Mystery Egg - Gastly

jo_lo29

Hey guys, new user here, was just wondering if it were at all possible to trade in this game? I know theres an online feature but i've heard mixed stories about how it's used and when, (some people say you need 10 badges or something)

Story is, i've restarted my save three times to get Gastly from the mystery egg. and all three times i've got a stupid Vulpix. Would there be anyone willing to trade a Gastly egg for a Vulpix (Alolan) Egg?

Thanks in advance for any help

- Josh

Edited by jo_lo29
Correcting myself

As far as I know, the Pokémon inside the mystery egg is determined when you choose your starter, so in your case it'll always be a Vulpix. You'd have to basically reset the entire game to try to get a different Pokémon from the egg.

And yes, there's a trading feature in this game, but I've never used it so I don't know when it becomes available to the player. It can be accessed via the Pokégear.

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, jo_lo29 said:

Hey guys, new user here, was just wondering if it were at all possible to trade in this game? I know theres an online feature but i've heard mixed stories about how it's used and when, (some people say you need 10 badges or something)

Story is, i've rerolled three times to get Gastly from the mystery egg. and all three times i've got a stupid Vulpix. Would there be anyone willing to trade a Gastly egg for a Vulpix (Alolan) Egg?

Thanks in advance for any help

- Josh

Yes you can trade at any time using online play from within the pokegear. You can't really reroll the mystery egg because it's determined when you start your save

1 minute ago, Starry Knight said:

It is possible to get gastly last I heard from mystery egg after Amarias gym it's now possible to catch one in the wild

Hmmm, thats pretty late in the game. I'd love it really if I could trade the Vulpix egg for a Gaatly one. I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum and theres actually a trading one..?

Just now, jo_lo29 said:

Hmmm, thats pretty late in the game. I'd love it really if I could trade the Vulpix egg for a Gaatly one. I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum and theres actually a trading one..?

Servers are down right now but I'll keep a gastly aside for you

your topic was moved by an admin to the correct area for future reference tho

Edited by Starry Knight

Just now, jo_lo29 said:

Thanks so much man. Sorry to be a bother. Let me know if/when you're available 

Will do, trying to WT a few breedjects away cause I didn't want to release them so I've been trying just let me know when you log off for the day depending on when servers are up  it could be awhile I have a gastly readily avaiable however the servers are down sadly

Just now, Starry Knight said:

Will do, trying to WT a few breedjects away cause I didn't want to release them so I've been trying just let me know when you log off for the day depending on when servers are up  it could be awhile I have a gastly readily avaiable however the servers are down sadly

I usually check back here sporadically, but don't feel like you need to rush or anything, I understand how tedious breeding is 😛

4 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

they unfortuneatly stopped working last night so idk if they will be back up anytime soon as they currently still aren't

Hmmm thats alright, nothing we can do about it I suppose. I'll log off for today and check back tonight, (it's 8am where I am) and see if anything has changed. Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Just now, jo_lo29 said:

Hmmm thats alright, nothing we can do about it I suppose. I'll log off for today and check back tonight, (it's 8am where I am) and see if anything has changed. Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

perhaps if you can in about 5h? that would mean 9pm where I am

4 hours ago, jo_lo29 said:

All good. Let me know if anything changes

I'll try again in a bit

@jo_lo29 the situation hasn't changed I tried about 30 minutes ago if it isn't back on tomorrow send me your file using personal messanger and I'll use my mod to transfer one to you. If it comes to that please have the last box in your PC clear of all Pokemon just in case

Edited by Starry Knight

4 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

I'll try again in a bit

@jo_lo29 the situation hasn't changed I tried about 30 minutes ago if it isn't back on tomorrow send me your file using personal messanger and I'll use my mod to transfer one to you. If it comes to that please have the last box in your PC clear of all Pokemon just in case

No problem, thanks so much for your help.  I only have about 4 pokemon in in my pc so that won't be an issue 😛