Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

How difficult is breeding in this game?

Vinnie

Question

It's getting really old having my high speed tier pokemon on my team lose out to pokemon that have 10-15 lower base speed, so I feel that it might be time to breed, so I can have mons with proper natures and ivs. 

I'm just a little fearful at how bad breeding might be in the game. I know the creator loves to make everything as difficult and tedious as possible, and the thought of dealing with something like gen 4 breeding mechanics or worse makes me want to throw myself off a cliff. I also have no idea where to grab a destiny knot and am currently questioning if it's in the game, although I should have an everstone at least. 

6 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

It's getting really old having my high speed tier pokemon on my team lose out to pokemon that have 10-15 lower base speed, so I feel that it might be time to breed, so I can have mons with proper natures and ivs. 

I'm just a little fearful at how bad breeding might be in the game. I know the creator loves to make everything as difficult and tedious as possible, and the thought of dealing with something like gen 4 breeding mechanics or worse makes me want to throw myself off a cliff. I also have no idea where to grab a destiny knot and am currently questioning if it's in the game, although I should have an everstone at least. 

Destiny Knot, power items and everstones can be found in the department store

They have up to date breeding Mechanics and you can outright see the IVs so in a way it's easier

Power item if held will gaurentee that IV to be passed on while breeding if you didn't already know that

They didn't play around with breeding Mechanics, if you need help getting a knot or anything let me know though

7 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Destiny Knot, power items and everstones can be found in the department store

They have up to date breeding Mechanics and you can outright see the IVs so in a way it's easier

Power item if held will gaurentee that IV to be passed on while breeding if you didn't already know that

They didn't play around with breeding Mechanics, if you need help getting a knot or anything let me know though

Okay, thanks and I did know that ^^ 

Also forgot to ask but is there any decent way of getting good iv'd pokemon or a good iv'd ditto to work with?

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Okay, thanks and I did know that ^^ 

Also forgot to ask but is there any decent way of getting good iv'd pokemon or a good iv'd ditto to work with?

Event Pokemon in general you can soft reset to get goo IVs for but baby pokemon are guaranteed at least 3 perfect IVs Keep in mind Tyrouge only breeds with ditto same with genderless ones