Healing Lacking? Healacking!

GenshiD

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem....Here I am, about to face the 2nd gym leader, Rini....And the only healing items available are POTIONS! I mean, with the gym badge/level limit, I cant grind my pokemon above lvl 25, which by itself is a problem, not only that, the only healing items restore 20HP! That is nowhere NEAR enough, considering the 6 pokemon gym battles and the fact the gym leaders have SUPER POTIONS! You may argue "get an X pokemon, and you will breeze through" but notice this, I (and others in general) should be able to choose which pokemons are in our teams, and not choose in accordance to what we are going to face, otherwise we would have to swap teams at every gym! All I am asking here is either make better healing items available sooner (in regular pokemon games we get super potions before the 2nd gym) or lift the level cap a bit, so we can get the upper hand against the gym leaders, even a little, considering their "competitive teams" (Poison Heal Brelom for instance is a pain)

Huh. Not to be rude or anything but you're going to have to adapt. This isn't your easy Gamefreak game where you can beat the entire thing with one pokemon. I've had to grind several pokemon for specific fights and most of them have ended up being a valued team member later on. Never knew I'd like Solrock so much.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem....Here I am, about to face the 2nd gym leader, Rini....And the only healing items available are POTIONS! I mean, with the gym badge/level limit, I cant grind my pokemon above lvl 25, which by itself is a problem, not only that, the only healing items restore 20HP! That is nowhere NEAR enough, considering the 6 pokemon gym battles and the fact the gym leaders have SUPER POTIONS! You may argue "get an X pokemon, and you will breeze through" but notice this, I (and others in general) should be able to choose which pokemons are in our teams, and not choose in accordance to what we are going to face, otherwise we would have to swap teams at every gym! All I am asking here is either make better healing items available sooner (in regular pokemon games we get super potions before the 2nd gym) or lift the level cap a bit, so we can get the upper hand against the gym leaders, even a little, considering their "competitive teams" (Poison Heal Brelom for instance is a pain)

Lol , most of us have finished this episode. It's not that hard and if you're having a problem now just wait till you get to Aya.

I quite like it actually gives you more of a challenge which is specifically what Ame was aiming for. Not like the actual pokemon games where you can breeze through in a day.

Huh. Not to be rude or anything but you're going to have to adapt. This isn't your easy Gamefreak game where you can beat the entire thing with one pokemon. I've had to grind several pokemon for specific fights and most of them have ended up being a valued team member later on. Never knew I'd like Solrock so much.

Same here bro. I've never used Noctowl before but his Uproar+Confusion got me through at least 3 of the gyms. Ame knows what she's doing.

Lol , most of us have finished this episode. It's not that hard and if you're having a problem now just wait till you get to Aya.

I quite like it actually gives you more of a challenge which is specifically what Ame was aiming for. Not like the actual pokemon games where you can breeze through in a day.

Same here bro. I've never used Noctowl before but his Uproar+Confusion got me through at least 3 of the gyms. Ame knows what she's doing.

Noctowl also is helping me most of the fight, but it levels to 26 half way through....D: And I'm not saying I dislike the dificulty...I actually enjoy a challenge...As long as I have the apropriate items....Potions are not enough when Rini's attacks take over 30 hp from my guys XD

• Administrators

Actually, super potions are available before Florinia.

Literally right before her. Check the school's main lobby. He only appears after you beat Fern at the school.

Literally right before her. Check the school's main lobby. He only appears after you beat Fern at the school.

:o I didnt know this either.

And to the OP, you're SUPPOSED to have to train more than a handful of Pokemon. That's the fun of it. Adaptation. Magneton? I once scoffed, now I love Magneton. I probably have like 15-20 Pokemon chilling a few levels below the limit because it's so fun

AAAAAHHHH!!!! Thank you Ame! I'd never talk to that guy unless you'd told me about him....I never even noticed he apeared after Fern, i just assumed he was there all along! Time to take another shot at Rini!

Edit:

NAILED IT! Just having super potions was enough to give me an edge....Also, the fact that on the last turn, Noctowl with Insomnia, using Uproar....Rini decides: "Lets have Brelom use spore to put it to sleep!" That alone made me laugh XD Thanks for the info Ame!

Edited by GenshiD

I know the feeling. Castform has been such a beast especially cause of the extra exp boost (traded). Ironically enough I feel like my weakest pokemon is my starter, Samurott

I have to say, I do like this game just because of the different pokemon given to you. Before I would shun the likes of Trubbish, but god damn did it save me in the second gym, virtually taking out all six.

Is this supposed to have already been implemented? I already beat Fern (and Florinia) and I don't see anyone selling Super Potions.

Is this supposed to have already been implemented? I already beat Fern (and Florinia) and I don't see anyone selling Super Potions.

He was there before you fight Fern. After I fought him and Florina, he was gone so I think it's only before.

He was there before you fight Fern. After I fought him and Florina, he was gone so I think it's only before.

Okay, thanks. I don't really need super potions, and don't think I will ever use them with money being so tight in the game... just wanted to know that my game wasn't messed up.

• 1 year later...

KingTay, posting on a topic when there is a big gap in between the most recent post is called necro posting. The people here don't like it. Since you want help it would be more convenient if you created a new topic in the "On The Hunt" section.