Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

• Veterans
On 3/1/2019 at 9:22 AM, leosaurd said:

I'm curious if you would add Ash-Greninja, and cosplay pikachu as part of this. they seem to fit the alternate forms thing after all 😛 

Maaaybe! If there are appropriate sprites for these already, then I'd include them in some way for sure. At the moment, I'm reluctant to add anything that needs more art when the art is already behind. :'3

---

Little update on how things are going:

Sprites for Zap Combusken, Rainbow Castform, Toxic Spritzee and Aromatisse, and Fist Primarina are done. I'm aiming to do a sprite a day myself, and sprites are still coming in from the others when they have time. I think I'll do a Decidueye one next for tomorrow's weekly sprite release. 

The plan right now is to get the main sprites sorted, followed by icons, then shinies, then shiny icons. 

I'm also looking to re-release Alt Infernape sometime this month, hopefully sooner rather than later, with a new Plate interaction with Slow Start. This will also work with the currently unavailable Regigigas. There may also be additional Plate interactions with weak or underpowered Abilities that will be released in v0.5.x updates. I've been looking at doing something with Liquid Voice...

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with this project long-term. The main goal has been to learn programming and project management, so I'd like to do more complicated things with the code and game design towards this end. I'm currently thinking about trying to rework the Type system a bit, maybe as part of v0.6, maybe as part of a later version, maybe as a separate mod. I have a few ideas on what I'd like to do with it, but I have to examine the code more to determine what may be most achievable and rewarding.

• Veterans

v0.5.3

New Sprites

Iron Blastoise, Mega Iron Blastoise, Shiny Iron Blastoise, Shiny Mega Iron Blastoise, 

Draco Serperior, Earth Crustle

New Plate Interactions

Slow Start interacts with certain Plates to provide stat boosts at the end of every turn:

Flame Plate causes Special Attack and Speed to rise.

Fist Plate causes Attack and Speed to rise.

Stone, Icicle and Iron Plates provide stat boosts only to Regigigas with Slow Start.

Long Reach interacts with Dread Plate to provide two stages of critical hit rate and a 20% accuracy bonus.

This works with both normal and Dread Decidueye forms.

Bug Fixes and Tweaks

Flame Infernape once again has Slow Start, with no Base Stat increases this time. Instead, try it with a Flame or Fist Plate!

Mega Zap Blaziken now has Reckless instead of Speed Boost. However, Zap Blaziken itself still has Speed Boost available as an Ability.

Mr. Biggles is no longer accidentally an Earth Garbodor. 

The last Partner Eevee event puzzle can no longer be brute-forced, and a couple more clues have been added to it.

The Plate Event in Neo Reborn's Malchous Forest no longer requires the Plate Event from Beryl Bridge to be accessed.

Talk to Sula at the above event after reconstructing the Railnet if the last Partner Eevee event hasn't activated for you.

Edited by BlueTowel
Mega Zap Blaziken's Recklessness

• Veterans

Tiny update this week. My hand's been hurting, making spriting slow, and I took a few days break to see if it improved, then I got kinda busy... Oof, life. 

Only a patch for this version, since the changes are minor. More next Sunday~

v0.5.4

Tweaks

Fist Plate battle slightly harder.

Partner Eevee event in Chrysolia Region is slightly easier by way of your party being healed between rounds. 

8 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Tiny update this week. My hand's been hurting, making spriting slow, and I took a few days break to see if it improved, then I got kinda busy... Oof, life. 

Only a patch for this version, since the changes are minor. More next Sunday~

v0.5.4

Tweaks

Fist Plate battle slightly harder.

Partner Eevee event in Chrysolia Region is slightly easier by way of your party being healed between rounds. 

its ok, as many would most likely agree: your well-being takes priority, some may disagree with this part as ive told other modders this and got such a response but dont overexert yourself cuz then that could lead to a half-assed project that u urself wouldnt be happy with and personally i feel that if the creator isnt happy with a project of their making then that generally takes away from the overall quality of whatever it is he/she is making and thus makes it less enjoyable for the fans

• Like 1

• Veterans
17 hours ago, Xander said:

If we have the pbs for the original Reborn, can we use it in this version along with rpg maker?

Several aspects of the Alt Forms mod will not be present in those files and so will not appear in game, causing errors where they are called for, such as new trainer types and teams, changes to wild pokémon encounters, Extra Move compatibility, new moves, and more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veterans

Hi! My hand is feeling much better and I'm back to working on this! 😄

v0.5.5 brings three new sprites - Shiny Pixie Rapidash, Pixie Chansey and Pixie Blissey! 

I'm working on sprites for Stone Torterra and Mind Incineroar, and for v0.5.6 I'm looking to get in a few more Plate Interactions with Abilities! 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Veterans

Hey! New update! 

v0.5.6

New Sprites

Stone Torterra,

Mind Incineroar, Shiny Mind Incineroar

Updated Sprites

Earth Crustle, 

Dread Decidueye, Fist Primarina

New Plate Interactions

Iron Plate: Light Metal (Speed +1 on entry), Heavy Metal (Defense +1 on entry)

Splash Plate: Liquid Voice (causes 1 turn of Whirlpool on the target, preventing them from switching and dealing extra damage at the end of the turn)

Toxic Plate: Sniper + Poison Attacks (100% crit rate!)

Too tired for words. Enjoy! More coming!

• Thanks 1

I just want you to know that this thread is straw that broke the camel's back of me finally making a profile on this site.

You and what you do here is fantastic. I get excited everytime I see this thread updated. The sprites are fantastic - I've never seen these mechanics this way in pokemon before - Primarina and Drapion are going to be op. I'm going to come back here again and again; thank you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veterans
On 5/1/2019 at 5:04 PM, Reconcookiemons said:

I just want you to know that this thread is straw that broke the camel's back of me finally making a profile on this site.

You and what you do here is fantastic. I get excited everytime I see this thread updated. The sprites are fantastic - I've never seen these mechanics this way in pokemon before - Primarina and Drapion are going to be op. I'm going to come back here again and again; thank you.

Thanks! I really appreciate that! 😄 I didn't want to reply until I had an update to the thread! On that note...

v0.5.7

New Sprites

Partner Pikachu

Shiny Charizard, Shiny Mega Charizard X, Shiny Mega Charizard Y

Updated Sprites

Draco Charizard, Mega Draco Charizard X, Mega Draco Charizard Y

Fist Electivire

Bug Fixes

Fisherman Santiago in Tanzan Cove should now be battleable if you've already completed his sidequest before installing the Altforms mod.

After mulling over a few different colour-schemes and designs for Draco Charizard, I decided to go with Reborn's shiny sprites for it as the forms! Rule of thumb for them, blue flames = dragon-type! 

I've included replacement shinies for normal Charizards in the patch. They're the canon shiny colourschemes! I was surprised to find out that both Megas have different colours to the normal!

Mostly this patch was to fix a bug with one of the Plate Battles. Let me know if you find any more bugs! 😄

that new partner pikachu sprite is so dang adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also i just now noticed u swapped the mega zard x and mega zard y typings............... im quite pleased by this swap and also very much approve of the pallette swap too

• Veterans
On 5/12/2019 at 6:34 AM, ArcBolt27 said:

that new partner pikachu sprite is so dang adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also i just now noticed u swapped the mega zard x and mega zard y typings............... im quite pleased by this swap and also very much approve of the pallette swap too

Glad you like it! The Hidden Ability and Mega Zard Y ability aren't as synergistic as normal though, so I may alter those in an upcoming update! 

On 5/15/2019 at 12:07 PM, Anthony810 said:

What is this about Defossilised Stuff?

These are Alternate Forms of Fossil Pokémon, achieved through the power of MagicTM

There are many theories as to why Fossil Pokémon are all Rock-types.

Maybe only Rock-types fossilised in the geological strata, or maybe prehistoric Pokémon were all Rock-types, or maybe - my favourite theory on it - that the minerals composing the fossils are tainting the revival process and the resulting Pokémon produced are not perfect reproductions of the species.

The defossilisation concept is that these reproductions of the ancient species can be used to produce the original species. The appropriate Plate is used, add a little primordial energy, and the evolution process corrects out the Rock-typing like DNA repair.

Like with other forms, I look at the Pokémon's design elements to work out how they might be different. An example is Omanyte.  

138.png

Omanyte is based on ammonites, with ammonites being considered most closely related to octopuses and Omastar's Ultra Sun Pokédex entry referencing this by calling Omastar a distant ancestor of Octillery. 

I look at Octillery and it's a pure Water-type. I look at shelled Pokémon - Blastoise, Shellder, Krabby, Samurott - and there's no type linked to having a shell. Pure Water seems appropriate. 

The Rock-typing is from the fossilisation, so I should take away most of its Rock-type moves too. Ink is reportedly preserved in some fossil specimens, so Octazooka may be an option for it to gain something back. 

It currently has a placeholder sprite, but I've been working on them recently so here's a sneak peek.

138-1.png

11 minutes ago, BlueTowel said:

Glad you like it! The Hidden Ability and Mega Zard Y ability aren't as synergistic as normal though, so I may alter those in an upcoming update! 

the easiest and personally most sensible solution for that imo would be to simply swap the 2............. make drought the hidden ability and solar power mega zard Y's ability to combo...............

as a side note i noticed the special plate interactions for the infernape and they fit quite well with the whole "super saiyan" concept i had as a headcanon for it, the fist plate basically makes it in xenoverse terminology a strike based attacker and the flame plate turns it into a ki blast based attacker (physical and special attack respectively ofc), plus the speed increase fits perfectly with the whole "saiyans get stronger and faster the more they fight" thing too

• Veterans

Hi! New version! 

v0.5.8

New Sprites

Defossilised Omanyte, Defossilised Omastar, Defossilised Kabuto, Shiny Defossilised Kabuto, Defossilised Kabutops,

Meadow Meganium, Splash Feraligatr, Shiny Splash Feraligatr, Mind Noctowl, Shiny Mind Noctowl

Updated Sprites

Boss Pikachu, Shiny Defossilised Kabutops, 

Shiny Meadow Meganium,

Dread Sableye, Mega Dread Sableye

Tweaks

Icicle Beedrill and Mega Icicle Beedrill have had stat changes - they are now fast mixed attackers. They have also been updated to include more special attacks in their level-up movepool.

Defossilised Omanyte and Omastar have gained access to Octazooka via breeding, as fossils suggest the creature they're based on had ink sacs much like modern octopuses! They have also gained Signal Beam via Move Tutor to help make up for the loss of most of their Rock-type moves.

Splash Feraligatr has had a design change, and is now based a little more on the caveman element present in Croconaw - Splash Feraligatr is now a burgeoning tool-user, carrying around simple weapons that it uses to gain type advantages in battle. 

Draco Ampharos has gained access to Draco Meteor via Move Tutor.

Always-Zen Darmanitan now has a lower BST to match normal Darmanitan, but the Un-Zen Mode form now has a higher BST to match normal Zen Darmanitan! It has also gained access to more special moves in its level-up movepool.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:58 PM, ArcBolt27 said:

the easiest and personally most sensible solution for that imo would be to simply swap the 2............. make drought the hidden ability and solar power mega zard Y's ability to combo...............

After some thinking, a bit of discussion and some time with a damage calculator, I decided not to go for this. Drought would make it very clearly the best non-legendary sun-setter, and Solar Power isn't that bad on Draco Charizard - it can cause a lot of damage with mixed sun sets.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a bug. tried to evolve my Pikachu at Apophyll Academy for that AloRaichu style, and it became a Partner Pikachu as I tried to use the thunder stone.

edit: Is there an extra condition to Venonat's evolution? Level 31 + Mind Plate didn't do it. Is it daytime-only, as the form's description would suggest?

edit2: Tried again during the day, Venomoth worked.

Edited by Urist_Imiknorris

• Veterans
17 hours ago, Urist_Imiknorris said:

I found a bug. tried to evolve my Pikachu at Apophyll Academy for that AloRaichu style, and it became a Partner Pikachu as I tried to use the thunder stone.

edit: Is there an extra condition to Venonat's evolution? Level 31 + Mind Plate didn't do it. Is it daytime-only, as the form's description would suggest?

edit2: Tried again during the day, Venomoth worked.

I've uploaded a quick and lazy fix for the Pikachu problem - Partner Pikachu can now be evolved into Raichu and Alolan Raichu.

It's not as big a balance change as allowing Partner Eevee's moves into the Eeveelutions, since the moves aren't as powerful and the Raichus aren't as different to Partner Pikachu as the Eeveelutions are to Partner Eevee.

It's a pretty pesky bug, at least for me. The form change is triggered before the item is used, and I haven't been able to work out a simple way to make it change the form afterwards.

Kantonian, Alolan and Hybrid Vulpix, and Meadow Florges, have a similar problem, but for them I made it a feature - Vulpix can become a hybrid by cancelling the stone use, and attempting to evolve a hybrid without a Plate causes it to randomly turn into a Kantonian or Alolan Vulpix (also featurising a bug with Vulpix in normal Reborn where it sometimes randomly has the ability of the other form), and Floette can change the colour of its flower by cancelling the stone use or the evolution process.

Now that I think about it, Fire-type to Ice-type is a pretty drastic change in type for a regional form. I wonder how closely related Vulpix is to Eevee? Maybe I should add another variant?

I'm glad you worked out how to evolve Venonat! I'll make sure the Alt Dex is up-to-date with the appropriate method. 

No other updates yet, still having problems with a trapped nerve so arting is slow as to avoid exacerbating it.

• Veterans
17 hours ago, Alan Fangs said:

while i was searching at this AWESOME MOD i found a pikachu with dio haircut  and fangs ansince i a huge fan of jojo i REALLY REALLY REALLY want to know how to get it plz help

025_2.png

Spoiler

This is used for a "boss" encounter at the end of the Partner Eevee quest-line. It's a Partner Pikachu with the maximum stats it can have in Let's Go Pikachu. 

You can get one for yourself using debug and setting a Pikachu to Form 2, but it doesn't have a backsprite and will make the game too easy due to the very high stat increase.

5 hours ago, BlueTowel said:
  Hide contents

This is used for a "boss" encounter at the end of the Partner Eevee quest-line. It's a Partner Pikachu with the maximum stats it can have in Let's Go Pikachu. 

You can get one for yourself using debug and setting a Pikachu to Form 2, but it doesn't have a backsprite and will make the game too easy due to the very high stat increase.

thanks for the info.i was wondering  is it possible to change his stats 

• Veterans
42 minutes ago, Alan Fangs said:

thanks for the info.i was wondering  is it possible to change his stats 

To use him? 

It would be easier for you to change the image file's name so that it appears instead of normal or Partner Pikachu: 

025_1.png for Partner Pikachu

025.png for normal Pikachu

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BlueTowel said:

To use him? 

It would be easier for you to change the image file's name so that it appears instead of normal or Partner Pikachu: 

025_1.png for Partner Pikachu

025.png for normal Pikachu

You 're right it will be much easier this way .and also i have noticed that there isn't much 6 GEN pokemon alternate form so i want to ask you to modifie noivern because he's a badass loking pokemon and he evolve at lvl 48 but his stat are unfair for him so i would suggest a boost in attack and its sp.atk to make something like this 

80/105/70/110/75/120

And for his design instead of the purple mark you maybe chang it to red or white

Thank you for the help with wryy pikachu😋 and i hope you use my idea you're the best modder i have seen

• Veterans
11 hours ago, Alan Fangs said:

You 're right it will be much easier this way .and also i have noticed that there isn't much 6 GEN pokemon alternate form so i want to ask you to modifie noivern because he's a badass loking pokemon and he evolve at lvl 48 but his stat are unfair for him so i would suggest a boost in attack and its sp.atk to make something like this 

80/105/70/110/75/120

And for his design instead of the purple mark you maybe chang it to red or white

Thank you for the help with wryy pikachu😋 and i hope you use my idea you're the best modder i have seen

Thanks for the compliment and the idea! It's a bit strong for my tastes, but thank you nonetheless.

There is a Noivern alternate form on the list for v0.6, which is coming once I've caught up on the graphics. It's Dark/Flying and a little stronger than the normal form, so it'll be available late in the game. There's an Avalugg one as well to add to the 6th gen forms. 

6 hours ago, BaratheonStag said:

This is absolutely amazing. I have a suggestion: how about a fire/grass sunflora? GameFreak missed a huge opportunity with that one

Sure! I'm trying to avoid copying ideas from other games and creatives, but a Grass/Fire Sunflora is super obvious.

• Like 1