The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

On 8/31/2019 at 1:58 PM, Commander said:

Just doing some glancing math that seems a reasonable timeframes to expect the game to go into testing. I was just assuming all legend events would take a week and that leads to do even though that probably isn't the case (any shorter time would be for the other stuff so it evens out) we would be in about March. So around May would be a good guess when the game will public.

Well, given that it's a mystery to many how much effort these legendary quests require, I can't blame people for having a hard time to form a reasonable understanding of the time it would require to finish the remaining postgame.

I can only assume each legendary quest is a massive effort, but whether the seemingly slow progress is due to its deceptively small appearance on the progress bars or other stuff happening behind the scenes is unknown to me. Perhaps this could be communicated more clearly to temper expectations on said release date?

21 minutes ago, laggless01 said:

Well, given that it's a mystery to many how much effort these legendary quests require, I can't blame people for having a hard time to form a reasonable understanding of the time it would require to finish the remaining postgame.

I can only assume each legendary quest is a massive effort, but whether the seemingly slow progress is due to its deceptively small appearance on the progress bars or other stuff happening behind the scenes is unknown to me. Perhaps this could be communicated more clearly to temper expectations on said release date?

There's a lot going on, even roaming ledgendary Pokemon require a lot of time to do, these people also have jobs and whatnot as well, not to mention they require to test the AI they created and any other features. I imagine Cass is going crazy programming the teams for night club which takes time and then testing the teams which takes time

4 hours ago, laggless01 said:

4 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

There's a lot going on, even roaming ledgendary Pokemon require a lot of time to do, these people also have jobs and whatnot as well, not to mention they require to test the AI they created and any other features. I imagine Cass is going crazy programming the teams for night club which takes time and then testing the teams which takes time

A lot of people don't have the slightest clue how difficult creating new content can be at times. They seem to think it's just writing a few lines of code, insert a few models/textures/animations and it's done.... But of course it's not that easy.

But hey, we are talking about the Reborn dev team here. We may have to wait a little longer, but we will get a finished product^^ This is not EA or Ubisoft^^

4 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

Honestly? This version already looks better than Sword and Shield, and I've barely even seen anything yet.

As of now, it's not that difficult to be better than Sword and Shield^^

• Upvote 2

• Veterans
5 hours ago, laggless01 said:

so I have grad school and Ame's splitting her time between starlight and reborn, currently favoring starlight.

summer 2020 would be my safest estimate for a release date.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, andracass said:

so I have grad school and Ame's splitting her time between starlight and reborn, currently favoring starlight.

Fast forward to summer 2020, ppl started to pin down Cass for this statement because it is the first day of summer and Reborn EP19 is not ready yet XD

2 minutes ago, andracass said:

o_o

Just now, Amethyst said:

for the safety of our team  members, the newest estimate for release is now summer of 2052.

hahahahaha, what have i done.....

Sorry Cass, sorry Ame, but i just HAD to make that joke about summer 2020. You know how impatient fans can be about releases and release dates. They be like "You said summer 2020! It IS Summer in 2 weeks!" Where's the game? Where's the game? Where's the game?"

Now where did i put my stupid time machine.....

19 hours ago, andracass said:

I do understand the personal stuff of each team member and the difficulty to both maintain the game quality and release the game as fast as possible. Since it’s a fan game, the developer cannot gain profit with the game. I always admire people who sacrifice their spare time to persist in doing things without profit for years simply for fun and their supporters. I wish I can also do something to make the progress faster, but I have my job as well. 

23 hours ago, andracass said:

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. That sounds like a lot of work to juggle to me, and I am finishing my master thesis 😬

Good luck with those things :)

• Upvote 1

minor additions: people swim in the lake now

why were there no people swimming in the lake

it's a lake

I knew something felt a little bit off about the lake and now I know what that was. Will we get some divers, too? Treasure hunters?

• Like 1

Yeah well.....it's a lake^^ Usually people swim in lakes, even if there are signs that say no swimming in the lake.....ESPECIALLY if there are signs that say no swimming in the lake!

Which got me thinking.....maybe there was nobody swimming in the lake because there are lots of Tentacruel in the lake?

So yes, i hope we get to fight some swimmer / diver type trainers while surfing / diving.

Funny, ShogokiX. I was just at the beach and got stung a lot by broken off pieces of jellyfish. And saw a cool little purple one shooting off near me like a comet. Was really cool, honestly. But kinda scary. Those things hurt. Though I argue not as bad as bee stings, so long as they're not live. The live stings are excruciating from what I've seen and heard. Had a friend at the same beach who was stung.

So yeah. I guess honestly there wouldn't be swimmers in that lake. But Azurine is in Pokemon and that means swimmers have pokemon to help them. So it would make sense that they'd just consider it no different than encountering a wild mon. I mean let's face it, you go out into the grass in just about any region and there's violent animals ready to maul you. Even the caterpillars are dangerous enough to try and string you up and possibly leave you for the local rodent/dog to nibble, assuming their adult forms don't want you. Beautifly suck blood right? And Beedrils ooze peril.

But it's really great the devs thought of this. I wondered why there weren't at least a few swimmers out there at at least some point. Maybe they could be in the diving zones. Would make sense. Man, I wish there were more watery diving spots. First game was Sapphire. How I LOVED the ocean. It was awesome and I still consider Hoenn the best region design-wise, for the aspects of water exploration alone.

So thanks to them for finally adding swimmers! More exp from battling I guess. Though as a rock trainer, I guess I'm digging my own grave. Oh wait, would that be diving? Or adding weight to my millstone? Is this even a pun anymore?!?

@Feng Lei sends Golem into the battle. Golem sank to the bottom of the lake. Golem drowned. Golem died fainted.

Well.....yeah^^ Rock type trainers at the ocean^^ Remember kids: Always use protection....errrr...rock/water types when dating large bodies of water. *Kabutops! Cough! Cough! Carracosta! Cough! Cough!* Man.....thats some bad coughing....i need a doctor

• Veterans
1 minute ago, Zro567 said:

Just wondering, how is the Reborn team going to go about taking care of all the bugs?

We just kinda fix the issues one by one.

That part of the progress bars isn't getting updated a whole lot since the list of bugs there is mostly the ones that were around from 18 and includes things that are so minor that they aren't really worth fixing. It'll get more interesting once e19p goes into testing

On 9/14/2019 at 6:47 PM, andracass said:

We just kinda fix the issues one by one.

That part of the progress bars isn't getting updated a whole lot since the list of bugs there is mostly the ones that were around from 18 and includes things that are so minor that they aren't really worth fixing. It'll get more interesting once e19p goes into testing

Alpha and Beta testing in a nutshell:

Spoiler

this-is-not-fine-001-dae9d5.png?auto=com

• Like 1
  • Haha 1