[IC] 4x Magical Girl Crossover Battle☆Royale

Shamitako

Haven

This was going by a bit too fast. Both sides had only exchanged a few quick blows, and that Nova chick was already busting out the stereotypically massive laser of a finishing move! If she was doing something like that, then she was either confident or desperate- and neither her face nor the tone of her scream helped with figuring out which was the case, either. In any case, Rust and her partner answered the blast with a more technical technique of their own, duplicating the parasol many times over and pushing the beam to a near halt.

'So it's come to a clash of raw power, huh?' Haven mused as she circled around the trio, getting into position to easily Butt In with a Spearing Skewer if things seemed to go too far in Nova's favor. It seemed like she didn't have to worry, as the pair were able to quickly regain their slight advantage even after their foe poured more magic into the Hypernova Outburst, but there was no telling whether that advantage could be kept or not at this point. Better to be prepared for the worst then be off guard when it happens, after all...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haruka

"Haruka, that's a lovely name." Twoearle parroted Haruka's name back to her. She then took notice of a certain cat like creature, and before it had a chance to react, Kyubey had been captured by the scruff of its neck. "And what is this adorable little thing?" she asked, stuffing practically it's entire body into her bosom as she snuggled the creature in a suffocating hold.

Haruka scratched her head. "Um, thanks." Compliments, her bane. Though it's not like she could complain much about them, it was much better than being insulted. Or, you know, struck in the face by flying shields. Kyubey, for his part, seemed to be relatively content with the situation - Haruka wasn't actually sure the thing had to breathe - only wriggling enough to settle into the girl's arms in such a way that he could see his surroundings. 

"I'm Kyubey!" The telepathic voice was closer to the sorts of intonation Kyubey had used when Haruka had first met him. Cheerier, friendlier sounding - not the dispassionate tones that represented the creature's true nature.

"Make sure to crush it to death while you're at it." She couldn't really summon up that much venom about the Incubator at this point, but there was still a definite note of hostility in her voice. 

• 4 weeks later...

(OOC: Will doot the fight later today/tomorrow) 

Haruka

"Why would I do that?" Twoearle asked, clearly surprised at Haruka's animosity, "He's so cute and precious! He's even got these little twintail things, he'd make such a good mascot for Mr. Souji." There was a momentary twinge of sadness on Twoearle's face when she mentioned the name, but she didn't let it last long. 

It seemed pretty apparent from Twoearle's demeanor that nothing Haruka could say would convince her that Kyubey was anything other than an adorable pet. The buxom girl seemed pretty headstrong, or maybe completely oblivious. Neither would make her easy to reason with.

Sceleratis

With her business done, Sceleratis burst into another flash of light, leaving her "angelic" form to walk away... At least, before she jumped into the air, her wings propelling her away from the battlefield and back towards her Cathedral. Hopefully those two could settle their problems, because she wouldn't be around to deal with any fall out... Unless it specifically dealt with her. And with how close she was, it probably would. Nonetheless, she had something she had to take care of.

Specifically, the land of vines that she had intruded on when she was going to Francine and the helicopter girl's... "Assistance".

Thankfully, this time, she didn't walk through the vines and burn some of them away. Instead, she merely searched for the caretaker that she had left earlier, before lowering herself to be, at the very least, on a talking level with, though still in her transformed state and levitating above the vines, "Well, I'm back" was all she could really say as she looked down at the caretaker, her voice creating an echo effect on it's own as she brought a hand to the back of her head.

Sceleratis

The proprietor of the vines glared up at Sceleratis with her arms crossed. "Couldn't have done that the first time?" she said, her tone matching the state of her arms, "Hurting the jukai causes disasters in the real world. This may not be the way the jukai usually appears, but when people's lives are at stake it's better safe than sorry."

Sceleratis

In response to the girl's statement, Sceleratis sighed, "I... Had no idea. For reference, this isn't just something I can casually... Well, do. I need focus to use it, energy to keep it up, and I was in a hurry, I didn't expect to get snagged on the vi- Jukai, and-"

"What she means to say is: 'I'm an idiot'" Folkvangr chimed in. Wither or not the girl heard him was up for debate, but Sceleratis still stopped herself midsentence, before bringing her hand back down,

"My point is, I'm sorry. Had I known what these were, I wouldn't have even tried to harm them, and even if they were just normal vines, I still shouldn't have."

"He's not nearly as nice as he looks. He doesn't really lie, but he's not very good at telling you really important information." She did her best to glare at the creature, but once again had trouble summoning up a lot of actual anger at the thing. Mostly, she just felt tired. Haruka stood quiet for a few more moments, unsure of where to take the conversation from here. Something told her that this girl wasn't liable to listen to her about Kyubey, who was currently doing his best to snuggle up to her chest like an affectionate cat. "I don't think he can do it here, but don't let him offer you anything." Quickly running out of conversational topics, the blue-haired girl started to stall out again. "So, um. . ." What was there to talk about? Their impending deaths? ". . . What do we even do now?"

Nova (vs. Veronica, turn 3, Clash)

Although her foes were putting up a good fight, Nova knew that she was going to win. Their power was certainly strong enough to overcome hers, but they couldn't match her speed in powering up. It was unfortunate, they seemed to be a really good pair, it wouldn't be much fun to tear them apart.

Nova recalled how she had first gotten to this place. A victory, but at the cost of her life and the lives of several people she cared about. She liked fighting, but she wasn't sure she was still a fan of winning. If only she'd listened to Parsley-sensei when he tried to stop her, she wouldn't be at risk of hurting more people. It was too bad that this world was so deadly, she would have liked another chance at fighting. With a sigh, she cut off her energy output and let her opponent's attack overwhelm her. She gave them a smile as she went out, thanks for giving her a good fight.

Nova forfeits the clash, she takes 3 (44-43+2-0) damage, killing her

HP: 0/5

Dice: 4, 2, 3, 1

Magic: 7 (9*80%)

Veronica and Rust (vs. Nova, aftermath)

Though they were pushing themselves as far as they could, Rust and Veronica knew they were soon to be overpowered. It sucked, having their second chance blown away by an overzealous neighbor, but they had both been pretty resigned to just dying outright before they ended up here.

Yet suddenly, Nova's beam was gone and Veronica shot forward, I'm paling the girl through the stomach. It was so unexpected that it completely shattered the pair's resonance, not that it mattered at this point.

With a smile of gratitude, Nova vanished from existence, in her place floating a soul.

Veronica returned to her human form to ask the obvious question: "Why would she do that?"

"Pay it no mind." the response came from Nova's elderly familiar, "She simply didn't want to ruin an enjoyable fight with a sad death."

"Well she failed." Rust replied with a shake of her head, "She didn't have to be our enemy, she was just so impulsive."

"Indeed." the old man agreed, "Impulsive, reckless, a bit stupid at times. But far from heartless. She'd appreciate that you found her death saddening. And she'd hope you use your winnings well." he gestured to the soul.

"Uh, that's a human soul, I really shouldn't..." Veronica said uncomfortably.

"No, it's fine. That's just this world trying to accommodate us, it just represents her gemstone, eating it will add hers to yours." Rust explained.

"You're sure?" Veronica asked. 

"I'm sure."

Though she was still apprehensive, Veronica trusted Rust. So she took the soul and swallowed it. As soon as she had, Nova's territory began to shift and change, merging into their own.

"If it's alright with you, I'd like to stick around." the old man brought attention back to his presence, "I'm a bit more keen on being alive than my student was."

"Can we do that?" Veronica asked.

"Sure, just consciously allow me to be part of your territory. You have almost total control over it, right?"

"I guess." Veronica closed her eyes and concentrated for a moment before saying, "I think I did it?" 

Nova's land vanished completely, fully integrating into Veronica's, but the old man didn't vanish, so it seemed Veronica was successful. An awkward silence followed as nothing more was necessary to say. 

Veronica and Rust recover 4HP and 3 Mana Dice 

HP: 6/8

Dice: 3, 3, 5, 2 (need 3)

Sceleratis

The girl sighed and uncrossed her arms, her face softening significantly. "Apology accepted." she said graciously, "I'm Mahou Shoujo Tanpopo☆Mayu, the frog is my fairy, Moriya. If flying is difficult then feel free to land, just watch your step and try to stay on the bigger vines."

Haruka

As expected, Twoearle still seemed unconvinced about Kyubey, but nonetheless nodded when told not to accept any offers from the creature.

"Well, it's pretty clear that we're supposed to be fighting our neighbors, but I'm not sure how well that will go." Twoearle answered Haruka's awkward question, "I designed the tail gear to fight elemelians, Dark Grasper's glasses gear was a struggle to defeat even with three. If only Mister Souji were here, I'm sure he would find a way..." Twoearle trailed off into uncertainty. 

Sceleratis

With a nod, Sceleratis lowered herself to the ground, a quick burst of light coming from her as she reverted back into her human form, one hand resting on Folkvangr while the other hung at her side, "Magical Girl Hunter☆Sceleratis. The "Hunter" part comes from my history of Demon Hunting" she greeted, extending her hand for a quick shake. 

"Elemalians?" It wasn't a term she'd heard before, as evidenced by the way she stumbled over replicating the girl's pronunciation. "Tail gear" was unfamiliar, too. Though she supposed it wasn't too odd; the depressed girl had her cat instead of Kyubey, but the first other magical girl she'd met had known of witches as well, and the creature with her at least looked superficially similar to the little plush bastard. "Where I'm from, we fought witches." There was a pause just long enough to be uncomfortable. "What are Elemalians like?"

Haven 

It was always awesome to witness these massive clashes of power as a bystander, even after all this time. They were rather rare back home, of course- even if group combat hadn't been the norm, it simply wasn't very common for powerful people to feel threatened enough to go that far in a spar. Perhaps even more awesome than that, however, was the fact that Nova just... gave up, despite being the one who started this whole mess in the first place! Haven couldn't help but hesitate in surprise as the myriad parasols ran through the aggressor's body and seemingly left nothing but a shimmering blue orb...

...Nova's soul, no doubt.

And then Veronica ate it.

"Too many things are happening all at once..." she muttered as she jumped onto the (newly expanded!) ground and started to make her way toward the surviving trio.

Bulla pulled out from Haven's helmet, though the girl remained transformed. "I'll admit, I wasn't expecting things to end quite like this either. I guess the crystal's exact form is based on the victor's usual objective items?"

"So now the umbrella's eating rocks? This is managing to get more and more absurd as time goes on!" Both of them fell silent as they closed the rest of the distance. "Well, um, congratulations on your victory," Haven, ever the master of starting conversations, stated awkwardly.

Sceleratis

Mayu looked a little confused by Sceratis's extended hand, and it took her a minute to realize she was expected to grab it with her own. "A demon hunter?" she repeated, her grasp of the concept apparently as weak as her handshake, "That's a weird thing for a magical girl to be. Is it hard?"

Haruka

"Elemelians are disgusting otaku perverts." Twoearle answered firmly, not a hint of self-reflection in her voice, "They're the members of Ultimagill, an interdimensional menace that goes around stealing the attribute energy of entire words and turning them into boring places devoid of creativity and happiness, all to fuel their depraved fetishes."

"Oh." She couldn't really think of anything to say in response to that. It sounded unpleasant, sure, but. . . that was the cosmic threat in her universe? Otaku? Nevermind that she seemed to act like one herself. . . Maybe that was a similarity. "Er. That's really different from where I'm from. I fought witches, monsters made of negative energy and despair. They don't really work together or anything, they just try to lure people into their barriers and kill them or worse." A strange note entered her voice as she spoke. "Kyubey knows more about them, but he doesn't like to tell you until it's too late." The creature in question glanced at her for a moment before continuing, seemingly forgetting about the statement immediately. Not that I want to talk about it, either. 

Sceleratis

"Yes, it is hard,  though I've been trained my whole life for the task" Sceleratis replied, clear pride seeping into her voice while she was making up for Mayu's weak handshake with her own strong grip, before returning her hand to her side, 

"Need I remind you that your 'task' was the sole reason you were killed?"

"Zip it, Folkvangr."

Haven

"Not much of a victory, we didn't even win." Rust answered, her frustration more than evident, "But what's done is done, even if it was stupid. We'll just have to do a better job of preventing a fight next time."

"What if the next person we encounter has a more malicious reason to challenge us?" Veronica asked.

"Well, I'm not gonna shy away from a fight." Rust said, her attitude becoming a little more positive, "We're from the DWMA, taking the souls of those who have turned to evil is what we do."

"Thats more like it." Veronica smiled at her partner, "This was regrettable, but we can't let it keep us down."

"You should probably get going." Rust told Haven, "If you want to survive this place you'll need to fight, and you don't seem especially evil so I'd prefer that fight be with someone other than Veronica and myself."

"Indeed," Veronica added, "I hope we can be good neighbors, even in this trying land."

• 1 month later...

Haruka

"Monsters made of despair, huh?" Twoearle mused, "That would certainly be troublesome to fight. I think the most unfortunate thing we've had to deal with was an old friend of mine who turned out to be our enemy." Twoearle looked around and then back at Haruka, her face saddening "I guess that's changed now that we're here."

Mayu

Mayu flexed her hand a couple of times, still uncertain about the handshake. "I guess if you trained your whole life for something you must be pretty good at it. I became a magical girl only a few minutes before my first time fighting."

Mayu grimaced, apparently remembering something unsavory. Perhaps that first fight hadn't gone well, or perhaps it had gone too well. In any case, thinking about it clearly upset her.

Sceleratis

Thankfully, Sceleratis wasn't blind on Mayu's grimace, "I was considered one of the best Knights of the Order, so yeah, I am pretty good at it. That doesn't mean that it isn't for everyone though... That's why some people need to do the job themselves" she replied, before trailing off as her eyes strayed to the side, finally taking notice of the larger castle in the distance.

For a second, she was silent, before her face grew serious, "Mayu, do you know how this world works?" she asked, ignoring the dark satisfaction Folkvangr let off upon her noticing the castle herself. He definitely knew something she didn't, but it was useless trying to actually get him to talk.

"Yeah. . ." The grassy hill felt strangely secure and comforting to her, but it still wasn't managing to prop her mood up through all this. This was actually worse than before; even knowing what witches were, she could still comfort herself with the fact that she was ending their suffering. There was no such consolation here. She'd managed to avoid fighting other magical girls before (though there were a couple tense moments of posturing), but it seemed that was going to end, too. Twoearle's words only made her feel even more despondent; it as if someone had thrown a literal wet blanket over the girl. She didn't think she'd ever fought an old friend. . .

Sceleratis

Mayu shook her head. "No idea. Normally the taisha would explain things to me, but they're not exactly here." she explained, a hint of fear grasping the edge of her voice, "The jukai is here but there's no sign of Shinju-sama or the Vertex, so I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do."

Her frog croaked as if trying to say something, but, seeing as none of them were frogs, no one understood what it meant.

Haruka

Twoearle sighed and set Kyubey on the ground so he could return to Haruka." I'm going to wake Miss Chihiro so we can try to figure out how we're going to handle this. I wish you the best, but maybe we should stay away from each other unless we're planning to fight."

• 4 weeks later...

Sceleratis

"... I see" Sceleratis replied, her finger tapping the hilt of Folkvangr a few times before she rolled her shoulders, "I don't have much of an idea myself, but I know that this is some kind of... Alternate world of sorts... Like some messed up afterlife" she explained herself, still staring at the castle in the distance, "However, I don't have a clear idea on how everything works. But... So far, all I've gotten is bad feelings. Like from that" Scel continued, pointing to the castle as she did so.

And then, with that, she finally turned back to Mayu, cold and hardened determination set in her eyes, "So, because of that, I want to make an offer with you, Mayu. An offer of alliance, both for mutual protection, and as my... Apology for earlier."

Kyubey did a good impression of a cat that didn't want to be set down, but allowed himself to be lowered to the ground nonetheless, padding back over to Haruka without the girl so much as glancing in his direction. "Yeah," she repeated. What else was there to say? "Um. . . Good luck." There was that, she supposed. "I guess I probably won't be able to talk to you again." After all, like the girl had said, they should avoid each other if they weren't planning on fighting. It didn't sound like she was up for a whole lot more chit-chat in the future. With one last glance at the odd pair, she started to shuffle back up the hill with the tree on it. Not much else to do but enjoy the view, such as it was, and wait, really.