The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

And so, another train leaves Grandview Station... May it safely find its way in these increasingly-stabilizing lands!

4 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

also... i may take somewhat of a break between the two to get something else going... y'all know?

but that's not for a while yet.

...Starlight Divide hype? Or maybe a side story ala Where Love Lies🤔 Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

this time will be a little different.

we have the usual e19 scoreboard up, but after that there will be a second (much more significant) board for post-game.

I'm still ironing out post-game's features exactly (also will be open to some suggestions) but I'm not turning my attention to that until the game's main story is completed. 

also... i may take somewhat of a break between the two to get something else going... y'all know?

but that's not for a while yet.

one thing at a time, darlings.

one fraction of a percentage at a time. 

One dead Budew at a time, one Klink, Klang and KlinKlang to take it's place...or just a bunch of Sylveons with ribbons to tie it all together...or fluffy Alolan Vulpixs or Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales with ribbons for tails!

• Administrators
Just now, Starry Knight said:

Would you be able to put in anther way to get the incenses? Large amount of people seem to be missing particularly the sea incense

already planning on it! i realized how missable most of those were just the other day

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

My bf said it'd be nice to have a flashback of game choices made all the relationship point areas or maybe a journal of points or something to remind especially the old players who started playing pre episode 11 like he has been (He doesn't have a forum account)

• Like 1

I'm in awe that it's almost over. As such, though, who are you all thinking of bringing to the E4 now that it's almost over? For me, I'm sticking to my team in my signature. Almost all of them have been extremely helpful throughout the game. The only one who hasn't been as helpful is my final edition who I just added. Even Beartic has come in clutch on multiple occasions (particularly in E18).

• Like 1

I know Ame isn't necessarily taking suggestions yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean a modder or someone else can't give insight or make it come true. Anyways, I'm just saying feel free to ping me as well if anything comes up as while I'm no expert, I do know a thing or two about Pokemon Essentials and RMXP.

3 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

My bf said it'd be nice to have a flashback of game choices made all the relationship point areas or maybe a journal of points or something to remind especially the old players who started playing pre episode 11 like he has been (He doesn't have a forum account)

A synopsis itself isn't that difficult to make (a well designed one is a little bit different of a story) which is a more reasonable request over something like a flashback scenario. While flashbacks are possible, it kind of just isn't that practical mostly due to, you might have guessed it, the relationship points. It's kind of near impossible for old save to receive the right amount of relationship points because there's so many methods needed to obtain or maximize them. Heck, even saves older than E18 missed some new opportunities.

I...actually may have realized I was kind of talking about the wrong thing. Whoops! What you are asking for probably is similar to Symphonia's Fortune Teller. In that game, you could see how much certain characters liked you due to choices made in the game from various points. How it'd probably work in Reborn is you'd read a fortune and what phrase you get is based on your relationship points. It's probably the best way to help you keep track without more or less exposing the exact amounts. Is that kind of what you're looking for?

Just now, Commander said:

I know Ame isn't necessarily taking suggestions yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean a modder or someone else can't give insight or make it come true. Anyways, I'm just saying feel free to ping me as well if anything comes up as while I'm no expert, I do know a thing or two about Pokemon Essentials and RMXP.

A synopsis itself isn't that difficult to make (a well designed one is a little bit different of a story) which is a more reasonable request over something like a flashback scenario. While flashbacks are possible, it kind of just isn't that practical mostly due to, you might have guessed it, the relationship points. It's kind of near impossible for old save to receive the right amount of relationship points because there's so many methods needed to obtain or maximize them. Heck, even saves older than E18 missed some new opportunities.

I...actually may have realized I was kind of talking about the wrong thing. Whoops! What you are asking for probably is similar to Symphonia's Fortune Teller. In that game, you could see how much certain characters liked you due to choices made in the game from various points. How it'd probably work in Reborn is you'd read a fortune and what phrase you get is based on your relationship points. It's probably the best way to help you keep track without more or less exposing the exact amounts. Is that kind of what you're looking for?

I was passing the suggestion of my boyfriend but in general something yo more or less keep track of relationship points would be nice also for a brief recap (that's why I was thinking about the journal from Platinum)

Do you guys have a change log of events?

Wait already?!? Spoiler lock hasn’t even ended, that was fast! Not that I’m complaining but don’t overwork yourself, k?

Alright let’s get discussing. 

Based on the categories up for e19 development (mapping, eventing, and story), and how these have gone in the past, I actually don’t think e19 content will take too long. Postgame though... I have no idea what to expect for post game content, just because of how expansive Reborn already is. Usually games have a separate area to explore or something Mysidia rip  but all I can truly come up with is the Nightclub. I think that’s where gym leader rematches will happen.

Maybe we’ll have a battle frontier type of deal? 

Also curious if the final level cap will be 100 because I think that may have been up in the air. Food for thought.

I know this is somewhat late (due to having no Internet for a week), but I wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed episode 18 and had fun solving the puzzles.

Thank you Amethyst and the rest of the Reborn team for your hard work and dedication in crafting this great game. Enjoy your break and take as long as you need; there is no need to rush boarding the last train.

Ame gurrrlll take your sweet time you precious human being you're awesome and you should take as much time as you need for the next episode. I do love all the work that you've done so far and I can't wait to see what you have planned in the future. 

2 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

The E19 hype thread is kind of like climbing Temporal Tower or Sky Tower in Pokemon Mystery dungeon: One last dungeon before you reach the end. So, Some music.

Hmm, I like this idea. Guess I've got a song to post once the Postgame's board is unlocked~!