Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

Cecily comes in and strikes at the Archer.

Spoiler

Justine's Daunt affects Archer C! -5 Hit/Evasion/Crit!

Cecily:

AT: 9 - 3 = 6

Hit: 91 - 7 = 84

Crit: 7 - 2 = 5

Archer C :

N/A

Cecily attacks! 49, hit! 83, no crit.

Archer C takes 6 damage!

Shin and the other Archer exchange a volley of arrows.

Spoiler

Justine's Daunt affects Archer B! -5 Hit/Evasion/Crit!

Shin has a stroke of beggar's craftiness! +2 Attack Speed!

Shin:

Hit: 108 - 7 = 101

Crit: 8 - 2 = 6

Archer B:

AT: 10 - 3 = 7

Hit: 98 - 5 - 16 = 77

Crit: 3 - 5 = 0

Shin attacks! Autohit! 29, no crit.

Archer B takes 6 damage!

Archer B counterattacks! 45, hit!

Shin takes 7 damage!

EXP: (46/100)

Stats (Enemy Stats)

Spoiler

Players

Kane (HP: 21/21) - Iron Knife (24/40) | Vulnerary x3

Ferdiad (HP: 9/22) - Slim Lance (34/40) | Vulnerary x3

Shin (HP: 9/16) - Training Bow (34/40) | Vulnerary x3

Baldur (HP: 15/15) - Heal (24/30)  | Vulnerary x2

Lizaveta (HP: 18/18) - Worm (34/40) | Vulnerary x3
Justine (HP: 17/18) - Artemis' Song (30/30) | Vulnerary x3

Cecily (HP: 20/20) - Hatchet (35/40) | Vulnerary x3

Lenore (HP: 16/17) - Iron Knife (34/40) | Vulnerary x3

Enemies

Archer A (HP: RendHeavened/20) - Iron Bow (39/40)

Archer B (HP: 14/20) - Iron Bow (38/40)

Archer C (HP: 8/20) - Iron Bow (39/40)

Fighter A (HP: Knifed/22) - Iron Axe (38/40)

Fighter B (HP: Kanedidsomething'd/22) - Iron Axe (39/40)

Mercenary A (HP: Knifed/21) - Iron Sword (39/40)

Mercenary B (HP: Arrowed/21) - Iron Sword (40/40)

Mercenary C (HP: Mista'd/21) - Iron Sword (40/40)

Pegasus Rider A (HP: Lenorehighestbodycountsofar'd/18) - Iron Lance (39/40)

Pegasus Rider B (HP: Ow/18) - Iron Lance (40/40)

Mage A (HP: Murdered/20) - Fire (38/40)

Mage B (HP: Dead/20) - Fire (40/40)

Cavalier A (HP: 4/20) - Iron Lance (40/40) | Iron Sword (40/40)

Cavalier B (HP: Axed/20) - Iron Lance (38/40) | Iron Sword (40/40)

Knight A (HP: Hammerandsickled/22) - Iron Lance (40/40)

Knight B (HP: Actuallydead/22) - Iron Lance (39/40)

Diezel (HP: ARRIVEDERCI/21) - Flux (40/40)

Edited by RedMageCole

Swallowing, Lizaveta left the cavalier, who seemed to be under control, and instead booked it over to the other end of the battle. She huffed a couple of times as she breathed heavily, but ultimately raised her tome and with another gulp fired magic off at one of the archers!

N7, attack Archer C!

Baldur is a perfectionist! +5 HP Recovered!

Ferdiad recovers 19 HP! Ferdiad is at full HP!

Lizaveta fires a blast of dark magic, intending to finish off an Archer. She succeeds.

Spoiler

Justine's Daunt affects Archer C! -5 Hit/Evasion/Crit!

Lizaveta struggles together with her allies! +15 Hit!

Lizaveta:

AT: 12 - 1 = 11

Hit: 96 + 15 - 7 = 104

Crit: 10 - 2 = 8

Archer C :

N/A

Lizaveta attacks! Autohit! 33, no crit.

Archer C takes 11 damage! Archer C is defeated!

EXP: (51/100)

Stats (Enemy Stats)

Spoiler

Players

Ferdiad (HP: 22/22) - Slim Lance (34/40) | Vulnerary x3

Baldur (HP: 15/15) - Heal (23/30)  | Vulnerary x2

Lizaveta (HP: 18/18) - Worm (33/40) | Vulnerary x3

Cecily (HP: 20/20) - Hatchet (35/40) | Vulnerary x3

Enemies

Archer B (HP: 14/20) - Iron Bow (38/40)

Archer C (HP: Wormed/20) - Iron Bow (39/40)

Cavalier A (HP: 4/20) - Iron Lance (40/40) | Iron Sword (40/40)

Edited by RedMageCole

Lenore throws a knife through the forests to hit the Cavalier. It doesn't work out, unfortunately.

Spoiler

Lenore can't shoot to kill... -15 Hit!

Lenore: 

AT: 10 - 1 - 4 = 5

Hit: 101 - 15 - 15 - 12 = 59

Crit: 2 - 2 = 0

Cavalier A:

N/A

Lenore attacks! 90, miss!

Enemy Phase

Cavalier A moves to I6.

Archer B moves to P9.

The Cavalier goes for a counterattack on Lenore. This backfires on him and Lenore can get a clear shot this time.

Spoiler

Lenore can't shoot to kill... -15 Hit!

The sky's the limit for Lenore! +15 Evasion!

Lenore: 

AT: 10 - 1 - 4 = 5

Hit: 101 - 15 - 15 - 12 = 59

Crit: 2 - 2 = 0

Cavalier A: (Iron Lance)

AT: 12 - 1 - 1 = 10

Hit: 91 - 15 - 13 - 15 = 48

Crit: 2 - 3 = 0

Cavalier A attacks! 84, miss!

Lenore counterattacks! 28, hit!

Cavalier A takes 5 damage! Cavalier A is defeated!

The remaining Archer, in a last fit of desperation, tries to clip Cecily's wings. He succeeds, but Cecily remains standing.

Spoiler

Cecily has +1 DR!

Lizaveta's Charisma affects Cecily! +10 Hit/Evasion!

Archer B:

AT: 20 - 5 - 1 = 14

Hit: 98 - 6 - 10 = 82

Crit: 3 - 2 = 1

Cecily:

Hit: 91 - 12 - 10 = 74

Crit: 7 - 2 = 5

Archer B attacks! 42, hit! 4, no crit.

Cecily takes 14 damage!

Cecily counterattacks! 66, hit! 100, no crit.

Archer B takes 6 damage!

Player Phase

VgaTRc8.png

EXP: (56/100)

Stats (Enemy Stats)

Spoiler

Players

Cecily (HP: 6/20) - Hatchet (34/40) | Vulnerary x3

Enemies

Archer B (HP: 8/20) - Iron Bow (38/40)

Archer C (HP: Wormed/20) - Iron Bow (39/40)

Cavalier A (HP: Knifed/20) - Iron Lance (40/40) | Iron Sword (40/40)

And thus...

Spoiler

Kane feels the glory of Virtuous! +10 Crit Rate!

Kane is affected by Lizaveta's Charisma! +10 Hit/Evasion!

Kane:

AT: 12 - 3 = 9

Hit: 110 + 10 - 12 = 108

Crit: 4 + 10 - 2 = 12

Rend Heaven: 14%

Archer B:

N/A

Kane attacks! Autohit! 7, crit! 28, no Rend Heaven.

Archer B takes 27 damage! Archer B is defeated!

...it's over.

VICTORY!

FINAL STATS

EXP: (58/100)

Kane (HP: 21/21) - Iron Knife (23/40) | Vulnerary x3

Justine (HP: 17/18) - Artemis' Song (30/30) | Vulnerary x3

Cecily (HP: 6/20) - Hatchet (34/40) | Vulnerary x3

------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the battle is finished, Kane gives a little stretch as he looms over the Archer's dead body, giving a nod.

bFZXdn5.png

"Well, that got a little bit out of hand, but I think we got through it just fine. Very good work, team."

Kane goes over to the nearby stopped wagon; the horses seem to have calmed down. Kane looks inside the wagon; it was spacious and looked like it could hold all of you, but most of the space was occupied by...

bFZXdn5.png

"Illegal goods... drugs mostly, by the look of it. Orchid, can you patch up Ficus and Dragon? The rest of you, keep an eye out and just hang tight; I'll handle the unloading so I can make this wagon a bit cozier for all of you."

Lizaveta found herself somewhat consumed by unsureness -- she'd just killed two people, after all, and the mixed-up feelings she had were visible in the way her face twisted just a little bit.

At least they'd been mostly carrying drugs, opiates and the like for the masses -- those never did any good for anyone. It helped to reassure her that they'd deserved it, but...

lizavetaneutral.png

"Hmmm. . ."

Though the chaos is over for the moment, Ferdiad doesn't immediately relax. He dismounts from Bradwr's back, giving the panting horse a bit of a break, but holds on loosely to his reins as he surveys the nearby area, doing a sweep of the trees and hills to make sure there aren't any remaining hostiles left to ambush them. Only when he's sure they're in the clear does he move back to the others, removing Bradwr's bridle and securing it to let him graze.

ferdiad_talking.png

"Need a hand?"

He approaches Kane with a small smile, beginning to assist with the unloading without waiting for an answer.

Whether Kane decided he had no comment for what Lenore said, or he was too busy unloading the wagon (the latter likely, as his head was halfway through the door, but you can never tell with Kane), he did not respond to Lenore. He did, however, respond to Ferdiad as he approached.

bFZXdn5.png

"Ah, thank you, Knight... just a little more, careful with those in specific... but then we should be good, I'll be able to excavate a pretty quick hole with one of my explosives and we can bury the lot."

Ferdiad nods to indicate he'd made note of the instructions, then set about unloading the wagon, taking care not to drop anything. If they were caught with these, the situation would be even stickier than it already was. 

It makes him think back to how he had come to be here in the first place...

ferdiad_talking.png

"Hehe, so different from everyone back home," he says, half to himself, half to Kane, with a tone of compliment. "I'm not sure I'll ever adjust."

bFZXdn5.png

"I'm sure you'll adjust just fine in time, Knight." Kane said with a nod. "And don't worry Mink; they're no louder than the noise we were already making, it'll be just a small charge to get the ground started and I'll get to digging."

Kane demonstrated this by setting the charge in the small forest; the trees provided a decent amount of cover to muffle the small explosive noise from within. After a brief period, Kane arrived from out of the woods, beginning to grab the cargo they unloaded. "You still don't mind helping, Knight?"

ferdiad_talking.png

"Of course not."

Grabbing another crate, he heads with Kane off towards the trees. "My sympathies for those poor sods," he says as they're walking. "They happened to be in a bad place at a bad time. They didn't deserve to die so that we could make off with their wagon."

A little pause from Kane as he briefly considers what Ferdiad said.

bFZXdn5.png

"...It's a difficult job, yes. Some of those people may have had homes to go back to... but I promise I wouldn't have had you all fight for the sake of easier transport. Diezel was someone who needed to be stopped; he was a wicked man, ruining people's lives by selling them these sorts of vile substances, all for the sake of a quick buck... I personally can't imagine everyone working for him was a saint. We have no real way to tell... but as long as we promise to dedicate what we do to bettering the world, and not do the dirty work we undertake for malicious gain, we can at least secure a better future for the world. But it's very admirable of you to keep a respectful heart for those who were not as cruel as Diezel that ended up in our crossfire, Knight."

eleanor-mug-eyes-closed-mouth-open.png
"I won't say I haven't got dirty hands either; my line of work isn't exactly without enemies. I'm a con artist, Phoenix, not a fighter, and this doesn't sit well with me; I've always preferred talking my way out of a problem than fighting my way out, and I've preferred swindling targets I know are bastards than killing people I don't know are. But....I guess I threw my lot in with you all, so,, I guess I'm with Knight here."

bFZXdn5.png

"I don't blame you for your concerns, Mink. I certainly understand that this whole thing isn't your style. If you any of you ever feel like it gets to be too much, you can hold back if you need be and only fight in self-defense; I formed this team for us all to better the world, but we won't be able to better anyone if we aren't better ourselves. Nobody will blame you, especially not me. As a leader, it is my job to make sure you're all okay with what it is we do. As a team."

Edited by RedMageCole

y4DkjRR.png

"At least it's over with now. Phoenix has a point; you had to know coming in that nothing about this was going to be clean. We can only hope that each one that falls under our blades means a hundred that are freed from the cruelties of tyranny." Her expression stayed thoughtful, but internally she'd distracted herself; there had to be a way to work this into a ballad, somehow. With each stroke of the blade / we freed a hundred slaves. . . no, that was more of a song of glory. . . She put that aside for the moment, moving towards the wagon.

iPVM2Mj.png

"Ah, I recognize some of this stuff. Do you have a plan for disposing of it? I, um, would not recommend burning it. Though it might be very entertaining to watch the aftermath. . ."

ferdiad_sadface_eyeclosed.png

Ferdiad shakes his head at Mink's words, pursing his lips. "I'm not sure I'm all right with... either. If people are committing crimes or acting wrongly, then it's in the realm of the law to punish them accordingly. Of course, I understand full well that it doesn't often turn out quite right, but somehow..."

He trails off, not yet willing to commit to a stance when he's not even sure where he's going with the thought. For better or worse, Kane interrupts his mulling.

ferdiad_frown_talking.png

"I could never do that," he says, looking at the other man, slightly taken aback. "Fall back, and refuse to protect my allies all because of my own uncertainties? I'd never forgive myself."

He doesn't pursue it further as Jus... — Justine? Is that her name? — joins them, left only to his thoughts. Is it so easy as recognizing that he had agreed to this and thinking no further on it? He certainly hopes so.

bFZXdn5.png

"...Honorable as ever, Knight. That's a great quality to have... don't lose it. But make sure to take care of yourself as well, okay? You've stuck with me since the beginning, and I want you to know I'm very grateful for that, and I want to do my best to make sure you stay safe as well."

Kane looks over at Justine with a nod.

bFZXdn5.png

"Well said, Minstrel... and yes, burning it would indeed cause some... very messy effects. Knight and I just finished disposing of the last of it; it's buried in the middle of those woods, only someone wanting to excavate an entire random forest in the middle of nowhere would locate it... speaking of which, hop on, everyone."

Kane throws open the entrance to the wagon, allowing you all inside. It's a bit... smelly in there due to the drugs, but you're able to sit in a clean wagon nonetheless; spacious enough to fit everyone and then some, with Kane sitting at the front. After getting the horses moving, he proceeds directly on the path deeper into Perus.

bFZXdn5.png

“Now then… I suppose you all deserve more of an explanation as to why we’re infiltrating the prison. I’m sure you might have been operating under the assumption that we’re just doing it to shut down a corrupt prison, but that’s not the whole story of why I chose this location. As you know, the prison has somewhat of a reputation.”

Kane’s face twitches a tiny bit, as if it wants to go into a grim, angry look, but he seems to steel himself.

tF7A5Da.png

“This prison has prisoners from the world over; Perus has a low crime rate… well, mostly because the criminals who deserve jail time have too much power or don’t get caught, and plenty of reputation compared to everyone else to warrant even the furthest kingdoms carting their unwanted prisoners there. It shouldn’t come as a surprise, but a lot of crimes that people get jailed for tend to be crimes they didn’t commit.  See, this is somewhat of a selfish reason… but I’m hoping that with this deed, we can not only shut down that awful prison, but also show some of those good people that were wronged that Virtuous truly wishes to help this world. Our members are few and recruitment is nigh impossible while we’re all among some of the most wanted criminals in the world. And unless we get a few more members… I wouldn’t feel comfortable moving onto the first phase of what may be our most ambitious adventure yet.”

Kane stops talking for a brief moment, as if to concentrate on the road. Up to a crossroads, he seems to pause, but then makes a left.

bFZXdn5.png

“There is the potential they may not join… and if so, that’s fine. The death toll in that prison is high especially for those who disobey the rules; why I’m certain we’ll only free innocents, and the satisfaction of knowing we freed some innocents will be enough. As we talked about before… Virtuous is not a ragtag band, we’re dedicated to a cause. If someone doesn’t want to join, that’s their choice, and I ask that none of you try too hard to insist that they join if they say no. But we won’t worry about that for now, I want you all to just sit back and enjoy the ride. I’ll take good care of you all even if sometimes the going gets tough. After all, we’re a team, right?”

Meanwhile…

The prison was just as dark and dismal as ever. The most occupying your time was listening to the conversations between the guards outside of your cell while laying in your uncomfortable bed, with memories of life before prison going through your heads.

“…and they say no one knows what exactly Virtuous is up to…”

“…they say the leader’s named Phoenix…”

“…you think they’d possibly come here…?”

You have almost no hope of getting out, regardless of whether you were thrown in prison recently or years ago. There were too many guards, no source of alliance or allowance of any communication between the prisoners, and perhaps most crucially of all, you didn't have a single weapon.

It seemed like you’ll learn that you are getting the death penalty for putting a single toe out of line, like it seemed to happen to many others before you… or maybe somehow, miraculously, you’ll be the first in this godforsaken prison to be free to go.

...A loud banging on the bars snaps you out of whatever stupor you may have, and it seems the prisoners around you stir as well. All of the doors open.

OPoejKj.png 

“Wake up, you imbeciles. I'm putting you all in the main hall; we're doing an inspection of your cells. One of the guards heard some sort of Fire spell backfiring and we're going to find out which one of you snuck a tome in like the rats you are. If you're not the unfortunate sod who thought they could slip past us, be grateful you're getting the extra time out of your cage."

You've heard the rumors of this man, but never actually got to see him in person; the warden, Ganymede. Supposedly responsible for the cries of a wyvern you would hear while you attempted to sleep or go about your business, but no one has ever seen proof of this... let alone the actual warden himself. You don't see him long; after his announcement, he takes his leave.

Being led out of your cages by a nearby guard, carrying a rather hefty-looking backpack who looks rather proud of himself for some reason, you all see each other, as well as two other people. A well-tanned, burly man that resembled a pirate, staying completely quiet, if not somewhat nervous, as he walked out of his cell...

ntqVJVs.png

"..."

...and another man, rather tall and extremely intimidating and covered in a rather elegant fur cloak, staying... not quite as quiet, but still somewhat quiet.

8iEEqWS.png

"Fucking waste of my time like the rest of this goddamn..."

...It doesn't take you long until the guard seals the seven of you in a small room. For the first time in your stay here in prison... you actually had human contact.

Tabitha, Reiko, Hinabe, Mim and Fey may post!