Hypothetical Situation: You have the opportunity to sacrifice a Smash Bros Pokemon Rep to an Altar. In exchange, you get another Fire Emblem Rep.

ShadeStrider

Which Pokemon will you Sacrifice?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. This Pokemon will lose it's place in Smash Bros upon dying. Make your choice

• Pikachu
    • Jigglypuff
    • Pichu
    • Mewtwo
    • Charizard
    • Ivysaur
    • Squirtle
    • Lucario
    • Greninja
    • Incineroar
    • I refuse, even if it means my own life.

I've been too invested in South American history thanks to this history class and a book a teacher lent me, and I got the Idea after reading too much about Mayans and Aztecs.

The poll is simple, you choose the Pokemon, you comment the method of Sacrifice, and you comment the Fire Emblem character that you want. It can be literally any Fire Emblem Rep, I'm not limiting your options with a poll.

Methods of sacrifice include any method that spills enough blood to wet an altar. These include Beheading, making an incision in the chest and ripping out the heart like Raiden and Senator Armstrong, a simple stab, et cetera.

You can also refuse, but then you'll be sacrificed.

For the sake of this poll, Pichu, Pikachu, and Squirtle have more than enough blood to wet an altar. Jigglypuff has blood as well, not air, despite being a balloon.

Hinoka, Cordelia, Lyn, Hector, Black Knight, Camilla... these are but a few names that have been thrown around on Smashfaqs. But you aren't limited to just them.

Jesus, this poll is dark. I can't believe I typed this down. But... I've read history books worse than this when I was 10. I'll be honest, this is a glorified "Which Pokemon would you trade for a Fire Emblem rep of your choice." I added the Pokemon Sacrifice theme to give the poll more... life. Irony.

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

I've been too invested in South American history thanks to this history class and a book a teacher lent me, and I got the Idea after reading too much about Mayans and Aztecs.

The poll is simple, you choose the Pokemon, you comment the method of Sacrifice, and you comment the Fire Emblem character that you want. It can be literally any Fire Emblem Rep, I'm not limiting your options with a poll.

Methods of sacrifice include any method that spills enough blood to wet an altar. These include Beheading, making an incision in the chest and ripping out the heart like Raiden and Senator Armstrong, a simple stab, et cetera.

You can also refuse, but then you'll be sacrificed.

For the sake of this poll, Pichu, Pikachu, and Squirtle have more than enough blood to wet an altar. Jigglypuff has blood as well, not air, despite being a balloon.

Hinoka, Cordelia, Lyn, Hector, Black Knight, Camilla... these are but a few names that have been thrown around on Smashfaqs. But you aren't limited to just them.

Jesus, this poll is dark. I can't believe I typed this down. But... I've read history books worse than this when I was 10. I'll be honest, this is a glorified "Which Pokemon would you trade for a Fire Emblem rep of your choice." I added the Pokemon Sacrifice theme to give the poll more... life. Irony.

personally i feel there is wayyy too many pokemon reps and i would throw out a lot of them but exclusively for Fire Emblem characters? no for a multiple choice of various reps? definitely elsewise we need to teach Waluigi to use a sword get him into a fire emblem game and then vote him.

While Beautifly demands that I only sacrifice garchomps in her name im sure she would also accept the blood of an Incineroar. (wasn't really excited about it)

Now bring Sakuras cute ass over here and let me give her a hug

red, white, cute, and has dragon blood just like a certain other dragon

giphy.gif.8e32ccdab39d7ec12236516e7b573ce6.gif

Pokémon rep out: Pichu. few will cry over him/her.

FE Rep in: Takumi.

Why? Because #BlameTakumi

All kiddign aside now, I'd remove Pichu and add in Inigo/Laslow from Awakening and Fates as am Ike echo

...Well Pichu obviously is what we'd get rid of. He's an adorable little guy, but he is a Pika clone so bye-bye. Honestly though, I'd rather have one more Pokemon and get rid of Lucina because we have too many FE characters.

As for who to bring in, we pretty much have covered so much of the field that there's not much else to bring. Personally, I'd like to see Hardin as he'd be one of the more unique characters on top of being an iconic villain. We haven't seen many lance units even appear in Smash so that's another plus. Though I say Bandanna Dee should get in for lance user to complete the Kirby Quartet.

Look. I’ve been playing Smash my entire life as a casual, but I owned the game for the N64....

...and it’s objectively Jigglypuff. Pichu’s being a clone is salvaged by two things. The hilarious harming itself, and Ultimate’s alternate skins with the Team Aqua and Skull representation. The Puff isn’t as iconic to Smash to me as Pichu is, and I think the other fighters are unique enough to stand out as roster spots in a fighting game.

As for the FE Rep?

I’d like to posit Azura - from Fates - partially for the same reason Ephraim/Cordelia might be appealing but also because of how she differs from them.

Not counting the female skins for Corrin and Robin, the Fire Emblem Smash roster truly is a boy’s club. Roy, to me, is a good enough GBA male rep who I thought wouldn’t even come back, and even if we wanted a girl from that era, Lyn and Eirika are swords.

Azura, like Lucina, is always female, and like Ephraim is an infantry lance user that is well known. Ridley aside, a full Pegasus Knight in Cordelia seems absurd size-wise and making her a footlancer cheapens her representation a bit for convenience.

Therefore, Azura seems the most tailor-made if I were conducting this ritual. She’d be the first female melee weapon weilder that isn’t an echo fighter. (Unless Sheik counts. I’ve thought she was more a brawler than a swordswoman.)

• Upvote 1

PICHU IS HOLY AND SACRED, THEREFORE WE MUST PROTECT IT.

There, now that that's out of the way, I would probably choose Pokemon Trainer.  Yes, I would sacrifice a human.  Let the Pokemon be free!  I would have to say Black Knight as the rep.

6 hours ago, Rum.Iel, The DancingBlade. said:

Incineroar, cuz reasons, and if i could pick a character to join, it would either be Sephirot( Cuz you know, Cloud's in there) or Sora( Kingdom Hearts)

I said Fire Emblem characters. Sora and Sephiroth are not Fire Emblem characters.

Also, can I mention how nobody determined the Method that they’d use? Like the cutting out of hearts or beheadings,

45 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Also, can I mention how nobody determined the Method that they’d use? Like the cutting out of hearts or beheadings,

14614320.jpg

It's almost as if you think we put much thought in fighters we don't care about what we'd do with them. Also, Kingdom Hearts is the best Fire Emblem game. That is a known fact therefore Sora and Sephiroth are valid.

• Administrators

can sans undertale be my fire emblem rep of choice?

i dont think anyone i reallllllllly care about that much has any chance of being popular enough to make it in (i'd say camilla but lol wyverns in smash....) so i'll just back cass up for lyn.

Let's stab Incineroar repeatedly and maniacally. Such a large body must contain a lot of blood.

I would get Camilla or Peri in there. They aren't realistic candidates (because wyvern/ insufficient popularity) but it doesn't really matter since this is a purely hypothetical situation. Limiting ourselves to characters that have a reasonable chance of actually appearing in Smash would be an artificial constraint.

get out of existence, Incineroar

AND GIVE ME CORDELIA

not that I'd play the game
BUT CORDELIA

and @Amethyst and @Alistair who said you need to include the mounts??? Especially in Fates they didn't even care enough to give -any- of the main characters' mount a name (compare to Cherche - Minerva).
They can fight without 'em. 😤

20 hours ago, CrossImpact said:

get out of existence, Incineroar

AND GIVE ME CORDELIA

not that I'd play the game
BUT CORDELIA

and @Amethyst and @Alistair who said you need to include the mounts??? Especially in Fates they didn't even care enough to give -any- of the main characters' mount a name (compare to Cherche - Minerva).
They can fight without 'em. 😤

I knew who you were going to choose. Your profile picture gave it away.

All things considered, I did not expect this thread to become this successful. Huitzilopochtli, the Aztec God of War and the Sun, would be pleased.

1 hour ago, Wendel said:

Out Greninja, Gen 6 is bad and should feel bad and even though ninja isn't as much as a disappointment as Delphox I still dun care...

Bring in Fjorm I need my ice lance lady

It was gonna be either Greninja, Charizard, or Pikachu for you. Why did you have to choose my secondary?

13 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

It was gonna be either Greninja, Charizard, or Pikachu for you. Why did you have to choose my secondary?

It really wasn't, pikachu is the entire framchise's mascot, if there was going to be any representative at all it would have to be pikachu. Charizard, even if it is my least favorite gen 1 starter, is one of the poster childs of gen 1 and pokemon trainer's combo was pretty solid in brawl imo. I just really don't like gen 6. and I love Pichu so it was never going away, it honestly was either Greninja or Lucario but I remember actually enjoying Lucario in brawl and me not much enjoying playing sm4sh cause I only had the 3ds version