The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

1 hour ago, Commander said:

Mapping for the post game most likely will be very very small since it's just adding a couple maps on at the most. Eventing is a complete mystery as I don't know what Ame wants and plans to do. Could be a few months or could be a three weeks thing.

I mean aside from legendaries,ultra beats etc. and maybe a few sidequests, what Eventing needs to be done ?

Just now, HakuryuYukio said:

I mean aside from legendaries,ultra beats etc. and maybe a few sidequests, what Eventing needs to be done ?

(Deep breath) Eventing consists of all dialogues, warps, battles, encounters, etc all which use a tile to complete these tasks. At bare minimum there will need to be at least 1 event for each "Leader" character for gym leader rematches which will be around 30 or so events. This does not include any and all sidequests which each scene would need an event. And if all legendaries are encounters you talk to that adds another 60 or so events. That's about 100 events off the top of my head. I don't know the postgame plans other than just some things said here and there over the years but this could be a small thing or be a massive project.

But let's assume Reborn is an 80 hour game in total on average. I'd assume the postgame would be 5-10 hours worth of content. That's just my ballpark guess on what to expect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Commander said:

(Deep breath) Eventing consists of all dialogues, warps, battles, encounters, etc all which use a tile to complete these tasks. At bare minimum there will need to be at least 1 event for each "Leader" character for gym leader rematches which will be around 30 or so events. This does not include any and all sidequests which each scene would need an event. And if all legendaries are encounters you talk to that adds another 60 or so events. That's about 100 events off the top of my head. I don't know the postgame plans other than just some things said here and there over the years but this could be a small thing or be a massive project.

But let's assume Reborn is an 80 hour game in total on average. I'd assume the postgame would be 5-10 hours worth of content. That's just my ballpark guess on what to expect.

I see. I thought that the dialogues belonged to the story part. Also, we shouldn't forget about potential puzzles when it comes to legendaries. Those will also take some time to make. Especially for top tier ones like Groudon,Kyogre and Rayquaza (because of their Primal Reversion/Mega Evolution). Same probably goes for Arceus. And God knows what Puzzle we have to through for the Creation Trio. You could so much with Time/Space/Antimatter.

22 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

I see. I thought that the dialogues belonged to the story part. Also, we shouldn't forget about potential puzzles when it comes to legendaries. Those will also take some time to make. Especially for top tier ones like Groudon,Kyogre and Rayquaza (because of their Primal Reversion/Mega Evolution). Same probably goes for Arceus. And God knows what Puzzle we have to through for the Creation Trio. You could so much with Time/Space/Antimatter.

Some Distortion World/Regular world puzzles would be cool, as one overwhelms the other...

1 hour ago, Burningocean2012 said:

I'm thinking we get it by August too and even then with so much being done then maybe we get a non-public release before then.That'd be awesome.

I wouldn't be so sure, I'd think the e19 stuff could potentially done by then but don't forget post-game stuff. We've still got a while yet but Ame is making good progress.

hey peeps,

do you know if the 19 holds a specific significance? I mean, was it meant to be the number of episodes up to the finale all the way? Or does it just so happen that the episodes accumulated to 19? 🙂

i got this funny feeling the canon "ending" that has the extended version will probably be along the reshiram route which would mean a good few people, namely myself would have to play from scratch all over again or something along those lines

3 minutes ago, Chameleon109 said:

Absolutely. A lot of people will have to start a new game; I'd bet that the special ending would require you to also do things like

Reveal hidden contents

rescuing all of the Police Officers

and

Reveal hidden contents

defeating Solaris on Pyrous Mountain. 

Spoiler

It’s when you choose those certain choices that generates variable positive points for Anna and Shade. Also defeating foes like Solaris’ Garchomp. Not entirely sure if that’s the case. You can take a look at the relationship guide somewhere in the forums.

16 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

i got this funny feeling the canon "ending" that has the extended version will probably be along the reshiram route which would mean a good few people, namely myself would have to play from scratch all over again or something along those lines

I'll try to work on a solution for anyone who doesn't want to lose all their pokemon when replaying the game all over again. I can at least let you guys keep all your Pokemon but items might all be lost other than ones you hold onto with your party and the PC. We'll work on an optimal solution for second playthroughs.

• Upvote 2

On 4/17/2019 at 9:30 PM, ArcBolt27 said:

I doubt it because then there would be point to have the player play the other route.

Spoiler

Its more likely just getting a certain threshold of points for Anna.

7 hours ago, robiseljak said:

Implying that anyone doesn't want to replay the game from start once it's finally completed? 😄

Its the best fangame I ever played but it is quite stressful. I'll have to be in the right mood like with Dark Souls before I try doing a replay since I don't play games for their difficulty but for the story and characters.

No bets on who's dying after the update? Don't forget Taka has to die in the second route somewhere. Also, maybe Solaris won't make it, so ancient legacy is finally killed off? Would fit Lin style. Then, sisters will probably rip Sirius into pieces once they find out it was him who burned Belrose Mansion. Who else left from ''die-able'' characters?

14 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

The whole point of the second route is Taka doesn't die, its supposed to be the "ideal" path to take. However it might be a tradeoff of Reshiram has Solaris live, while Zeckrom has Taka live.

Isn't the route where Taka dies (not battling him in WTC) the one in which we gain pluses with Anna and Shade (so being ideal)?