Garchomp... (Spoilers) tip for Nuzlocke Challengers

CrossXWind

I am new to Reborn and I just couldn't help myself...

That Garchomp...

For some reason I like to play pokemon story lines UNDEFEATED! (Saves money for one... With the limited source of money to begin with... You can also make money by walking around with 6 pokemon with pickup ability...)

As soon as I saw this LV 75 Beast I restarted my game... :mellow:

(I didn't have a single clue that I was supposed to lose at this point... I thought everyone had to kill this thing in order to continue the story line...) - Being a the stubborn "hard core competitive player" that I am- I went to my PC...

I will kill this thing...

I Murdered that Garchomp in 2 turns... "The Battle wasn't even in the top percentage." (Too Easy)

Turn 1

Lead- was just a random LV 10 Cottonee I found a while back... (Didn't train it at all...)

I used Leech Seed... Who goes first... Garchomp...

Wrong!

This little Moss Covered Cheese Puff Ball has Prankster Ability! LV 10 Cottonee out sped a LV 75 Garchomp (Could have been a LV 1000 for all I care!)

Then Cottonee gets eaten up by Garchomp ;_;

I have to send out my next pokemon... My LV 34 Rattata... it is in the top percentage of Rattata.

As the turn is ending - Leech Seed is take in to effect... Then Garchomps' Leftovers...

Turn 2

I got My Boy Rattata out here S**T going to go down!

Garchomp uses Dragon Pulse...

Rattata hung onto Focus Band!!!!!!!! (Focus Sash is better! "But, Can't Find One. Help!")

Rattata uses Endeavor...

GG- Garchomps' HP is reduced to 1!

One Pokemon to handle me- He** No!

Rattata was hurt by Rough Skin... Rattata!!!!! NOOOOOOO----------------------------------------------!!!!!!!!!!

It's all good... Sends out a Magnezone with Sturdy (Bad type advantage... But, does it matter?)

As the turn ends... Leftovers Effect... Then Leech Seed takes the kill.

I then look at the Boss.

"How does it feel to be raped by a "Mold Covered Cheese Puff Ball" and a Rat"

I guess you should have put Cottonees and Rattatas-

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

In your Pulse Systems.

I just couldn't wait to see the look on his face!

Who is the noob now Fern!

Then the story continues...

Cain: Cross... Lost...!

Me: Are u Blind?

Then the Epic-ness that Pokemon Reborn is Continues, "Oohhhhhhh----------- I was supposed to lose! Ok,,, Wait what is that Magmortar doing?!!! Oh my Arceus! Garchomp! I killed you!" ;_;... Sensei?

(My explanation- Pokemon can still use moves like Cut outside of battle even if they faint...)

Then (Faithful Tepig Girl) Victoria says something- but I couldn't hear her over the loss of the most inspirational Sensei I ever had. :(

Anyways- Thank you for this wonderful game. I love it. It is the best Pokemon related thing I have ever been a part of. This is far beyond my expectations for anything related to Pokemon even surpassing the hope for a maturer Pokemon anime via Black and White 2 Animated Trailer.

Oh this battle was my 5th attempt- That Focus Band never went off! But if I had a Focus Sash- I would have won on my 1st or 2nd attempt.

Focus Band would defiantly save you Nuzlocke Challengers out there if you use this sure kill strategy.

And remember don't mess with Rattata! B)

• Administrators

Ahah... Impressive, CrossWind!

I didn't anticipate anyone pulling out FEAR sets this early... or at all.

I think you'll go far ;D

I've made a note to write in something better for beating the Garchomp. I didn't actually anticipate more than a couple people would already. Y'all like to prove me wrong on things.

Ahah... Impressive, CrossWind!

I didn't anticipate anyone pulling out FEAR sets this early... or at all.

I think you'll go far ;D

I've made a note to write in something better for beating the Garchomp. I didn't actually anticipate more than a couple people would already. Y'all like to prove me wrong on things.

Just a little question while you're talking about changing pokemon. Can you change the medicham's move from hi jump kick to something else? (wasteland medicham) I think it's a bit too easy to beat. you can just use protect or a ghost type to beat it soo easily. I wanted more of a challenge from it since it was so high leveled.

Edited by FeatherDuster

Man...! xD

Well, who would have guessed that? You're the luckiest guy I've ever met! I guess I now know what to do to defeat Solaris and his f*cking Garchomp... thanks for the... awesome strategy xD

Edited by victor95600

• Administrators

Just a little question while you're talking about changing pokemon. Can you change the medicham's move from hi jump kick to something else? (wasteland medicham) I think it's a bit too easy to beat. you can just use protect or a ghost type to beat it soo easily. I wanted more of a challenge from it since it was so high leveled.

Already did.

• 11 months later...

I want to begin with an apology.

I'm completely new to posting on forums in general but I understand how people can get pissed or bothered by "necro posting", which is what I assume is what I'm doing. I really am sorry with that.

I came across this post in a Google Search of the current problem I was facing within Pokemon Reborn...... That monstrous Kaiju of a Pokemon, Garchomp atop of the volcano in Apophyll. I was sure this battle was what my friends and I call a "Kratos fight" (in reference to Tales of Symphonia, where you battle against Archangel Kratos and are supposed to lose), but I have always had this adamant fool desire to defeat these Kratos fights. This mothafuckin Garchomp, though.

I'm not sure if it's the emotions running rampant in my body after seeing that depressing, albeit really screwed up scene afterwards, but... I defeated that Garchomp after seven to thirteen-ish tries, but my strategy relied more on luck than anything. While I did have a F.E.A.R ready for whenever I needed it, I didn't want to copy the guy who made this post so I tried something else. I then became the little toaster who could and began to think I can, think I can, with this team that I trained and not anything else. My team consists of Blaziken, Gardevoir, Cofagrigus, Drifblim, Floatzel, and Pidgeot, all from Lv. 41-44 respectively. I had to restart a few times for this but... It finally worked. Garchomo's moves all had a decent chance to miss, which I abused. I had Pidgeot use Feather Dance upon his first miss, and if he didn't use anything other than Stone Edge, I could do it again, and again, and again... After Pidgeot (Merrick) valiantly fell after two Feather Dances, I had Cofagrigus. He used Curse, and then was bravely defeated. After that, I had Gardevoir and Drifblim attack and attack, but they were BOTH hit by crits, and only Drifblim got a few hits in. After, I had Blaziken out. By this time, he had already used two Full Restores, and Blaziken was all I had left, my ace. Blaziken was sent out and used Bulk Up, and was hit by a crit. Luckily, it was Fire Fang... He survived, and used Double Kick, and took it down JUST enough for the Curse to finally slay that titanic hulking beast. If it weren't for Cofagrigus' Mummy to replace Garchomp's sharp skin, Blaziken would have fallen after the first double kick, since he had 7 HP left...

And then this guy, after my team and I won, all he had to say was "...". I proceeded to scream in the middle of my living room with my family all around watching Warm Bodies: YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT, SOLARIS!!!".

I was practically drowning in adrenaline, but I was so freaking hyped. But then. Of course. Something happens to completely butcher my mood and totally ruin the victory. That... That scene... With Kiki... And her Medicham... And Cal that prick... Let me pause to say I never liked Cal. He's that, you know. The fire-type trainer who's supposed to be super attractive and who all the girls adore, and has this deep, dark, brooding past as he stands on top of a volcano at night, overlooking the city. And the only girl character who I actually enjoy, VIctoria, is all swooning over this ass. Pisses me off. Safe to say, only when I defeated him was my jealousy sated.

Sorry, back on topic... The scene where Kiki tried to destroy the PULSE, even after climbing up the volcano with a sickly, frail body on the verge of death. Cal betrayed her, and in the most grotesque way, killed her partner, Medicham by stopping it's last attempt to save the city, and throwing it inside of the volcano in front of her...

My reaction was something akin to: He just-... Then she-... It-... Lava... But-...

With my eyes wide open with the manliest of tears beginning to take shape. The feelings of immense pride and happiness clashing with the sinking anger and sorrow. I guess that's why I feel obligated to post this.

Again, I'm sorry for necro posting and potentially wasting the attention.

A slightly emotional yet overly immersed Pokemon lover and writer

'Flynn

I managed to beat the garchomp with a combination of double intimidation (luxray+ growlithe) to -6. then proceeded to use litleo(lvl 31) with endeavour. . and hope garchomp hits it with fire fang to take about 50% from litleo.

endeavour takes garchomp to red which makes the AI use full restore.i kept using endeavour until the AI ran out of full restores all the while rough skin was boosting endeavour further. littleo goes down after garchomp finally attacks it.

i proceed to send in my lvl 43 blastoise vs the -6 garchomp with a sliver of health remaining after leftovers.

it took 2 aqua tails to finish the monster off and a bit of luck on needing 1 more fire fang from it

did feel good considering all the mons i used were part of my main team at some point of the playhrough(littleo got replaced by growlithe once i found it ) so the only thing i needed to do was get littleo from pc and begin.

probably would have been bit less luck based if i trained a mon with night shade, leech seed or an SE move to tank a single attack, and finish it off with just 1 attack. did use spinarak/ariados at some point( my bane of PULSE Tangrowths) but i didnt consider it then because it would have required a training montage to get it to a good lvl and even then im not sure if it could take just any hit from it. even at -6

this was on episode 12 version for those curious

Edited by Jellybat

mine was a bit more luck based. Lvl 24 Koffing that I picked up for Florina (this was before ep.11 I think.) Was hoping that Dragon rush would miss, and it did. Start spamming smokescreen. Down to minus 6 acc. Then starting spamming sludge to try to poison it, and I manage to get it. Finally dragon rush hits, after 12 time or so. Move on to torterra. Leech seed, and spam eq. continue, Ai starts spamming full restore, etc..... go on Arcanine, finish him. Outrage knocks him down to 24 hp, you have to be kidding me. But, oh wait! LEECH SEED!!!! PRAISE ARCEUS!!!!!! A lvl 43 Arcanine defeats a lvl 75 Garchomp. Chew on that Solaris!

Edited by ShadowDefender

5 trubbish with aftermath

i dont think its that simple really. i dont know the exact range when the ai starts using a full restore. but if you simply send aftermath after aftermath the AI is definately going to use 1 after the 4th is triggered because leftovers keeps it alive.

however it might be possible if you stall it to the point when garchomp has 24% cause of the leftovers. but i have a feeling the treshold for the full restore is around 25%

although just spamming revives on those aftermaths would definately work.. you just need 10+ of em to counter every full restore

ON THE OTHER HAND it did give me an idea for a way to defeat garchomp and bypassing the entire full restore business.:

get:

dusclops with curse

2x intimidate mons in order for dusclops stay above 50% and get the curse off

anything with aftermath.

fairly simple. you stall until garchomp is below 50% with curse but above full restore range and prcoeed to send the mon with aftermath to kill it before the AI has any chance to use a full restore.

Edited by Jellybat

Tossed a Quick Claw on Jynx and had her use Perish Song. (Move relearner moves OP)

The Garchomp fainted two team members and had terrible move accuracy syndrome on my Grumpig. Was dead without putting a scratch on him.

There are longer ways around, but there are definitely options for shorter ones. Personally I think the longer ones are more fun, since you've got to plan accordingly for every little thing, but that's just me.

I'm going to try a Julia strategy on him... Take 6 Forretress with Sturdy and Explosion and try...

Should work, i guess...

Personally I doubt you'll get enough damage on him. With like 4 full restores you'll just end up killing your team. Don't let that stop you trying though.

Too many Full Restores

Just lowered his Attack and Sp. Def for da Slurpuff Draining Kiss. Ended up using Fire Fang, in the rain.

Also, 2 out of 4 moves had no effect on my Pokemon depending on who I switched out, Slurpuff had Dragon Rush, Noibat had Earthquake, Sandslash had Stone Edge, and Macargo had Fire Fang.

I should've just got a Shuppet using Curse, and called it a day.

• 1 year later...

My plan is to Baton Pass Evasion from my Emolga with Double Team to a Throh/Sawk with Bulk Up. I am doing it with a Throh because its defense is higher than Sawk's, but I might be switching from Throh to Sawk if I don't do well enough (due to Sawk's Sturdy). Tell me what happens in that event later in the game if I beat the Garchomp because hearing about that event made me very curious.