Emeral Brooch theory??

SYLIIC

So I'm not sure if this has been brought up at all on this forum, buuuuuttttttttt I'm gonna talk about it because frankly, I've thought about it for a long while, since e16 I think? 

Well anyways, one thing I noticed was the owners of the keys matched- color wise- with their respective key.

Anna has purple as her general color and carries the amethyst pendant.

Heather owns the ruby ring, and while she isn't red, pink is a tint of red, so technically she fits the bill. Plus in her battle Sprite, her hair looks more reddish? Not sure about why that is.

Now, for the sapphire bracelet, while the original owners ARE Saphira, Charlotte, and Laura; but seeing as how they wounded up loosing it in a fire, only for Titania to give it to Amaria, I think Amaria is the 'Official Owner'. The color scheme says all basically, but it does bring up an interesting idea: that there's some outer force in the game that already chosen the keys "protectors", which could explain the color coding as well.

But there's one that threw me off, and that's the emerald brooch. What we do know of the brooch is that it came into El's possession by Solaris, and gave him his sight back somehow, and Luna made off with the brooch and claimed Randomus and Sierra as her parents.(E18 potential spoilers under cut)

Spoiler

However, Randomus, when telling the player his scheme on how he made the keys into jewelry and sold them off to the strongest trainers, he made it sound like he sold it to El directly. This is contradictory, and at first I wrote it off as a "oopies" but.. before you fight El's Ditto-Arceus, you have to figure out the contradictions in each of the Pokemon statues alibis. I think this is intentional, and the contradictions with him may only grow from here, but only e19 can tell.

With the above said, El isn't the brooch's "Owner". Luna is a maybe, but not very likely. But listen:

After Obtaining the Brooch, El gets practically mania and becomes extremely religious, to the point of being a sacrificial cult leader. He's obessive.

After running from El, denouncing him as her father, and stealing the Brooch, Luna claims Sierra and Randomus and her parents, and her family values, especially in the latest episode, are very much highlighted upon, as if family is her top priority. 

A trend with this brooch is a strange obessive quality comes to the people who own it.

So here's what I think: 

To know who the real "Owner" of the brooch is, they should/most likely possess these qualities:

-color pallet consisting of greens mostly

-obsessive over something (it's past two owners obsessions have something to do with two, incuding the owner, or more people involved with some sort of "togetherness/organization"; a common ground in a way.)

Annnnddd we are down to three candidates.

Lin, Florina, and Fern.

Now, the color thing is self explanatory, so let's talk about the obsessions side of the deal, starting with Fern.

Fern isn't likely, but more likely in my eyes than Florina, but he does kinda have some lead way I guess, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

Fern is obsessed with kicking your ass from the get-go it seems. Honestly he's just obsessed with you in general. After no show for a long ass time, he comes back from nowhere to fight you in route 1, then later JOINS TEAM METEOR JUST TO SPITE YOU FURTHER. This kid is the definition of petty.

The only issue with this criteria, but also could be a standing point for it, is that there's no "organization" or togetherness between Fern and the player. How this could be a standing point is that we aren't sure if the brooch will affect the "Owner's" differently compared to those who had it beforehand. It could very well be that the true owner will rupture a disconnect with organizations and/or togetherness between others or themselves. Also the alternative timeline thing that the Beryl ward witch lady brings up. In a word where you don't exist, Fern is the one to take up arms, and that's your togetherness. You both are different sides of the same coin.

Florina doesn't have much going on in her case. I could argue that she's obsessive with being emotionally cold and/or finding her brother, but it's not as pressing or as notable as Ferns rivalry with you and Lin's obsession with power. That's why I don't think she's a likely canidate.

Now Lin. Lin is probably the most likely option of the trio. It's only in reborn's style to make the evil OP lady also be the true owner of the brooch. And not to mention her obsession with power. Like I said with Fern, maybe the brooch affect the true owner differently, by making then against the idea of togetherness, like Lin. She's the epitome of rugged individualism and teases those who rely on each other. Also the brooch has shown to have some sort of magical properties to it, seeing as how El can see now, and he wasn't even the true owner. If it was in the hands of the true owner at any given point, I'd imagine it's properties would increase dramatically, to the point where, oh I don't know, you can make things out of nothing? 

Sorry if you couldn't follow along at all, it's 1 am and I'm all over the place mentally and I'm also very tired.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SYLIIC said:

So I'm not sure if this has been brought up at all on this forum, buuuuuttttttttt I'm gonna talk about it because frankly, I've thought about it for a long while, since e16 I think? 

Well anyways, one thing I noticed was the owners of the keys matched- color wise- with their respective key.

Anna has purple as her general color and carries the amethyst pendant.

Heather owns the ruby ring, and while she isn't red, pink is a tint of red, so technically she fits the bill. Plus in her battle Sprite, her hair looks more reddish? Not sure about why that is.

Now, for the sapphire bracelet, while the original owners ARE Saphira, Charlotte, and Laura; but seeing as how they wounded up loosing it in a fire, only for Titania to give it to Amaria, I think Amaria is the 'Official Owner'. The color scheme says all basically, but it does bring up an interesting idea: that there's some outer force in the game that already chosen the keys "protectors", which could explain the color coding as well.

But there's one that threw me off, and that's the emerald brooch. What we do know of the brooch is that it came into El's possession by Solaris, and gave him his sight back somehow, and Luna made off with the brooch and claimed Randomus and Sierra as her parents.(E18 potential spoilers under cut)

Hide contents

However, Randomus, when telling the player his scheme on how he made the keys into jewelry and sold them off to the strongest trainers, he made it sound like he sold it to El directly. This is contradictory, and at first I wrote it off as a "oopies" but.. before you fight El's Ditto-Arceus, you have to figure out the contradictions in each of the Pokemon statues alibis. I think this is intentional, and the contradictions with him may only grow from here, but only e19 can tell.

With the above said, El isn't the brooch's "Owner". Luna is a maybe, but not very likely. But listen:

After Obtaining the Brooch, El gets practically mania and becomes extremely religious, to the point of being a sacrificial cult leader. He's obessive.

After running from El, denouncing him as her father, and stealing the Brooch, Luna claims Sierra and Randomus and her parents, and her family values, especially in the latest episode, are very much highlighted upon, as if family is her top priority. 

A trend with this brooch is a strange obessive quality comes to the people who own it.

So here's what I think: 

To know who the real "Owner" of the brooch is, they should/most likely possess these qualities:

-color pallet consisting of greens mostly

-obsessive over something (it's past two owners obsessions have something to do with two, incuding the owner, or more people involved with some sort of "togetherness/organization"; a common ground in a way.)

Annnnddd we are down to three candidates.

Lin, Florina, and Fern.

Now, the color thing is self explanatory, so let's talk about the obsessions side of the deal, starting with Fern.

Fern isn't likely, but more likely in my eyes than Florina, but he does kinda have some lead way I guess, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

Fern is obsessed with kicking your ass from the get-go it seems. Honestly he's just obsessed with you in general. After no show for a long ass time, he comes back from nowhere to fight you in route 1, then later JOINS TEAM METEOR JUST TO SPITE YOU FURTHER. This kid is the definition of petty.

The only issue with this criteria, but also could be a standing point for it, is that there's no "organization" or togetherness between Fern and the player. How this could be a standing point is that we aren't sure if the brooch will affect the "Owner's" differently compared to those who had it beforehand. It could very well be that the true owner will rupture a disconnect with organizations and/or togetherness between others or themselves. Also the alternative timeline thing that the Beryl ward witch lady brings up. In a word where you don't exist, Fern is the one to take up arms, and that's your togetherness. You both are different sides of the same coin.

Florina doesn't have much going on in her case. I could argue that she's obsessive with being emotionally cold and/or finding her brother, but it's not as pressing or as notable as Ferns rivalry with you and Lin's obsession with power. That's why I don't think she's a likely canidate.

Now Lin. Lin is probably the most likely option of the trio. It's only in reborn's style to make the evil OP lady also be the true owner of the brooch. And not to mention her obsession with power. Like I said with Fern, maybe the brooch affect the true owner differently, by making then against the idea of togetherness, like Lin. She's the epitome of rugged individualism and teases those who rely on each other. Also the brooch has shown to have some sort of magical properties to it, seeing as how El can see now, and he wasn't even the true owner. If it was in the hands of the true owner at any given point, I'd imagine it's properties would increase dramatically, to the point where, oh I don't know, you can make things out of nothing? 

Sorry if you couldn't follow along at all, it's 1 am and I'm all over the place mentally and I'm also very tired.

The owners of each key does generally follow the seal's attribute not necessarily appearance. So they would follow what each seal stands for (eg Amethyst being the seal of the beyond so fits Anna perfectly). Also the Key's owners ended up being members of the E4 but this was by coincidence.

Heather/Corey - She is the owner of the Ruby ring (the seal of pain). Heather has gone through a lot of suffering in her life with the loss of her mother during childbirth, her father's restrictions on her life based upon trying to protect her which only stifles her. Also with the loss of her father to suicide. This ring was originally bought by Corey as an engagement ring for his wife back in the times when he was a happy guy with his loving partner. As he says before he commits suicide, Heather and the ring were the only things keeping him going and he committed suicide as he felt unneeded after they both were gone.

Laura/Amaria - For Laura, she was the original and final owner of the Sapphire bracelets (the seal of love). In her case it would probably be her love towards nature and her sisters. Also how much she cares for her friends. I could also extend this to what seems to be a budding romance between her and Bennett by what they say in E18 and I believe they dated at some point during the online league. Laura's parents initially bought the bracelets as it reminded them of their eldest daughter (Sapphira). Laura. would have been distraught at when they were lost in the fire and found by Titania. In Amaria's case, it makes sense that she was not the original owner. Her love for Titania was built upon a lot of falsehoods and whilst she may have loved her, that love was extremely destructive as really evident within the Reshiram route. 

Radomus/Anna/Zina - These two both have an attribute that allows them both to be prime candidates for the Amethyst Pendant (The seal of the beyond), the fact that they both have some element of power that allows them to see through the facade of people and to see some elements of the future (the methods for Zina is unknown but Anna can through Nostra). Radomus to an extent says this when he says that Zina was the only woman to have seen him for what he is. Anna obviously also manages to see through him in the Glass Workshop too. Radomus initially received the jewellery pieces after stealing them from Meteor and sold some of the other pieces to hide their whereabouts (this being the method he made his fortune). He kept the pendant for himself to give to his wife and then passed it on to his daughter when his wife died. He then put his children into Sigmund's orphanage in order to protect anyone who would hunt for the jewellery. He could be a candidate for the pendant for his ability to foresee what others may do (due to his chesslike thinking).Miss Direction could potentially be another candidate for the Amethyst pendant due to her foreseeing powers but she's not one of the main cast so.

Sirius/El/Luna - Within the jewellery room in Agate city, there's a diary that points to Sirius being the creator of the jewellery that holds the keys. Like Corey, Sirius was once someone who was naive but had this illusion ripped away from him which turned him into the sadist he is today. This change also symbolises his loss of faith in people, this is ironic because he also loses the Emerald brooch (the symbol of faith) via El potentially stealing it from him. El is another candidate for the emerald brooch because of his faith to Arceus (probably due to its power). As we all know, El was initially blind until Arceus' power restored his sight and has since tried to communicate with Arceus again. However, El also has the Emerald Brooch taken from him by Luna.

In Luna's case, I believe her faith is faith to her family. However, this isn't to her blood family but rather her Adoptive family (Claiming Radomus as her father and Serra as her mother). You would initially think Luna as a candidate for the Amethyst pendant due to her otherworldly nature and knowledge of the void. However, this wouldn't be the case as she cannot predict the beyond like Anna and Zina can. 

I want to talk about your candidate choices for the Emerald Brooch being Lin, Fern and Florinia. 

Lin - Even in this penultimate episode, we do not know too much about Lin and her motives. She seems to tolerate the MC meddling in her plans with ease compared to other people who have. I guess you could say she has faith that her plan will succeed but I don't think she would qualify for the key.

Fern - He doesn't seem to have a lot of faith in people and seems to constantly berate them if things don't go his way. Fern is someone who is very lost at the minute to the point of falling in with the Meteor ranks. He would not qualify for the key.

Florinia - Once she may have had faith in people, perhaps she still does. However, she has had to suppress this along with her emotions in order to protect herself. She does seem to have faith that she can deal with her brother but it's not the sort of faith that the key would symbolise.

• Upvote 1