Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

ferdiad_happy_talk.png

"I have no objections at all." On the contrary, Ferdiad seems to be in a better mood than he was earlier before and during the fight. After a meal, he'll get to moving his things into Kane's room to free up more space for the new arrivals. Thankfully, there isn't much. None of them in Virtuous have been able to amass too many belongings, and many of them have come from a life where they don't have much to bring along in the first place.

For now though, he heads into his room to remove his armor. Now that the danger has passed for the time being, his muscles thank him for the heavy load taken off. Free of the considerable added weight of solid metal, he examines the plate, making mental notes of where he will have to do repairs later, and takes a few minutes to stretch, loosening up the tension from the day, before joining Kane in the kitchen.

ferdiad_casual_talking.png

"Let me help you prepare dinner. There are many more mouths to feed now, and you should not have to do it on your own."

Shin couldn't really process what was happening, he couldn't have possibly expected that suggestion from Mim. But all he could ..no, HAD to do now was to stop all hell from breaking loose.
gFFAq8G.png
"A-AH No, wait! Arthur you don't wanna go in there yet-" as he desperately tries to stop the ma from entering his room. (to no avail)

Kane was just starting to get everything ready for dinner, trying to pick out main course meals, side dishes for everyone... it was hard having to feed multiple mouths, but there were even more to feed now, so Kane admittedly looked a little bit stressed out, not trying to hide it as much as before now that everyone was upstairs... though seeing Ferdiad made him try to quickly hide it to little avail.

yd3ljbu.png

"Ah-... I'd... really appreciate that, thank you Ferdiad."

A little sigh of relief comes from Kane as he starts to organize the mess of supplies he had been strewing around on the counter.

yd3ljbu.png

"It's gonna be a tough adjustment... I'm just thankful there's a lot in storage, but I hope we can get some better mattresses and chairs for the new members at the very least tomorrow... I don't think tomorrow's going to be much of a day besides a planning day, anyway."

---

Seeing that Shin was clearly not going to relent, Arthur groaned audibly, turning and opening the door.

WE93XAK.png

"If I'm going to have to move in with you, I'd think I'd at least deserve to know the-"

GKhD2Bp.png

"Oh my fucking god."

Without closing the door, Arthur immediately goes downstairs without another word, presumably to go argue with Simeon about who's getting the couch.

Shin sets aside his things and starts following after Arthur.
gFFAq8G.png
"Wait! I can clean this, I didn't know there would be this many new people moving in-" he yells as he tumbles down the stairs.

Suddenly, Virtuous was double the size it was, which has to be the single largest acquisition of members they've had to date. Prior to that, people had joined one at a time, and the adjustment had been relatively easy. While it's certainly exciting, and will broaden what they are able to do, it also means that resources are likely to be rather tight for some time.

"Our funds ought to be enough to cover some new amenities," he says after thinking about their budget for a moment. He had looked it over the other morning. "We may not be able to afford the finest quality, but I am certain I could find something."

He helps Kane gather the pots, pans, and necessary ingredients as he talks. "I can handle that tomorrow, if you wish."

AfgD7sE.png

Watching Crimson witness the horror that's Shin's room was a sad sight. It wasn't until after he started heading down the stairs that a horrifying realization came to Baldur. A realization that not dealt with immediately would mean almost certain death. The butler hurried down the stairs, leaping over Shin's unmoving body as he plummet down the stairs had ceased.

n6KKDFb.png

"Wait, Crimson! Stop and hear me out for just a moment!" He placed his hand on the tactician's shoulder once he finally caught up with him.  "Listen, please you must share a room with me! For both our sakes!" He leans in closer to his ear and whispers,  "You've seen that heathen's room, I wish the fate of rooming with Fiscus on no man. Since Kane and Ferdiad are already set and Simeon is taking the couch the only option left is for us to stick together! Please! I beg of you! This is the only sure fire way none of us will have to live in torment!"

Gv4Sw9z.png

"...Tch." Well...she's heavily disappointed that Baldur seems to have ignored the fact that Shin just fell down the stairs, but...she can't exactly say she's surprised. She makes her way about halfway down the stairs after him, ready to step in if the current cast can't handle him.

HlmU8O6.png

"Hey. Are you okay? That...looked painful."

Edited by Blasbo

lizavetasmile.png

"You know... I wouldn't mind rooming with you, Mim--"

Lizaveta's cheery response to Mim faltered as she heard a loud sound and looked up to see Shin falling down the stairs. Baldur passed right over him, because of course the piece of shit did, but Lizaveta rushed over to Shin immediately after Justine did.

lizavetaneutral.png

"Shin, are--"

She yelped as he lost balance towards her and she had to catch him, staggering back herself as she did.

lizavetaneutral.png

"Are-- do you need any help?"

gFFAq8G.png
"AAH- L-Liza..! T-thank you--"

Startled at being caught by Liza, he looks at her and nervously replies.
1xs7qUg.png
"I think I'm okay.. it was just a clumsy move on my part ..as always.."

Shin tries to regain his balance on the ground, looks to both Lizaveta, Justine and Reiko before regrettably muttering:
FdBwyuh.png
"I.. didn't mean to trouble you all again, though.. s-sorry.." before he lowers his head in gratitude.

Edited by Shauntaro

"Making a valiant attempt, at the very least." Ferdiad half turns to reply to Lenore with an upbeat smile as he arranges a set of cookware on the somewhat chipped counter top and looking over their available ingredients with a slightly furrowed brow and a discerning eye.

ferdiad_casual_frown_talking.png

"... It may be more difficult than I thought. Perhaps we ought to have visited the market before the mission if we hoped to be adding new recruits."

"There is nothing more vital to one's performance than a balance of nutrition." He turns fully around now to address Lenore directly. "Is there anything in particular you would like to have, my lady?"

Mim frowned as Crimson ran away from Shin's room. Surely it couldn't be that bad, could it? She started to climb the stairs, calling out behind her,

9Lt7IrL.png

"Oh good, Liza, it's a deal then! I'll room with you. As for you Crimson, you need to stop overreacting. Surely his room isn't that bad. You can suck it up and deal with it, I know you can."

She'd reached the top of the stairs by now and was headed for Shin's room, determined to see what Crimson was overreacting about.

Lizaveta looked at Shin seriously -- it was impolite of her not to respond to Mim, but she felt like this required her full attention, so she spoke quietly but warmly to Shin.

lizavetaneutral.png

"Shin, look at me. You don't need to worry about troubling us, okay? I know you're worried about it, and worried about when I got hit, but I did that because it was the right thing to do, okay? It isn't right that you should have to feel like this, or that you should just let people walk over you. You're not worthless just because you're not like Baldur, or Crimson. And you shouldn't have to think you are."

Kane shook his head at Ferdiad's offer.

yd3ljbu.png

"That's very kind of you... but I'll probably be up and out early anyway before anyone wakes up, you know me, I don't run on very much sleep at all. I'll make sure to get plenty of-"

Kane stops himself as he sees Lenore entering the kitchen, giving a small smile to her.

YbULHT1.png

“Hah, I'm glad it's at least above 'dump' somewhere. We are making dinner, and I want to try to make something good for everyone, it's the least I can do for everyone after the mission..."

Kane's smile faded as he turned his attention back to the ingredients.

YbULHT1.png

“Mmm... We may not have gone to the market, but I think we have the essentials for a good dinner. We shouldn't worry too much, it's just a matter of thinking of what to make is the thing... that was always my problem with cooking, can never decide properly..."

---

Arthur does not look extremely thrilled at the idea of rooming with Baldur either, especially upon reminder once Justine chewed him out. He does not react much to Shin's tumble, especially once Lizaveta catches him. He tries to protest in response to Mim, as if he knew that it was that bad, but lost the chance to, groaning a little bit at the missed opportunity before Simeon looks up the stairs.

6VkJWZ0.png

"Arthur, was it? I could hear the ruckus from down here. Ye do know there's more than one couch down here, right?"

Arthur briefly contemplates this.

WE93XAK.png

"...Right. Thank you for the offer, Baldur, but I'll just take another couch. I'm trying to avoid stepping on any more toes after my last incident."

Arthur proceeded to move downstairs and past Simeon, who just gives a shrug as he follows.

hLH5mp3.png

"wait, did Simeon just say..." Baldur could not believe it. His name is Arthur. This is bad, if THAT man is here this is nowhere near good. What exactly are his motives for joining? He has to know for sure.

moe5i9e.png

"A-arthur, wait! Can we at least talk over a cup of tea? If it's not about rooming together, we could at least try to make amends over earlier today. I have a tea set in my room, we can talk there. Can you at least grant me that?"

Arthur looks... somewhat confused and a little bit annoyed.

GKhD2Bp.png

"Am I really the one you should be making amends to? I've already done my part to apologize to Justine for my behavior toward her..."

Arthur gives a slight pause, then a sigh.

WE93XAK.png

"...mmgh, but I'm not one to turn down an invitation when I have nothing to do, and I'm parched as hell... very well, I'll talk for a little while if that helps progress on making amends."

moe5i9e.png

"Ah, this is great! Follow me, my room is this way." The butler leads the way back up the stairs and to his room where he takes a key from his pocket and unlocks the door. Inside is practically spotless. His furnishings were definitely did not look cheap. There was a table in the middle of the room with two chairs and chessboard chess board in the middle that is ready for use at any time. However, Baldur occasionally has to dust the darn thing since he has yet to play anyone in Virtuous. In the back corner of the room sits a desk with a sewing machine resting on top of it along with a pin cushion and assortment of other sewing utensils. Across from the sewing station, on the other side of the room there was a closed cabinet and beside it a waste bin. However, it was nearly full to the brim with empty liquor bottles. Next a dresser complete with a full body mirror right besides it. His bed, just at a glance, seemed to be quite elegant and comfy. The night stand by it held an empty shot glass and a small painting of what seems to be a younger Baldur along side an older lady in front of a mansion. The picture frame it was held it was made of gold and had a 4 rubies in each of the corners of the frame.

He holds the door open for Arthur and follows in behind him closing it shortly after.  "Please, take a seat at the table." He pulls out the chair farthest away from the door for him and then makes his way to the cupboard.  "Any kinda of tea you prefer? Green? Chamomile? Chai?"  

Arthur followed, looking slightly annoyed as he did but still going along with it in the hopes that this was all worth it in the end. He looked inside Baldur's room... and well, it was definitely an improvement over Shin's room to say the least, but the amount of liquor bottles was... worrying, to be honest. Either way, he was content with just the couch. Sitting down, he paused to think for a bit. Not just about the tea, but about all of this, noting the closed door. Somehow, Arthur felt like this wasn't just going to be a reconciliation, if that at all.

GKhD2Bp.png

"...Chamomile's fine, thank you."

lrZpXzI.png

As Baldur was filling up his tea pot with water he realized that Kane and Ferdiad were just about to use the kitchen stove.  "Oh wait, I forgot about the dinner preparations. They're probably using the stove as we speak." The man pauses for a bit before remembering that Arthur can indeed use anima magic.  "This is a bit embarrassing but, would you mind using your fire magic to boil the water? I know better than anyone not to bother the cook while he's making a meal."

UBxRGTJ.png

"Oh trust me, I only buy the finest dried flowers. You should hope it boils quickly." He then brings two fine tea cups with matching small plates, a jar of honey, cubes of sugar, the jar filled with the leaves and the tea pots plate all on a platter. He sets it on his night stand moving the picture frame aside to make ample room. He sits on the other side of the table legs crossed and takes a deep breath.

moe5i9e.png

"Sorry, I'm just a bit nervous is all. You're the first one to see my room and.. well..." He looks at the trash can with a saddened look on his face before back to Arthur.  "Please, don't mention that to anyone. It's a... bad habit... Anyways! Let's just start by taking turns asking each other questions, feel free to not answer if you're not confident. I'll start, why did you decide to join Virtuous..."

MbTOG3X.png

"I mean, even after the little scene I had before. That didn't scare you off?"