The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

16 minutes ago, Egzample said:

Alright guys, what are the chances Gen8 gonna be introduced into the Reborn? Pretty low, due to timelines? And to be honest, knowing that it will probably make the progress slow down sharply, I wouldn't mind it.

I'm going to answer this with a definite answer: Ame and the Reborn dev team have no plans if implementing another generation at this time. There is a near 0 percent chance of this happening. I can't say what happens but if Gen 8 gets implemented into Reborn I'm just gonna delete redux entirely because I'm not gonna deal with that.

And if you are thinking about asking if Reborn will implement Gen 8, it might be better to save your breath because it will be asked 100s of times dare I say. I don't even want to go back and think about all the times this was asked. It's going to get asked 100s of times and it will be the same answer every time. There were initially no plans to implement Gen VII until pretty much the episode 17 quite a number of months after Gen VII was released. But pay attention as this is the only time I'm going to answer the question:

I think you know the answer better than any of us. No, I'm being serious. I know as much of an answer to this question as I know about Gen 8. Of course Ame isnt going to promise Gen 8 content as that'd be stupid. Why would you promise something you don't know anything about? You aren't going to get an answer you are looking for probably until February of next year possibly.

Ame can correct me on this but the goal most likely is to finish all the planned content for the game before even looking at adding additional content. February 2020 IS NOT the time Reborn will be finished but let's say it is. And let's say Ame wants to add Gen 8 as one last surprise. More people likely wou...no almost would have to be added to the dev group. Ame probably is going to have more of a priority on her other projects while this group focuses on adding Gen 8 on top of QAing it a second time. Let's just assume it's really easy and it gets implemented throughout the game. It's smooth sailing that adds 4 to 6 months. We will have to add an additional month for the content the remake added. We are talking about September of 2021 before the public release of Reborn.

That's being theoretical as this could go straight into the middle of 2022 when Gen 9 is announced and confirmed. Do you think people want to wait three years for this? That's the problem with asking now. There's just way too many unknown variables. People just don't understand this and why it takes so long. That's why I'll probably just answer that there are no plans for now on.

• Upvote 3

On 3/1/2019 at 3:20 AM, Commander said:

I'm going to answer this with a definite answer: Ame and the Reborn dev team have no plans if implementing another generation at this time. There is a near 0 percent chance of this happening. I can't say what happens but if Gen 8 gets implemented into Reborn I'm just gonna delete redux entirely because I'm not gonna deal with that.

And if you are thinking about asking if Reborn will implement Gen 8, it might be better to save your breath because it will be asked 100s of times dare I say. I don't even want to go back and think about all the times this was asked. It's going to get asked 100s of times and it will be the same answer every time. There were initially no plans to implement Gen VII until pretty much the episode 17 quite a number of months after Gen VII was released. But pay attention as this is the only time I'm going to answer the question:

I think you know the answer better than any of us. No, I'm being serious. I know as much of an answer to this question as I know about Gen 8. Of course Ame isnt going to promise Gen 8 content as that'd be stupid. Why would you promise something you don't know anything about? You aren't going to get an answer you are looking for probably until February of next year possibly.

Ame can correct me on this but the goal most likely is to finish all the planned content for the game before even looking at adding additional content. February 2020 IS NOT the time Reborn will be finished but let's say it is. And let's say Ame wants to add Gen 8 as one last surprise. More people likely wou...no almost would have to be added to the dev group. Ame probably is going to have more of a priority on her other projects while this group focuses on adding Gen 8 on top of QAing it a second time. Let's just assume it's really easy and it gets implemented throughout the game. It's smooth sailing that adds 4 to 6 months. We will have to add an additional month for the content the remake added. We are talking about September of 2021 before the public release of Reborn.

That's being theoretical as this could go straight into the middle of 2022 when Gen 9 is announced and confirmed. Do you think people want to wait three years for this? That's the problem with asking now. There's just way too many unknown variables. People just don't understand this and why it takes so long. That's why I'll probably just answer that there are no plans for now on.

Pretty much everything you just said.

Also Reborn already updated not once but twice with gen 6 and gen 7. Adding another generation when the game is close to being finished would be overkill. Ame should just stick to her plans. Let future fan games deal with gen 8. Reborn is such a great game that it wouldn't really suffer from the lack of gen 8 content.

Yo, I just want to say i've been following Reborn, Rejuv, the mods and everything that comes out of this forum for YEARS and every single time you guys amaze me, really. 

It's trully inspiring to see how far Reborn has come.
Thank you for your dedication, for the amazing story, for the incredible deep characters. Really its not just about the game, i've been playing since the first few episodes and with each update, each new episode, each new minor dialogue added, i could see everything about it maturing.
I'm glad I found this game so long ago and I share the feeling of excitement and nostalgia for the end to come. 
I rarely post, usually just a bug report or some request, so I don't know all the names besides Ame and the Commander, and i wish english was my first language so this post could be a little more descriptive of the feeling, but i say this to everyone in the dev-team: thank you very, very much

now, on towards the end 🙂

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 2/13/2019 at 3:35 PM, Destrakon said:

Agreed. She goes devil mode when it comes to puzzles.

Ame if you're reading this please, make easy.

no?

thanks for the kind words everyone 💜💜💜

i still don't intend to add gen 8. it'd take something really, really cute to convince me-- and that's also if they don't dick it up with too many unique/changed mechanics. as much as i want the game to be finished and fully updated, i have to draw a line for practicality somewhere.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

no?

If possible, make them even harder

I like it

Buuuuuuuuut

Now the important thing

Im looking forward to battle saphira and her army of Drampasgons, cause shes one of my favs.

After all this team meteor thing, i would like to hug almost every character (ya dont get a hug cause ya dead sorry) 

Im looking at the % every fucking time i log in (sorry), so i hope i dont miss any update

Thanks i guess

Edited by Yahen

Would be pretty cool to change a little hidden power, its a move to counter very specific pokemons with a 4  super effective damage, its rewards careful preparation and make a little easier mono type teams.But in the current time you cant change it... If you disvinculate the move with ivs would possibilate change type. If its to powerful, you could restring it with high cost and bagdes(for example: after defeat gym 1 you have acess to hd normal; if you defeat gym 16 you have acess to hp ice),  what do you think?

10 hours ago, theagente00g said:

Would be pretty cool to change a little hidden power, its a move to counter very specific pokemons with a 4  super effective damage, its rewards careful preparation and make a little easier mono type teams.But in the current time you cant change it... If you disvinculate the move with ivs would possibilate change type. If its to powerful, you could restring it with high cost and bagdes(for example: after defeat gym 1 you have acess to hd normal; if you defeat gym 16 you have acess to hp ice),  what do you think?

Nah, I guess it is better the normal way.

E19 at 52%!! We're halfway to-go!

I’m assuming those percentages are rough estimates, but it’s still nice to see the scorecard clear 10% in half a month and then another 10% in 2 days with the biggest mapping parts being done so far. This probably means we’re getting back to rapid updates once more whew. (Hope I’m not the only one who looks at the development blog a lot)

5 minutes ago, L__Haze said:

I’m assuming those percentages are rough estimates, but it’s still nice to see the scorecard clear 10% in half a month and then another 10% in 2 days with the biggest mapping parts being done so far. This probably means we’re getting back to rapid updates once more whew. (Hope I’m not the only one who looks at the development blog a lot)

You're not, I do too, like 10 times in a day? lol

On 3/4/2019 at 1:42 AM, Amethyst said:

i still don't intend to add gen 8. it'd take something really, really cute to convince me-- and that's also if they don't dick it up with too many unique/changed mechanics. as much as i want the game to be finished and fully updated, i have to draw a line for practicality somewhere.

Well, after Alola and Lets go!, it seems they are not too inventive with this official game release, so we are one A-Ninetales away from gen8 introduction! 

Ofc kidding, I agree with the above, it would be an overkill and unnecessary. The time to finish this project is near and it is a good time to finish, cause from now it could, in my observation, only go downhill. How long it's been?

10 hours ago, Juice said:

I know we're still a long, long way from release (as in, not 2019), but I still get excited to see even small progress! 

It’s really gonna take that long eh? I thought it’d be done by at least August if were being generous, but I guess the postgame and the rest would take a long time

10 hours ago, L__Haze said:

It’s really gonna take that long eh? I thought it’d be done by at least August if were being generous, but I guess the postgame and the rest would take a long time

It's more just being realistic about it. 

I have no idea, but game dev takes a long time. Don't forget the extensive testing that'll have to go into the finished product to make it as polished as possible. 

The question is, what hides under the post-game work to be done. Re-mapping half of the map? I assume all sidequests, normal and for legendaries, are included there, since they are absent in the current score board. What's more?

25 minutes ago, Egzample said:

The question is, what hides under the post-game work to be done. Re-mapping half of the map? I assume all sidequests, normal and for legendaries, are included there, since they are absent in the current score board. What's more?

Mapping for the post game most likely will be very very small since it's just adding a couple maps on at the most. Eventing is a complete mystery as I don't know what Ame wants and plans to do. Could be a few months or could be a three weeks thing.

1 hour ago, Commander said:

Mapping for the post game most likely will be very very small since it's just adding a couple maps on at the most. Eventing is a complete mystery as I don't know what Ame wants and plans to do. Could be a few months or could be a three weeks thing.

Even one small room with one legendary/mythical each seems like a fair bit of work due to how many there are.