Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

Lenore sighs, a hint of disappointment in her voice. She whips out her knives, staying away from the frontlines, her eyes darting around her, looking for places to hide, vantage spots, enemies hidden around here.
eleanor-mug.png
"Well, it was worth a shot. You never know what you might get away with, Scarlet, I was there too and saw almost everything you did. Still, would have been nice to get through without some bloodshed for once. For what it's worth, Famine and Pestilence, this isn't personal."

XT3ACY9.png

Baldur kept silent the entire time, drawing in his pocket book once more as they road along in the cart. Once he got out he flipped the page drawing frantically as time wasn't on his side. They were rough sketchs but could be polished up later if nessessary,  "I don't think we'd want to make peace with this group, Mink. Uless you're okay with teaming up with folks who have committed regicide." The butler closed the book with one hand before stowing away.  "The late King Cyrus & King Tobias, both cases had three things in common. One, there was a main group of four who conducted the plot. Two, the leader had green hair. Three, the leader also killed via a poisoned arrow. Now, I'm not one for testing out if a weapon is poisoned or not but these nuisances fit all three criteria. Though, you can correct me if I'm wrong." His last comment was as smug as it was haughty. He slammed his staff on the ground before continuing,  "We all saw how Queen Stella was after their... 'incident', and I'm sure she'll be happy if they're put down as soon as possible. Or, at the very least, have some wanted posters hung up with a high bounty. Shame though, I'd rather not kill Pestilence or Famine. They at least seem like good enough folks." 

Death growled, and seemed about ready to fire an arrow right at Mim... but it seemed Lenore may have been onto something, because despite how genuine she was, surprisingly, Death seemed... a little more passive than before. As if somehow, Lenore's words did get to him somehow, as if they struck one little light inside of the all-consuming darkness. Famine made a small "ooooh" noise of interest as he peeked at Death's change of expression, War also looked rather curious about Death's expression and Pestilence seemed to be understandingly be walking up to Death, not even shaking anymore, with a little whisper of "brother..."

...Then Lizaveta started talking.

Then Baldur started talking.

At that point, Death was back to looking as furious as before. Famine slapped his hand against his face, War shook her head, and even Pestilence looked more upset with Baldur than anything else, instead of being her usually anxious self. Death cut Baldur short just as he was finishing up speaking with a very annoyed yell.

pGNJad7.png 

“Oh my fucking god, do ANY of you people know how to SHUT THE FUCK UP!? I should have just ended this conversation with you, little girl! It's a shame that your pitiful confidence won't save you in hell!"

If anyone had forgotten, despite Death's calming down, Death still had a fully drawn back arrow aimed at Mim.

"NO!"

Death merely only needed to let his fingers open, and the arrow hurtling towards Mim did all of the talking for him...

Spoiler

Mim is overwhelmed with nervousness... -30 Hit!

Mim has a potent mix! +2 Damage!

Mim is supported by Arthur! +2 Hit, +5 Evasion, +5 Crit, +5 Dodge!

Death has -15 Evasion!

Death has a murderous ego! +10 Crit!
Death has critical eyes! +5 Crit!

Death strikes at the vitals! -8 Damage, +40 Crit!
Death is supported by Pestilence! +2 Damage, +10 Evasion, +10 Crit, +10 Dodge!

Death: (???)
AT: 19 + 2 - 6 - 8 = 7
Hit: 116 - 5 - 35 = 76
Crit: 23 - 5 + 10 + 15 + 5 - 9 + 40 = 79

Adept: 24%

Mim: (Steel Greatbow)

AT: 16 + 2 - 6 = 12

Hit: 94 + 2 + 15 - 10 - 30 - 34 = 37

Crit: 5 + 5 - 8 - 10 = 0

Death attacks! 50, hit! 54, crit! 99, no Adept.

Arthur takes the blow!

Arthur is assassinated! Arthur takes 25 damage! Arthur is down!

Mim counterattacks! 45, miss!

Spoiler

As if he couldn't even believe it himself, Arthur collapses to the ground in shock with the arrow having pierced through his cloak. With his blood blending in with his coat, he teetered on the edge of death as his entire body uncontrollably spasmed, his mouth started to froth slightly and his skin began to turn cold. Pestilence looked sick, with War and Famine reacting with nothing but slight discomfort. Despite his teammates' discomfort, Death's expression was unwavering as he merely spat at the ground.

pGNJad7.png 

“Fucking idiot... thinking he'd live through that. I had these arrows custom made to wrack your body with my own specialized poisons. You'll be dead within the next couple minutes, and I'll get your little friend there too so you can know how utterly worthless your sacrifice was. Icons of Sin, move! Army, don't make me waste any more breath on these fools, kill them all!"

IP2MjJc.png

“Good luck! Don't die! I'm probably gonna have to try my best to make sure you do, but really, no hard feelings!"

AY691vh.png

“Don't waste your breath on them, Famine. Go get ready for battle."

As the army Death summoned started to descend from the trees or rushed to the field immediately in fear of what Death might do to them if they refused, the Icons of Sin moved off to the other side of the lake for cover. Arthur continued to spasm on the ground, showing no signs of getting better in the near future. Kane rushed over to him, kneeling down.

tfGgoct.png

"Crimson! You-"

pn4tAPO.png

"Don't... hrrkk... l-l... lecture... m-...m...me..."

tfGgoct.png

"I wasn't going to, not now anyways! You need help! Orchid! Rose! Snowbird! Tend to him immediately before the poison takes over! The rest of you, we're moving out! If Death wants to be so confident in his abilities, we'll give him a dosage of our own confidence! Nobody will die on my watch!"

TURN 1

Player Phase

Objective: Defeat the four Icons of Sin!

zZ421Gn.png

EXP: (61/100)

Stats

Spoiler

Players

Kane (HP: 22/22) - Iron Knife (E) (38/40) | Glue Pack (31/35) | Vulnerary x3 | Lockpick x5

Ferdiad (HP: 28/28) - Slim Lance (E) (39/40) | Iron Blade (39/40) | Steel Javelin (30/35) | Vulnerary x3

Shin (HP: 23/23) - Iron Longbow (E) (35/40) | Training Bow (37/40) | Vulnerary x3

Baldur (HP: 19/19) - Tenderizer (E) (32/40) | Heal (29/30) | Shove (27/30) | Vulnerary x1 | Vulnerary x3

Lizaveta (HP: 23/23) - Wind (E) (39/40) | Worm (32/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Thunder (40/40)
Justine (HP: 22/22) - Joyeuse (E) (40/40) | Artemis' Song (30/30) | Vulnerary x3

Cecily (HP: 26/26) - Hatchet (E) (37/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Hammer (35/35)

Lenore (HP: 21/21) - Iron Knife (E) (32/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Lockpick x6 | Silencer (30/30)

Tabitha (HP: 18/18) - Heal (24/30) | Vulnerary x3

Mim (HP: 21/21) - Steel Greatbow (E) (21/35) | Training Bow (40/40) | Vulnerary x3

Fey (HP: 26/26) - Hatchet (E) (32/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Hand Axe (40/40)

Reiko (HP: 27/27) - Steel Sword (E) (31/35) | Vulnerary x3

Lysander (HP: 23/23) - Wind (E) (31/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Blizzard (5/5) | Icicle Shower (35/35)

Arthur (Down: 3/3) (HP: 0/24) - Wind (E) (37/40) | Fire (36/40) | Vulnerary x3

Enemies

Mercenary A (HP: 25/25) - Steel Blade (E) (35/35)

Mercenary B (HP: 25/25) - Steel Blade (E) (35/35)

Mercenary C (HP: 25/25) - Steel Blade (E) (35/35)

Mercenary D (HP: 25/25) - Steel Blade (E) (35/35)

Hunter A (HP: 22/22) - Sacred Fire (E) (35/35) | Steel Greatbow (35/35)

Hunter B (HP: 22/22) - Sacred Fire (E) (35/35) | Steel Greatbow (35/35)

Hunter C (HP: 22/22) - Sacred Fire (E) (35/35) | Steel Greatbow (35/35)

Hunter D (HP: 22/22) - Sacred Fire (E) (35/35) | Steel Greatbow (35/35)

Fighter A (HP: 26/26) - Steel Axe (E) (35/35)

Fighter B (HP: 26/26) - Steel Axe (E) (35/35)

Fighter C (HP: 26/26) - Steel Axe (E) (35/35)

Fighter D (HP: 26/26) - Steel Axe (E) (35/35)

Tactician A (HP: 22/22) - Elfire (E) (35/35)

Tactician B (HP: 22/22) - Elfire (E) (35/35)

Shaman A (HP: 22/22) - Carrion (E) (35/35)

Shaman B (HP: 22/22) - Carrion (E) (35/35)

Scholar A (HP: 23/23) - Toxic (E) (35/35) | Elwind (35/35)

Scholar B (HP: 23/23) - Toxic (E) (35/35) | Elwind (35/35)

Scholar C (HP: 23/23) - Toxic (E) (35/35) | Elwind (35/35)

Scholar D (HP: 23/23) - Toxic (E) (35/35) | Elwind (35/35)

Scholar E (HP: 23/23) - Toxic (E) (35/35) | Elwind (35/35)

Scholar F (HP: 23/23) - Toxic (E) (35/35) | Elwind (35/35)

Pegasus Rider A (HP: 20/20) - Steel Javelin (E) (35/35)

Pegasus Rider B (HP: 20/20) - Steel Javelin (E) (35/35)

Sword Pegasus A (HP: 20/20) - Steel Sword (E) (35/35)

Sword Pegasus B (HP: 20/20) - Steel Sword (E) (35/35)

Wyvern Rider A (HP: 26/26) - Steel Halberd (E) (35/35) | Vulnerary x3

Wyvern Rider B (HP: 26/26) - Steel Halberd (E) (35/35) | Vulnerary x3

Pirate A (HP: 27/27) - Steel Hand (E) (35/35)

Pirate B (HP: 27/27) - Steel Hand (E) (35/35)

Ballistician A (HP: 23/23) - Iron Ballista (E) (5/5) | Steel Bow (35/35) | Venom Vial x3

Ballistician A (HP: 23/23) - Iron Ballista (E) (5/5) | Steel Bow (35/35) | Venom Vial x3

Icons of Sin

Famine (HP: 29/29) - Hel (E) (5/5) | Nosferatu (35/35) | Eclipse (35/35)

War (HP: 23/23) - Meteor (E) (5/5) | Elthunder (35/35) | Blazing Sun (35/35)

Pestilence (HP: 21/21) - Sacred Fire (E) (35/35) | Celestial Armor (35/35) | Tonic x5

Death (HP: 28/28) - Baalzebul (E) (--/--) | Ballista Bow (30/30) | Steel Crossbow (35/35) | Venom Vial x3

Simeon and Sid both peeked out of the wagon to assess the situation. Sid's expression turned pale, and Simeon's expression turned into something full of regret as he looked at Arthur.

uYXtWpi.png

"Shit… I remember that man. Ye'd better tend to Crimson immediately... I had that hooded man as a customer late one night, right before closing… he was one of the rare few who had a specific request; a silent yet tight-stringed longbow and a set of arrows that could be imbued with liquid and burst upon being embedded in the skin. Ye can tell by his eyes, that man’s a killer… I was skeptical, but he paid me well... and then he’d be able to replicate the craftsmanship I used for the arrows if he was that dedicated...”

A huge amount of guilt struck upon Simeon’s face as he started to retreat back into the wagon.

uYXtWpi.png

"I named that monstrous bow… Baalzebul. Be on yer guard… please. I'm... I'm sorry."

Sid's face didn't change much.

QlkHAcy.png

"Th... That was definitely the guy! The guy who wanted to kill King Tobias! Sc-Screw this! I'm outta here!"

Sid retreated, intending on bolting, before a small thud was heard.

"Ye're sittin' down with me... I need the company."

"...R-... Right."

LNPvo8P.png

"Goddammit CRIMSON! Oh, you are so dead once this battle is over, that was the most boneheaded move I've ever seen, how dare you do this..."

Her ranting continued as she moved, barely paying attention to the words she was saying as she knelt down next to him, pulling out various potions and applying them to the wound.

LNPvo8P.png

"You're not going to die here, because I'm going to make sure of it because I'm the only one that's allowed to kill you after that stupid idiotic move!"

J-16, vuln Crimson

XT3ACY9.png

Baldur watched in horror as Arthur was afflicted by the poison. The only thing people could see was half of his mouth agape occasionally, the other covered by his mask, as the butler was paralyzed in place. He didn't move and the only noise that came from his mouth was,  ".... a-.... a-a-a-h...."

Seeing the rest paralyzed by Arthur's wounds, Justine stepped forward, raising Joyeuse high. 

iPVM2Mj.png

"To arms, Virtuous! Our enemies have branded themselves as the darkness against which we fight. Let our light chase them back into the cracks where they belong!"

J18, Perform Mim and Arthur

After taking a second to take in what has just occurred to Arthur, Tabitha's eye's darted immediately to Baldur waiting to see if he'll make a move. She sighs and immediately jumps into action rushing past Baldur, placing her hand on his shoulder to shove him out of her way.

Tabitha to K17 and use HEAL on Arthur.

She kneels beside Arthur, nodding to Mim in agreement with everything she's said up until this point. 

2ikT3N2.png

"Look... I try not to make it a habit of healing people who make STUPID DECISIONS, but I'll make an exception just this once. But know that if you pull a stunt like that again I'll be there when Snowbird's done with  you to reanimate your corpse so she can do it again." 

Tabitha taps Crimson with her staff and then stands up, getting ready for the skirmish to follow.

iQHcl99.png
"....we didn't need to do it like this."
Lenore had figured, a while back, that Scarlet's heart would get her into trouble. The first time they'd worked together (wasn't that long ago), Lenore had figured Scarlet's heart was in the right place but she was going to do something stupid and she was hoping Phoenix or someone else would stop her. Her getting louder and more vocal about her opposition to the royalty wasn't helping; Lenore fully sympathised, but she knew better than to risk everything because of her own personal misgivings. The job was the job was the job; you did the job, you got out of there, and then you vented, because letting your emotions get ahead of you was tantamount to being caught or worse. Orchid being an idiot didn't help one bit either, and she had vitriol for him to spare. 

She knew she had Death's attention. For a single moment, she saw it, right in his eyes. Lenore had managed to strike a weak spot in his psyche. If she'd been given a little more time, a few more minutes, she might have gotten him to back down. Maybe not to work with them, but they could've avoided all this. Or maybe they couldn't have, and he was going to do this all along. But at least if Lenore had delayed him, they'd have had more time to get Mim out of the line of fire, to get Arthur out of the way, to formulate a plan, to make sure none of this had to happen. Lenore was already not a fan of violence, but unnecessary violence was something that infuriated both sides of her; the pragmatic thief hoping to escape without murdering anyone, the moral woman who sought to address an imbalance in the system.

Well, no time to hesitate now. It was time to fight. She could save what words she had for Scarlet and Orchid later. 

eleanor-mug.png
"Snowbird, Bargain, you two should try to get Famine and Pestilence or Horace or Lily or whatever their real names are out of the way. I can't say for sure, and don't risk yourselves if you don't have to, but I feel you could flip them; you two have a rapport. Pestilence doesn't seem like the type to keep fighting unless she has to, and the way they treat Famine, anyone would leave if they got a better, safer offer. No honor among thieves and all that. Just my insight. For all I know, there's something else I couldn't tell from speaking with them alone."
O19

Shin returns from feeding his horse, assuming a crisis averted

1xs7qUg.png
"Alright.. I fed Scoop-"

ezACjoP.png
"o..."

Cold sweat runs down his face, he immediately runs up to Baldur, who appeared to just be standing there.

1cMcSqN.png
"O-ORCHID! What happened?! Are you okay?"

Edited by Shauntaro

As Lizaveta watched Crimson take an arrow, she had the horrible realization that Death had actually seemed interested in what Lenore had been saying. Her eyes widened and she put a hand to her mask over her mouth, watching the struggle to save his life with a burning void of horror sinking into her emotions.

lizavetaneutral.png

"Crimson-- I-- I'm so sorry-- I didn't think that-- I didn't think he would listen-- I..."

She fell silent, looking down. She didn't really think that she could say anything that could help. She would just have to try and fight harder to make up for what she had now done, she supposed... she and Baldur, who was standing there, stuttering, unresponsive.

Lizaveta stepped forward... and slapped him full in the face, with a resounding smack, a clear red mark made on the cheek not covered by his mask.

lizavetaneutral.png

"Look, Orchid. If we did this... we need to fix it. You can't just stand around!"

And with that, she stalked off towards one of the copses of trees, into combat.

O16, toss a Wind at the Mercenary.

XT3ACY9.png

Thoughts kept racing through Baldur's mind. This was all his fault. He couldn't stop it. He can't fix it. There's nothing he could do. Useless just life before. That was when the slap from.. Lizaveta of all people brought him back to reality. He stayed silent for a few moments before responding,  "Uh.. R-right." The butler walked past anyone near him, ignoring them. He then goes over to Arthur and gently lifts him up from the ground and back on his feet with his staff.  "Sorry that I was useless..."  

Crimson move to F17, equip Fire

Baldur move to F18 and shove Crimson to F16

For Arthur, everything quickly started to feel like a blur, and he had a ridiculous headache as he lay there on the ground, slowly but surely succumbing to the poison. Mim's yelling was just a hazy thought in his mind that seemed to make his headache worse, and even once he was healed, he was still left with that splitting headache as he sat up, groaning and massaging his head, still sitting on the ground.

Arthur recovered 10 HP! Arthur is back up!

Arthur recovered 14 HP! Arthur is at full HP!

pn4tAPO.png

"Thanks..." He quietly responded to Mim and Tabitha. He looked like he wanted to say more, potentially something angry, but it was pretty clear he didn't have the strength and did almost just die. As for Lizaveta and Baldur, he could only respond with a "It's alright..." and barely even noticed when he was shoved.

Mim and Arthur move again!

Over on the east side, Lizaveta hurled a Wind spell at one of the Mercenaries, starting the first blow.

Spoiler

Lizaveta brings the vanguard party! +15 Evasion!

Lizaveta: (Wind)

AT: 13 - 1 - 2 = 10

Hit: 115 - 15 - 19 = 81

Crit: 6 - 3 = 3

Mercenary B:

N/A

Lizaveta attacks! 55, hit! 83, no crit.

Mercenary B takes 10 damage! Mercenary B has been assessed!

tfGgoct.png

"Be careful about splitting up! These enemies are much more formidable than our previous foes; we're going to need all the strength we can get with numbers!"

EXP: (69/100)

Stats

Spoiler

Players

Kane (HP: 22/22) - Iron Knife (E) (38/40) | Glue Pack (31/35) | Vulnerary x3 | Lockpick x5

Ferdiad (HP: 28/28) - Slim Lance (E) (39/40) | Iron Blade (39/40) | Steel Javelin (30/35) | Vulnerary x3

Shin (HP: 23/23) - Iron Longbow (E) (35/40) | Training Bow (37/40) | Vulnerary x3

Baldur (HP: 19/19) - Tenderizer (E) (32/40) | Heal (29/30) | Shove (26/30) | Vulnerary x1 | Vulnerary x3

Lizaveta (HP: 23/23) - Wind (E) (38/40) | Worm (32/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Thunder (40/40)
Justine (HP: 22/22) - Joyeuse (E) (40/40) | Artemis' Song (30/30) | Vulnerary x3

Lenore (HP: 21/21) - Iron Knife (E) (32/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Lockpick x6 | Silencer (30/30)

Tabitha (HP: 18/18) - Heal (23/30) | Vulnerary x3

Mim (HP: 21/21) - Steel Greatbow (E) (21/35) | Training Bow (40/40) | Vulnerary x2

Lysander (HP: 23/23) - Wind (E) (31/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Blizzard (5/5) | Icicle Shower (35/35)

Arthur (HP: 24/24) - Fire (E) (36/40) | Wind (37/40) | Vulnerary x3

Enemies

Mercenary A (HP: 25/25) - Steel Blade (E) (35/35)

Mercenary B (HP: 15/25) - Steel Blade (E) (35/35)

Hunter B (HP: 22/22) - Sacred Fire (E) (35/35) | Steel Greatbow (35/35)

Tactician A (HP: 22/22) - Elfire (E) (35/35)

Shaman A (HP: 22/22) - Carrion (E) (35/35)

Icons of Sin

Famine (HP: 29/29) - Hel (E) (5/5) | Nosferatu (35/35) | Eclipse (35/35)

War (HP: 23/23) - Meteor (E) (5/5) | Elthunder (35/35) | Blazing Sun (35/35)

Pestilence (HP: 21/21) - Sacred Fire (E) (35/35) | Celestial Armor (35/35) | Tonic x5

Death (HP: 28/28) - Baalzebul (E) (--/--) | Ballista Bow (30/30) | Steel Crossbow (35/35) | Venom Vial x3

Death, hm...? ....To be honest, she'd been spacing out for most of this encounter, thoughts of what she was going to do to the king once she got her hands on him running through her head. But whatever she missed, it seems like he's going to stand in their way for the moment--more than that, he seems to be intent on killing them all. And, well....that's not really going to do for right now. She glances back to make sure that Arthur's being taken care of before striding forward; if they really want to fight her, then it's their decision to die on her blade.

6sNJptE.png

"Phoenix." Reaching up to his perch, she helps their leader down and shuffles him a little further on the battlefield. "Seems there's some wetwork to do. Any of those Icons, or whatever they're called that you want....'dibs' on?"

Move to O17, Rescue Kane and plop him onto P17.

Kane to N16, make Liz equip Worm
Shin to N17, equip Training Bow and rescue Kane

Lysander sets an Arcane Barrier! +1 DR!

Enemy Phase

Hunter B moves to P15

Mercenary B moves to P16

Shaman A moves to Q16

Fighter B moves to N16

War moves to O8

Mercenary A moves to E16

Hunter A moves to C15

Tactician A moves to E15

The Hunter on the right side begins the onslaught, attacking Lizaveta with a blast of light... and missing.

Spoiler

Hunter B flushes out the quarry! +7 Hit, +1 DMG!

Lizaveta struggles together with her allies! +15 Hit!

Lizaveta is supported by Shin! +7 Hit, +2 Evasion, +5 Crit/Dodge!

Hunter B: (Sacred Fire)

AT: 13 + 1 + 1 - 6 = 9

Hit: 104 + 7 - 15 - 2 - 21 = 73

Crit: 6 - 5 - 3 = 0

Lizaveta: (Worm)

AT: 16 - 1 - 1 - 6 = 8

Hit: 105 - 15 - 15 + 15 + 7 - 22 = 75

Crit: 12 + 5 - 6 = 11

Hunter B attacks! 92, miss!

Lizaveta counterattacks! 16, hit! 15, no crit.

Hunter B takes 8 damage!

The Mercenary attempts to make up for his ally's blunder and attack Lizaveta. He's a little more successful, putting a dent in her.

Spoiler

Mercenary B:

AT: 19 - 4 = 15

Hit: 87 - 21 - 2 - 15 = 49

Crit: 4 - 5 = 0

AT: 16 - 1 - 2 = 13

Hit: 105 + 15 + 7 - 15 - 19 = 93

Crit: 12 + 5 - 3 = 14

Mercenary B attacks! 5, hit!

Lizaveta takes 15 damage!

Lizaveta counterattacks! 91, hit! 36, no crit.

Mercenary B takes 13 damage!

The Shaman moves to attempt to finish Lizaveta off... and his dark magic brings Lizaveta to her knees.

Spoiler

Shaman A: 

AT: 19 - 6 = 13

Hit: 85 - 21 - 15 - 2 = 47

Crit: 4 - 3 - 5 = 0

AT: 16 - 1 - 9 = 6

Hit: 105 + 15 + 7 - 15 - 16 = 96

Crit: 12 + 5 - 4 = 13

Shaman A attacks! 20, hit!

Lizaveta takes 13 damage! Lizaveta is down!

Shaman A's Anthropomancy takes effect! +10 Evade/Dodge, +3 DR, +3 CON!

With Lizaveta out of the way, the Fighter moves past to attack the vulnerable Shin. Shin is able to swiftly dodge.

Spoiler

Shin has beggar's craftiness! +2 AS!

Shin is an escapist! +15 Evasion!

Shin is supported by Lizaveta! +7 Hit, +2 Evasion, +5 Crit/Dodge!

Fighter B:

AT: 22 - 3 = 19

Hit: 86 - 24 - 2 - 15 = 45

Crit: 3 - 2 - 5 = 0

Shin:

N/A

Fighter B attacks! 54, miss!

Unfortunately, Shin didn't have long to celebrate. A flaming aura appeared from afar, brightening even the day sky, threatening to burn the trees around it...

AY691vh.png

“Let flame be your beginning, and let flame be your end... Succumb to the will of fiery heaven! Meteor!"

The theatrics were more than theatrics; within moments, a blazing boulder had appeared above War, and came hurtling down at Shin! Even the escapist is unable to escape as he's quickly engulfed in flaming fury.

Spoiler

Shin has beggar's craftiness! +2 AS!

Shin is an escapist! +15 Evasion!

Shin is supported by Lizaveta! +7 Hit, +2 Evasion, +5 Crit/Dodge!

War: (Meteor)

AT: 19 - 6 = 13

Hit: 89 - 15 - 2 - 24 = 48

Crit: 5 - 5 = 0

Shin:

N/A

War attacks! 14, hit!

Shin takes 13 damage!

In unison, another aura similar to War's blazing aura appeared, but it was more of a darkening aura, blending with the shadows of the trees, this time surrounded by Famine.

IP2MjJc.png

“Don't take it personally! Just my job!... Uh... Darkness and dark stuff! I'm not as good at this as War is! Hel!"

A blackened moon appeared above Arthur, threatening to engulf him with its darkened energy... only to have the moon suddenly move out of the way.

Spoiler

Famine thinks he's doing well! +15 Hit!

Arthur is supported by Baldur! +2 Hit, +5 Evasion, +5 Crit/Dodge!

Famine: (Hel)

AT: N/A

Hit: 77 + 15 - 15 + 15 - 5 = 87

Crit: N/A

Arthur: (Fire)

N/A

Famine attacks! 100, miss!

IP2MjJc.png

“Oops! Slipped! Oh well, I'll get 'em next time! Don't worry so much! Death, I see you glaring at me! It was a total accident, promise! Don't worry so much, I'll get 'em next time!"

Left with no other choice, the Mercenary goes in with no damage advantage thanks to Famine. He lands a hit, but gets retaliated against.

Spoiler

Arthur has determined rage! +10 Crit!

Mercenary A:

AT: 19 - 8 - 1 = 10

Hit: 87 - 22 - 5 - 15 = 45

Crit: 4 - 8 = 0

AT: 15 - 2 = 13

Hit: 106 + 2 - 19 = 89

Crit: 5 - 3 + 10 + 5 = 17

Mercenary A attacks! 21, hit!

Arthur takes 10 damage!

Arthur counterattacks! 20, hit! 18, no crit.

Mercenary A takes 13 damage!

The Tactician joins the Mercenary, hurling a fireball at Arthur.

Spoiler

Tactician A:

AT: 16 - 9 - 1 = 6

Hit: 96 - 22 - 15 - 5 = 54

AT: 15 - 5 = 10

Hit: 106 + 2 - 25 = 83

Crit: 5 + 10 + 5 - 7 = 13

Tactician A attacks! 53, hit!

Arthur takes 6 damage!

Arthur counterattacks! 52, hit! 82, no crit.

Tactician A takes 10 damage!

The Fighter hurries over and attempts to finish off Arthur... putting him back where he started; on the ground, bleeding.

Spoiler

Fighter A clears a bath! Arthur's Forest benefits are negated!

Fighter A:

AT: 22 - 8 = 14

Hit: 86 - 5 - 22 = 59

Crit: 3 - 5 = 0

AT: 15 - 1 = 14

Hit: 106 + 2 - 16 = 92

Crit: 5 + 10 + 5 - 4 = 16

Fighter A attacks! 49, hit!

Arthur takes 14 damage! Arthur is down!

TURN 2

Player Phase

MhGzvXl.png

EXP: (80/100)

Stats

Spoiler

Players

Shin (HP: 10/23) - Training Bow (E) (37/40) | Iron Longbow (35/40) | Vulnerary x3

Baldur (HP: 19/19) - Tenderizer (E) (32/40) | Heal (29/30) | Shove (26/30) | Vulnerary x1 | Vulnerary x3

Lizaveta (Down: 3/3) (HP: 0/23) - Worm (E) (30/40) | Wind (38/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Thunder (40/40)

Mim (HP: 21/21) - Steel Greatbow (E) (21/35) | Training Bow (40/40) | Vulnerary x2

Lysander (HP: 23/23) - Icicle Shower (E) (35/35) | Wind (30/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Blizzard (5/5) (Arcane Barrier: Wind)

Arthur (Down: 3/3) (HP: 0/24) - Fire (E) (34/40) | Wind (37/40) | Vulnerary x3

Enemies

Mercenary A (HP: 12/25) - Steel Blade (E) (35/35)

Mercenary B (HP: 2/25) - Steel Blade (E) (34/35)

Hunter B (HP: 14/22) - Sacred Fire (E) (35/35) | Steel Greatbow (35/35)

Tactician A (HP: 12/22) - Elfire (E) (34/35)

Shaman A (HP: 22/22) - Carrion (E) (34/35) (Anthropomancy: 3/3)

Icons of Sin

Famine (HP: 29/29) - Hel (E) (4/5) | Nosferatu (35/35) | Eclipse (35/35)

War (HP: 23/23) - Meteor (E) (4/5) | Elthunder (35/35) | Blazing Sun (35/35)

Lysander and the Tactician have an amazing time showing off their flashy lightshow... but don't really get much done otherwise.

Spoiler

Lysander shows how it's done! +5% Adept chance!

Lysander has a thief's step! +15 Evasion!

Lysander has an arcane barrier! +1 DR!

Lysander: (Icicle Shower)

AT: 15 - 5 = 10

Hit: 118 - 25 = 93

Crit: 6 - 7 = 0

Adept: 18 + 5 = 23%

Tactician A: 

AT: 16 - 1 - 5 = 10

Hit: 96 - 15 - 23 = 58

Lysander attacks! 95, miss! 6, Adept!

Lysander attacks again! 95, miss!

Tactician counterattacks! 70, miss!

EXP: (81/100)

Stats

Spoiler

Players

Shin (HP: 10/23) - Training Bow (E) (37/40) | Iron Longbow (35/40) | Vulnerary x3

Lizaveta (Down: 3/3) (HP: 0/23) - Worm (E) (30/40) | Wind (38/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Thunder (40/40)

Lysander (HP: 23/23) - Icicle Shower (E) (35/35) | Wind (30/40) | Vulnerary x3 | Blizzard (5/5) (Arcane Barrier: Wind)

Arthur (Down: 3/3) (HP: 0/24) - Fire (E) (34/40) | Wind (37/40) | Vulnerary x3

Enemies

Icons of Sin

tfGgoct.png

"The offer is appreciated, Thistle. But as long as the job is done, I'm fine."

Baldur is a perfectionist! +5 HP Recovery!

Arthur is back up! Arthur recovers 10 HP!

Arthur mumbles a quiet "thanks" as he gets back up.

Mim opens fire on the Fighter, swiftly ending him.

Spoiler

Mim is too fluffy... -15 Hit on follow up!

Mim has a potent mix! +2 Damage!

Mim is supported by Arthur! +2 Hit, +5 Evasion/Crit/Dodge!

Mim: (Steel Greatbow)

AT: 16 + 2 - 5 = 13

Hit: 94 + 2 - 16 = 80 (65)

Crit: 5 + 5 - 4 = 6

Fighter A:

N/A

Mim attacks! 15, hit! 39, no crit.

Fighter A takes 13 damage!

Mim follows up! 64, hit! 20, no crit.

Fighter A takes 13 damage! Fighter A is defeated!

EXP: (86/100)

Stats

Spoiler

Players

Baldur (HP: 19/19) - Tenderizer (E) (32/40) | Heal (28/30) | Shove (26/30) | Vulnerary x1 | Vulnerary x3

Mim (HP: 21/21) - Steel Greatbow (E) (19/35) | Training Bow (40/40) | Vulnerary x2

Arthur (HP: 10/24) - Fire (E) (34/40) | Wind (37/40) | Vulnerary x3

Enemies

Fighter A (HP: Twanged/26) - Steel Axe (E) (35/35)

Icons of Sin

Cecily was keenly aware of the bows trained on the single aerial unit - but she had a good sense of how far those things could shoot. She was sure she could keep out of the danger zone - and moreover, that she could safely get to axe range. 

Cecily to O-15, axe the hunter, canto to M-16