[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

"A robot's a metal tool controlled by a computer that performs any command you have taught it to perform, it can come in any shape and size, which in this case is probably 'big and full of weaponry', I am capable of making such tools." She then turned slightly on the chair she's occupying to face their as yet nameless kidnapper/prospective employer before she said, "And on that note I'm just going to have to ask, do you have any metal to spare? Because all I really need to build one is a pile of metal, and some time."

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vratislav shrugs.

"Fighting is not where my area of study has been, but I trust that if you rely only on yourselves you shall be obtaining the food you eat, the equipment you need, the shelter you sleep in and of course once this little empire plan gets off the ground you will not be asking any of us, that can swallow meaningless pride to work for a greater purpose, for help... forgive the harsh words, but civilization exists for a reason, and that's simply because no one person can do better on their own than a group of people who have their own strengths and cover the weaknesses of their fellows."

Yoko's expression in response was... actually a grin, but a grin that seemed less genuine and more mocking.

"I am capable of acquiring food on my own. I do not use equipment -- only this clothing on my back, for I rely upon my martial arts and my own physical strength. I do not need a large enough shelter to be worked on by other people. I am not spoiled as you seem to be; I do not see the need for the material possessions that you appear to depend upon, for these exact reasons. They are distractions from enlightenment, and they are ultimately dependencies. Civilizations exist because people need them to exist, and because most people are simply unable to see past their dependencies and obligations. But I have no need for this -- I am a monk, a Dragon monk, as often as I butt heads with my clan, and we are the best around at living without luxuries, and living for our own pursuits of enlightenment. We do not all function with the weaknesses you do."

"I can twist steel in my hands, kill beasts with the wind from my fists, ignite wood as it is crushed in my hands."

"But those are all things I can do."  He chuckles.

"What is more important, are the things people can stop me from doing.   Not a damn thing."  He shakes his head.

"If there is one thing I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt.   The world can be ruled by monsters, by the strongest."

"Likewise, If you have spare biomass, I would be happy to whip something up. Maybe if you also have some magical gems or metals I could add as well"
Roy taps the table, Considering the options
"Im thinking.....something ridable." 

He also internally considered the group
          The nerdy girl seemed useful, it was nice to have a roboticist on board. The girl with tattoos and the man who seemed to agree with her were likely only brought along as dumb muscle. Useful, certainly. So long as they managed to maintain advantages over whatever artificial legions the group whipped up, which usualy required intelligence.

The others... Hmmm.
The one with the large beast seemed to have a low view of technology and machine craft. Perhaps some sort of Caster purist? 
And  The one with four arms, Which seemed to be opposite. It was honestly hard to tell with those two.

He would need to learn more about them and the others.

Vratislav rolls his eyes.

"How noble. Since it is your wish I shall not asisst you."

Vratislav's expression turns to one of rage at the words of the muscle man. He bites down on nothing and closes his eyes, setting himself back into control before speaking.

"Monsters can try, but their strength always falters before a group blessed with solemn purpose. Not even the power of gods can match that of a few men and women who have stopped fearing death long enough to band together and strike back. Flesh falters, blades dull, strength fades, but human spirit is a power that time can not touch. Monsters can can rule the world, but they can't cow the spirit of men forever."

55 minutes ago, IntSys said:

"Whatever's going on in the Trespasser's mind, really. It might not be building an army now, and it might not be able to build the army quickly enough upon noticing us," Shamhat assessed. "And, we should at least be able to beat our future mooks without breaking a sweat, no?" She gave Hirata a closer look. "Hm? Was that a pet robot?"

Hirata slowly realized that she was forgetting something as she turned around for a moment to state, "It took over a military research base, I would be surprised if it doesn't already have a robot army by now, especially since no one's told us about how it got abandoned in the first place." She then patted her bodypillow a couple more times before she loudly stated, "And no it's not a pet robot, it's just a very loud bodypillow," over the bodypillow's own objections.

"Human spirit, what a joke.  Human spirit is what makes men weak.  Having the strength to discard everything in the pursuit of power, to cut away that weakness... That,"

Deadlift shifts his body, taking a deep breath, as a strange blue air emerges from his body.

"IS POWER!"

Deadlift's body inflates like a demented balloon animal as he grits his teeth, flesh seemingly rushing from his chest out into his limbs, jerking them slightly as muscle goes where muscle shouldn't go, like the rubber of a water cask stretched over eggs and thick rope, his limbs crack slightly.

as he finishes, his shirt strains against the rippling muscle, and his height, against all laws of anatomy, spinal or otherwise, increases a few inches.

"Flesh like mine does not falter.  Strength like mine does not fade.  Do you understand now?  As a fellow... "Human"...  I have cut free the mortality from my bones, I've cut the humanity from my soul, like draining a festering wound."

"This is my will, my solemn purpose."

"Ten Percent of my power, the type of strength envied by Gods and Men alike.  The kind of strength a man achieves when he pursues Strength Absolute."

Then, as rapidly as it appeared, his musculature shrinks away, leaving him looking no worse for wear.

"If you want to become strong, then you have no choice but to cast aside the things that keep you from that power."

"People call something inhuman when it surpasses human limitations.  And yes, an Inhuman Power, an Inhuman Will.  These things must discard human limitation."

Roy promptly revaluates the muscle man
    Note to self. He is a threat to a functional society and empire, even beyond my initial expectations. Keep him on a leash, and be prepared to get rid of him.

Why wouldent he? Casting away ones humanity was a road to an empty life, It was clear he only cared about being the strongest kid on the block. A motive incompatible with his own.
  Roy considered calling him and his obvious lack of a throne out. Strength envied by gods? Please.

Still perhaps he should keep that card close to his chest for now.  These otherworlders may not yet be aware of the significance of his eye color. If they wernt aware of his power, they wouldent prepare for it.

If he kept it secret, he could use his throne to kill the man should he become to much of a threat.

Vratislav looks a bit more stressed at that. He really didn't expect or want to see that. Still, this was no time to back down.

"An impressive parlor trick, but monstrous size holds no intrinsic merit... unless inordinate exsanguination be considered a virtue. Or, too put it more succinctly since you favour brawn over brains, my team has killed things that make that look welcoming."

"Riiight, a body pillow. Anyway, maybe no-name witch can tell us more about how the Trespasser took over, then. What do you think, witch-" Shamhat was just about to turn to her new employer, but then she was interrupted by Deadlift's muscle display. She gave him a long stare, before covering her mouth with her right hand, holding down her laughter. She couldn't believe he was for real. It was as if he had rehearsed these lines for a million times before this.

Hirata slowly raised a hand to get the others attentions before she said, "I mean if him being a bigger target is a problem I can just make armor that grows as he does, could probably serve to make him even stronger as well, since power armor can help someone not have to worry about pesky human limitations such as your bones breaking despite your muscles being strong enough to lift something," in the tone of someone who doesn't really understand what the problem is.

"But great strength doesn't make you bulletproof Deadlift, I mean if you want to bypass human limitations and become an unstoppable monster then you can't die from something as lame as a kid with a gun now can't you?," Hirata said, her hands quickly typing something out as she jotted down ideas on what the bodybuilding monstrosity's armor should have.

"It does make me bulletproof.  Though you've caught me.   The bullet proof my strength makes me tends to tear up nice brickwork like this."  Deadlift claims, putting hands in his pockets.

"Air Pressure isn't quite capable of telling what is bullet and what is tile, you see."

Hirata was silent for a moment as she considered something, and after only a moment of flicking through her 'collection' of 'special research material' she suddenly realized something and practically blurted out the words, "Well have you ever watched Dragonball Z? Because the thing is, we could try making some form of strength restraining armor, sort of like the weighted clothing that practically everyone wore in that anime, you get stronger from resistance training, and you and the tile gets to live another day?".

"And of course they'd soon realize that breaking the armor was a mistake, for the minute or so they'd still be conscious before you pick the nearest one up and flick them at the others, I'll get to work on it as soon as I have the time and resources for it, building a full suit of Zenkai armor that can withstand arbitrarily large amounts of strength isn't easy after all."

"Human spirit.  What a farce.  Humans desire nothing but their own destruction," Yweniwa opines, "They must be ruled and led, or they will destroy themselves and everything they can get their greasy hands on.  Humans are toddlers who grow grey and die long before they have a chance to grow up.  The only spirit humans have is the spirit of destruction without purpose.  To try to be something else...  Well, no one can help what they were born as.  For your sake, Deadlift, I hope you succeed in your goal and transcend your unfortunate origins."

Morp bobs over to the girl with the pillow. "What is Zenkai?" The creature had been paying attention to the conversation, in that he heard the words spoken. However, Morp didn't comprehend most of this. Human spirit? Humans were a type of creature, he knew that, but spirit, that was like alcohol, right? He couldn't remember, he had some human books but somehow they never seemed to mention this stuff.

"Miss, are you and the large guy from the same species?"

Evelyn

For the most part, Evelyn remained completely silent as the group bickered amongst themselves. She realized why she was called upon for this, however. Interdimensional Horrors were her specialty, and while she, likewise, didn't know what these "computers" or "robots" truly were, she wasn't that worried. Her experience would win out in the end, even against strange creatures. Though, unlike the girl with tattoos, she wasn't planning to run right into an army. Groups of enemies had always been a problem for her, and an entire army would rid her off her greatest advantages.

However, her train of thought was broken when the man, Deadlift, suddenly burst into muscle, inhumanly if she would add, and began to boast about his power and throwing away human limitations. That train of thought was what led to every damn thing in Yharnam, the pursuit of becoming more than human. It was obvious that Deadlift was strong, inhumanly so if his statements held any merit. But Evelyn was experienced in dealing with people like him. 

... She'd have to keep an eye on him for now.

Then there was the sharp-ear'd woman, who began insulting humanity as a whole. Honestly, Evelyn couldn't help but silently agree, but she considered Yharnam's denizens... Less than human. More so Beast, down to the very core of their being. Though, it wasn't like she had much room to talk, being a Hunter.

With that, Evelyn sighed, leaning forward in her seat and bringing a hand to her forehead. All of this was why she preferred working alone.

7 hours ago, Hal Henderics said:

"I suppose building strength takes time, even if you are building it." Deadlift intones with some humor.

Hirata chuckled nervously a little before she said, "Well I didn't know that you could make such a dad joke Deadlift... or should I say Dadlift?," with what she hoped was a slight tinge of humor, despite the complete and utter lack of it.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Morp bobs over to the girl with the pillow. "What is Zenkai?" The creature had been paying attention to the conversation, in that he heard the words spoken. However, Morp didn't comprehend most of this. Human spirit? Humans were a type of creature, he knew that, but spirit, that was like alcohol, right? He couldn't remember, he had some human books but somehow they never seemed to mention this stuff.

"Miss, are you and the large guy from the same species?"

She looked around the place for a bit after Morph spoke, not realizing that the tiny orb thing was in fact the one speaking to her, and she spent a bit of time considering what implications the multiverse had on the human race as a whole and whether or not a 'human being' from another universe would count as being from the same species before she stated, "Zenkai's a word coined by the Dragon Ball community, it basically means something along the lines of 'a sudden surge of power gained from a near death experience', and as for your second question I honestly don't know if he is part of the same species, and even if he was he won't be for long judging by what he has said earlier about casting off human limitations."

Deadlift's small smile turns incredibly awkward, like that of a samurai making small talk with his mortal foe.

After a moment, he coughs, disengaging from that line of conversation.

"That... May not be appropriate."

"Anyway, I expect you to tell me just what is valuable, if you expect me to help you retrieve it."
  He says to her.