The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

Just now, ArcBolt27 said:

considering even with breaks its not really that hard to gtet to the end of e18 even without mods..... albeit an extra hour or 2 might need to be tacked on there when not utilizing debug mode or other mods to make things easier but again even without them just playing pure vanilla style its honestly not as hard as some people make it out to be......... just takes a little longer

I'm aware it isn't that hard...

• I have a problem with getting far too invested with video games at times, especially ones that require grinding (which I am a vocal minority member on, grinding is super relaxing and helpful), searching for favorite things to use, and really trying to understand some kind of lore. I'm trying to escape college so I can have a life at the same time as this game is evolving. It's either I play Reborn and my grades suffer, or I do school and Amethyst makes a ton of progress while I'm not looking.
  • I am TERRIBLE at Pokemon. Noel is actually the most annoying child fictional -or- real on the planet.

53 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

considering even with breaks its not really that hard to gtet to the end of e18 even without mods..... albeit an extra hour or 2 might need to be tacked on there when not utilizing debug mode or other mods to make things easier but again even without them just playing pure vanilla style its honestly not as hard as some people make it out to be......... just takes a little longer

It's like I'm not even here. Though I'm sure most of us remember how things were before mods and unintentionally opening the flood gates kind of changed how things are handled around here. I find it funny how Debug mode is the new Gyarados. So for the oldies here, that was basically what people said to do when asking for help. E11 through I'd say E15 is where people really got into the strategies and suggestions. Good times. But yeah, I'd say up to E18 you shouldn't hit too many walls as E18 really is a roulette wheel of difficulty depending on what you have and how much you're willing to waste on certain fights.

50 minutes ago, Chase said:
  • I have a problem with getting far too invested with video games at times, especially ones that require grinding (which I am a vocal minority member on, grinding is super relaxing and helpful), searching for favorite things to use, and really trying to understand some kind of lore. I'm trying to escape college so I can have a life at the same time as this game is evolving. It's either I play Reborn and my grades suffer, or I do school and Amethyst makes a ton of progress while I'm not looking.
  • I am TERRIBLE at Pokemon. Noel is actually the most annoying child fictional -or- real on the planet.

For your first point, I kind of have to agree there. That's kind of why I have specific days I work on projects and the rest go to schooling. Though I will say that choosing between doing 1,000 tedious text edits does give motivation to do schoolwork. Also I don't mind grinding at all as you can often multitask while doing it or sometimes I use grinding as an excuse to test out new things I've acquired to see how good or useful the are.

Hi, I design what could be considered some of the most difficult fights in Pokemon history. I'm actually not all that spectacular at Pokemon. I mean I got the gist of everything and can win matches competitively, but I never could win any of those Master Fights I made. I ask myself "How do you people do this?" every time someone says they beat it.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that there were some pulses that we didn't fought in the Main Story such as Pulse Camerupt, Pulse Hypno, and the scrapped Pulse Budew (Ame's favorite pokemon) that they have a description and stats in the Pulse Dex (except for Budew).

It would be interesting to find something in the post-game like in an abandoned lab somewhere in Byxbysion Wasteland, Lost Railcave or somewhere in the underwater houses in the Azurine Lake that Eve or Team Meteor ran secretly to test the pulses, something like a machine that can re-create all the Pulses and enter a Pulse battle mode. 

This mode should be similar to a Battle Tower concept where you will choose 6 pokemon, no items during battle, and try to beat all the pulses one by one as if each pulse was a different trainer. All the pulses are Lv 100.

If you beat all the pulses then you could be rewarded with the newly discovered pokemon Meltan or I don't know, the beginning of the Arceus sidequest maybe. 

Throwing this out there, for postgame ideas.

4 minutes ago, kingjrcasanova said:

I know that there were some pulses that we didn't fought in the Main Story such as Pulse Camerupt, Pulse Hypno, and the scrapped Pulse Budew (Ame's favorite pokemon) that they have a description and stats in the Pulse Dex (except for Budew).

It would be interesting to find something in the post-game like in an abandoned lab somewhere in Byxbysion Wasteland, Lost Railcave or somewhere in the underwater houses in the Azurine Lake that Eve or Team Meteor ran secretly to test the pulses, something like a machine that can re-create all the Pulses and enter a Pulse battle mode. 

This mode should be similar to a Battle Tower concept where you will choose 6 pokemon, no items during battle, and try to beat all the pulses one by one as if each pulse was a different trainer. All the pulses are Lv 100.

If you beat all the pulses then you could be rewarded with the newly discovered pokemon Meltan or I don't know, the beginning of the Arceus sidequest maybe. 

Throwing this out there, for postgame ideas.

I could sort of see that happening in the Carnelia region, perhaps somewhere hidden near Victory Road, if something like that were to happen.  Instead of a lab, I always kind of pictured it would be like a PULSE Museum, one that is designed by secret members of Team Meteor (Or perhaps remnants of Team Meteor).  It would have the same kind of puzzles as each of the PULSE did when we were trying to reach them, except they would all be in one, massive hideout.  For example, there could be a barrier outside surrounding the place, as well as blasts from Clawitzer when trying to get close.  I could see surfing to reach the place difficult, as poison would pollute the waters.  And through the forests?  Don't even try, the PULSE-Tangrowth of that place would be much stronger, I could imagine seeing a puzzle like Lost Woods!  All of the PULSE, of course, would still be level 100, plus I imagined even more PULSE that would perhaps be similar to Arc-PULSE.  I know it's all imagination, but could you imagine a Omega-PULSE Groudon, or Alpha-PULSE Kyogre?  Maybe even a Delta-PULSE Rayquaza, or DNA-PULSE Deoxys, or Mewtwo, even?  Maybe Lugia, or Ho-Oh?  The possibilities are, as Taka said, endless, and that goes for ALL Pokemon.

I don't remember there being mentions of a PULSE-Budew, but that would have been interesting.  If I'm fooled, well I'd still be amazed to see a PULSE-Budew, real or not.

*Note, this is all imagination and idea speculation coming from a madman.

15 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Would it be possible for you to add an alternate way of getting at least one each of the mineable fossils and odd keystone, a lot of people seem unable to get them all

ive been able to get the most of them iirc save for i think the gen 6 fossils and lord helix himself but its been a while since i last played so i cant really remember

11 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

ive been able to get the most of them iirc save for i think the gen 6 fossils and lord helix himself but its been a while since i last played so i cant really remember

Pretty much every 3 days or so I've been seeing at least one fossil request usually helix or odd keystone not to mention the occasional PM I get  for them and Whismur line

20 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

What if the main character dies at the end?

Spoiler

I mean, presumably we'd have finished what Alternate Timeline!Anna wished us to be able to do by then, so life should go on. Adrienn's gonna be really disappointed, though...

3 hours ago, kingjrcasanova said:

In case you are just wandering what Lin is currently up to, here is a picture of what she is doing right now. So sweet decorating for christmas! A REBORN christmas!

Christmas - Lin.JPG

And anyone who criticises this choice gets a Hydreigon to the face

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 8:32 AM, kingjrcasanova said:

In case you are just wandering what Lin is currently up to, here is a picture of what she is doing right now. So sweet decorating for christmas! A REBORN christmas!

Christmas - Lin.JPG

Another nice thing I found while cruising through The Big Bang Theory, Somewhere about ending season 10 or beginning of season 11. Not about Lin, but someone else. Some of us hate him more than Lin, although not me.

*SPOILERS* maybe.

Spoiler

IMG_20181114_191532.JPG.594c6a669cd81cdcdb2b8977656a97a1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2018 at 4:23 PM, ShadeStrider said:

Also, this should be Lin’s battle theme.

Or we riot.

https://youtu.be/t7wJ8pE2qKU

Decent, but I think this one would be even better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

But tbh, it will likely be a remix of a theme in the pokemon games. Maybe based on the Arceus-theme? Or perhaps like the one for Angie in Rejuvenation?

20 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

That meme died a long time ago.

It did, quite a while ago so. Thought that made it a bit more unexpected, but oh well. (Would be funny if used in this case, tho. Getting ripped apart by that hydreigon on those tunes would be so jarring it becomes hilarious imo.)

The rest still stands, however. Haven't heard that much done with the Arceus theme from gen4, even though it might be a good basis for something quite imposing. Lin is just ideal to have a theme displaying both restraint and brute force, mixed with a bit of terror.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still holding onto the hope that whatever post-game event gives you Cosmog is bag-themed or has bags involved in some way (like finding someone smuggling a Cosmog in a bag).  I just think incorporating bags to reference the meme is too good an opportunity to pass up, assuming someone can think of something good.  That's probably the only two cents I can give about anything here atm.

• Upvote 2

Speaking about lin's theme, do someone can tell me where can i find this music at 5:12 (when lin comes in)

Spoiler

Edit: i'm not sure it's the same than ep 18, if someone could provide me both it'd be awesome, thanks ! 

Edited by Anddy

• Global Mods
44 minutes ago, Anddy said:

Speaking about lin's theme, do someone can tell me where can i find this music at 5:12 (when lin comes in)

Hide contents

Edit: i'm not sure it's the same than ep 18, if someone could provide me both it'd be awesome, thanks ! 

It's hard to hear the music over the uploader's voice, but it sounds like a slowed down version of Cynthia's theme. Maybe GlitchxCity's remix slowed down.

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's the same sample, but it kinda feel like a remix more than simply slowed down, i listened it in 0.5 and it's not like in ep 18 i believe, i might have a save which goes to this moment but i have like 2400 saves so I can't confirm 😛