Installing mods on a Wineskin version of Reborn?

ausar999

Hey all, 

Recently coming back to Reborn after rage-quitting for 2 months over Charlotte's gym battle (how the heck was that Typhlosion so fast?!?), and I'm trying to install the modpack found here: 

Mainly to fix the whole perma-rain weather bug locking me out of using any fire types and that Spinel Town department sticker event, but there seems to be a lot of other QoL stuff in there, which I'm excited to use. 

Problem is, I'm not running Reborn through usual means- I'm running it on a mac using Wineskin. I followed the steps on this website: https://forums.p-insurgence.com/t/running-pokemon-insurgence-on-macos-10-13/18299 (for both Insurgence and Reborn, though that site refers to Insurgence). The game's been running completely fine through my 120+ hours of playtime so far. When I try to install the modpack- selecting which mods I'm interested in, dropping the Mods folder into Pokemon Reborn\Data- nothing changes. No weather options in the Pokegear, no stat changes listed in battle, etc etc. 

This problem also arises when I attempt to update episodes- I've been playing ep17 since well after the release of ep18, since updating the game through normal means also doesn't do anything.

Am I just softlocked out of certain parts of the game thanks to that weather bug and this inability to install mods?

...I'm going to assume you installed the mods in the mods folder and the one lockout mod to read the terms of service for using the mods (or whatever that is). I'm guessing that it's just not able to combine and make sure of the scripting as the files are different on a Mac though I'd need a Mac user who uses mods to confirm that. I know the weather bug can fix itself in E18 but hell if I remember how I did it. The only option is to send someone a save and have them get the sticker for you unless we have a Mac user who is willing to walk you through. Or actually...just replace this file with the one in the data folder and that should at least let you get the sticker. I just removed the weather requirement

Map271.rxdata

10 minutes ago, Commander said:

...I'm going to assume you installed the mods in the mods folder and the one lockout mod to read the terms of service for using the mods (or whatever that is). I'm guessing that it's just not able to combine and make sure of the scripting as the files are different on a Mac though I'd need a Mac user who uses mods to confirm that. I know the weather bug can fix itself in E18 but hell if I remember how I did it. The only option is to send someone a save and have them get the sticker for you unless we have a Mac user who is willing to walk you through. Or actually...just replace this file with the one in the data folder and that should at least let you get the sticker. I just removed the weather requirement

Map271.rxdata

Thanks for the help! I'm certain I didn't install the auto-crash mod though, since the game, well, doesn't crash. It still runs fine, it's just that nothing's different from the vanilla version.

I plopped that Map271 file in and tried it out- it's still raining in Spinel Town, but the lady on the bench is there (step 1 complete, I guess?) talking about the chaos of Spinel Town (see attached image. It's that lady, right?) Except now she doesn't teleport into the forest to break her leg like she's supposed to, she just stays there. I can't prompt the event for some reason. I'm well past the gym (and that stupid froslass that crits EVERY TURN) and defeating the Pulse Abra, so I guess if that's what's preventing the teleportation from happening, I might be SOL.

I'm also attaching my game.rxdata if that helps.

Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 3.54.22 PM.png

Game.rxdata

I personally don't use mods for Reborn so I don't have too much experience on the topic, but my best advice would probably be to do all the modding in a reborn folder outside of a wrapper and then make a new wrapper with that folder.  Make sure you transfer your save over to the new wrapper and hopefully everything will work well.  If this wasn't clear and/or you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

1 hour ago, Tacos said:

I personally don't use mods for Reborn so I don't have too much experience on the topic, but my best advice would probably be to do all the modding in a reborn folder outside of a wrapper and then make a new wrapper with that folder.  Make sure you transfer your save over to the new wrapper and hopefully everything will work well.  If this wasn't clear and/or you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Okay, I redownloaded and rewrapped everything and successfully got a modded version of Reborn (E18) working! Only problem is, it's not recognizing my old savefile that I imported from the previous wrapper. 

I put my old file in (wineskin)\drive_c\users\myname\Saved Games\Pokemon Reborn, and it's even right next to the save file of a brand new game I just started, but it still doesn't show up as an option to play in the main menu. (See attached pic)

So close to getting everything working though! I really appreciate the help 😄

edit: nevermind! forgot to add the old game.rxdata as well as the "ausar...122h 13 badges" file as well. Fixed it, thanks so much for the help! Mods are working fine too!

Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 5.25.22 PM.png

Edited by ausar999
premature reply

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ausar, let me know if you need help with anything else. I run reborn inside of a wineskin, and before episode 18, i had 3 different mods running at once *relatively* smoothly. unfortunately those mods haven't been updated for episode 18 yet.