Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

• Veterans

OUTDATED 

This is kept for reference for the Memeforms mod which uses an old version of the Alternate Form Pack

The movesets are no longer accurate for Plates of Arceus

Alternate Form Pack Information Index

Alternate Form Pokédex

(click links below to go to relevant post)

#001 - #251 : Generations I (Kanto) + II (Johto)

#252 - #493 : Generations III (Hoenn) + IV (Sinnoh)

#494 - #649 : Generation V (Unova)

#650 - #809 : Generations VI (Kalos) + VII (Alola)

NPC & Event Guide

(including LGPE Move Tutor locations)

Additional Mechanics

Canon Regional Forms

Distant and extinct variants aren't the only alternate forms accessible via Arceus Plates.

Using Plates to change forms may unlock unexpected move combinations, or simply allow access to a regional form earlier in the game than normal.

Breed for the following forms with the main parent (mother, or non-Ditto if breeding using a Ditto) holding the appropriate Plate.

Spoiler

Rattata with Dread Plate for Alolan (Normal/Dark)

Sandshrew with Earth Plate for Kantonian (Ground)

Sandshrew with Icicle Plate for Alolan (Ice/Steel)

Vulpix with Flame Plate on both parents for Kantonian (Fire)

Vulpix with Icicle Plate on both parents for Alolan (Ice)

Diglett with Earth Plate for Kantonian (Ground)

Diglett with Iron Plate for Alolan (Ground/Steel)

Meowth with Dread Plate for Alolan (Dark)

Geodude with Earth Plate for Kantonian (Rock/Ground)

Geodude with Zap Plate for Alolan (Rock/Electric)

Grimer with Dread Plate for Alolan (Poison/Dark)

Evolution method and Galarian forms coming in future updates.

Plate & Ability Interactions

Some Abilities have extra effects when certain Arceus Plates are held by the Pokémon.

List by Ability name A-Z below.

Spoiler

Heavy Metal + Iron Plate: Increases Defense by one stage when sent out.

Light Metal + Iron Plate: Increases Speed by one stage when sent out.

Liquid Voice + Splash Plate: Sound-based moves that become Water-type attacks also trap affected targets in a Whirlpool for 1 turn, dealing damage at the end of turn.

Long Reach + Dread Plate: Increases holder's accuracy by 20% and critical hit rate by two stages.

Slow Start + Fist Plate: Increases Attack and Speed by one stage at the end of each turn. 

Slow Start + Flame Plate: Increases Special Attack and Speed by one stage at the end of each turn.

Slow StartIcicle Plate (Regigigas only): Increases Special Attack and Special Defense by one stage at the end of each turn.

Slow Start + Iron Plate (Regigigas only): Increases Defense and Special Defense by one stage at the end of each turn.

Slow Start + Stone Plate (Regigigas only): Increases Attack and Defense by one stage at the end of each turn.

Sniper + Toxic Plate: Poison-type attacks have a 100% critical hit rate.

Truant + Meadow Plate: Restores 1/3 of the holder's maximum health on the turn it slacks off.

Wonder Guard + Spooky Plate: Prevents direct damage and transforms the holder.

Pokémon Forms/Interactions Available, By Plate

Spoiler

Wild or Plateless Forms

Spoiler

Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Politoed, Girafarig, Dunsparce (Earth), Castform, Carnivine, Munna, Musharna

Flame Plate

Pokémon

Spoiler

Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Staryu, Starmie, Slowking, Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence, Infernape, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Durant, Clawitzer

Ability Interactions

Spoiler

Slow Start: Increases Special Attack and Speed by one stage at the end of each turn.

Splash Plate

Pokémon

Spoiler

Omanyte, Omastar, Feraligatr, Swampert, Lileep, Cradily, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Sandile, Krokorok, Krookodile, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus

Ability Interactions

Spoiler

Liquid Voice: Sound-based moves that become Water-type attacks also trap affected targets in a Whirlpool for 1 turn, dealing damage at the end of turn.

Zap Plate

Spoiler

Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Dragonite, Donphan, Combusken, Blaziken, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Probopass, Klinklang, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure

Meadow Plate

Pokémon

Spoiler

Vulpix, Ninetales, Meganium, Sawsbuck, Florges, Skrelp, Dragalge, Dedenne

Ability Interactions

Spoiler

Truant: Restores 1/3 of the holder's maximum health on the turn it slacks off.

Icicle Plate

Pokémon

Spoiler

Beedrill, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Empoleon, Buneary, Lopunny

Ability Interactions

Spoiler

Slow Start (Regigigas only): Increases Special Attack and Special Defense by one stage at the end of each turn.

Fist Plate

Pokémon

Spoiler

Electabuzz, Electivire, Samurott, Greninja, Barbaracle, Primarina

Ability Interactions

Spoiler

Slow Start: Increases Attack and Speed by one stage at the end of each turn. 

Toxic Plate

Pokémon

Spoiler

Dunsparce, Mightyena, Grumpig, Gliscor, Eelektrik, Eelektross, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Goomy, Sliggoo, Goodra

Ability Interactions

Spoiler

Sniper: Poison-type attacks have a 100% critical hit rate.

Earth Plate

Spoiler

Sandshrew, Sandslash, Diglett, Dugtrio, Dodrio, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Typhlosion, Dunsparce, Purugly, Crustle, Garbodor

Sky Plate

Spoiler

Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Onix, Dunsparce, Steelix, Grovyle, Sceptile, Wailord

Mind Plate

Spoiler

Venomoth, Noctowl, Wormadam, Darmanitan, Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon, Incineroar

Insect Plate

Spoiler

Kabuto, Kabutops, Dunsparce, Vibrava, Flygon, Anorith, Armaldo

Stone Plate

Pokémon

Spoiler

Staryu, Starmie, Sableye, Claydol, Torterra, Spiritomb, Emboar, Boldore, Gigalith 

Ability Interactions

Spoiler

Slow Start (Regigigas only): Increases Attack and Defense by one stage at the end of each turn.

Spooky Plate

Pokémon

Spoiler

Venusaur, Clefairy, Clefable, Natu, Xatu, Dunsparce, Gastrodon

Ability Interactions

Spoiler

Wonder Guard: Prevents direct damage and transforms the holder.

Draco Plate

Spoiler

Charizard, Aerodactyl, Dunsparce, Cranidos, Rampardos, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Serperior, Archen, Archeops, Amaura, Aurorus

Dread Plate

Pokémon

Spoiler

Rattata, Raticate, Meowth, Persian, Grimer, Muk, Luxray, Drapion, Delphox, Tyrunt, Tyrantrum, Decidueye

Ability Interactions

Spoiler

Long Reach: Increases holder's accuracy by 20% and critical hit rate by two stages.

Iron Plate

Pokémon

Spoiler

Blastoise, Diglett, Dugtrio, Koffing, Weezing, Magmar, Magmortar, Swalot, Golurk, Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon, Chesnaught, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o

Ability Interactions

Spoiler

Light Metal: Increases Speed by one stage when sent out.

Heavy Metal: Increases Defense by one stage when sent out.

Slow Start (Regigigas only): Increases Defense and Special Defense by one stage at the end of each turn.

Pixie Plate

Spoiler

Rapidash, Chansey, Blissey, Sableye, Altaria, Absol, Drapion, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr

Edited by BlueTowel
Plates of Arceus
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BlueTowel said:

Pokémon Reborn

Alternate Form Pack [E18.1]

There is a secret power in this world.

One who knows the ancient techniques can awaken the energy within the Plates of Arceus and steer the course of evolution.

Few Pokémon truly exist in only one form, for ours is a world of limitless potential.

Something new is coming to Reborn...

You.

Download

https://mega.nz/#!ayAkWQYR!5cE9PYMer4Ko0dpj869AXgo-Pa9V2BrCaLLoa2zO-f8

Installation

Extract and play.

Save Compatibility

Yes - Default game name "Pokemon Reborn"

Mod Compatibility

Tested and compatible with SWM's modular modpack [E18] and Aironfaar's Mod Box [E18.1][Updated 2018-09-05]

Special Thanks

Azery

Marcello

Mikey57

Player_Name_Null

version 0.1

Wild

Reveal hidden contents

Geodude and Graveler

Reveal hidden contents

Pyrous Mountain

Carnivine

Reveal hidden contents

Jasper Ward, Malchous Forest

Plate Evolution

Starters

Reveal hidden contents

Torterra

Reveal hidden contents

Level Grotle (32) + hold Stone Plate + Somewhere with cold, open air.

Infernape

Reveal hidden contents

Level Monferno (36) + hold Flame Plate.

Empoleon

Reveal hidden contents

Level Prinplup (36) + hold Icicle Plate.

Serperior

Reveal hidden contents

Level Servine (36) + hold Draco Plate.

Emboar

Reveal hidden contents

Level Pignite (36) + hold Stone Plate.

Samurott

Reveal hidden contents

Level Dewott (36) + hold Fist Plate.

Chesnaught

Reveal hidden contents

Level Quilladin (36) + hold Iron Plate.

Delphox

Reveal hidden contents

Level Braixen (36) + hold Dread Plate.

Greninja

Reveal hidden contents

Level Frogadier (36) + hold Fist Plate + Somewhere to meditate.

Fossils

Reveal hidden contents

Omastar

Reveal hidden contents

Level Omanyte (40) + hold Splash Plate + where Unown gather underground.

Kabutops

Reveal hidden contents

Level Kabuto (40) + hold Insect Plate + where Unown gather underground.

Cradily

Reveal hidden contents

Level Lileep (40) + hold Splash Plate + where Unown gather underground.

Armaldo

Reveal hidden contents

Level Anorith (40) + hold Insect Plate + where Unown gather underground.

Rampardos

Reveal hidden contents

Level Cranidos (30) + hold Draco Plate + where Unown gather underground.

Bastiodon

Reveal hidden contents

Level Shieldon (30) + hold Draco Plate + where Unown gather underground.

Carracosta

Reveal hidden contents

Level Tirtouga (37) + hold Splash Plate + where Unown gather underground.

Archeops

Reveal hidden contents

Level Archen (37) + hold Draco Plate + where Unown gather underground.

Tyrantrum

Reveal hidden contents

Level Tyrunt (39) + Day + hold Draco Plate + where Unown gather underground.

Aurorus

Reveal hidden contents

Level Amaura (39) + Night + hold Draco Plate + where Unown gather underground.

Others

Reveal hidden contents

Beedrill (including Mega)

Reveal hidden contents

Level Kakuna (10) + hold Icicle Plate.

Rapidash

Reveal hidden contents

Level Ponyta (40) + hold Pixie Plate.

Vibrava -> Flygon

Reveal hidden contents

Level Trapinch (35) + hold Insect Plate.

Claydol

Reveal hidden contents

Level Baltoy (36) + hold Stone Plate.

Drapion

Reveal hidden contents

Level Skorupi (40) + hold Insect Plate.

Darmanitan

Reveal hidden contents

Level Darumaka (35) + hold Mind Plate + Somewhere to focus.

Golurk

Reveal hidden contents

Level Golett (43) + hold Iron Plate.

Hakamo-o -> Kommo-o

Reveal hidden contents

Level Jangmo-o (35) + hold Iron Plate.

Future Development

Custom Sprites

2nd Gen Starters

Further Defossilization

Plate Variety

Sorry if I´m being dumb, but I don´t quite understand what this is. Would you mind enlightening me? 🙂My download speed is too slow at the moment to download it.

• Upvote 1

• Veterans
7 minutes ago, LilyX said:

Sorry if I´m being dumb, but I don´t quite understand what this is. Would you mind enlightening me? 🙂My download speed is too slow at the moment to download it.

This is a modified version of Pokémon Reborn containing over 30 new alternate forms for existing Pokémon. They are mostly based around using the Arceus Plates to gently influence the direction of their evolution. The forms are generally of equal power to the normal forms, maintaining the challenge of the game while adding greater type variety and more options to explore when building a team. 

Edited by BlueTowel

1 hour ago, BlueTowel said:

This is a modified version of Pokémon Reborn containing over 30 new alternate forms for existing Pokémon. They are mostly based around using the Arceus Plates to gently influence the direction of their evolution. The forms are generally of equal power to the normal forms, maintaining the challenge of the game while adding greater type variety and more options to explore when building a team. 

Thank you! That´s what I assumed it was. I was just confused by the fact that there´s no custom sprites yet. So they look the same but have different typings (and possibly movepools)?

• Veterans
9 hours ago, LilyX said:

Thank you! That´s what I assumed it was. I was just confused by the fact that there´s no custom sprites yet. So they look the same but have different typings (and possibly movepools)?

Most of them have the shiny sprite swapped for the alternate form sprite. A couple have custom sprites. Some look the same because the shiny sprite looked less like the new form than the normal sprite. Some fit perfectly.

They all have some combination of different typings, moves, abilities and base stats.

• Thanks 1

correct me if im wrong but from what im getting out of this this is your own take on the delta species concept seen in the TCG and in pokemon insurgence? very nice concept at face value thats for sure.............. cant wait to see how this progresses along 🙂

On 10/9/2018 at 1:21 AM, ArcBolt27 said:

correct me if im wrong but from what im getting out of this this is your own take on the delta species concept seen in the TCG and in pokemon insurgence? very nice concept at face value thats for sure.............. cant wait to see how this progresses along 🙂

I would say it's more an Alola form take, most of them start being "normal" but the plates change them. I also find the concept pretty nice, and it's also a good way to use the plates when Arceus is still nowhere to be seen.

Edit: As feedback I have realized Beedril alternative form isn't happening. Kakuna evolves, it eats the Icycle plate, and then, Beedril appears to be Bug/poison with no clue of what I supposed it should be Ice.

• Thanks 1

This sounds like a pretty neat idea, and i can get behind it, but my only "meh" with it is, as mentioned by others, the lack of custom sprites, but thats something that I

pIghyaF.png

can help with, so here's a quick edit for the Fire/Rock Emboar.

I could also suggest some stat changes depending on the Pokemons new appearance, if needed

for example, this Emboar's stats could be something like :

110/123/95/70/70/60, losing 30 points from SpAtk, and 5 from Speed, to put 30 in Defense, and 5 SpDef, for what should be obvious enough reasons

EDIT : Another thing I might suggest, for the Golem and Beedril, since the Reborn shinies already fit their new types, it'd be a good idea to change the regular forms' shinies to avoid confusion

• Like 1

• Veterans
On 10/14/2018 at 7:08 PM, OldSoulja said:

This sounds like a pretty neat idea, and i can get behind it, but my only "meh" with it is, as mentioned by others, the lack of custom sprites, but thats something that I

pIghyaF.png

can help with, so here's a quick edit for the Fire/Rock Emboar.

I could also suggest some stat changes depending on the Pokemons new appearance, if needed

for example, this Emboar's stats could be something like :

110/123/95/70/70/60, losing 30 points from SpAtk, and 5 from Speed, to put 30 in Defense, and 5 SpDef, for what should be obvious enough reasons

EDIT : Another thing I might suggest, for the Golem and Beedril, since the Reborn shinies already fit their new types, it'd be a good idea to change the regular forms' shinies to avoid confusion

That's great! I've never sprited before so I was going to go for recolours and minor changes. Are you on Discord? I'd be happy to discuss this further. Alternatively, I was planning on expanding the Future Development section with a list of custom sprite status/plans/requests when I post v0.2 sometime over the weekend.

Stone Plate Emboar does have altered base stats. I took 5 from Attack and Special Attack, and 10 from Speed, to result in a 110/118/75/95/75/55 spread. I can see it being more physically inclined as Rock, so I could shift another 5 points from SpAtk to Def.

• Global Mods

This seems like a really neat thing, especially once they have different sprites.

I will say that the download is much larger than it needs to be. rather than having people redownload a whole extra copy of the game, I'd recommend just having the download be the modified files so that it can be applied to the basegame like a patch

• Thanks 1

• Veterans
12 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I will say that the download is much larger than it needs to be. rather than having people redownload a whole extra copy of the game, I'd recommend just having the download be the modified files so that it can be applied to the basegame like a patch

Thanks! v0.2 will be a patch of modified files only. 

21 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

That's great! I've never sprited before so I was going to go for recolours and minor changes. Are you on Discord? I'd be happy to discuss this further. Alternatively, I was planning on expanding the Future Development section with a list of custom sprite status/plans/requests when I post v0.2 sometime over the weekend.

Stone Plate Emboar does have altered base stats. I took 5 from Attack and Special Attack, and 10 from Speed, to result in a 110/118/75/95/75/55 spread. I can see it being more physically inclined as Rock, so I could shift another 5 points from SpAtk to Def.

My name on discord is Soulja, and #4378 , if you need me.

Also, personally, I always found it dumb that Emboar has high SpAtk while his Attack stat is even higher(the highest of all non-mega starters actually), and thought it's just a waste of points that could be more useful anywhere else, thats why i dropped its spatk in my suggested spread so much

• Veterans
2 hours ago, OldSoulja said:

Also, personally, I always found it dumb that Emboar has high SpAtk while his Attack stat is even higher(the highest of all non-mega starters actually), and thought it's just a waste of points that could be more useful anywhere else, thats why i dropped its spatk in my suggested spread so much

Ah, but with decent SpAtk and the movepool it has, it can run some interesting mixed sets. I'd like to keep that option open for the Stone Plate form, while giving it a little more bulk so it doesn't feel so strangely fragile. It all needs testing. 😄 I can't play enough!

• Veterans
10 hours ago, asterlicks said:

Is there a way to get extra plates? Is mining the big way right now?

Mining is the main way right now. I'd like to add some NPCs who will give extra Plates, one of each.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Veterans

v0.3(.2) is now up!

Fun new features include breeding Defossilised Pokémon; a way to get a Defossilised Aerodactyl, and the start of the beginning of the commencement of the introduction to the Plater story.

A few Plates are now accessible through NPC interactions. You'll have to battle a secret elite to get them, but they're a friendly bunch.

Currently available are Toxic, Icicle, Earth, Stone, Fist and Flame Plates. 

The combination of Meadow Plate and Truant will now restore 1/3 of a Pokémon's health on the turn they are slacking off.

Some bugs were fixed too.

Mud Poliwag and Poliwhirl are now correctly pure Ground types, and Mud Poliwhirl and Poliwrath are now found during the Day on Azurine Island.

Wailord is similarly now pure Flying, and has gained a little weight, as have Sky Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff. They were a bit too light.

Girafarig now spawns with Girafarig in Vanhanen Labyrinth.

For balance tuning:

Fist Greninja now has Technician instead of Adaptability for Hidden Ability, and Low Sweep and Aura Sphere have been swapped out for Double Kick and Jump Kick. It still has access to Low Sweep by TM.

Defossilised Cradily now gains Whirlpool instead of Water Pulse on evolution, which seemed redundant with its natural Brine.

Zap Klinklang has had its stats modified to make it into a balanced mixed attacker, as well as a small Base Stat Total increase to balance out gaining a quadruple weakness. 

Piranha Carnivine now has access to Fire Lash instead of Inferno. It's not like Heatmor was using it anyway. Can it make up for a low BST? 

Meadow Meganium's base stats have been shuffled around to make it a little more bulkier. Make sure to account for the increased size when watering yours!

Finally, I'm going to spend some time this week making the Pokémon information in this thread more detailed and readable.

If you want to be able to find out how to evolve new forms without being spoiled on the details, don't worry, I'll put the data into its own spoiler tag.

Edited by BlueTowel
Meganium

The original post says you take suggestions but I just want to go "do you take suggestions?" to be polite so; do you take suggestions?

I think giving Typhlosion Earth Power on Level Up would be a nice addition. Maybe even Mud Slap. 

It's just weird that he learns none naturally when he's now a Ground-type with that branch and has no moves to take advantage of it but suffers all of the weaknesses.

Also if we create one of our own would you add it into the mod? I love the idea of adding branching paths to existing Pokémon without removing them as an option and wouldn't mind giving a crack at theorycrafting some variants of 'mons. 

• Veterans
9 hours ago, Kamu said:

The original post says you take suggestions but I just want to go "do you take suggestions?" to be polite so; do you take suggestions?

Absolutely! It's a whole learning project. It's hard to maintain a consistent quality. Suggestions are very welcome!

9 hours ago, Kamu said:

I think giving Typhlosion Earth Power on Level Up would be a nice addition. Maybe even Mud Slap. 

It's just weird that he learns none naturally when he's now a Ground-type with that branch and has no moves to take advantage of it but suffers all of the weaknesses.

I agree! While doing the Pokémon Information page I'm noticing a lot of Pokémon could do with some movelist refinement.

9 hours ago, Kamu said:

Also if we create one of our own would you add it into the mod? I love the idea of adding branching paths to existing Pokémon without removing them as an option and wouldn't mind giving a crack at theorycrafting some variants of 'mons. 

It's a definite maybe! I want to say yes.

I have my own set of guidelines when designing forms. I would ask that any submissions at least loosely bear them in mind, and I may or may not refuse or alter a design to fit with the rest of the project. I hope this is reasonable.

• Alternate Forms should be relatable to the original - not new species, but ways in which the same species might vary in another region, period in history or other environmental circumstances.
  • Alternate Forms should take inspiration from an aspect of their original design wherever possible, rather than add new elements. 
  • Alternate Forms should not make Pokémon Reborn too easy. For example: The Surge abilities, while interesting for multiplayer battles, trivialize most gym and boss battles.
  • Alternate Forms should not be a clear upgrade over the original, except when the original is PU tier or similarly underpowered like Meganium or the inevitable Regigigas Alt Form.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I was wondering if you planned on adding more pokemon to your list? 

I've always loved electric pokemon, but for some reason Nintendo just keeps pooping on them. I would love to see a Dark/Electric Pokemon, for some reason I always imagined that Zoroark would fit this typing perfectly. (Or even our Lord and Savior Pikachu)

Would ou consider adding a Dark/Electric Pokemon?

• Veterans
8 hours ago, Leokachu said:

Hi I was wondering if you planned on adding more pokemon to your list? 

Yeah! I've set myself an arbitrary number of 100 Alternate Forms by v1.0! At least 5 uses for each Plate, whether that's new forms by evolution or breeding, or a special effect in certain circumstances!

8 hours ago, Leokachu said:

I've always loved electric pokemon, but for some reason Nintendo just keeps pooping on them. I would love to see a Dark/Electric Pokemon, for some reason I always imagined that Zoroark would fit this typing perfectly. (Or even our Lord and Savior Pikachu)

Would ou consider adding a Dark/Electric Pokemon?

I am already considering an Electric/Dark type! Luxray seems like an easy fit for it! I'll try to make sure I include it with v0.4! 

Partner Pikachu will also be available in v0.4 - it's what I'm working on right now! - as well as some new scripted events! (Partner Eevee will be in but unavailable until a later version!)