Missed Opportunity in Regards to Field Effects

KnightlyNobody

One thing that I find to be a missed opportunity in regards to Field Effects in Reborn is that are not that many fields that the player can set themselves with moves. By allowing for more fields for the player to set for themselves,it would allow for more approaches in regards to the games bosses. Right now the approaches are

1.Break/Change Said Field

2.Counter Team

3.Train Up One or Two Mons that bodies the Entire Fight

4.Go In with Default Team

By allowing for more Fields like the Rainbow Field,it will allow for more teams to be built around setting said Field Effect and then abusing the fuck out of them. Entire Runs of the game could be dedicated to this. Obviously not every Field should be allowed to be set by the player(Superheated,Water Surface,Fairy Tale Field,etc) all come to mind,and some fields should take a lot more work than others to set. However,expanding the amount of fields the player would allow for more variety,creativity,and options.

Rainbowfield.png

I dunno, (some of) the Terrain moves are pretty easy to abuse already. Besides, what makes the current mechanic great is that it emphasizes using Field effects to your advantage and overcoming the problems they might cause you. Setting up your own field means you can just brush those aspects aside.

In terms of creativity you have a plethora of options depending on if you prefer to transform fields (Water Surface to Murkwater surface for example) or just use them for your benefit (bring mons that have their moves and/or abilities boosted by the field).

• Administrators

personal preference, i think there's definitely room for some more to be creatable. but it's good mod potential. in fact, in the past @Inuki actually made a mod that if you used magic room while holding certain items you could generate any field. idk if that's even remotely up to date though.

5 hours ago, Amethyst said:

personal preference, i think there's definitely room for some more to be creatable. but it's good mod potential. in fact, in the past @Inuki actually made a mod that if you used magic room while holding certain items you could generate any field. idk if that's even remotely up to date though.

Thanks for the Suggestion,I have tried the mod out and it is pretty good and Magic Room is no longer completely useless

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developers

hey it's me, back from the dead to talk about things

Anyway I totally agree with you on this, not for official reborn probably because some fields BUSTED and probably best left uncreatable but when has that ever stopped me before

Once the full game:tm: is out I have a mod that I will hopefully actually make (haha....) that, among other things, will allow you to create most if not all fields with a system that's a bit more complicated than what she said above

please look forward to it :]

• Like 1