Caz

Pokemon Desolation v4.1.1

Does anyone happen to have the PBS files for Episode 4 of Deso? Kind of want to mess around with some fights but that's impossible without the PBS to my knowledge. 

6 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

You have to first gain access to the Fight club. Do that by progressing through the story.

Is the Fight club supposed to be the one in Black view?

4 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Is the Fight club supposed to be the one in Black view?

Nah, it's in the city after Blackview. Basically end-game stuff, or what passes for it currently since the game is a WIP. 

Right, so i'm at the part where i'm looking for Garret for the Black dress scrap, where is he? 

Never mind, found him.

Okay, So i beat the current episode, and i'd like to post some thoughts.

Spoiler

HOLY SHIT.  I sort of saw the dream twist coming, but waking up next to Aurora was.... unexpected.  I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode with the Lego, this completely changes the context of Nova's and Shiv's conflict. Is Nova our desire to stay in the dream while Shiv is our desire to wake up? Is Aurora our real sister? How much of the game was dreams and what actually happened? i mean our dreams do rely on our memories, we can't dream up something truly original. What exactly happened to us to cause us to dream like this? The people in the dream do seem alive and sentient so is it a regular dream or something caused by certain legendaries? whew, i enjoyed this ride, but i can wait for the next installment patiently, i just hope the creator is doing alright. Right, so in my play through, Scarlett ended up killing herself, because i forgot the bag but otherwise i had all the greens with her, damn. BUT i ended up sparing Nova. I just KNOW that is going to backfire on me, but damn it, Shiv seemed so passionate and i trusted him so far. What are the differences though? 

11 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Right, so i'm at the part where i'm looking for Garret for the Black dress scrap, where is he? 

Never mind, found him.

Okay, So i beat the current episode, and i'd like to post some thoughts.

Reveal hidden contents

HOLY SHIT.  I sort of saw the dream twist coming, but waking up next to Aurora was.... unexpected.  I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode with the Lego, this completely changes the context of Nova's and Shiv's conflict. Is Nova our desire to stay in the dream while Shiv is our desire to wake up? Is Aurora our real sister? How much of the game was dreams and what actually happened? i mean our dreams do rely on our memories, we can't dream up something truly original. What exactly happened to us to cause us to dream like this? The people in the dream do seem alive and sentient so is it a regular dream or something caused by certain legendaries? whew, i enjoyed this ride, but i can wait for the next installment patiently, i just hope the creator is doing alright. Right, so in my play through, Scarlett ended up killing herself, because i forgot the bag but otherwise i had all the greens with her, damn. BUT i ended up sparing Nova. I just KNOW that is going to backfire on me, but damn it, Shiv seemed so passionate and i trusted him so far. What are the differences though? 

Spoiler

tbh i took it as us recalling what we experienced so far to aurora, but we were playing what we were telling her etc, or she used her powers to manipulate us to tell her, as since we kinda woke up from a dream, if that makes sense

8 hours ago, Ruby Red said:

Hide contents

tbh i took it as us recalling what we experienced so far to aurora, but we were playing what we were telling her etc, or she used her powers to manipulate us to tell her, as since we kinda woke up from a dream, if that makes sense

Spoiler

It certainly would explain Shiv's knowledge of us before we even met. Aurora is an interesting case, because no matter what we do at the end we can't lose affection points with her, even going against her to spare Nova results in green text. Like i said, dreams rely on memories to work, so all we experianced could be just a recap, but judging from Aurora's dialogue, at least part of it is a fabrication. Also it's a cheeky way of invalidating our choices. On another note, i doubt Scarlett is truly dead, she's an excellent antagonist, and i think she'll be back in some form.

15 hours ago, Magus543 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It certainly would explain Shiv's knowledge of us before we even met. Aurora is an interesting case, because no matter what we do at the end we can't lose affection points with her, even going against her to spare Nova results in green text. Like i said, dreams rely on memories to work, so all we experianced could be just a recap, but judging from Aurora's dialogue, at least part of it is a fabrication. Also it's a cheeky way of invalidating our choices. On another note, i doubt Scarlett is truly dead, she's an excellent antagonist, and i think she'll be back in some form.

Spoiler

''at least part of it is a fabrication'' Tristan lmao

5 hours ago, Ruby Red said:
  Reveal hidden contents

''at least part of it is a fabrication'' Tristan lmao

Spoiler

Interestingly, The part with Tristan is one of the few parts that isn't commented on by Aurora, so some part of it must be true.

11 hours ago, Magus543 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Interestingly, The part with Tristan is one of the few parts that isn't commented on by Aurora, so some part of it must be true.

Spoiler

I agree, but i don't doubt Aurora didn't have a hand in showing his ghost, or at least that random encounter with him in cellia where he just vanishes

On 4/19/2019 at 11:11 PM, Ruby Red said:
  Hide contents

I agree, but i don't doubt Aurora didn't have a hand in showing his ghost, or at least that random encounter with him in cellia where he just vanishes

Spoiler

I'm actually starting to wonder if it turns out that our real life is just really mundane and our dream journey is just really wish fulfillment, it's like that scene in Pokemon i choose you where Ash is in a world where Pokemon don't exist. 

On 4/21/2019 at 1:19 PM, Magus543 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm actually starting to wonder if it turns out that our real life is just really mundane and our dream journey is just really wish fulfillment, it's like that scene in Pokemon i choose you where Ash is in a world where Pokemon don't exist. 

Spoiler

honestly i'd be so disappointed if that was the case lmao

Hello. The debug script file that was posted a few times in this thread appears to have been taken offline. Might someone be able to share it with me?

EDIT: Ignore me. Apparently I just needed to register an account to be able to download it.

Edited by Sufyan