Pokemon Reborn E18 Complete Speedrun Route

Arkadius

Hello everyone, 

With reference to my previous topic: 

E18... A big change, but completely justified, was made to move X-items from floor 2 to floor 8 in the department store. This caused a major reroute for the E17 route. It was a lot of fun though to see if all of the difficult fights that previously relied on x items were possible without them. Ultimately though, I had to route x items in. So during the run we pick up 6 stickers:

- Jasper ward girl

- Apophyl Academy tv girl

- Lost guy in underground railnet

- Injured teleported woman from spinel town in Chrysolia Forest

- Agate city boy

- Ametrine city MissingNo 

Another change that was made actually helpes the speedrun: pokemon that overlevel during a battle don't disobey until after the fight. This helped, especially with gym leaders. 

E18's content was a lot of fun to route. The first time I did the Espeon and Glaceon puzzle I was, well, puzzled. In the speedrun however it's easier because a lot of the puzzles to get certain items are skipped. The fights are really fun. The big battle against Cain & Shelly, Luna and Serra & Radomus was difficult, but the strats are pretty consistent. Another tough battle is Solaris in Agate City, but it has decent strats. At some point it should be examined if not fighting Taka at the Water treatment center is faster. 

Find the route here: Mega link, .pdf file, 29.7MB

(or: https://mega.nz/#!VMBFTAxT!5lcBkJwV2w6EBckk3RaDCbHqH03P7e_QvGA1C0t3yLU )

I've only done 1 test run so far. Certain strats might not work because of differences in stats etc. 

So now I guess it's time for runs.. Maybe a segmented run again. We'll see 🙂

-Arkadius