Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

Arthur nodded, heading to the door.

GKhD2Bp.png

"...Thank you. Though I disagree; one day you'll learn from someone who knows their stuff about chess."

Upon leaving, he looked to Mim, his expression a lot more relaxed. He nods to her a little bit, then thinks.

After a little bit of thinking, he lifts his coat up over his head, holding it in two arms.

4qpGzaG.png

"...I'd like to take a walk around the house. I'd like to find a place to hang my coat, too... it's hot in Ceda and my coat isn't good when it's not cold or up against enemy attacks... I hope Lizaveta will be a good roommate to you as well. But I wouldn't mind taking a look around for a while."

9Lt7IrL.png

"Oh, yeah... That makes sense. I should probably get some other clothes at some point, but this jacket is just so comfy... Oh, you could probably leave that in Liz and my room, if you wanted. I mean, if there's nowhere else to keep it..."

What was she doing? He was a prince! She wouldn't be able to have the same casual relationship with him anymore. That just wouldn't do... Even if he was rebelling against his father now, he was still going to go home at some point, right? And so he'd be king some day. She had to remember that.

9Lt7IrL.png

"O-of course, if you have a better idea, I'm sure that would work better. It was just a suggestion."

Arthur raised an eyebrow, pondering for a second before giving a little nod.

4qpGzaG.png

"I understand; my coat is comfortable too, but there's only so many layers I can wear before it gets too hot... would you be okay with storing it in your room? I trust you with it; I've already talked about it and how it's... rather pricey. At the moment, despite my... status, it's... presently the most expensive thing I own."

Arthur nervously scratches the back of his neck after that little tidbit.

Eventually, dinner was finished and everyone was called together to eat a rather delicious stew; if anything, it was certainly better than the prison food, but it was still very well made and delicious. Throughout dinner, Arthur quietly flashed looks to Mim and Baldur, saying nothing yet looking ever so slightly nervous. Afterwards, making sure everyone had plenty to eat, Kane gave a little stretch and a yawn.

yd3ljbu.png

"Well, we still have a little bit before we should all call bedtime, we have no plans for tomorrow other than getting everyone settled in and potentially doing some errands, so you can all stay up a little later, but I'll still be calling bedtime in an hour or so. I'll bring out some bedding from downstairs so you can all move into your new rooms, and I'll try to get some blankets and pillows too; you might have to live a little bare with them, but thankfully it's pretty warm out tonight. I'll try to get something better for you all tonight, though. You're all excused."

Simeon groaned as he got out of his chair.

6VkJWZ0.png

"Feel free to leave yer weapons by the couch, I'll fix 'em up free of charge. I'll be workin' tonight so ye all can get some new stuff; if ye got anything, just gimme a holler sometime before ye go to sleep."

Arthur simply got up and started heading over to his own couch, starting to sit and try to make himself comfortable, though he looked like he was having a bit of difficulty.

Dinner had been a success, and nothing warmed him more than seeing the space around the table expanded beyond what it had been. First, just himself and Kane had sat there in the evenings. Then, one by one, that had grown to three, four... now, it feels almost rowdy. A smile comes to his face, and he moves around to collect others' bowls and spoons, gently refusing assistance to bring them all into the kitchen when offered.

Once everything is cleaned, he returns to his now former room and moves all of his belongings into Kane's space. It takes the better part of the remaining hour; even though his belongings are sparse, he couldn't leave even a single corner untidy for its next occupant.

Finally, around the time Kane officially calls for lights out, Ferdiad is settled into the room he'll also be calling his for the forseeable future. In a way, this is more like what he's used to; in the military, there had hardly been a day when he had had a room to himself, and he had missed the company. 

ferdiad_casual_neutral.png

Even though everyone is settled and quiet has descended on Virtuous' humble home, the light is still on in their room as Ferdiad sits on the ground, his armor arrayed across his lap and the floor immediately around him. He's quiet as he works to polish out the scratches, reverse any dents, looking content.

The surge of emotion he felt had completely choked him up. Shin couldn't do anything but just look at her, trying his best to stop himself from completely losing his grip on himself.
A few moments later his gaze moved towards the ground, as he weakly let out whatever words of appreciation he could. 

"...I-I.."

"..thank.. you.."

Shin couldn't do anything else from then on. But in his heart he finally started to realize that people did care about him, with Liza and Justine's words replaying at the back in his head. After dinner, he silently went back into his room hoping that he could fall asleep, to get a fresh start tomorrow.

Edited by Shauntaro

YcBrPvT.png

Before dinner, the butler decided he needed a change of clothes. He couldn't help be feel dirty in the other set. Baldur kept an eye on Crimson, he couldn't help but feel a bit guilty for his nervousness. He watched as he made his way to the couch and failed to find comfort. He has to do something, but first he has a bit of business of his own to take care of. Walking over to their leader he approached from the side and tapped him on the shoulder.

qxjEVEp.png

"Hey Kane, can we talk first thing tomorrow morning? I'm sure you can guess what it's about."

Dinner was...hm. She has things she prefers more, but at the end of the day it's being provided for her and it's a lot better than the food they'd been given in prison. So, she is thankful for it. That being said, she doesn't really...talk all that much during it.

Afterwards, though, she approaches the person that, as it's shaken out, seems to be the person she's going to be bunking with. Lenore, if she remembers correctly. If they're going to be sleeping together (that is, in the same room), she figures she may want to discuss it or something.

z4Nzu3g.png

"So...Lenore, right? It seems like we're going to be sharing a room. ...Do you have any ground rules?"

Lenore looks at the new girl; Reiko, she figured. One of the recruits from the prison break. She seemed....a little volatile, but a little was nothing in comparison to straight-up punching each other in the face, something that still grated at Lenore. 

eleanor-mug.png 

"You must be....Reiko, then. A pleasure to meet you properly. Well.....I've got a few ground rules. Keep to your side of the room unless you ask permission to come over my side, don't root through my stuff, take it or borrow it without my permission, and if you by any chance recognise anything I have in my possession, don't ask any questions as to how I got it. The answer will either be 'you don't want to know' or 'you really don't want to know'."

All of these ground rules point towards this Lenore being someone who's...standoffish, a little guarded, maybe. But that's fine--or, at the least, she has absolutely no right to complain about it. It's not like she's been trying to be the warmest person possible so far herself anyways.

HlmU8O6.png

"...Fine, so long as 'your side' doesn't block the door. I don't really have anything left to recognize in your stuff, anyways..."

So long as they were telling the truth about not knowing anything about her goals, anyways--if it turns out they were lying then she'd better have a good-ass explanation.

2ikT3N2.png

After being rather reserved at dinner due to all of the excitement during the day Tabitha decided to do a quick survey of her new dwellings. After she made had drawn a mental map for herself she decided the best course of action would be to lay down and attempt to get some shuteye. While Kane said that they'd have an hour or before lights out, she figured in this state she'd most likely end up getting stuck in small talk or have people pry into her past. 

"What am I doing..." 

Suddenly she had a thought about the woman she ran into earlier Fey and she felt something in her chest. This feeling was something familiar, yet somehow foreign to Tabitha, it felt as if she'd had this feeling before but locked it away for some reason or another. Despite that she quickly clenched her fist and decided she was going to go look for Fey and attempt to get to know her bunkmate a little bit better.

She was determined to make a friend tonight and nobody was going to stop her. 

After having a meal that was solidly alright, Fey decided to check out her own room for a bit. At the very least, she wanted to see how the rooms were and how it compared to her own lodgings.

Pirate_Half_1.png

"Well, guess the rooms aren't too bad around here at least," Fey mutters as she walks into the room and gives it a once over before noticing the other person she was lodging with. "Oh, Tabitha right? So this is where you went off to hmm?" she asks with a bit of a grin.

2ikT3N2.png

"Y-yeah... If I'm honest I don't do very well in crowds like that." 

She pauses and looks at Fey and then breaks eye contact.

"Not that I'm bad at talking to people or anything, at the Monastery I lived at I'd be constantly talking to people seeking spiritual guidance." She pauses for a second and looks back at Fey and forces a smile, its time to pursue fellowship with her roommate,  "Sorry I hope I'm not boring you or anything, admittedly I sorta was hoping I'd be able to talk to you sometime... " 

2ikT3N2.png

"Well, that is if you're not busy or anything!" 

Pirate_Half_1.png

"No worries, its not like I have anything planned at the moment," Fey replies while she sits on her bed. "Still though, you wanted to talk to me huh? Alright then, anything in particular, or did you just want to have a normal chat?"

2ikT3N2.png

"Well I guess we really haven't had much of a chance to get to know each other, so we could always do something like ask each other questions or something... Small talk, like normal girls do?" She follows Fey's example and sits down on the bed on the opposite side of the room. 

Pirate_Half_1.png

"Girl talk huh? I suppose that's fair, though thinking about it I didn't exactly have much girl talk when I was younger. Mostly chatting with merchants or the like you know. But anyways, that's not really the point," Fey remarks, interrupting herself before getting back on track.  "So then, got any interesting hobbies or the like?"

0yKxz4K.png

"I look forward to seeing you then, have a good night until then!" Baldur bowed before walking away. That one one thing off his check list. Time to work on the second. He heads over to Simeon. He felt a bit awkward after his amazing first impression but he'll have to talk to the man eventually so here goes nothing.

qxjEVEp.png

"E-excuse me, Simeon was your name correct? Could I maybe borrow you for a moment?"

Lizaveta was the first one to get back up to the room she was now sharing with Mim -- admittedly, there wasn't really much up here to even tidy up, but she felt obligated to do something. What the red-jacketed girl ended up doing was just a bit of miscellaneous, minor tidying, straightening out a stack of books in the corner, making sure the box that contained her clothing didn't look messy, and making sure that her covers were straight.

And those three things were the only things that Lizaveta did, because she currently had no possessions to her name, let alone the room, besides her clothing, mask, and books.

This meant that Lizaveta found herself awkwardly looking at the mostly-empty room, shuffling in place and waiting for Mim to come up. Even though private property ought not be the way by which someone was judged, and even though she would not stand for and had not stood for Baldur doing exactly that... well, she still found herself kind of embarrassed to have so utterly little on display.

lizavetaneutral.png

"..."

FrFIlim.png

"Anything I want to lay down...?"

To tell the truth, she hadn't thought too much about that. It's not like she planned to be there forever, after all. So really, there's only one thing she can think of off the top of her head.

Gv4Sw9z.png

"...If you see that I'm trying to meditate, don't interrupt me unless it's important."

Granted, none of her attempts to meditate had worked all that well so far anyways, but that's neither here nor there.

2ikT3N2.png

She puts her right hand on her chin and thinks for a moment.

"I don't really know if they count as hobbies since I didn't have much downtime at the monastery but I enjoyed sewing I guess. A lot of the younger sisters would always end up coming to me for help despite my complaints..." 

She paused for a second, not wanting to leave something that plain as her answer. 

"I guess I enjoyed chopping firewood as well? After having to deal with sleezy men from that place it was a great way to relieve stress. I got pretty good at swinging an axe if I do say so myself."

2ikT3N2.png

"Oh I'm sorry, I've been doing all of the talking so far. How about you, do you have any hobbies?" 

Simeon looked over from the weapons he was examining to Baldur, raising an eyebrow but giving a hearty smirk. He didn't really care much for Baldur's attitude earlier, but at the same time, he wasn't about to refuse a potential customer.

6VkJWZ0.png

"Of course; Orchid, was it? What can I do for ye?"

qxjEVEp.png

"Yes, I think I've spent far too long without a weapon to defend myself since a staff isn't going to be lethal anytime soon. I'd prefer something to keep me light on my feet and won't take up too much space. Something like knives or daggers. Would that be at all possible?" Not going to lie, he didn't know the first thing about smithing or what goes into it. It doesn't help that his nerves are already on edge.