Delay SSBU

LOLZLION

I had a mini rant yesterday, but now I'm gonna talk about all the characters, not just shadow and what we can do to get them i n. Like other people have said, this direct has had many whys:

Why did Sakurai say he wanted Geno in, then do nothing with the character?

Why did Sakurai only have 2 characters that will be in the base roster in the last direct?

Why did Sakurai show the Knuckles assist trophy and not the Shadow one and show Isabelle a former assist trophy if Shadow was just an assist?

Why did Sakurai put a potted plant as the first dlc fighter instead of a wanted character like Geno or Skull Kid or Bandanna Dee?

All of these are going without answers. Well you know what? I'm not gonna stand and watch these fanbases get betrayed. Now I know you're thinking. " It's over. Just pray that these characters get added as dlc ". Well I say NO! There is something we can do about it but only if we as a fan base collectively work together to get Sakurai to either delay the game t add the characters people actually want ( Shadow, Geno, Isaac, Waluigi ) or get him to at least promise to take out their assist trophies and add them to the game. Anyone who feels cheated by the direct and who wants these characters in, we can do it! We must go on every social media outlet to get Sakurai's attention! If we all collectively fight for the smash game we deserve and that we know Sakurai can give us, then Sakurai is sure to listen to the fanbase. After all, he seems to want the smash community to be happy. And incase that doesn't work, we need to hit Nintendo where it hurts: their wallet. Cancel your pre order. Get other people to join the cause and to help us get the smash game we deserve! If we work as a community, it just might work. I know it's unlikely, but I'm sure if you were to go back in a few days  and tell your past self that there would be only 3 characters in the november direct and one of them would be piranha plant he/she wouldn't believe you and tell you how unlikely that is. We can do it but only together. #shadowforsmash #genoforsmash #isaacforsmash #waluigiforsmash!

Not to be rude but this sounds like someone complaining because they set their own expectations higher than what you got. Incinerator is a fine choice and I don’t even like the Pokémon, the plant is also very innovative choice too. Sakurai isn’t obligated to add any characters to this game nor should he be obliged to add the characters the community wants. Just be happy with you got because this games roster is phenomenal to the point where even the clowns have their own distinctions. We’re also getting 5 new dlc characters for the future. 

2 minutes ago, SoraBell said:

Not to be rude but this sounds like someone complaining because they set their own expectations higher than what you got. Incinerator is a fine choice and I don’t even like the Pokémon, the plant is also very innovative choice too. Sakurai isn’t obligated to add any characters to this game nor should he be obliged to add the characters the community wants. Just be happy with you got because this games roster is phenomenal to the point where even the clowns have their own distinctions. We’re also getting 5 new dlc characters for the future. 

I know. I just feel cheated by the hints at shadow and geno. I feel like they should have at least taken out shadow and isaac's assist trophies so there could be a possibility that they could be dlc. If he just did that I'd at least have hope. 

In retrospect this was a completely unrealistic expectation. I just needed to get that rage out of my system. This honestly looks like a great game and hopefully the characters above can get in as dlc. Maybe they could take out the assist trophies and make them playable. 

I mean... I'm not saying your emotions about this aren't real, because it certainly sounds like they are.

I just don't see it as "betraying a fanbase" when a character isn't included, regardless of how much Sakurai or anyone has stated in the past that it could be a good idea. Smash sort of sits in this weird zone where as far as a sequel to four previous games go, this one looks like it's going to be significantly better, include tons and tons of QOL changes that fans have been requesting for a long time, and yet, it's playable characters not getting in that leads people to feel these emotions.

I mean, it makes sense -- a character getting into the group of playable characters is a cool thing for sure -- the developers signifying that they believe that that character belongs. But, much as a character getting an Assist Trophy slot may remove it from that group, like, that's still super cool that it's getting represented anyways! As long as Assist Trophies, Pokeballs, Spirits etc. there will be characters that need to fill those spots. While the playable characters do matter MORE, especially to the competitive experience which doesn't use those other things much, they are still part of the games expansive lineup of features celebrating the histories of Nintendo and gaming as a whole.

I'm sad, too, that Skull Kid got the assist trophy slot for example. But, I look at the fact that they brought back every single character from all past games and are clearly listening to the fans, and I find that there can be peace in those characters not getting the playable spotlight quite yet.

2 hours ago, SoraBell said:

I’ve gotten over my initial Rage, But Incineroar, a Good Choice? Really?

They say he’s unique, but Grapplers aren’t actually new to Smash Bros. We already have Bowser.

Do you even see his design? It’s a terribly designed Pokémon. It doesn’t look Badass, It looks Generic, like a Bipedal Fire/Fighting Starter. It isn’t Fire/Fighting, but it might as well be.

Even if Decidueye would be another archer, at least he looks decent.

Also, I don’t think we need another Dark type. Unless you are Darkrai. Then you are cool.

If Sakurai gives us another DLC Pokémon and make’s sure that It has a good design (Thereby fixing the Pokemon representation in this game), I might forgive this.

He could Add Decidueye, Tapu Koko, Azelf, Zoroark. So many options.

On 11/2/2018 at 3:37 PM, ShadeStrider said:

I’ve gotten over my initial Rage, But Incineroar, a Good Choice? Really?

They say he’s unique, but Grapplers aren’t actually new to Smash Bros. We already have Bowser.

Do you even see his design? It’s a terribly designed Pokémon. It doesn’t look Badass, It looks Generic, like a Bipedal Fire/Fighting Starter. It isn’t Fire/Fighting, but it might as well be.

Even if Decidueye would be another archer, at least he looks decent.

Also, I don’t think we need another Dark type. Unless you are Darkrai. Then you are cool.

If Sakurai gives us another DLC Pokémon and make’s sure that It has a good design (Thereby fixing the Pokemon representation in this game), I might forgive this.

He could Add Decidueye, Tapu Koko, Azelf, Zoroark. So many options.

Bowser is not a grappler anymore.  They took away his upthrow and made him a brawler.  Right now DK and Incineroar are the only grapplers and Decidueye would have been the 31st Zoning Spacing character announced as well as the 5th Plant Based character.  (Piranha Plant gets that title ha ha)

incineroar shines because he brings elements to smash that are unrepresented.  And what makes Incineroar stand out from the other gen 7 starters is his personality and overwhelming charisma.  He’s just so damn happy to be himself and have people watch him do his thing.  Decidueye is emo and brooding, and Primarina is just happy all the time.