The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

Still cool speaking of bugs can any of you help a guy out there game glitched and now menu nor contols other then quick save and a work. They are on opal bridge but the scene is playing from just after the Arceus arc where Adrienne sees reborn

Still excited for Mew

Will be first thing I try and go after in the post game

Hmmm....i don't know what's stronger.....

My desire to finish the story.....

Or my urge to collect every Pokémon, every TM, every Mega Stone and Z-Crystal not available as of EP18, to finally recreate my most powerful Mons i had in Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon.

I tried listening to my inner voice to find that answer......

but my inner voice just said "I'm hungry! Get moving and make food you moron!"

To all the people that keep asking for more sneak peeks of what's to come, chill. There was a screenshot post last week when the Postgame scoreboard was revealed. If y'all can wait for 3 months for Sword and Shield to have more news (which people didn't start complaining about until 6 weeks or so) then you can wait for updates here too. After all:

Dev blog Updates/E19 sneak peeks < Testing to ensure that the episode is as bug free as possible

2 hours ago, Bardechia said:

I am sorry if this was answered before, but with the release date of the final episode looking like it will be next year. Is there any plan to incorporate Gen 8 into the game? 

there is a high chance that Ep 19 will be released next year. And Ame is still not sure if she will add any Gen 8 mechanics, but there will definitely be no Gen 8 pokemon .

Edit: Dynamax sounds so cool but I doubt that can be implemented to Reborn.

1 hour ago, Angelkitsune said:

there is a high chance that Ep 19 will be released next year. And Ame is still not sure if she will add any Gen 8 mechanics, but there will definitely be no Gen 8 pokemon .

Edit: Dynamax sounds so cool but I doubt that can be implemented to Reborn.

Funny bc in a way Reborn already had at least a Dynamax pokémon... Remember that Steelix from under Tanzan?

15 hours ago, andracass said:

This was less of a "why isn't everyone hyped!?!?!!" and more of a "this seems like a more appropriate discussion for a different topic". 

Sorry, I'll drop it then, I doubt me and Egzample are going to see eye to eye anyways.

Abot Gen 8....

Seeing the feature called "Max Raid Battle" gave me a headache....

Only 1 player can dynamax his Pokémon, and you have to talk to each other to coordinate your moves.....

Communicating? With random players? Working as a team? Best joke 2019 so far!

Yeah, the developers of Pokémon Sword/Shield have NEVER played any kind of online game before....

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Abot Gen 8....

Seeing the feature called "Max Raid Battle" gave me a headache....

Only 1 player can dynamax his Pokémon, and you have to talk to each other to coordinate your moves.....

Communicating? With random players? Working as a team? Best joke 2019 so far!

Yeah, the developers of Pokémon Sword/Shield have NEVER played any kind of online game before....

Counterpoint: Splatoon worked pretty well.

Are there any plans for Triple/Rotation/online Multi Battles in Reborn?

What about actual Inverse Field aside from Topsy-Turvy?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cadmium48 said:

Are there any plans for Triple/Rotation/online Multi Battles in Reborn?

What about actual Inverse Field aside from Topsy-Turvy?

Triple/Rotation battles won't be in Reborn. If they were to be added, Ame would have done that years ago. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Cadmium48 said:

Ok, you got me there. Never played Splatoon myself though.

I do not intend to be rude by any means, i'm just judging by my own experience from playing all kinds of online games.

Who knows, maybe it will work out. I would really love to see that. But i need to see it actually happen to believe it.

Remember to stay on topic about stuff, this thread is for E19/post-game discussion.

Talking about gen 8 is fine in terms of is [insert feature that is in the 8] going to be in Reborn or if it's related to Reborn in other ways is cool. 

All other gen 8 stuff should be mentioned in a separate topic (the Sword and Shield thread, PM's or statuses).

Screenshot_20190606-093624.png

2 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Remember to stay on topic about stuff, this thread is for E19/post-game discussion.

Ok, back to Topic. Will there be a more reliable way to obtain all 3 Choice Items (Band, Glass, Scarf)? That would be great.

I'm pretty cool with the "People going to challenge the champion, aka, the MC" because I think that's an idea that had to be put to work long ago in Pokémon Main game after obtaining the champion title but it wasn't.

8 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Ok, back to Topic. Will there be a more reliable way to obtain all 3 Choice Items (Band, Glass, Scarf)? That would be great.

Im sure E19 will give us enough department stickers to obtain the choice items easily, if you have the money.

I'd love the game to have some kind of restricting features, to make to game just a bit more challenging, like through a password if you start a new run after finishing the main story. Things like:

• Lower the level cap by 5 (your side only)
  • double item costs
  • restrict the use of items in battle (besides Pokéballs)
  • make enemy attacks deal 1,1 times the original damage.

2 hours ago, Conkeldurp said:

Lower the level cap by 5 (your side only)

Might be easier to just implement hard level caps since that system exists already (may as well go for Redux or Memeborn at that point)

double item costs

Way too much work since EVERY item shop would have to be hard coded to do this instead of the automatic system.

restrict the use of items in battle (besides Pokéballs)

Exists in Redux and there's a mod for it

make enemy attacks deal 1,1 times the original damage.

There's...not much point but you'd probably want to go with 1.25 x damage, 150-200% HP increase and a 25% increase in defense and special defense for a hard mode mod. Though the easier method would be to just include the Redux fights since I honestly don't mind if those are used for vanilla Reborn. There would be some issues though with level scaling. 

19 hours ago, Conkeldurp said:

Im sure E19 will give us enough department stickers to obtain the choice items easily, if you have the money.

I'd love the game to have some kind of restricting features, to make to game just a bit more challenging, like through a password if you start a new run after finishing the main story. Things like:

• Lower the level cap by 5 (your side only)
  • double item costs
  • restrict the use of items in battle (besides Pokéballs)
  • make enemy attacks deal 1,1 times the original damage.

I'd be fine with it as long as it wasn't required for something, just a option for those who want more a challenge. I never was into Reborn for its difficulty.

About implementing Gen 8...

My opinion is...don't. It would be a huge amount of work and plenty of new mechanics to add: aside from the dynamax, we would have new Pokemon, moves, etc, that would mean remaking most boss fights as well (add Solaris a dynamax Tyranitar, for example). Not saying this would take time and that I'm impatient for the release, though, it's that Reborn already feels polished and complete that I don't think adding more would be necessary. Well that's just my opinion, and it's up for the designers to decide. 

Haven't been on the thread in a while but the hype for me is still real. But there's also a part of me that's sad because for a game that I and others have followed for years to be ending now makes me realize that part of the fun of Reborn is waiting for whats going to happen next and that its going to be over soon. However it also made me realize that the fact that this fan game is getting FINISHED is a monumental achievement and it'll be nice to see the story actually end, no matter how it inevitably does. Thanks 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

True, it may be somewhat sad if it's over, but hey, it's also right the way you said: It's a monumental achievement for a fangame to reach this final stage. So many games that had potential and yet never got finished..... I am really looking forward to this, even if it may take a while.