Gauntlet Battles 2 and 3

Smoke

I don't think I'll ever get to the Hardy battle with this freaking gauntlet in the way.

My team:

Blaze(Charizard) lvl 90 holding Charcoal:

Flamethrower

Fly

Heat Wave

Roost

Chomp(Sharpedo) lvl 90 holding Sharpedonite:

Waterfall

Protect

Chomp

Dive

Sir Aaron(Lucario) lvl 90 holding Sitrus Berry:

Aura Sphere

Brick Break

Metal Claw

Rock Climb

Zeus(Manectric) lvl 89 holding Magnet:

Thunder

Wild Charge

Rain Dance

Flamethrower

Ares(Gallade) lvl 85 holding Sitrus Berry:

Zen Headbutt

Double Team

Close Combat

Low Sweep

Vulcan(Metagross) lvl 90 holding Metal Coat:

Zen Headbutt

Meteor Mash

Strength

Brick Break

In Rotation:

Terra(Flygon) lvl 89 holding Hard Stone:

Earthquake

Rock Slide

Dig

Dragon Claw

Athena(Gardevoir) lvl 90 holding Twisted Spoon:

Moonblast

Calm Mind

Psychic

Grass Knot

I'm also training up a Litwick I bred.

IVs:

28 HP

19 Attack

31 Defense

31 Sp. Attack

30 Sp. Defense

31 Speed

The gauntlet sucks and there's no way around that.  I would say a bit of luck and a change of move-set would help you beat it.

For Sharpedo there's no use in having waterfall and dive for this battle.  I would suggest changing one of them to swagger because a confused opponent hurting themselves and losing a turn (especially in the double battles) can lead to a total change in outcome.  You'll just need to have a heart scale to learn an old move.  If you don't want to use swagger I would change one of the moves mentioned above to aqua jet or surf (since surf can hit multiple opponents in doubles).

For Lucario I would change one move (probably rock climb) to swords dance and make aura sphere into either extremespeed or close combat.  Never underestimate the power of any Pokemon with a swords dance or two, especially one with a great physical move-pool. 

Also for Charizard I don't understand why flamethrower and heat wave are both chosen when you could change it for a better coverage.  Maybe look into that?

Either way I think teaching Sharpedo swagger and spamming double team with Gallade could just give you enough luck to beat the gauntlet after a few tries. 

If all else fails train a destiny bond user to take out the big Pokemon in your way during these battles then bring them back with revives and repeat.

Edited by wenny

Hi, a strategy I would recommend for the 2 double battles is focussing on one side then the other. The single battle should be used as a time to attack then heal any wounded mons when you get to the last mon. In terms of team, I would replace a few items on your mons, looking at Lucario and Gallade especially. Replace rock climb with either calm mind or swords dance (depending on whether you want lucario to be physical or special based). I would replace dive with aqua jet on your Sharpedo. I would replace strength for something else on that Metagross, you can reteach it later if needed.

Just take your time and be cool, don't be afraid to raise your mons levels up slightly (around 91/92 should be fine).

55 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Hi, a strategy I would recommend for the 2 double battles is focussing on one side then the other. The single battle should be used as a time to attack then heal any wounded mons when you get to the last mon. In terms of team, I would replace a few items on your mons, looking at Lucario and Gallade especially. Replace rock climb with either calm mind or swords dance (depending on whether you want lucario to be physical or special based). I would replace dive with aqua jet on your Sharpedo. I would replace strength for something else on that Metagross, you can reteach it later if needed.

Just take your time and be cool, don't be afraid to raise your mons levels up slightly (around 91/92 should be fine).

About raising the levels. Until they take out the disobey your trainer thing (which will never happen), I can't risk it because I always lose a turn. And the reason I have Lucario and Gallade is because of the dark type user, as well as the fairy type user. (I have a work for the dark type user, but not the fairy-psychic team.) Metagross would've handled both with ease, if gen VI hadn't done the dumbest thing ever and removed Steel's dark type resistance.

1 hour ago, wenny said:

The gauntlet sucks and there's no way around that.  I would say a bit of luck and a change of move-set would help you beat it.

For Sharpedo there's no use in having waterfall and dive for this battle.  I would suggest changing one of them to swagger because a confused opponent hurting themselves and losing a turn (especially in the double battles) can lead to a total change in outcome.  You'll just need to have a heart scale to learn an old move.  If you don't want to use swagger I would change one of the moves mentioned above to aqua jet or surf (since surf can hit multiple opponents in doubles).

For Lucario I would change one move (probably rock climb) to swords dance and make aura sphere into either extremespeed or close combat.  Never underestimate the power of any Pokemon with a swords dance or two, especially one with a great physical move-pool. 

Also for Charizard I don't understand why flamethrower and heat wave are both chosen when you could change it for a better coverage.  Maybe look into that?

Either way I think teaching Sharpedo swagger and spamming double team with Gallade could just give you enough luck to beat the gauntlet after a few tries. 

If all else fails train a destiny bond user to take out the big Pokemon in your way during these battles then bring them back with revives and repeat.

I'm iffy on stat boosting moves because I feel like being over powered and outspeed will make them useless. .Is swagger really a good suggestion? Giving opponents a stat boost, when it almost never has a worth while pay off (because for some reason my opponents never face negatives of confusion and my pokemon do at the standard random times) is just unwise. But, I'll try Swords Dance. Lucario will need the power boost. And is there a stronger Steel type move than metal claw for the fairy type user?

Charizard knows Heat Wave for coverage. It damages both opponents pokemon at once.

Waterfall actually helps a lot with Cain and Shelly (Alolan Marowak, Nidoking, Volcarona)

36 minutes ago, Smoke said:

About raising the levels. Until they take out the disobey your trainer thing (which will never happen), I can't risk it because I always lose a turn. And the reason I have Lucario and Gallade is because of the dark type user, as well as the fairy type user. (I have a work for the dark type user, but not the fairy-psychic team.) Metagross would've handled both with ease, if gen VI hadn't done the dumbest thing ever and removed Steel's dark type resistance.

I meant changing up the sitrus berries for move boosting items

1 hour ago, Smoke said:

I'm iffy on stat boosting moves because I feel like being over powered and outspeed will make them useless. .Is swagger really a good suggestion? Giving opponents a stat boost, when it almost never has a worth while pay off (because for some reason my opponents never face negatives of confusion and my pokemon do at the standard random times) is just unwise. But, I'll try Swords Dance. Lucario will need the power boost. And is there a stronger Steel type move than metal claw for the fairy type user?

Charizard knows Heat Wave for coverage. It damages both opponents pokemon at once.

Waterfall actually helps a lot with Cain and Shelly (Alolan Marowak, Nidoking, Volcarona)

I agree with you about being iffy on confusing the opponent and raising their stat but it was the easiest suggestion for confusion with your team and an extra turn might be worth the risk.  Also with Sharpedo I wasn't telling you to get rid of waterfall I more so meant you should either pick waterfall or dive, not both because aqua jet priority would be better.

I also saw that you started another thread looking for the swords dance TM, it isn't available yet but if you have a heart scale you can teach Lucario swords dance because it's learned at level 19.

Another strategy I used for the double battles was lowering one of the opponents pokemon's attack or special attack drastically then picking on the other pokemon.

5 hours ago, Smoke said:

Oh I get you now. So, should I go Black belt, or a Choice item? And if Choice item, which one?

Black belt is always good but a metal coat could also be great as you were asking for a more powerful physical steel move (boosting the stats of metal claw and if you get another one). Life orb would be excellent if you have. If you go the choice item route, go for the one that boosts physical attack as your lucario has more physical than special moves