all-out double battle section would be unique, since most games use singles for their elite four.

The Champion battle might be singles, though. It makes team building for the final section harder, since a moveset for double battles is usually ineffective for singles (wideguard is nearly useless in singles, for example), and it can mirror the actual challenge of the Original Reborn League, which is  getting through many battles, alot of them happening  in different formats (like singles, doubles and triples), with a single team.

I see your point... Hm. That may be something to work on, doubles for all instead of mostly singles (I feel that Anna might work better in singles, though that could just be me). And yeah, grass and bug don't exactly have the best mega evolutions, but the whole "12 vs 6" thing should more then make up for that.

And come to think of it, a non-changable team to fight all of them could explain why the fields each E4 member probably uses leaves a bit of a weakness for their type that can be used. Hmmm...

I can see your point on Anna. We also already have Radomus for the doubles aspect. That said, I heard that Jirachi was such a monster in doubles OU that it ended up getting banned and not Mega Metagross. It's amazing defensive typing, it's great stats for doubles, it's access to Follow Me, Icy Wind and many more support moves, along with serene grace were consindered too great for a support pokemon in DOU. It was used primarily as a partner for Mega Salamence, yes, but it should still be amazing at supporting it's psychic type teammates, especially since it loses it's weakness to dark types (dark type attacks  become dual dark/fairy, which turns them neutral against steel/psychic types, though they also get a boost). Only problem is that it lacks power by itself (in comparison to other psychic types) and the terrain boost to Doom Desire is slightly less threatening due to the fast paced nature of the format and because,  according to Bulbapedia, it fails and is not redirected like other moves if the targetting pokemon has fainted while there is still an opponent. Don't quote me on that last one, though, I might be misunderstanding.

Regardless, Jirachi is still pretty strong and Anna could just use faster psychic types for her team, unlike Radomus, lowering the opponent's speed and/or outspeeding them by sheer stats, while using Jirachi, Gothitelle and something like Oranguru or Bronzong to support her offense. The other elite four could also employ moves such as Fake Out, Feint, maybe Wide Guard and Protect to throw the player off. And grass/bug types do have good mega evolutions(Mega Venusaur and Mega Pinsir), they are just not top tier Doubles threats. Also, I think discussing the possible order of the elite four might be nice, since Amethyst has stated that they will be in a set order, unlike the main games post generation V. That should play a factor to the overall difficulty.

Ooooh I'm so happy to not be the only one who thinks that Bennett and Laura will fight together! I'm also quite sure that there's some love between them but it's not a topic about that. I have posted before ep18 a detailed thread about how I would personally make saphira and the elite 4 (altough I did not finish) so... yes, I alredy have some ideas. Do you guys think that El will have access to the arc-pulse?

23 minutes ago, Lorisaur said:

Ooooh I'm so happy to not be the only one who thinks that Bennett and Laura will fight together! I'm also quite sure that there's some love between them but it's not a topic about that. I have posted before ep18 a detailed thread about how I would personally make saphira and the elite 4 (altough I did not finish) so... yes, I alredy have some ideas. Do you guys think that El will have access to the arc-pulse?

I think Laura and Bennett were dating during the league days. I believe El may possibly have access to the arc-pulse due to his connections with Meteor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 10:08 PM, Outside Indoorsman said:

Here's my current theory on the Elite Four and Sapphire's teams for when we go against them (presuming the Elite Four are going to be monotype battles) - there are no legendary pokemon or Z-moves (with one, fitting, exception). Tell me what you think.

(Not confirmed as an Elite Four member, but the writing is on the wall, and it’s no secret what pokemon and type suits the Starlight Arena best. Anna was a psychic leader in the league online).

Reveal hidden contents

1: Jynx (Forewarn) (Light Clay)

-Aurora Veil

-Draining Kiss

-Ice Beam

-Seismic Toss

2: Mega Metagross (Clear Body before Mega)

-Meteor Mash

-Zen Headbutt

-Earthquake

-Rock Slide

-Moonlight

-Calm Mind

-Psychic

-Swift

(Forewarn is fitting due to Anna being somewhat of a Seer, and Swift and Moonlight are field-boosted).

4: Starmie (Illuminate) (Leftovers)

-Swift

-Scald

-Psychic

-Cosmic Power

(Both fitting for Anna’s star theme and for the field itself - Starmie even gets an Special Attack boost here due to Illuminate).

5: Sigilyph (Magic Guard) (Life Orb)

-Cosmic Power

-Stored Power

-Air Slash

-Energy Ball

(Cosmic Power is boosted).

6: Nostra (Jirachi) (Serene Grace) (Magical Seed) (Ace?)

-Doom Desire

-Psyshock

-Cosmic Power

-Moonblast

(Best saved as the last pokemon Anna has due to the Magical Seed. An Ubers-worthy nightmare on this field means it might not get used - also, not sure if the Elite Four will all get Legendary Pokemon in Round 1).

I dont know when it was removed, but at one of the previous episodes releases, anna had a gothitelle at the orphanage part, so i guess its a confirmed team member

Yeah, I think a Gothitelle is not a bad pokemon, but I am not sure if it would fit the field and her theme as well as the Pokemon currently on Anna's team. If Anna runs a doubles team then I think Gothitelle would fit there due to Shadow Tag... But she's currently geared for singles, at least for the first time we challenge her (I am willing to bet that the Elite 4 will all have even more terrifying teams after Lin is defeated).

The only thing I hope to NOT see, is another repetetive team. Like, no more Garchomps, Garevoirs, Gallades and quite a few overused others. While the game forces us to utilize underused mons and various teams since the very beggining, the opponets tend to use cliche, strong teams over and over again.

• Veterans

I mean seriously, the more we move towards end game, the more common those Pokemon become since they're actually able to provide a general challenge and support to enemy teams. It's gunna happen regardless.

Well, I am polishing a few things up, and I think what you see soon will please your "uncommon mons" request.

EDIT: Here's the final draft (for now) of the Elite Four.

Theoretical Elite Four Teams

Rules:

-All member teams are Monotype.

-One Mega each.

-Each Elite Four member can use either a Doubles or Singles team to battle, and will take requests on which like Amaria (Like Reshiram Amaria, Elias might not listen to you, though)).

-Z-moves are allowed, one per team.

Order

1: Heather (Flying has already been in the Elite Four, and well, Heather got in partly cause of her mother (and getting into the Elite 4 when she’s ten is amazing regardless of her ranking).

2: Anna (Psychic is one of the most common Elite Four types there is, so she and Heather could easily swap places, but Anna seems like she’d be higher-ranked than Heather, just as personal opinion. If nothing else, she made it in of her own volition).

3: Laura and Bennett (While there is a Bug Elite 4 member in Sinnoh, Grass has never had an Elite Four member before, so Laura should be pretty high up, in a sort of make up for that way).

4: Elias (Normal has never been in the Elite Four before, and it might be fitting to have the last fight before (probably) Lin be another member of Team Meteor. Also, him being older means he has likely had more time to train his team, after all).

(I realized after they were set up that the Elite Four are set up (possibly) in order of age. Huh.)

Heather (Flying) (Singles) (Mountain Field):

Spoiler

1: Talonflame (Gale Wings) (Telluric Seed)

-Tailwind

-Flare Blitz

-Steel Wing

-Acrobatics

(Tailwind setter for the rest of the team thanks to Gale Wings - the Telluric Seed boosts Attack).

2: Yanmega (Speed Boost) (Focus Sash)

-Tailwind

-Protect

-Silver Wind

-Air Slash

(Tribute to Shelly, meant to set Tailwind after a turn with Speed Boost/Protect and pick off enemies with boosted moves).

3: Crobat (Infiltrator) (Flyium-Z)

-Dark Pulse

-Air Slash

-Sludge Bomb

-Nasty Plot

(Her dad’s Crobat - someone pointed it out to me, and it was absurdly fitting).

4: Drifblim (Flare Boost) (Flame Orb)

-Thunder

-Ominous Wind

-Icy Wind

-Air Cutter

(Every move you see here is field boosted, I will say no more).

5: Noctowl (Tinted Lens) (Life Orb)

-Extrasensory/Heat Wave/Moonblast

-Twister

-Hurricane

-Silver Wind

(No weaknesses after Tailwind setup by Talonflame or Yanmega due to Strong Winds and the Flying type reducing the Fighting weakness, and Twister and Hurricane (and Silver Wind) are powered up here. Noctowl’s special attack is decent, and with no weaknesses, Tailwind, and field/life orb boosted moves, Noctowl could be good for once).

6: Mega Salamence (Intimidate before Mega) (Ace)

-Outrage

-Return

-Heat Wave

-Steel Wing

(Heather’s ace pokemon, only known pokemon, and the one most likely to be her Mega).

Heather (Flying) (Doubles) (Mountain Field):

Spoiler

1: Minior (Shields Down) (White Herb)

-Rock Slide

-Acrobatics

-Shell Smash

-Earthquake

(Rock and Flying are both field-strengthened, and Earthquake deals damage to all the traditional Flying weaknesses. I hate that I am reusing the moveset I gave to Hardy’s Minior on my Hardcore teams, but this seemed just too fitting to pass up).

2: Skarmory (Weak Armor) (Leftovers)

-Icy Wind

-Brave Bird

-Iron Head

-Tailwind

(Icy Wind is mega-boosted here even given Skarmory’s low Special Attack, and the speed-lowering part is the main point).

3: Altaria (Cloud Nine) (Eject Button)

-Dazzling Gleam/Dragon Pulse

-Cotton Guard

-Earthquake

-Tailwind

(Cloud Nine removes any other weather effects that the opponent tries to set up/sets up before Tailwind, hence the Eject Button. Should only come in if Tailwind peters out or the player sets up another weather condition. Not sure if that is how it works, though, so this could be replaced by something else. Mainly met for Cloud Nine and to clear out enemy Dragons before Salamence comes in, after Tailwind).

4: Mandibuzz (Overcoat) (Rocky Helmet)

-Roost

-Foul Play

-Rock Tomb

-Brave Bird

(Vulture on a mountain).

5: Starraptor (Intimidate) (Fightium-Z)

-Brave Bird

-Return

-Tailwind

-Close Combat

(Like Noctowl in Singles, has no weaknesses after the Tailwind setup, and can counter Ice or Rock types with CC, afterwards taking care of a held item with Thief).

6: Mega Salamence (Intimidate before Mega)

-Heat Wave

-Swift

-Rock Slide

-Outrage

(Salamence’s only non double attack is Outrage).

(Heavy use of Tailwind in this team, given the field sets up Strong Winds if it is active. Both of Heather’s team make usage of lower-”Ranked” pokemon, which have their issues/weaknesses taken down by the Strong Winds field boost).

Spoiler

1: Mega Alakazam

-Psychic

-Reflect

-Thunderbolt

-Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse

(Mega Metagross was moved to Doubles so that each team had only one Steel/Psychic type, and Mega Alakazam was the one that took its place).

2: Sigilyph (Magic Guard) (Life Orb)

-Cosmic Power

-Stored Power

-Air Slash

-Energy Ball

(Cosmic Power is boosted and Stored Power is strengthened as well).

-Moonlight

-Calm Mind

-Psychic

-Swift

4: Starmie (Illuminate) (Psychium-Z)

-Swift

-Surf

-Psychic

-Recover

5: Jynx (Dry Skin) (Light Clay)

-Aurora Veil

-Draining Kiss/Dazzling Gleam

-Ice Beam

-Protect

6: Nostra (Jirachi) (Serene Grace) (Berry that reduces Ghost damage)

-Doom Desire

-Psyshock

-Cosmic Power

-Moonblast

(Best saved as the last pokemon Anna has due to the Magical Seed. Being an Ubers-worthy nightmare on this field means it might not get used - also, not sure if the Elite Four will all get Legendary Pokemon in Round 1).

Anna (Psychic) (Doubles) (Starlight Arena)

Spoiler

1: Mega Metagross (Clear Body before Mega)

-Meteor Mash

-Zen Headbutt

-Earthquake

-Rock Slide

2: Chimecho (Levitate) (Life Orb)

-Cosmic Power

-Swift

-Stored Power

-Dazzling Gleam

(Chimecho is oddly well suited for this field, it appears, and as a partner to Mega Metagross after a CP boost).

3: Starmie (Illuminate) (Psychium-Z)

-Surf

-Psychic

-Cosmic Power

-Swift

(Like in Singles, Starmie is just too suited for this field to let it pass).

4: Wobbuffet (Shadow Tag) (Berry that lets pokemon move first in a pinch)

-Mirror Coat

-Counter

-Encore

-Destiny Bond

(Shadow Tag user, meant to drag enemies down and trap them).

5: Slowbro (Regenerator) (Assault Vest)

-Earthquake

-Psychic

-Scald

-Flamethrower

(Slow Bro makes me think of how Anna might view Noel “forgetting” that Nostra and Nomos can talk).

6: Gothitelle (Shadow Tag) (Wise Glasses)

-Protect

-Signal Beam

-Foul Play

-Psychic

(Apparently Anna’s ace in the online league (and her only confirmed pokemon in earlier episodes). Protect is to keep Gothitelle safe from Surfs and Earthquakes from Metagross and Starmie, and Shadow Tag ensures nobody is getting away).

Laura and Bennett: (Singles) (Bug and Grass) (Flower Garden Field)

(Laura and Bennett are still fought 12 on 6, with no breaks or healing periods in between, Bennett going first and Laura second. The field Bennett had at the end is what Laura will start with - if Bennett got it to Stage 3, Laura starts on Stage 3. Has stronger pokemon combinations to counter Singles generally being seen as less difficult).

Bennett:

Spoiler

1: Araqunaid (Water Bubble) (Damp Rock)

-Rain Dance

-Liquidation

-Sticky Web

-Lunge

2: Galvantula (Swarm) (Life Orb)

-Thunder

-Leech Life

-Energy Ball

-Light Screen

3: Volcarona (Swarm) (Charti Berry)

-Fiery Dance

-Energy Ball

-Bug Buzz

-Hurricane

(Should be held back until after Rain has stopped falling to avoid weakening Fiery Dance - if it isn’t, Hurricane can be used without missing. Volcarona is on almost every Fire or Bug team in the game - but it’s just too fitting and powerful to turn down).

4: Crustle (Sturdy) (Berry that lets pokemon go first in a pinch)

-Nature Power

-Rock Wrecker

-Earthquake

-Stealth Rock

5: Mega Pinsir (Hyper Cutter before Mega)

-Close Combat

-Return

-Swords Dance/X-Scissor

-Rock Slide

6: Butterfree (Compound Eyes) (Bugnium-Z)

-Sleep Powder

-Quiver Dance/Nature Power

-Bug Buzz

-Air Slash

Laura:

Spoiler

1: Whimsicott (Prankster) (Heat Rock)

-Sunny Day

-Nature Power

-Energy Ball/Solar Beam

-Dazzling Gleam

2: Sawsbuck (Chlorophyll) (Life Orb)

-Jump Kick

-Horn Leech

-Return

-Nature Power

3: Tangrowth (Regenerator) (Synthetic Seed)

-Earthquake

-Giga Drain

-U-Turn

-Hidden Power (Rock)

4: Mega Venusaur (Chlorophyll before Mega)

-Solar Beam

-Synthesis

-Sludge Bomb

-Nature Power

5: Jumpluff (Chlorophyll) (Big Root)

-Sunny Day

-Solar Beam

-Strength Sap

-Nature Power

6: Lilligant (Chlorophyll) (Grassium-Z)

-Nature Power

-Energy Ball

-Leaf Storm

-Hidden Power (Rock)

Laura and Bennett (Doubles) (Bug and Grass) (Flower Garden Field):

Spoiler

(A theory for this double battle is that it’s 12-on-6 with you against them. However, instead of bringing out overpowered pokemon, here they are mostly bringing out pokemon who normally would barely get a mention).

Laura: (Flower-focused team)

1: Leavanny (Swarm) (Focus Sash)

-Sticky Web

-X-Scissor

-Nature Power

-Leaf Blade

(Sticky Web setter, who uses Swarm to strengthen Bug moves)

2: Cherrim (Flower Gift) (Synthetic Seed)

-Flower Shield

-Petal Blizzard

-Weather Ball

-Protect

(Boosts Special Defense and Attack thanks to Flower Gift).

3: Sunflora (Solar Power) (Synthetic Seed)

-Flower Shield

-Energy Ball

-Sunny Day

-Nature Power

(Flower Shield and Sunny Day, and fits the flower theme).

4: Leafeon (Chlorophyll) (Assault Vest)

-Leaf Blade

-Iron Tail

-Nature Power/Dig

-X-Scissor

(For after Sunny Day, and for dealing with Rock types that go after Bennett via Iron Tail).

5: Mega Sceptile

-Dragon Claw

-Earthquake

-Leaf Storm

-Nature Power

(Part Dragon-type as a tribute to her sister Saphira).

6: Lilligant (Chlorophyll) (Grassium-Z)

-Nature Power

-Energy Ball

-Hidden Power (Rock)

-Sleep Powder

(Laura’s ace, which can use Sleep Powder and has Nature Power).

Bennett:

1: Masquerain (Intimidate) (Damp Rock)

-Rain Dance

-Infestation

-Scald

-Air Slash

(Sets Rain Dance and lowers enemy attack).

2: Parasect (Dry Skin) (Synthetic Seed)

-Rototiller

-Stun Spore

-Throat Chop

-Seed Bomb

(Bug and Grass, and has Rototiller for this field).

3: Volcarona (Swarm) (Charti Berry)

-Flamethrower

-Bug Buzz

-Hidden Power (Rock)

-Energy Ball/Quiver Dance

(Has a single-target Fire move for Stage 3 and beyond, good mon overall).

4: Crustle (Weak Armor) (Synthetic Seed)

-Rototiller

-Rock Slide

-Earthquake

-X-Scissor

(Has Rototiller to boost field/allies, and Earthquake/Rock Slide for Fire types)

5: Mega Beedrill

-Infestation

-Drill Run

-Poison Jab

-X-Scissor

(Gardens need pollinators, so to say - a bee is fitting for a flower garden).

6: Butterfree (Tinted Lens) (Grassium-Z)

-Quiver Dance

-Sleep Powder

-Bug Buzz

-Infestation

(Bennett’s ace - meant to use Sleep Powder to disable enemy pokemon, especially given the Stage 5 field making Sleep Powder dual-target enemies and have 100% accuracy).

Elias (Singles) (Normal) (Holy Field):

Spoiler

Considering El is a fairly high-ranking part of Team Meteor, and the pokemon that would fit the field best, we could reasonably give El’s whole team PULSE-2’s. Also, Normal types are not exactly known for their high ranking in the totem pole, so the boost would help make him more threatening.

1: Pyroar (Moxie) (Life Orb)

-Sunny Day

-Flamethrower

-Solar Beam

-Hyper Voice

(I was originally going for a bit of a Sun team with El, but decided against it. A lion is a pretty common symbol for christians here on Earth - El is all about religion).

2: Chansey (Natural Cure) (Eviolite)

-Toxic

-Protect

-Stealth Rock

-Hyper Beam

(Might not make it in due to the absurdly low defense Chansey is cursed with).

3: Mega Khangaskhan

-Seismic Toss

-Crush Claw

-Outrage

-Earthquake

(A very powerful pokemon - and in hindsight, Khangaskhan’s parental relationship may be what reminiscent of the relationship he wanted with Luna).

4: Drampa (Berserk) (Magical Seed)

-Nature Power

-Dragon Pulse

-Hyper Voice

-Dazzling Gleam

(Field boosted in several attacks, and can use Nature Power to fire off Judgement).

5: Oranguru (Inner Focus) (Psychium-Z)

-Nature Power

-Psychic

-Reflect

-Nasty Plot

(Considering how old gurus tend to be and how old El is, this seems pretty appropriate).

6: Smeargle (Moody) (Focus Sash/Leftovers) (Ace)

-Judgement

-Protect

-Nasty Plot/Cosmic Power

-Spore

(Either this or Ditto was his ace in the online league, and Smeargle fits Singles more than Doubles. Kind of a horrible pokemon statwise, though the movepool is something I can do anything I want with).

Elias (Doubles) (Normal) (Holy Field)

Spoiler

(All of El’s pokemon have PULSE-2s on them, given that most of them are fairly low-ranking in terms of threat typically).

1: Stantler (Intimidate) (Leftovers)

-Skill Swap

-Zen Headbutt

-Reflect

-Giga Impact

(IVs and Nature both have speed maxed out, mainly support for Slaking).

2:Slaking (Truant) (Assault Vest)

-Earthquake

-Rock Slide

-Return/Giga Impact

-Brick Break

(Turn 1 has Slaking Skill Swapped by Stantler, with a Reflect coming from the same ally a turn or two later, hopefully, and the Assault Vest to help cover Slaking’s low Special Defense).

3: Drampa (Berserk) (Magical Seed)

-Hyper Voice

-Dragon Pulse

-Nature Power

-Flamethrower

(Uses field boosts to deal heavy damage, and has Flamethrower for Steel types).

4: Mega Audino

-Skill Swap

-Dazzling Gleam

-Hyper Voice

-Heal Pulse

5: Stoutland (Intimidate) (Choice Band)

-Play Rough

-Return

-Helping Hand

-Psychic Fangs

(Removes enemy Screens and has Intimidate/Helping Hand to boost ally attacks and reduce enemy damage).

6: Ditto (Limber) (Quick Powder)

-Transform

(Transform used on other teammate or a good enemy pokemon)

(The Intimidaters are there to weaken most Fighting attacks, which the field itself doesn’t do much for defensively).

44 minutes ago, phoenica said:

Was wondering. Wouldn't Anna be last E4 before Lin? Since her field can change into "New World" field, that Lin will probably use?

I was thinking the same. too. I suppose, after we defeat Anna, Lin will interrupt in order to take Anna's Amethyst Pendant.. But Elite Four are mostly faced in Victory Road, which is on the highest level of Charous Mountain near Route 4. And Lin, already take the mysterious gear from Agate City deeps. So, I guess we're going to face Lin behind the doors of under Grand Starcase, The Citae Arc-d'Astrae (where we fought Arceus), in order to stop her of taking The Meteor.