The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

3 hours ago, Commander said:

I know Ame isn't necessarily taking suggestions yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean a modder or someone else can't give insight or make it come true. Anyways, I'm just saying feel free to ping me as well if anything comes up as while I'm no expert, I do know a thing or two about Pokemon Essentials and RMXP.

A synopsis itself isn't that difficult to make (a well designed one is a little bit different of a story) which is a more reasonable request over something like a flashback scenario. While flashbacks are possible, it kind of just isn't that practical mostly due to, you might have guessed it, the relationship points. It's kind of near impossible for old save to receive the right amount of relationship points because there's so many methods needed to obtain or maximize them. Heck, even saves older than E18 missed some new opportunities.

I...actually may have realized I was kind of talking about the wrong thing. Whoops! What you are asking for probably is similar to Symphonia's Fortune Teller. In that game, you could see how much certain characters liked you due to choices made in the game from various points. How it'd probably work in Reborn is you'd read a fortune and what phrase you get is based on your relationship points. It's probably the best way to help you keep track without more or less exposing the exact amounts. Is that kind of what you're looking for?

Another idea that can be done is to have a post game cutscene where one of the Reborn characters (probably Ame) tell the player what actions that they have done (like battle Taka or give Blake the ruby ring) that resulted in the ending that they got. Kind of like the Taiga dojo segments from Fate visual novels. Throw in some other Reborn characters and some humorous dialogue. 

The quote probably doesn't fit but I like and it could be vaguely connected:  "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more".

12 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Just don't subvert expectations for the sake of subverting expectations.

If Ame has an inner-smartass, you may have just inspired her to do just that.  Or maybe that's just my inner-smartass projecting.

1 minute ago, seki108 said:

If Ame has an inner-smartass, you may have just inspired her to do just that.  Or maybe that's just my inner-smartass projecting.

I mean, If it is actually clever and supports the narrative rather than making it less compelling, then that's fine with me.

Already, Wow, you devs sure are fast. Take a rest for some time. We have a loads of post-game ideas shelly best girl. Anna is a small girl and a fantastic friend. So, as usual, give it your best. It has been really great so far. I remember that I first popped out here during E15 public release or so. Great journey. Just like @ShadeStrider , I'll just post a song I got in mind. WHY DO U DO THIS TO ME DIALGA?? WHY??

1 minute ago, BRS swag said:

Already, Wow, you devs sure are fast. Take a rest for some time. We have a loads of post-game ideas shelly best girl. Anna is a small girl and a fantastic friend. So, as usual, give it your best. It has been really great so far. I remember that I first popped out here during E15 public release or so. Great journey. Just like @ShadeStrider , I'll just post a song I got in mind. WHY DO U DO THIS TO ME DIALGA?? WHY??

I actually think that this would be more suitable a post when we get to the Alpha and Beta testing phases. Right now, they've just started development of the new version. And considering the postgame, It's going to take at least 8 months before we get to that phase.

Battle Frontier for post game plz

also would like to finally see who Lin exactly is.

plz dont kill off Luna Ame I've waited so long to see her again in E18 only for her to... rip

Hyyypppeeeeeee!!! This will probably take a while, but really, who cares? The quality will undoubtedly be amazing. That being said, I'm personally really hoping for a post-game rematch system. Grinding for difficult fights and testing out different teams and strategies was a huge part of my Reborn experience, and as weird as it sounds, I'd like to relive that.

In regards to a flashback, perhaps this E18 moment.

Spoiler

The ??? could be adapted to show critical choices in the game that lead to the story path. In the same way there were changes in dialogue like Julia telling us about her downtrend in life, we could have the scene with Blake and if we gave the Ruby Ring, we could have Blake say "I figured you were a chump" and if we didn't give the ring, Shelly could say "Why would you want to hurt Heather!" Obviously these aren't the best lines but the idea is the same with no new techniques needed to accomplish the feat. If we could somehow have them reference each path as Zekrohm/Reshiram or Ideal / Truth, I think it would create a more natural knowledge gathering.

6 hours ago, Just2Reborn said:

So excited already, even if it still may be a long while away...

And as far as requests go, I was wondering if you'll be able te rematch gym leaders and possibly other bosses after beating the E4?

Ame has said she will do this, I believe this will take place in the Reborn Nightclub.

6 hours ago, SnowGlaceon said:

Maybe we’ll have a battle frontier type of deal? 

I think Ame did say a few months ago that she may do this as many people were requesting this. Battle Frontier Brains > Battle Maison Lolis

@Amethyst Thanks for being such a sweet Sylveon, and other devs, without whom Reborn wouldn't survive 👏 you really deserve it. most of them are humans unlike our sylveon and torchic. I think I must make a new playthrough.

• Like 1

Just wondering, would a New Game+ mode be possible to recreate or would that not work?

It would be really cool to rebattle all of the gym leaders and redo the whole story over again. And perhaps there could even be a new ending for doing both Reshiram and Zekrom routes.

• Like 1

One of my favourite things in the pokemon series was HG/SS Gym Leader Rematches, I love a good rematch. Hope this is featured either in the Nightclub or elsewhere, but it will be awesome regardless. 

Sidenote to Ame and Co., you've done a lot already, take a short break to get those batteries recharged. It is well earned.

On 8/29/2018 at 3:19 PM, Alisae said:

Just wondering, would a New Game+ mode be possible to recreate or would that not work?

It would be really cool to rebattle all of the gym leaders and redo the whole story over again. And perhaps there could even be a new ending for doing both Reshiram and Zekrom routes.

In case you didn't know, there is a way to have multiple saved games by manipulating files on your computer (which you can look up on the forums). But yeah, could be interesting to have extra features if you play the game twice. Absolutely no idea if that's feasible though.

On 8/28/2018 at 5:04 PM, Amethyst said:

(also will be open to some suggestions)

On 8/28/2018 at 5:32 PM, Commander said:

I know Ame isn't necessarily taking suggestions yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean a modder or someone else can't give insight or make it come true. Anyways, I'm just saying feel free to ping me as well if anything comes up as while I'm no expert, I do know a thing or two about Pokemon Essentials and RMXP.

So something I noticed was when I was going through the game's graphics folder is Red has some of his sprites in there (Green/Leaf too if I remember right) so what about a postgame bonus pokemon battle with Red, Reborn style? His Charaizard X he has in the anime could be his mega, while either pikachu or Venasuar could be the z move holder. (Venasuar to reference the manga) Other post game ideas I have is a npc that maxes the IVs and lets you customize the EVs of your Pokemon and maybe a new game + mode?

With that out of the way, it's weird to be on the final stretch, on one hand its really good, on the other hand I don't know why but it makes me sad.

2 hours ago, Equitia said:

In case you didn't know, there is a way to have multiple saved games by manipulating files on your computer (which you can look up on the forums). But yeah, could be interesting to have extra features if you play the game twice. Absolutely no idea if that's feasible though.

I know that for sure, but thats not the point. What a new game+ accomplishes is

• All Gym Leader re-matches except maybe even harder who knows
  • To defeat the Garchomp if u have not already
  • If u went the Reshiram Route, you can chose the Zekrom route
  • If u have a good relationship with someone, u can get benefits during new game+ like in persona 5 (there already are relationship variables in the game as is)
  • And lastly potentially a new ending for completing both Reshiram AND Zekrom routes.
  • Like 1

As for ideas for what to carry over for the new game + mode if it is feasible, besides the relationship points like Alisae mentioned, I would also like to keep money earned, normal items, (like max repels, most held items, potions, etc.) the dex entries, PULSE entries and Field entries.

So on the topic of New Game Plus, I'll be blunt in saying I don't think that's really going to happen beyond simply being able to replay the game and rush through it with all your old Pokemon and possibly all the items. So I'll go into the following topics listed by Alisae and say whether it's an Ame or mod thing:

17 minutes ago, Alisae said:

All Gym Leader re-matches except maybe even harder who knows

This needs someone dedicated to designing it. While the simple solution would be to just give them the rematch teams...that kind of defeats the purpose of having them postgame. I don't know what to tell or suggest to the people wanting to take the challenge other than simply: good luck. You can't really copy off of anyone including me as we didn't design the fights for something like this situation. I have a very solid idea how you'd be able to do it but someone has to make all of those fights in the PBS somehow.

20 minutes ago, Alisae said:

If u have a good relationship with someone, u can get benefits during new game+ like in persona 5 (there already are relationship variables in the game as is)

This is one of those tricky situations where I think the best approach would be for a new game + is that if you max a character before doing a new game plus, then you'd pretty much would be locked into keeping the max relation for that character. I can't necessarily say tranfer the scores over because some characters could have negative scores but this is a kind of how convoluted you want to get on this topic. I can't really judge this until we see what the dialogue will do as so far it really doesn't affect the game that much.

23 minutes ago, Alisae said:

And lastly potentially a new ending for completing both Reshiram AND Zekrom routes.

Uhhhh no. Reshiram and Zekrom AREN'T the endings or routes. They simply are one of two biggest factors in altering the story. Well 3 if you want to count defeat solaris but then it's actually like 5 paths...it's confusing. The game has only one ending. It's just that if you meet all the requirements you get the extended ending which probably means more scenes tying all that info and lore together and to make more sense of it. So I don't get why there would be a third ending when there's no second ending.

This would be something to ask a modder for instead of the Ame dev group. Writing or at least altering scenes does take time and isn't like a snap of a finger as even a single scene can take from 5 hours to maybe even a week to do depending on the planning, implementing, testing, and fixing cycles. Way too early to even say good idea or bad idea since we would need to see the actual game before even discussing this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess the really big question grinds down to who do we have willing to do what. First thing we kind of need to know is people interested in designing a new game plus mode over the bare minimum. Stuff to transfer I'm pretty sure won't be hard to implement but actual changes to the game are kind of something that will take a lot of time and effort unless you do copy and paste type scenarios. My situation is pretty much I can only be an adviser and give feedback or suggestions since I have my own demon to deal with. It's an interesting discussion that I think it's best served for a mod group to design over throwing the idea right at Ame since well it's an awkward situation which grinds down to how much work someone is willing to put in it. Fights are the biggest obstacle imo but maybe someone else will throw their two cents in.

Also doing a quick little look at the scripts, it doesn't seem like implementing a new game plus mode wouldn't be so difficult. Couple little gray areas, a graphics change needed, and some decisions to be made but nothing brutal. I better stop looking before I wrap myself up into building one.

• Like 1

Wait the game only has one ending? I was under the impression that there would be multiple endings seeing how the game is branching off into separate paths. In that case whats the difference between “routes” and “paths” like aren’t they the same thing?

1 hour ago, Alisae said:

Wait the game only has one ending? I was under the impression that there would be multiple endings seeing how the game is branching off into separate paths. In that case whats the difference between “routes” and “paths” like aren’t they the same thing?

not exactly, see the zekrom path is essentially a "everyone possible is alive and well and happy" as per ur usual typical fairy tale story, but the reshiram path takes a more dark turn where more people may end up dying and some do a complete 180 with their attitude compared to how they behave in the zekrom path................... and the kicker there is the path u end up walking is all decided on if u battle 1 very specific person or not..............

if you battle them, you walk the zekrom path, if you refuse you walk the reshiram path.............. as for who: i wont say even with a spoiler warning just in case people browsing the forums havent been there yet

We need black/white elite four remix(or original) for elite four and Blue's theme for champion please. Those are probably the most epic soundtracks not used yet. But something original could be cool too.