Just Saying this right now: If Leon S. Kennedy or Chris Redfield make it into Smash Ultimate as DLC...

ShadeStrider

I am not going to be surprised. Resident Evil is one of Capcom's most popular franchises, and Nintendo is making deals with Capcom, hence why Ryu, Ken, and Mega Man are in.

There are probably a hundred other Reps that could be in, like Banjo & Kazooie, Dante from Devil May Cry, Possibly a Decent Pokemon Rep, etc.

The Chances of Leon and Chris's inclusion are actually slim to none.

Just that If by the less than 0.01% (and by that, I don't mean 1%) chance that one of them does make it in as DLC, I will not be surprised.

You could probably say the same about Dante. Joker's inclusion means that we really should lower our expectations for pretty much every possible candidate. At this point its a game of chance. 

Also, from the Reveal Trailer, I can also say that RelaxAlax is a prophet.

Sephiroth and Raiden actually have slightly higher chances of being in because FFVII and Metal Gear already have reps. But its still a paltry chance of 0.02%. I'd also like to specify that it isn't 2%, it's 0.02%. No mistakes there.

Not very optimistic about anyone. All I know is that we have 4 more newcomers. Possibly 9 if Sakurai decides to release a second season.

• Administrators

i don't really have much to add here but i'm dropping into say that i'm really bad at knowing who things are and i totally thought leon kennedy referred to the former president of the united states and chris redfield was the protagonist of catcher in the rye and i was so confused

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Amethyst said:

i don't really have much to add here but i'm dropping into say that i'm really bad at knowing who things are and i totally thought leon kennedy referred to the former president of the united states and chris redfield was the protagonist of catcher in the rye and i was so confused

...You don't play Resident Evil, do you? Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield are the two most popular characters in the franchise.

I can see why you'd make those mistakes.

Wait...are you saying Leon F. Kennedy wasn't our 35th president? You think Ame is bad but this is the first thing that came to my mind seeing that title:

Spoiler

So let's just take a step back towards Joker. The DLC theme they seem to be going for is crossover characters from new series just like with Ryu and Cloud. So that eliminates Metal Gear and Final Fantasy out of the question and Reggie kind of confirmed that in his own way. There's no Sephiroth or Raiden. If you want to blame someone's chances for Leon not getting in, blame Snake. If it weren't for him, I'm rather positive Kennedy would have been in as a playable fighter. I don't think there's anything they could include into him that would make him an interesting fighter to buy or pick up which you'd only buy out of fan-service, unlike all the other new DLC characters we've seen.

On 12/9/2018 at 2:11 PM, Commander said:

Wait...are you saying Leon F. Kennedy wasn't our 35th president? You think Ame is bad but this is the first thing that came to my mind seeing that title:

Hide contents

So let's just take a step back towards Joker. The DLC theme they seem to be going for is crossover characters from new series just like with Ryu and Cloud. So that eliminates Metal Gear and Final Fantasy out of the question and Reggie kind of confirmed that in his own way. There's no Sephiroth or Raiden. If you want to blame someone's chances for Leon not getting in, blame Snake. If it weren't for him, I'm rather positive Kennedy would have been in as a playable fighter. I don't think there's anything they could include into him that would make him an interesting fighter to buy or pick up which you'd only buy out of fan-service, unlike all the other new DLC characters we've seen.

At this point, the only rule I have regarding  possible third parties is this: they have to be Japanese.

That’s really it.

My speculations are;

- Dark Souls rep (Solaire or Artorias) 

-Capcom Rep (Leon, Chris, Phoenix Wright, or a Monster Hunter)

-Dragon Quest Rep (Erdrick or Slime)

-Non-Japanese Rep (Banjo and Kazooie, Minecraft Steve, Dovakin, Doom Guy)

Capcom:

I too predict a Monster Hunter Rep. I'm hoping for an insect glaive user for play style variety. we got swords and bows to spare as it is. imagine a bouncy, ranged melee character who isn't corrin and has the ability to apply self buffs depending on who they hit with an insect projectile (corrin + shulk + greninja + luma?). 

I would be alright with Chris Redfield as a heavy brawling/zoning hybrid to sit next to Snake as a counterpoint to combo heavy bayo and her peashooter stripper heels. Although he might feel a little too familiar to Snake...

Square- Enix:

DQ rep/ Sephiroth/Zach/other FF rep... or even Lara Croft? Since Squeenix makes her games now and seeing her as another historic icon joining in smash would be a surprise and yet totally fit at the same time.

Slime would be kinda neat. I can see a brief transformation into a metal slime as a reflecting counter and a king slime summon/transformation for the final smash. Potentially not having any melee abilities so much as different magic spells instead.

Sora and/or Riku- KH 3 coming out soon. Need I say more? The potential is there, though it wouldn't really come as a surprise, would it.

Oh, you know who would also be a surprise? Being able to play as a Felyne, the MH sidekicks.

Microsoft/PC rep-

Master Chief/ Arbiter from Halo. Arbiter already showed up in Killer Instinct as a fighter, another series with some small potential to have a rep. Brings a variety of weapons and skills for interesting utility. Grenades, shotgun/plasma sword for short ranged smash attacks, plasma pistol shield breaker overcharge (can't be stored up like corrin/megaman and unlike samus/mewtwo/DK), etc). Would be nice for me and would tie in with the still upcoming last game in the second halo trilogy.

Doom Guy has his own crazy arsenal and had that reboot somewhat recently and would perhaps pull in more of the pc elitists and nostalgia fanboys to join in on the fun. Don't particularly care for him, but it's w/e.

F*** any minecraft rep with something hard and sandpapery.

Other-

A Mortal Kombat character or two. MK 11 is coming soon. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the poster rivals, like Ken and Ryu, but Raiden is slotted to play as the big bad this time around. I have a hard time imagining it, but I suppose it wouldn't be impossible. Scorpion's spear/tether for a command grab, his teleport punch working like greninja's shadow sneak but faster, flaming flip kick. Sub-Zero with his freeze, throwable ice clones, and slide. Unless Shao Khan with BS heavy armor and hammer to rival K Rool for being stupid easy to play as.

Sony Rep-

Probably a lot of options, but I don't think I really care for many of them. Especially not Crash.

Kratos would probably have some fun axe toss battles with the belmonts.

Aloy wouldn't really give us anything new. she'd be a mix between pit and zss.

probably a bunch of others I can't think of atm.