Is there a pokemon that you have a constant name for

Samtale

• Developers

Maybe this is thing that not many do but I was curious if anyone does this as well and I was curious about your reasoning as well.

For me I always name my smeargles Bastian due to my love of the book "The Neverending Story" also not to spoil the book but, sketch makes smeargle so much like Bastian from that book.

As it's my favorite Pokemon, I always name each Swampert I own Achilles. It's a strong and powerful warrior with one crippling weakness in grass (a true Achilles heal if there ever was one). In addition, if you've seen Mega Swampert, you know it's heels are weak AF.

Whenever I get a female Excadrill, I would name it Toph from Avatar: The Last Airbender, who can earthbend and metal-bend, hence the dual typing of Excadrill. Also, she was raised by moles 😉 If it's a male Excadrill, I would give it a masculine name for Toph, so I would use Tup. 

• Like 1

My first pokémon ever was called "Lux" because I had a toy that was called "Pokedex Deluxe" and as I didn't speak english at the time I just went with the cool-sounding name, so now everytime I'm able to get Feraligatr, at least one must be Lux.

Also, Toph or Beifong for Excadrill or Amaterasuu for Volcarona.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

-Ever since I had it pointed out to me that Garchomp and its mega echo Ryuko from Kill la Kill's Senketsu and the spiky variant she used to beat Ira Gamagoori, every Garchomp I get is named Ryuko.

-Any dog pokemon I use get named after dogs I've had; if it's a dark type, it's almost always Daisy because she is just terribly behaved.

-The first frog I get is always Billious Slick from homestuck

-Blaziken is always Foghorn Leg in reference to Foghorn Leghorn and also because that was my starter in my first run of reborn.

-Metagross is always "Quantum"

-Azumarill is always Azura

-Female Ampharos is always Aradia in another HS reference and also because she is a sheep. 

...yeah, I do this a lot

• Like 1

Swampert is always Muddy, coz why not when there is Water/Ground.

Togekiss is always Graceful, coz have you seen it??? so graceful.

Gardevoir is always Angel, coz it's my guardian angel.

Dragonite is always Draco, short for dragon.

Gengar is always Spooky, I mean just look at that face.

Chandelure is always Blaze, coz it's shiny has blazing hot red flame.

• Like 2

Usually named my Pokemon random shit that would never be re-used but lately I've got some keepers

Swampert will now always be known as "FISHURE" (in all caps because it seems better). I punny mix of two words related to the Pokemon (also the carry of my first reborn playthrough :D) 

Decidueye will now always be known as "Tokoyami" because I'm a sucker for bnha and both birds have that "edgy" look to them 

Garchomp will now always be known as "YARCHOMP" because it was the name of the Garchomp that I caught early into a randomizer and would then carry me throughout the entire game w/o dying 

Excadrill will now always be known as "Molar Mass" because hehe Chemistry

Arcanine will always be known as "fanservice" because it was the name of a recent Arcanine which grew on me throughout my adventure 

• 2 weeks later...

Crobat I usually name Gotham, as a batman homage.  And Mimi for mimikyu,  if it's a girl.  

Pangoro females I always named Jolyne, I'm even using one in Reborn atm. It's a reference to Jojo's bizarre adventure, as Jotaro(who pangoro takes some inspiration from) has a daughter named Jolyne. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If I find a Pichu, I will name him Sparks. I remember in GPXPlus doing that, had him evolve all the way up to a Raichu. I also bred him and kept one of  the eggs, and raised that little Pichi which I forgot what I named him into a Pikachu. I'd usually keep both in my party as I thought having the father and son was a cool idea lol. 

I will also typically name my Cyndaquil or Charmander "Scorch".  Whichever one I get first, always Scorch. 

@smeargletail My Sawsbucks are always named Vivaldi, due to my favourite piece of classical music, "the 4 seasons".

Or, if female, Viva Aldia. Which, in free translation from latin oriented languages, can be translated as "hurray every day". Which is a good mentality to have me thinks!

• Upvote 1

My constant name for Rapidash is Brook, I don't know why. And Kanto Persian? I call him Crate.

There's also my namesake, Ezlo, my Paraboom in Uranium.

Oh, and Old Orcus, Zapdos.

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

• Upvote 1

Milton to any Squirtle I have.

While playing my granma saw me and asked about what I was doing and what it was about, after the explanation I showed her my team and she saw Squirtle. She commented how he had an uncanny resemblance to a bloke she met called Milton and that my poke really had a "Milton face". So Milton still sticks with me ever since.