Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

Mim wandered back to her new room after dinner had finished. It seemed like Liz had ended up back there before her, so she smiled at the girl as she took a look over her new space.

"Hey! How are you doing? That was a nice dinner, do you guys always eat together like that? It seems like you're more like a family than anything, which is nice to see."

Simeon gives a pretty quick nod.

6VkJWZ0.png

"Of course it's possible, knives and daggers are just about the easiest thing in the world for ye to use. Now... would ye like a knife or a dagger, in that case? Any specifications? Don't be shy; I got a pretty fancy order from that young lass Justine, so no request is too small with the right price."

0yKxz4K.png

"Well actually, I know how to use my staff to move things around. So what if I could use it on my weapon as well? Maybe add a knife attachment of some kind to it so I could launch and move it around or maybe even spin it in place on the staff itself. T-hough, if that's not possible I understand... a regular knife will suffice." He scratched the back of a bit embarrassed.

Simeon blinks a few times in slight disbelief. Then just starts laughing the laugh of a sailor who's had one too many drinks.

6VkJWZ0.png

"Ah, Virtuous, ye truly are the greatest adventure an ol' blacksmith could ever ask for! After years of just 'gimme a knife', 'gimme a sword', ye're all givin' me ways to challenge meself! Ye want yer knife attached to the staff so propulsion can guide yer way? Ye got it! I'll make sure I get it right for sure, mark me words!"

qxjEVEp.png

Baldur starred in shame of what he just said. He was ready to get laughed at. What he was not expecting was that he was... happy and excited to take that order? I suppose it all works out then.

0yKxz4K.png

"I-I see. Well, I'm glad my ideas are not only feasible but you're also excited to make it. Honestly, I was expecting you to laugh at my ideas but this is a pleasant surprise. I look forward to seeing what you can come up with. Oh, would you need my staff to help you work on the weapon? I could go get it for you if you need it."

Mim didn’t say anything about her room, and that was nice. Plus she wanted to talk about something Liza was quite frankly very happy about, so that worked for her~

lizavetasmile.png

Well, I admittedly haven’t been here anywhere as long as some of the others, but as far as I’ve seen, yeah! I really appreciate it honestly. Kane really likes to have everybody eating together, and I think it’s Ferdiad who does the cooking — and he’s reslly good at it! So it’s a pretty nice thing.

H44bLUp.png

"Good! I'll be honest, I'm sort of glad that I got to room with you, especially because you are newer here. It's a little intimidating to think about all of these people who know each other... It also helps that I have a bunch of other people joining with me! Especially Fey! She's great, and I'm glad she stayed with me. Though... my father may have killed her if she had abandoned me so..."

0yKxz4K.png

"Not only able to fix weapons but magical items as well? Is there anything you can't fix?" Baldur let out a light chuckle,  "I'll go get my staff then. I'll be back in a second." As his way to his room, Baldur stopped by the couches, specifically the one Crimson was trying to rest on.

q71dumG.png

"There are better places to sleep than on this couch you know. My offer still stands if you want to room with me. A nice cushy bed comes included free of charge if you change your mind." The butler spoke to the red head in a slightly teasing tone.

Gv4Sw9z.png

"...Father used to have me practice it as a method of anger management. I figured I might as well keep trying at it." She's quiet for a few seconds before, if not changing the subject, then at least moving it somewhere adjacent.

HlmU8O6.png

"You don't meditate yourself, do you?"

Edited by Blasbo

Simeon thinks for a moment.

6VkJWZ0.png

"Probably nothing legendary or beyond reparations. If nothin' else, I can always just make something new. But ye, go get yer staff..."

Arthur was nearby his couch, still trying to settle in on it. He seems to have found a position he's trying, just laying there with his eyes awake... before turning to Baldur. He looks a bit cozy, though it seems just a tad forced.

4qpGzaG.png

"...I really do appreciate it, but I must still pass. I... have a bit of a thing about sharing a bedroom with someone... behind closed doors." The tone in Arthur's voice suggested there were a couple more reasons he was unwilling to disclose, but was otherwise truthful. "...But I do really appreciate the offer, thank you. I may take you up on it in the near future, but for now I'll try to stay out of the way."

0yKxz4K.png

"I... See... Well I can at least offer you better sheets and a better pillow. I... consider you... as some level of friend so I don't want to see you sleeping in such conditions. Would you at least accept that?" Baldur was slightly disappointed in his answer but he isn't going to poke anymore at him than he already has.

Arthur paused and looked down at himself. He did look slightly touched.

4qpGzaG.png

"I... would appreciate that and can accept that, thank you."

A quiet pause. Arthur half whispers to himself afterwards.

"You're all a strange bunch... me, being able to be considered a friend...?"

UnlONXB.png

"Very well, I will ask that you get up for just a brief second." Baldur bows and heads to his room in a flash. In no time at all he's back with fancy sheets, a blanket, two pillows and his old staff. Assuming Crimson had gotten up by that point he had fixed the couch cushions draped the couch with the sheets then tucked them in tightly. He flooffed the pillows and placed them where Crimson laid his head before. Finally, he tucked in the blanket on the other side of the couch so they wouldn't fall off the couch during the night.  "There, that should be sufficient. Oh, and is it really that strange to consider you more than an acquaintance after today? If you require anything else don't be afraid to ask, alright?"

Nodding in response, Arthur got up and off of the couch, giving a little stretch as he waits for Baldur. He quietly and patiently watches him set up the bed, and Arthur did feel a sense of... gratefulness toward him for going out of his way to do this. But at the same time... he did hope it was out of friendship and not just because of his status. Was this what friends did?... He wouldn't know.

4qpGzaG.png

"I suppose that's true... but yes, thank you very much. I really appreciate all of this... but please don't go too out of your way to assist me if it becomes an inconvenience."

q71dumG.png

"Oh no, trust me. If you were ever an inconvenience to me you'd know right away." Images of Lizaveta and Shin go through his mind,  "You just try to have a good rest and I promise to keep my room open for you should you ever change your mind." With that he bows out returning to Simeon with his more than slightly used staff.

0yKxz4K.png

"Well Simeon, I've brought the 'ol staff. Say would you be interested in some better sheets and pillows for you couch? I should have more set to spare if you're interested." He's gonna need to get more replacements at this rate.

4qpGzaG.png

"...Thank you."

Arthur gave a little nod, before now trying to get comfortable in the sheets on the couch. He found it significantly easier this time as he stared up at the ceiling.

---

Simeon examined the staff, giving a few nods.

6VkJWZ0.png

"This'll be an easy fix... ah, and you'd be willin' to offer? Sure, I don't see why not. Make Kane's job a lil' easier and all."

Justine, all things considered, should probably have been preparing for bed. She's passed the time writing, and promptly crumpling up, a number of lyrics and accompanying music. It would be reasonable to turn in for an early night to try and relax after the stress of the day. Justine was also never really known for taking the reasonable option, and with a particularly vehement impact of a ball of parchment against the wall of her room, she stood up, the legs of the chair scraping across the floor. She kept finding her thoughts drifting back to one thing, and she was going to deal with it one way or another. 

Following the sounds of conversation lead the performer to her target without too much issue. She gave little warning before beginning to speak; the woman had always been light on her feet, and her frustration only made her move faster, rather than stomping about.

y4DkjRR.png

"Baldur. I'll say it plainly. I expect an apology from you." 

jBxXfAt.png

Baldur turned and looked towards the performer with annoyance plastered on his face. He crossed his arms and tilted his head, "An apology? An apology for what exactly? I don't remember you being on the receiving end of my fist."

y4DkjRR.png

"You are many things, Baldur, but as far as I can tell you are not soft in the head. You know why I'm upset; I would advise you to not play word games with a lyricist." Her tight-lipped expression didn't change as she spoke, save for a glance at the others in the room.

jBxXfAt.png

"I mean what I said. I've done nothing to you that I deem worthy of apology. So what exactly do you want me to feel sorry for? Out with it." His response was unflinching and sharp keeping direct eye contact with Justine. Honestly, he wished she'd just come out and say what was on her mind.

y4DkjRR.png

"Nothing you deem worthy. . !" Her expression was rather less than stable with Baldur's response, twisting with anger. Still, she took a breath, and calmed down enough to speak for a moment more. 

y4DkjRR.png

"I have never treated you as anything but a comrade in arms, and your idea of reciprocation was treating me like a whore, and by the looks you've given me a particularly disease-ridden one. After I've come all this way, through trials and perils, in order to leave it behind, you throw that word into my face once again. I. Demand. An. Apology."

jBxXfAt.png

"Oh... That. Yea, I'd rather not give a fake apology." Baldur gripped the bridge of his nose. He forgot he said that. He let his emotions get the best of him there and he probably could've worded it better too,  "Look, I don't think you're actually a whore nor would I want you to be. I just think you could tone it down with your... "sexual jokes". Not only are they getting old but they are also crude. For me personally, I despise even hearing them. A member of Virtuous should not degrade themselves to such levels. You should have more self respect and figure out a better form of comedy or ways of speaking. That's all I have to say."

y4DkjRR.png

"You're one to talk about self-respect. Tell me, what kind of self-respecting man constantly seeks for ways to put others down, and responds with sudden physical violence against their friends when someone tells them to stop? Lizaveta was absolutely right about you." She shook her head.

y4DkjRR.png

"And you've no right to tell me how I should conduct myself. Especially now that you've shown how little your opinion is really worth. It really shows the quality of your character that you would try to use some ridiculous sense of shame to browbeat your supposed friends with. Not that I would call myself such, not in regards to you." 

jBxXfAt.png

"Seeking to put others down? PAH! All I'm doing is telling the truth. Shin was and still is a degenerate. You offer to help him but he declines it and currently is not taking any steps to better himself. Have you seen the way he carries himself? Disgusting clothes where he wipes his dirty hands all over because he's too lazy to get a handkerchief or ever a napkin. I've offered to help him myself even yet still he declines. If a man who lives like him refuses to get help and doesn't help himself, I'm sorry but he is most certainly a degenerate. Then Liz comes and starts yelling at me like I'm calling him that because of his social status? Please, then she has the nerve to say I take everything in my life for granted!?" Baldur stopped his angered ranting for a moment. Clenching his fist, a small tear runs down his face,  "I have NEVER taken ANYTHING that I've been gifted for granted! When she said that I lost control of myself... I regret laying a hand on her but nothing else! She's a bitch who sees only what she wants to see, just like you. You say I constantly seek to put others down, well I say you need to open your god damned eyes to the world around you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have another bed to make without your bitch ass getting in the way!"