[IC] 4x Magical Girl Crossover Battle☆Royale

Shamitako

Zeta

"A-aww, Naether you made them go away!" Zeta protested at the gem on her chest.

"Please spare me and focus on the two in front of you."

Zeta floated still at Galiah's accusation. She didn't know what the girl spoke of, nor why or how she wasn't human. "T-that's gotta be some mistake!" She reached out to Galiah, floating down and towards the edge of her space, towards Kanae's. "I'm totally human, look!" She pinched her cheek and pulled it around to show how meaty it was, doing it all with a big smile, though a droplet of sweat glimmered on her forehead. "You must be scanning something wrong-uuuh... Galiah?" She'd step into Kanae's space unless interrupted by Galiah, still reaching out to her, despite the blaster.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That's probably for the best." I miss Victoria. Haruka didn't strictly know that Victoria was - or at least, had been, judging by how she ended up - a magical girl, but too much of how she'd acted made sense. If she were here, they could have teamed up. Victoria was friends with her before this all. This girl, though, she wanted to avoid contaminating her thoughts as much as possible. "I'll let you know if I learn anything." She took an awkward step or two back, somewhat belatedly dropping back into her non-magical form. She heard the sadness in Octavia's voice, but Haruka, as usual, wasn't sure how to address it. She supposed it was similar to her own feelings on the matter. I just want to stop hurting people. She'd rarely had a clash more intense than some posturing between her and another magical girl, but in her own life. . .

She waved at Octavia. "I'm going to go explore." Turning away from the other girl, she took a moment to assess her own surroundings. A hill of flowers, a tent, a silvery tree. . . it was like something out of a fantasy novel. She squinted at the tree. Silvery bark, silvery leaves. That's a mallorn. If she had to choose any magic tree to camp under, she supposed it would be a mallorn. She took a few steps in a vaguely northern direction, moving down the hill slightly, when she heard the grass rustling next to her feet. "Your best chance of surviving is attacking Octavia right now."

"I know," Haruka said, rather dully. 

"If you continue to avoid fighting, you will likely be killed to empower another girl's soul gem."

"I know. Go away." The words were about as heated as water left on the counter for a few hours.

"I know much more about this place than you do. It is imprudent to keep refusing to speak to me."

"I know." She simply started up moving again, heading toward her destination. The inky black void seemed to be the easiest to deal with. It wasn't that dissimilar to looking through a portal into a labyrinth.

Haruka heads northeast. 

Haven

"...Okay, then." She hadn't expected the term to offend anyone, given how commonly used it was back home, but it did make sense in retrospect- after all, the chances of there being anyone else from that world here probably weren't very high. She'd have to figure out what if this place had a generalized term for them later. For time being, it seemed to be more wise to give this woman space.

"Right. Anyway, thanks for putting up with my inquiries. Hopefully you'll find a way for the rest of your day to be good despite these bizarre circumstances." She bowed stiffly, and tried to subtly motion for Rust to join in her departure. 'I have no idea how Cer does it...' she bemoaned to herself as she tried to prepare to defend against the neighbor's magical music.

Haruka

Octavia waved Haruka off and then retreated back into her forest. Though their partnership was uneasy, it was at least one fight Haruka wouldn't have to worry about yet. 

As she approached the land opposite, in the northeast, she felt an uneasiness come over her from the land due east, causing her to veer slightly towards the northern land as she made her way towards the blackness. This turned out to be a mistake, as crossing over the temple ground caused her to immediately feel sickened and weak as her vision turned bloody red.

Disoriented, she stumbled into the shadowed land, rapidly becoming encased in whirling emptiness that seemed to have no end. She couldn't see where she was going, but eventually managed to find a reprieve in the eye of the storm. Even at the center, the land was still dimly lit, and it took Haruka a moment to take stock of her surroundings. 

She wasn't alone, another girl dressed in all black was sitting at the center of the land. She was inside a cardboard box and was hugging her knees, a dedicated rain cloud floating above her head to ensure she was drenched in her own misery. A tabby cat was laying beside her as she moaned to herself. 

"Death sucks." the emo girl complaimed, "I didn't want an afterlife, I don't deserve a second chance. I'm a bad person, dying should be the end of it." 

She was too self-absorbed to notice Haruka's arrival. And though the cat seemed to have picked up on the newcomer, it gave no indication that it planned on informing the girl in any way. 

Haven

"Goodbye. And good luck to you." Goldie smiled and waved as Haven and Rust left.

Rust seemed confused by Haven's departure, but tagged along without making a scene.

The musical land that Rust inhabited tried its best to force Haven to join in the dance, but once she resisted it for a little while, it quickly faded to background noise and she felt she could speak to Rust normally. 

Octavia

"You know, she's going to hate us when she finds out the truth." Beta said as he and Octavia retreated back into the forest, "If there's anyone you'll have to fight, it's her. Wouldn't it be best to get it out of the way now?" 

"No." Octavia said adamantly, "I don't care what she thinks of me, I won't kill another magical girl."

"Even if that means dying again? Is Octavia Dune not also a magical girl?" Beta asked. 

Octavia didn't answer. Beta knew as well as she did that she wasn't a magical girl.

Haven

It took a moment, but it seemed that Haven was able to get enough of an immunity to the square's enchantment to actually hold a sensible conversation. She wasn't sure if all territory hazards were like this, but considering that the rain in her area never even seemed to threaten to soak her before she left, she figured that this was probably a special case. Regardless of the logistics, though, she couldn't help but feel a bit relieved anyway. She never had been the most graceful of dancers...

Judging from the look on Rust's face, it seemed she hadn't noticed Goldie's shift in attitude. Understandable, given how laid back the reddish girl seemed, but still a little annoying. "Um, sorry about skipping out back there. It seemed like i was starting to push a few buttons, and, well... I don't think making enemies would be too beneficial for anyone at this point. Figured it would be wise not to push my luck."

There was something else to the pale lady's shift in mood, though, and Haven wasn't quite sure what to make of it. She seemed to think that she had something to hide, which didn't make a whole lot of sense if they all had similar amounts of information accessible (though Bulla never had been one to paint the whole picture). Which meant that it was probably something about herself. Strategically, it was a good idea to keep your capabilities hidden at this point, but seeing as it was the mention of Stanza that triggered the change... was there possibly something wrong with their pact? Or maybe she was just used to trying to hide her magical nature that the urge came up even in such a nonsensical moment? Whatever it was, it was probably a mystery best saved for a later time.

Haruka simply swayed in place for a moment. She wiped at her eyes, to make sure they weren't actually bleeding, trying to avoid groaning aloud. A weak stomach was never something she'd really considered herself to have, but this was messing with her. She almost tried to walk up and find a place to sit down, before stopping herself and acknowledging that the other girl might be hostile. As it were, it took a moment to regain her bearings, and another of her awkwardly watching the girl mope for her to do something else. "Uh. . . are you okay?" She squinted at the cat briefly. Magical feline-looking creatures were high on her list of dislikes, at this point. Speaking of the devil, Kyubey appeared, that familiar unblinking stare fixed on the crying girl - though the Incubator didn't seem to have a comment it felt like sharing, for now.

Sceleratis

The weight that Sceleratis was met with caused her to let out a slightly surprised grunt. She certainly hadn't expected the girl to be THIS heavy, though it explained why the fairy had difficulty doing the job herself. Nonetheless, thanks to her superior strength, the Devil Hunter was able to flip the girl over for the fairy, leaning back as they went to work and flexing her hand idly. 

And then, a helicopter rotor burst out from the girls back, spinning and lifting the girl off the ground as she responded, causing Sceleratis to instinctively stand up and take a cautionary step back, eyes steeling as the girl woke up and, after taking in the situation, annihilated both of the warring soldiers before focusing her new weapons on her.

"Congratulations, you've made an enemy."

"Shut it."

Despite the weapons pointed at her, Sceleratis barely even flinched when the girl asked her question, "A strange question to phrase, but I was the one that helped your companion here get you back up. My name is Sceleratis, A Knight of the 'Order of the Sword', and Devil Hunter" she greeted, her hand resting on the hilt of Folvangr.

Galiah

Galiah ignored the alien's protests. If ALICE said it was an alien, then it was an alien. She put her helmet back on and keyed in her WARP to transport her behind the alien. It seemed like the alien's territory allowed it to float around freely. Galiah was used to fighting in zero gravity, so that was actually beneficial. She vanished into a portal, just as she had when she first jumped down from her perch, and reappeared behind the alien. She pulled the trigger on her BEAM, firing a blast of purple Beam Energy at the alien's back.

Galiah uses Beam Energy Arc Melter on Zeta, outgoing damage: 4 Magic

HP: 10/10

Dice: 6, 2, 3, 1, 3, 4

Haruka

"I'm fine. Go away." The girl in the box answered. She didn't even look up to see who was asking, just kept staring at her knees and looking miserable. The cat stretched and yawned, but still seemed disinterested in the situation. The dark and bleak world around and the emo girl at its center were clearly not interested in interacting with Haruka in any meaningful way.

Haven

Rust snickered. "You've already made an enemy." She pointed to her eyes, "I can see souls, Goldie is not the angel she appears to be. Not even close. Then again, I don't think anyone here is what they appear on the surface." She shrugged, "Words don't really mean much, but I can say pretty confidently that I'm pretty much exactly what I appear on the surface. Veronica has trouble being honest with her feelings though."

Rust looked over towards the candy shop, perhaps worried about her partner. Her face was pretty inscrutable, it was hard to tell what she was thinking. Her eyes narrowed and she said, "Speaking of Veronica, looks like she's found some action."

The front of the bakery exploded outward and a blue haired girl in a purple dress flew out of it into the air. Her arm had been turned into a parasol, and she raised it above herself, allowing her to float gently down to the ground next to Rust and Haven. A girl with wild bright red hair and an aura of energy around her appeared in the demolished remains of the storefront, laughing heartily. "This is gonna be fun, right?" she shouted cheerfully, "You'll make this fun for me, won't you? I'm the best, so give me the best fight."

"Well, at least you didn't make her mad." Rust commented.

"Honestly, I think that might have been better. Her name is Nova, and she lives up to it." The parasol girl replied, "What about you? Who is she?"

"This is Haven. Haven, this is Veronica." Rust introduced them to one another.

"Nice to meet you, Haven." Veronica said politely, "You may wish to stand back for a bit, this could get messy. I do apologize for the commotion, it can't be helped. We'll deal with the rabble swiftly and then proper introductions can be made." She looked to her partner, "Rust?"

"Ready when you are." Rust replied with a confident smirk.

Veronica glowed white and turned into a stream of energy that jumped into Rust's hand, solidifying again as a parasol. Rust took up a combat stance, holding Veronica out in front of her like a sword. Although they didn't look nearly as special as the red haired girl, Haven could sense a lot of energy emanating from them.

Nova

Nova laughed with glee as Veronica went flying. She took fighting very seriously, but that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy it. Fighting was what she lived for, she'd been so glad when Parsley-sensei said it was okay to fight Veronica after all. Veronica was tough too, Nova's punch didn't seem to have done anything. Though she hadn't entered Super Nova yet, so it was far from her strongest punch. She transformed into her more powerful form and stepped out into the light to see Veronica floating to the ground nearby two other girls and a... thing. One of the girls, her skin a reddish tone, seemed familiar with Veronica. Nova assumed they were friends or partners.

Nova marched out into Veronica's territory, it was a boring, empty place without any sweets. Some annoying music was playing, but Nova found it easy to ignore. When Veronica turned into a parasol, she was a little surprised, but she didn't mind fighting two people. That just meant it would be more fun. The reddish girl took up a combat stance, and Nova could sense that their power level was close to her own. That just wouldn't do. She clenched her fists and started screaming, turning her willpower itself into energy she could use to fight. Her aura grew even larger, easily dwarfing her opponents' now.

Content that her power was greater, Nova dashed forward and launched a punch towards her foes. She was nowhere near close enough for the punch to actually land, but that wasn't the intent. As her fist moved, it gathered energy from her aura, coalescing into an orb in front of it. The orb burst at the apex of her punch, launching into a beam of red and white energy targeted right at the reddish girl and the parasol.

Nova uses Flare Cannon, outgoing damage: 9 magic

Nova loses 10% Magic

HP: 5/5

Dice: 4, 5, 4, 2, 3, 1

Magic: 8 (9*90%)

Veronica and Rust

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc9Zdf0HbaA&feature=youtu.be

Rust raised Veronica up to guard, deploying her canopy as a shield against Nova's explosive attack. The music in the air altered its tune, changing to a much more battle-appropriate theme that seemed to permeate the air and strengthen their defense.

Veronica and Rust use Parasol Shield with 2 Dominion, blocking 5 Magic damage. Their [Prt] blocks a further 3 damage, reducing their total damage taken to 1

Once the attack had petered out, Rust collapsed Veronica again and lunged forward into melee range. Rust swung Veronica like a bat, attempting to smack her into Nova's side. Rust could see that Nova's soul was absolutely massive, so much so that it projected into an aura around her, but that didn't deter Rust. They'd fought others with overwhelming souls like this before. Hell, they even came close to winning one time.

Veronica and Rust use Parasol Swing, outgoing damage: 5 Execution

Veronica and Rust gain 1 Execution from Soul Resonance

HP: 7/8

Dice: 3, 3, 6, 5, 6, 2

Dominion: 0/2

Soul Resonance: 1/5 (+1 Execution)

Sceleratis

The helicopter girl kept her weapons trained on Sceleratis, but looked to the mechanic fairy for her opinion first.

"She did, she helped me wake you up." the fairy agreed emphatically, adding meekly, "Please don't get yourself into a fight."

"Alright. If Francine says you helped, I believe her." the girl said, though she still seemed suspicious.

The helicopter girl retracted her weapons and landed. She looked around, finally taking in the whole of her surroundings. "Where are we?" she asked, sounding totally bewildered.

"You don't look okay," Haruka said bluntly. She edged closer to the girl, still eyeing the cat suspiciously. She almost hoped that the effect she had on people would at least get her attention, before immediately berating herself for the thought. Don't pretend you know what's good for people. "I just want to figure out how long I can go without fighting someone." She declined to comment on the world around her, for now; were they reflections of the owners or something. Though, as she thought, a more pressing question arose. ". . . Actually, I don't know how to get out without wanting to puke."

Haruka

A hole in the shadows of the realm opened up, giving Haruka a clear path to the south, towards the manga shop that made Haruka feel like someone was watching her.

"There." the emo girl said, "Now please go."

The tabby meowed lazily.

"No, I don't want to." the girl answered it adamantly.

The cat hissed angrily, causing the girl to jump. 

"You don't have to shout..." After moping a little longer, she finally looked up at Haruka, "Sparkles wanted me to ask if you were here to talk or fight."

The cat meowed again.

"Also she'd like you to scratch behind her ears so she can talk to you directly." the girl translated.

Haven

Haven facepalmed and groaned inwardly, grasping at the centermost pin on her hat. If what Rust said was correct, then Goldie was certain to be a serious thorn in her side. 'Dealing with people really isn't my strong suit...' More importantly, though, if Rust was telling the truth about the whole seeing souls thing, then perhaps this trip wasn't so bad after all. That's a sort of power that's almost always going to find a way to be useful when people are involved, and notably shores up one of her own weaknesses- it would be selfish to ask for more of a potential ally this early in the game. Which, of course, meant that she had to be really careful to mess this up as well!

Which, in turn, meant that she shouldn't openly express her doubts about Rust being exactly as she appears quite yet.

Fortunately, the world decided that it would be best to postpone any more awkward conversations. Unfortunately, it was by way of exploding walls, free flying shortcakes, and a red-headed girl who was clearly waaaay too hyped up on sugar and adrenaline. And possibly even herself, judging from her insistence on being 'the best magical girl'. "Tch, 'action' seems like a mild way to put it," she muttered as the shockwave died out, letting her take notice of a second newcomer- most likely Rust's partner- descending towards them. Was that parasol part of her arm? That was certainly weird, but there were bigger things to worry about right now. 

She nodded in acknowledgement as the hasty introductions proceeded, as aware as the others that the blazing blood knight before them was not going to let them chat the time away while she was around. "I believe I understand the situation well enough. Feel free to call me if you feel you need help." She leapt to the side, both to get of Rust and Veronica's way (and the path of the aggressor's attacks) and to keep from reentering Goldie's territory. Tension mounted all around her, the music changed to a dramatic pace (were there guitars before?), Veronica revealed herself to be the parasol, and both parties began to radiate absolutely absurd amounts of power that she never would've bothered to put out even if she could. It was probably mostly theatrics in this place, but it was initially overwhelming nonetheless...

But even the strong have weaknesses, and she was going to see if she could pinpoint Nova's. But why wasn't...?

"Don't tell me that you forgot that your vision's restricted here already," Bulla's voice chided behind her.

"...Habits are hard to break." Haven sighed- this wasn't the time to be bickering. "Whatever. I'll just transform and get it over with."

"Understood." The sprite's form quickly changed to a mass of azure magic, then divided into six portions that flew into Haven's pins, initiating the girl's shift in attire.

Haven adjusted her newly formed goggles as magic seeped into her eyes, enhancing her vision significantly. 'Now, let's see here...' From what she could tell, Nova's power was more akin to a star's energy than standard light magic- brilliant and barely filtered, showcasing extremely little of the variance she could typically catch in this state. Which meant that if she wanted to pinpoint the wholes in the aggressor's magical defenses, she'd have to get creative.

Looking at Rust and Veronica revealed a bit of a curiosity- their guards manifested not like a mystical haze like most, but as a pair of spheres that seemed to be gradually approaching each other. Even with her gift, they seemed hazy and indistinct, leaving Haven with the impression that the only reason she could see them at all was because the pair drew their power from them- basing off of Rust's commentary earlier, Haven was looking at their very souls! She didn't take the time to dwell on the sheer surreality of the situation quite yet, however, and quickly scanned them for points that weren't quite as strong as the rest. Presumably, Nova has a soul as well, so a little bit of cross-referencing should...

'There!' Sure enough, there a couple marginally darker gaps in her aura that roughly corresponded with what she saw in the locals'. 'Looks like I've found a couple sunspots!'

'Sure, but you can't exactly relay that information without the Starmantle's telepathy or one of the Technomancer's gadgets,' echoed sardonically in her head.

'You can't just let me have my moment, can you?' Haven shrugged the sprite's ire away and refocused on the battle itself. It wouldn't do to be distracted when a shot is flying at her or her assistance was called upon, though it seemed like the former was a more likely outcome by a long shot at this point...

Haven gains 1 EXE from the Seamless Sight of the Shallow Seas

"I'm here to talk, I guess. . . I'm tired of fighting magical girls." She shuffled toward the cat, still suspicious. She leaned down toward the tabby as if it were a bear trap, simultaneously trying to keep as far away from it as possible and reaching her hand towards it. Irrational, maybe, but Kyubey and witch hunting had given her a healthy mistrust of things that seemed magical yet harmless. Eventually, taking far more time than was strictly necessary, her hand met the fur on the cat's head, and she gently scratched behind the ear. 

Sceleratis

Once the guns were finally moved from her, Sceleratis closed her eyes, letting out a small sigh, though if it was out of relief or annoyance was a mystery. Nonetheless, she looked around herself, "I'm unsure. I woke up not too far from here at that Cathedral" she stated, pointing back at the large Cathedral that shot up into the sky, "However, I'm not-"

"This place is a form of alternate world, made for the single purpose of granted the dead a second chance. The reason everything is different for each other is because each mark of land is shaped to accommodate its ruler. Had you actually paid attention to the magic flowing within the very air, this would've been obvious to you."

Folkvangr's sudden interruption caused Sceleratis to freeze in place, looking down at it as it spoke, before once more falling silent with a final quip. The end result was Sceleratis staring wide eyed at it, before sighing in clear frustration, placing a hand behind her head, "Nevermind, I have an idea of what this place is now."

(Ooc: short on time, will add more later) 

Haruka

The cat purred happily as Haruka scratched it. After a moment, however, the purring faded into words. "Oh that's good." Sparkles said, her voice that of an elderly woman, "Shadow, why can't you be this good at scratching my ears?" 

"Shut up." the emo girl pouted in return. 

"Forgive my grumpy friend." Sparkles apologized to Haruka, "She's always like this, but I think it's justified today, seeing as she just died."

"Dying sucks." Shadow affirmed, burying her face in her knees. 

Haruka wasn't quite certain about telling the girl she was bad at something if this moping was a perpetual issue, but she decided not to get into it at the moment. The cat - Sparkles - not being invested in the girl's emotional health wasn't something that shocked her. Though, at least her world seemed to work differently than Haruka's own. . . "Dying does suck," Haruka quietly agreed. She still wasn't quite sure what to do about Shadow - was that really her name? On the one hand, she felt like she should try something to comfort the girl, but on the other, social skills had never been a strong suit of hers. "Um, are you sure you don't want to talk, or something. . .?"

(OOC: haven't had time to get on a pc, so still no combat update, but didn't want to keep the rest waiting. Sorry Autumn)

Sceleratis

The fairy, helicopter girl had called her Francine, let out a snort during Folkvangr's explanation. "You put it so nicely, 'second chance.'" She said, "This is Hell, plain and simple. Whoever is pulling the strings is getting a kick out of this. Bet they'll love miss eternally cheesed off here." Francine laughed, "She can't go two minutes without taking exception to something someone said. A death game is perfect for her, because she'll gladly blow your brains out for an off handed remark."

A stream of bullets flew through the air next to Francine. The helicopter girl seemed to have been angered by the fairy's blithe comments.

"Quit with the warning shots." Francine replied, unfazed, "I don't want to be here. So fucking shoot me and let me out."

The helicopter girl's face fell. "I'm sorry, Francine... I just-"

"You couldn't help it, your temper got the better of you and you pulled the trigger without thinking. I know, because it always gets the better of you. And then when you bite off more than you can chew playing white knight for some poor idiot who didn't ask you to be insulted on their behalf, I'm stuck picking up the pieces and putting you back together."

"I didn't mean-" The helicopter girl was starting to tear up.

"YOU GOT US KILLED!" Francine shouted her down, "You got us killed, and you didn't even have the decency to let me stay dead!" 

The helicopter girl didn't respond, but she didn't break down either. Instead, her face turned cold and the signs of emotion completely vanished from it. She then turned and walked towards one of the meager fortresses that the earlier combatants had been fighting behind, taking a seat behind it herself. 

Haruka

"Everyone always wants to talk." Shadow whined, "Even when I got a cat it wanted to talk. Why can't you all just be quiet? I want to be alone."

A black arrow made of darkness materialized on the ground, pointing Haruka towards the exit Shadow had made prior. When she didn't move instantly, two more arrows appeared alongside it, aggressively reaffirming that Shadow wanted her gone.

Haruka looked down a bit, awkwardly shuffling toward the exit. "If you change your mind, um, you can come and find me." Her voice got a bit quieter. "I know what you feel like, kind of. . ." The thought was enough to remind her of the end of her career as a magical girl, and so her feet sped up a bit, as if she could distance herself from the memory. She let out one last "Sorry" before she finally crossed over the boundary of the area, nearly stumbling out of the zone of darkness.

Haruka

The darkness snapped shut behind Haruka, barely waiting for her to be put of it. Sparkles poked her head out of the black curtain to say, "Do come back later. Once Shadow's done moping I'm sure she could use a friend." 

The cat retreated back inside, leaving Haruka alone with Kyubey and the wall of the manga shop. The feeling of being watched returned, causing her to instinctively check her surroundings. For the most part things were unchanged, but the Greek temple had doubled in size, having consumed the area to its north. Unfortunately, while potentially threatening in its own right, that didn't tell Haruka anything about the uneasy feeling she got around this manga shop. 

Nova (Vs. Veronica, turn 2)

Nova ignored the attack, relying on her natural resistances to brush it off. That proved to be a mistake, as the parasol smacking into her side sent her tumbling across the ground.

Nova's Protection reduces the incoming damage from Veronica by 2, she takes 3 damage

Nova recovered quickly, refusing to let her miscalculation slow her down. Another energy punch launched out from her towards Veronica and Rust.

Nova uses Flare Cannon, outgoing damage: 8 magic

Nova loses 10% Magic

HP: 2/5

Dice: 4, 5, 4, 2, 3, 1

Magic: 7 (9*80%)

Veronica and Rust (vs. Nova, turn 2)

Rust quickly moved to follow-up her successful attack, sacrificing a defense to ensure she closed the distance. Nova's beam was not laughing matter, but even closed Veronica was able to deflect some of it out of the way.

Veronica and Rust's Protection reduces the incoming damage by 3, they take 5 damage

Powering through Nova's brutal energy punch, Rust swung Veronica above her head and down towards their foe.

Veronica and Rust use Parasol Swing, outgoing damage: 6 Execution

Veronica and Rust gain 1 Execution from Soul Resonance

HP: 2/8

Dice: 3, 3, 6, 5, 6, 2

Soul Resonance: 2/5 (+2 Execution)

Sceleratis

While Sceleratis blinked in surprise at Francine's response to Folkvangr, the sword merely let out a dark chuckle, "Hell? To a creature such as you, perhaps, but this place is nothing more than a joke in that regard" it replied, just before it was cut off by girl's bullets. The statement caused Sceleratis to look back down at Folkvangr and narrow her eyes, before shaking her head and watching the two in front of her argue. She'd have to question it in depth with her sword later, but there was more pressing things.

"I see there's a bit of hostile history between you two" Sceleratis commented once the girl walked away, looking back at Francine, "Since I have done my duty here, I believe it would be best for me to leave you two be. If you ever need my help for something, I'll be residing at the Cathedral" she offered, before preparing to walk away, "... I assume you no longer require my presence, right?"

"I don't understand. She actively expressed a desire to cease existing. Why didn't you attack?" The unblinking gaze turned up toward Haruka again.

"It's wrong." Haruka shuffled uncomfortably. She didn't like this place at all, though at this point she was used to Kyubey's. . . Kyubey-ness.

"Is it wrong to give people what they want?" That, at least, was enough to get the magical girl to whirl on the white creature, her armor appearing around her and her weapon brandished threateningly, though not pointed at Kyubey.

"It is when they want something like that!" Haruka got a bit louder than she intended, nearly startling herself. She continued at a lower volume, but still angrily. "People don't always want things that are good for them, you should know that much."

"I gave you precisely what you asked for." 

". . . I know." Quieter, almost defeated-sounding. She inhaled, as if she was about to speak further. . . but just sighed, shaking her head slightly. Her armor made faint clanking noises as she walked around the shop toward the entrance, thoughts of her past life not quite dulling the edge of the paranoia this place seemed to afflict her with.

Zeta (HP: 8; Mana: 6, 4, 5, 2, 3, 5; Enh is worth 4)

"W-" The girl's eyes widened as Galiah warped behind her. She had no time to react to the energy beam as it shot her out of her own territory and fully into Kanae's.

Zeta's Prt reduces the damage by 2; she takes 2 damage

(HP: 8-2=6)

She was pushed to her hands and knees. However, as she opened her eyes, she felt a surge of energy going through her body as her tranformation was triggered. "W-what is this form? I shouldn't be able to tranform without any type energy!" She protested initially, and although there was no reply from her familiar, she could feel her influence within herself, stopping her from hesitating to bring destruction to this girl who hunted her for being 'alien' despite her circumstances. "Kanae, stand back!" She said as she stood up and faced Galiah. She held a hand to the gem at her chest. "Starmancy!" The gem reflected an image of a night sky as Zeta closed her eyes. She felt the surge of energy within herself. This tranformation could create energy from within itself, not unlike the Shards which circulated type energy in her world.

Zeta uses Mana 2 to cast Starmancy and add +1 to all Mana Dice

(Mana: 7, 5, 6, 4, 5; Enh is worth 5)

• 1 month later...

Sceleratis

Francine looked a little surprised, apparently having forgotten Sceleratis was present. "Oh. No, we're fine." She said, though she was clearly still upset from the altercation with her partner. She showed that she really was done by turning away and focusing on the helicopter girl's hiding place. There was nothing more to do here for now.

As she was leaving, she noticed that the castle had grown much larger by taking over the land to its west.

Haruka

As Haruka approached the entrance to the manga shop, the silver-haired girl with the enormous breasts came careening out of the door, landing roughly on her behind in Haruka's own territory. A shout, "Tail on!" echoed from the shop, followed by a flash of green light, and finally a green shield with a black and white spiral on it flew out and smacked silver-hair square in the center of the forehead, knocking her out cold and causing a torrent of blood to spurt from her nose. The shield's thrower, an extremely short, twintailed girl with an extremely green color scheme whose bust rivaled even silver-hair emerged from the doorway, glaring at her fallen foe and cluching her chest defensively. Another shout finished this bewildering interaction, "Pervert!" green twintails spat.

Green twintails walked over to retrieve her shield, and finally took a moment to look around and notice Haruka's presence. Her face flushed bright red. "Oh... is this... your land?" green twintails looked awkwardly at the silver-haired girl whose head now rested in the pool of blood that had poured from her nose. She then looked back to Haruka, but didn't seem to be able to figure out what to say, so she just kind of shuffled uncomfortably.

Galiah (vs. Zeta, turn 2)

"Take care Galiah, the alien seems to be strengthening herself." ALICE warned.

"No problem, I won't let any contaminants overpower me." Galiah replied confidently.

"I would still like to advise the use of your BUFF."

"Alright, fine."

Galiah keyed in a command on her wrist and a purple energy began to gather around her, seemingly out of thin air. It condensed around the tank on her back and was absorbed, causing the tank to glow more brightly.

Galiah uses Beam Unlimited Form Finalizer with a 2 Mana Die, buffing her Magic by 4 [(4+0)/2+2]

HP: 10/10

Dice: 6, 3, 1, 3, 4

Buff: +4 Magic

Nova (vs. Veronica, turn 3, Clash)

Nova's protection reduces the incoming damage by 2, the remaining 4 damage trigger a Clash.

Nova once again ignored the parasol's attack, instead bringing her hands down to her side, condensing her aura's energy between them into an orb of raw power. A droning scream accompanied this action, her voice the manifestation of her willpower as she pushed against her limit. Before Veronica and Rust could fully close the distance, Nova shouted, "Hypernova Outburt!" and blasted the energy forward towards them in a massive beam of red energy that had enough power in it to sunder planets.

Nova uses Hypernova Outburst with a 5 Mana Die, Clash damage: 22 [10+7+5]. Total: 22

Dice: 4, 4, 2, 3, 1

Veronica and Rust (vs. Nova, turn 3, Clash)

With their opponent's attack so telegraphed, Rust had plenty of time to react. Dodging didn't seem a likely option, Nova's attacks were just as quick as they were powerful, she would no doubt be able to easily direct her charge attack into them if they tried to avoid it. The only option was to meet it head on.

"You ready for this?" Veronica asked, having come to the same conclusion as her meister.

"For you? Always." Rust answered without hesitation.

Rust transitioned from her attack to a different motion entirely, extending Veronica's canopy and setting her spinning on her tip. "Let's go, Soul Resonance!" The pair shouted in unison, a blue aura of echoing out from them along the wave of sound. Their bodies, minds, and souls resonated in unison as their cry raised itself up to match Nova's intensity. Veronica seemed to multiply, and suddenly Rust was surrounded by twelve twirling parasols.

Nova unleashed her mighty beam, and Rust started dancing what appeared to be a ballet. Following Rust's motions, one of Veronica's images launched up to meet the beam, spinning rapidly as it fought to overpower the mighty blast. 

Veronica and Rust use Twirling Dance with a 6, Clash damage: 20 [1.5*(5+2*2)+6]. Total: 24

Dice: 3, 3, 6, 5, 2

Nova (vs. Veronica, turn 3, Clash)

Seeing her opponents somehow manage to meet her attack head on, Nova laughed gleefully and pushed more energy into the beam. Win or lose, this had been an awesome fight.

Nova uses Hypernova Outburst with a 4 Mana Die, Clash damage: 21 [10+7+4]. Total: 43

Dice: 4, 2, 3, 1

Veronica and Rust (vs. Nova, turn 3, Clash)

Rust performed the next step of her dance, and another of Veronica's images launched up, switching places with the first, which spun back down to circle Rust again. Though it's spin speed had slowed when challenging the attack, it immediately began to speed back up once it was freed from the confrontation.

Veronica and Rust use Twirling Dance with a 6, Clash damage: 20 [1.5*(5+2*2)+3]. Total: 44

Dice: 3, 3, 5, 2

(OOC: A little math and you can see where this is going (unless I got it wrong, which I have done twice now), but Haven should have a chance to respond to the clash of two distinctly different and equally awesome powers, so Ima wait another post before I finish things)

Haruka looked between both girls with confusion for a moment, moving away from the shop and back into her own lands for the time being. "Uh, yes." she said after a moment. How much damage had green-hair actually done? Were they actually fighting over territory, or was there something else. Haruka kept her confusion to herself just long enough for the silence to get almost painful, then spoke up again. "Did I. . . What happened here? It probably had something to do with the groping she'd witnessed earlier. Without thinking, she glanced down at her own rather less prominent chest, then shook her head and went back to watching the green one, still slightly on guard.

Haruka

The twintailed girl laughed sheepishly. "It's complicated. Let me change back real quick." Another flash of green light and the girl had reverted to her normal form, which seemed to be that of an average girl slightly older than Haruka. Her outfit was now much duller, as was her hair, which was a much more boring brown and had significantly shorter twintails.

As this was happening, the silver-haired girl came to, seemingly shifting immediately from knocked out to on her feet. She rubbed her forehead and gave her attacker a hurt look. "That was mean, Miss Chihiro." she pouted.

Chihiro glared at silver-hair, and seemed to be about to launch into another assault before she suddenly yawned and flopped lazily onto the ground. "I'm tired, introduce yourself to the neighbors." Without waiting for a response, she curled into a ball and shut her eyes.

The silver-haired girl looked around and finally noticed Haruka. "Oh my, what a cute neighbor." she said, the devious, perverted, sneaky, dirty, suspicious, hungry look in her eyes preventing Haruka from taking it as a compliment. It faded so rapidly that Haruka wasn't even sure she'd seen it, being replaced with a smile that beamed like the sun. "Hello, it's nice to meet you. I'm Twoearle, the lazy one on the ground is Chihiro. Don't mind what you just witnessed, Chihiro was just surprised by my teasing because she was confused."

Twoearle's words seemed like a gross misrepresentation of the situation, but both she and Chihiro seemed to be over the matter, so perhaps it was best to let it go.

"Uh," Haruka responded eloquently. She wasn't great in most social situations, and her skills in that regard had probably actually gotten worse with being able to rely on people liking you by default, but she was fairly certain most people wouldn't really know how to respond. Especially since the silver-haired one kept referring to Chihiro but was obviously not talking to her. Apparently they had the same name? Or Chihiro was the other girl's given name. "I'm Chihiro Haruka." She laughed a little, though it came out rather more awkward and strained-sounding than she'd meant it to.