Spork + DDDL FAQ

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods

Since there are a few questions that have come up a lot in the main Spork thread, I thought it would be a good idea to make an FAQ with quick access to the commonly asked questions, and Punkeev/Steffi approved. 

This will be updated in the future if there are any more questions that start to become popular (or if I forgot to add one). 

Q: What's the shiny rate in Spork?

A: Spork has the same shiny rate as Reborn and Rejuvenation. I'm not sure of the exact math but I believe it's 1% or close. 

edit:

image.png.7b03ba45f9087f160c5b3b8e1cd43e85.png

Q: Where is the Move Relearner?

A: The Move Relearner is in a house in the Services District of Olidroll City. Olidroll City is where the 6th and 7th gyms are.

Q: Where is the daycare? 

A: The daycare is at the Legend Dairy, which is east of Aliora City. Aliora City is where the 4th gym is.

Q: Where can I find [insert name of Pokemon here]?

A: There's an obtainablepokemon notepad file in the game folder that lists the locations of each Pokemon (with legendaries listed in a separate notepad file called legendarysidequests).

Q: Where can I find [insert name of evolution stone here]?

A: There's a hiker at Bolaii Cave (near 5th gym) who sells all the evolution stones, and this hiker is also at the Battle Mall (near 8th gym) too. There are also evolution stones at Bunnelby Burrows (in Cianosa City, the city with the 2nd gym) that regenerate upon each visit.

Q: How do you evolve trade evolution Pokemon?

A: If the Pokemon canonically evolves through trade, you use a Link Stone on it. If the Pokemon canonically needs to hold a specific item while being traded, you need to use the item on it like an evolution stone. (ex: using an Up-Grade on Porygon will evolve it into Porygon2)

Q: Where is the Lucky Egg?

A: In Liliech City, there's an NPC in a house who asks to see Eevee and each of its evolutions one at a time, and one of the rewards for doing this is the Lucky Egg. (the other rewards are a Marble, the Dream Eater TM, and Eevee's mega stone, along with a Master Ball if you speak to her again after and decide to give her one)

Q: When is the Mega Ring obtained?

A: You get the Mega Ring as part of the story between the 15th and 16th gyms.

Q: Does Spork have a nature changer? 

A: Yes; the nature changer is Cassie the Glaceon. She's in Umira. If you choose Glaceon for your Eeveelution zodiac in the False Fortunes tent in Gellene Town, you can have access to Cassie's nature-changing service right then and there. (Gellene Town is where the 3rd gym is, and Umira is where the 13th gym is, so it's a lot earlier)

Q: Where is the Name Rater?

A: The Name Rater is in a house in Cianosa City (the city where the second Gym is). There will be a sign in front of the Name Rater's house.

Q: Hidden abilities/Ability Capsules? 

A: This post explains the current situation: https://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21393-pokemon-spork-episode-8-smoothie-delicias-delicious-dreamland/page/9/&tab=comments#comment-595869

(I did later speak to Ame about this, and she tried to help, but due to Reborn and Spork using different versions of Essentials, our script sections were different) 

Q: Is Pokemon Spork complete?

A: The main story is complete and there's also a postgame. However, the game is still reuploaded regularly with revamps, bug fixes, and sometimes new additions.

Q: Is there debug for Pokemon Spork?

A: As of the September 26 2020 reupload, you can turn on and off debug mode by speaking to a tree in Pokemon Centers.

Q: How do I progress at Crolea's birthday party?

A: The story will automatically progress after you've talked to everyone. This includes Brutus and Meda even if you've already done the double battle initiated by talking to Ivan, and Litwick after Felicia brings it out. 

If the story still hasn't progressed it's possible there's someone you forgot to talk to; there've been a few times in the thread where people thought they talked to everyone but then realized they just missed one person. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Global Mods
6 minutes ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

How soon can I get Eevee (besides starter selection room)?

(I am picking up where I left off after blitzing through V12 Rejuvenation. Also, I already know where the Shiny Stone is at.)

Eevee is at Aliora Meadow which is an area between the 3rd and 4th gyms. 

• Like 1

So it worked on yours, but mine kept saying “it won’t have any effect”. I’m gonna keep trying, though.

This is my current save atm. In the middle of EV training, but it just that particular Sylveon of mine that didn't change while the other team members worked.

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
17 minutes ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

So it worked on yours, but mine kept saying “it won’t have any effect”. I’m gonna keep trying, though.

This is my current save atm. In the middle of EV training, but it just that particular Sylveon of mine that didn't change while the other team members worked.

Game.rxdata 59.18 kB · 0 downloads

Sylveon now has Pixilate! 

I'm not 100% sure if this is why it wasn't working, but when changing the ability, I noticed it said Cute Charm is being forced. Maybe that's why the Ability Capsule didn't change it?

image.png.829b34c578b8729746e24dc17ab3d5a5.png

I'm not sure why it would be being forced, since I don't think there are any situations like that in Spork where an ability is set for an obtained Pokemon beforehand. 

Game.rxdata

• Thanks 1