The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

3 hours ago, Conkeldurp said:

HYPE!

And dear lord does it look like a lot of work! Idk if the LEGENDARY quests will be open for debate, but if they were, I would love to see the Mew/ Mewtwo Quests pan out like in the first Pokémon Movie! You know, where these Archeologists get an eyebrow of Mew and create Mewtwo in a laboratory with the eyebrows DNA. Mewtwo than completely destroys the lab be4 making his home on a lonesome island with an abducted Nurse Joy.  Mewtwo then delivers invitations to all the strong trainers for a contest on his island in an attempt to clone their Pokés. SO MUCH ROOM FOR CREATIVITY!!!

also, I have to watch the first Pokémon Movie now, see ya! 😄

Reborn tries its best to stay true to the world of the games instead of the world of the anime, so its more likely the Mewtwo will be the feral one that Mew gave birth to instead of the talking Team Rocket created one.

On the subject of UBs while they are wild, I wonder if they are going to attack Reborn like they did to Alola and the GB version of Hoen.

1 hour ago, The Swordsman said:

Reborn tries its best to stay true to the world of the games instead of the world of the anime, so its more likely the Mewtwo will be the feral one that Mew gave birth to instead of the talking Team Rocket created one.

On the subject of UBs while they are wild, I wonder if they are going to attack Reborn like they did to Alola and the GB version of Hoen.

I seem to recall the "giving birth" as a metaphor for Mewtwo being created from Mew and being "born" into the Cinnabar Island lab/Mansion. 

For the UBs, I'm already looking for where in Reborn could Celesteelas live (?) 

16 minutes ago, kithas said:

I seem to recall the "giving birth" as a metaphor for Mewtwo being created from Mew and being "born" into the Cinnabar Island lab/Mansion. 

For the UBs, I'm already looking for where in Reborn could Celesteelas live (?) 

It wasn't a metaphor going by how the journal entries are written, which can all be found here, 

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Mansion_journals

Mewtwo was probably cloned the real world way.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

I got a question. Since there is going to be new animations, will we be having some of them shown like we did back in the E15/16 period?

Definitely! We've been working on new animations the entire time and Smeargle already did post one earlier in this thread. I've been a little slow with marking them complete due to tunnel vision though, lol...

9 hours ago, Des Teto said:

Well, if I remember correctly, they are wild in the Ultra-Dimension, where Necrozma lives.

Don't worry, they won't be anywhere without reason.

45 minutes ago, Tiger Eye said:

Is it possible for a Battle Frontier, or even just a Battle Factory equivalent to be somewhere in the post game? 

We've got Battle Tower but there isn't really code support for anything fancier than that

Also I did promise y'all earlier I'd put up at least one screenshot once we got to post game, so here you go. I'll be hanging onto others for once we're actually closer to being done.

qK5a6Qt.png

Progress may hang for a little bit as we do testing for the main episode by the way, postgame development will start properly once that's complete.

• Like 6

If i remember correctly Ultra Beasts are at Lvl. 60 when encountered in Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon. I guess we won't meet them that much earlier in Reborn as well, in terms of levels that is.

The Ultra Beasts are quite strong, getting them too early would throw off the balance. But i guess i don't need to worry about that. Considering how much work was put into Reborn to make it a balanced, yet challenging experience, i highly doubt that we'll get the UBs that easy and thereby throwing any kind of difficulty out of the window.

7 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

If i remember correctly Ultra Beasts are at Lvl. 60 when encountered in Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon. I guess we won't meet them that much earlier in Reborn as well, in terms of levels that is.

The Ultra Beasts are quite strong, getting them too early would throw off the balance. But i guess i don't need to worry about that. Considering how much work was put into Reborn to make it a balanced, yet challenging experience, i highly doubt that we'll get the UBs that easy and thereby throwing any kind of difficulty out of the window.

They are post game except for one. There's probably not going to be many changes to the game other than minor ones. Probably will be in the 90s at the least and all in the same general area. Hate to be the downer but I don't want a misinformation storm to brew over some minor thing.

But for post game, I think I'm going to need a lot of balls.

Guest Relinquished
1 minute ago, Urist_Imiknorris said:

Was I reading it wrong yesterday or has the bug countdown increased by 100?

You got that right. Even in comments, the bug emoticons speak all by themselves! Bugs; bugs everywhere! (Now, where did i put that Heat Wave Heatmor...?)

This pic looks great, I already love the atmosphere. And I am rather thrifty in such statements. Looks like leading to/out of Victory Road? Anyway, if it involves night, snow and a mountain path, count me in.

22 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

It wasn't a metaphor going by how the journal entries are written, which can all be found here

Aren't some parts of early gens considered to be... arguable? Like, dex entries, which usually dont make sense even up until now, or stuff like that. I don't even think Mew (or any mon) have birth canal...

• Veterans
10 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

................................................................................................................................balance

like we've been trying super hard to keep things balanced but legendaries are just gonna wreck that

1 hour ago, Relinquished said:

You got that right. Even in comments, the bug emoticons speak all by themselves! Bugs; bugs everywhere! (Now, where did i put that Heat Wave Heatmor...?)

the animations bar number will decrease as the bar increases

and we've been doing testing so expect bugss

To kill some time i startet a new save file and i will try to train as many Pokémon as i can right from the start to create a huge time sink for me (and also to utterly crush any "important" opponent i will encounter with no mercy at all.)

Also, because i want to know just how overpowered legendary Pokémon and Ultra Beasts are in Reborn i will do a parallel run where i want to use only one team consisting of only 6 Pokémon that are either legendary or Ultra Beasts. But i haven't decided which ones i use yet....only one thing is certain: i want to use Mewtwo and Rayquaza, since these have been my favorite legendary Pokémon for years.

I wonder how far i can get with both projects until EP19 arrives.

Edited by ShogokiX

....Ow, I just noticed the blood trail in the picture. That's kinda morbid. 

I haven't been here for too long, and I haven't always agreed, but I wish you all good luck. Take all the time you need, you deserve to finish this however you want (also, don't be afraid to take a break, you deserve that too). 

10 hours ago, GGLL said:

....Ow, I just noticed the blood trail in the picture. That's kinda morbid.

Yeah....considering the things that happened in the game so far.... a little trail of blood is no biggie any more. But Reborn isn't your regular Pokémon game anyway. Have you ever read the manga? Reborn has more in common with the manga than with the anime or the games if you ask me.

There is only one quote that expresses this Postgame feel...

"And now our Watch begins"

As we will sure be watching every percent of that final bar...

And as we brace for the many months ahead, all our hearts can do is dream of spring (I feel it's a good hopeful estimate).

'nough low budget GoT puns, I stole them all...

7 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Yeah....considering the things that happened in the game so far.... a little trail of blood is no biggie any more. But Reborn isn't your regular Pokémon game anyway. Have you ever read the manga? Reborn has more in common with the manga than with the anime or the games if you ask me.

Isn't that Pokemon Red adventure's selling point? I think Reborn is somehow more...consistent storywise.

On 5/30/2019 at 5:13 AM, Amethyst said:

Definitely! We've been working on new animations the entire time and Smeargle already did post one earlier in this thread. I've been a little slow with marking them complete due to tunnel vision though, lol...

Don't worry, they won't be anywhere without reason.

We've got Battle Tower but there isn't really code support for anything fancier than that

Also I did promise y'all earlier I'd put up at least one screenshot once we got to post game, so here you go. I'll be hanging onto others for once we're actually closer to being done.

Reveal hidden contents

qK5a6Qt.png

Progress may hang for a little bit as we do testing for the main episode by the way, postgame development will start properly once that's complete.

So i just checked the scoreboard and realized that Mew has a question mark next to it's name. Is there a reason for that ?

On 5/30/2019 at 1:26 PM, Egzample said:

Aren't some parts of early gens considered to be... arguable? Like, dex entries, which usually dont make sense even up until now, or stuff like that. I don't even think Mew (or any mon) have birth canal...

As far as the game's canon goes, not really. Nintendo and Game Freak to this day still have that as Mewtwo's canon origin, despite the multiple chances to change it in remakes or update it when Mewtwo appears. Only some fans take issue with it and the pokedex entries despite this being a fantasy world. Heck some of the dex entries aren't as ridiculous as they sound like Magcargo's, which doesn't have enough mass to be the world ending pokemon some people think it is, at best it would singe you if stood by it for a long time. The Pokemon Adventures/Special manga even uses dex entries as plot points.

33 minutes ago, HakuryuYukio said:

So i just checked the scoreboard and realized that Mew has a question mark next to it's name. Is there a reason for that ?

It could be for some big reason but maybe it could be because Mew's cry in the film is like "mew?"