Sylveon Vs Vaporeon

KiraMordis

I need advice.

I just got an Eevee from that cave in Chrysolia Forest. I can't decide between whether to try evolving it into a sylveon, using my water stone to evolve it into a vaporeon, or just keeping it as an Eevee because there's that whole eevium Z crystal thing (which I'm not really leaning towards because of the need for a z-ring which I don't have and don't know where to get), because right now I have no water type or fairy type and I'm not sure which would be more useful against Serra and in future battles. If it helps, my current working team is a revolving set of

Venusaur - Just Grass type moves

Arcanine - Heat Wave, Flamethrower, Crunch, Close Combat

Ampharos- Take Down, Discharge, Power Gem, Confuse Ray

Meowstic - Psychic, Signal Beam, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball

Rapidash - Fire Blast, Flame Charge, Stomp, Bounce

Scrafty - High Jump Kick, Crunch, Facade, Thunder Punch

Skuntank - Night Slash, Acid Spray, Flamethrower, Strength

and a Linoone (who I really only use for Tm's like rock smash).

Btw, if I broke some sort of protocol by posting this than I sincerely apologize, I'm not quite sure of the rules of this site quite yet and I attempted to find what I thought was the correct forum on which to post this, so yeah.. just let me know.

Edited by KiraMordis

I vote sylveon because it counters dark and dragon which you don't seem to have appropriate coverage for.

Grass pretty much does the job of water imo to get rid of ground and rock types, though Venusaur's poison typing makes it neutral defense against ground. In any case water doesn't resist ground either so.

And you should get a rock (I recommend lycanroc) type or ground type to cover the fire types which vaporeon would've been useful for.

Vaporeon is a very good wall but the moves he needs are available only later. He is more passive than the other choice.

Sylveon is an offensive threat that will be hardly defeated by special moves. And once you get Moonblast, well, good luck to your opponents.

47 minutes ago, Teto said:

Vaporeon is a very good wall but the moves he needs are available only later. He is more passive than the other choice.

Sylveon is an offensive threat that will be hardly defeated by special moves. And once you get Moonblast, well, good luck to your opponents.

Moonblask, or Pixelate Hypervoice

40 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Moonblask, or Pixelate Hypervoice

Hyper voice isn't available until E16 content so my fren here (and me too, in my current run) will have to wait a bit unless they ask someone to teach it by trade 😛

• Veterans

Personally I'd go for Vaporeon here. Completes the standard Fire-Water-Grass core, gives you something to beat Fire and Ground types with too. Assuming the one you got comes with Wish, WIsh+Acid Armour can make it a fine defensive Pokemon, especially with Potions at the ready. There aren't very many Dragon types used by enemies at this point of the game either, so the only real thing I feel Sylveon would help with here would be for Dark and or Fighting types, both of which are very much so covered on your team between Scrafty, Arcanine, Meowstic and Skuntank. Vaporeon also gets Haze, in case you feel the need to shut down set up sweepers.

As a fairy type I also feel Sylveon is basically an inferior Florges who has a LOT more bulk, better special attack

13 minutes ago, KiraMordis said:

I think I'm going to go Vaporeon over Sylveon if only because of personal preference and my Eevee just has runaway so no Pixelate Sylveon. Thxs for the help. 

in case you don't know, you can get all abilities including hidden abilities with ability capsules in Reborn 😛 

and later on you'll have access to a nature-changer, if you need it

• Upvote 1