[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

"I'd call it a person to if Ichi hadn't dealt with it like that," Shamhat muttered. She observed Yvette's summoning ritual, again, and was pleasantly surprised that she didn't call forth imps for them to swat. Orcs were certainly an improvement. She gave the corpse one last look, before following the ugly band of demons to next room.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hirata let out a slight sigh as her creation's ungraceful hands pried open the scientist's head a little bit harder than intended, shattering most of the now useless electronics contained inside of their head, she'd have to work on that later. "Oh hey! Those are cute, in an ugly cute kind of way, what are they called? And what do you usually use them for~?"

"You have a strange tastes dear. They are known as Dretchs. They are the lowest of low for demons. They are not too useful for anything other than being fodder but if I can get a big enough portal I can use them as bait for a stronger demon. Like using minnows for fishing." Yvette laughed a bit "If you want one I can give you one if you would like?" She said to Hirata in a bit of a teasing tone.

Hirata stopped and put a hand to scratch her mask's chin as she considered something and said, "Well, if we had a cloning machine I could use it to make some sort of powerful cyberdemon...although it might be better if I use a stronger demon as a basis..."

"Yeah, that true Dear. Dretchs wouldn't be useful for anything other manual labor or fodder." Yvette smiled "But if you can think of any use for them let me know I can usually get a rather large number of them so it's not like I will be wanting for them." She said with a laugh as she continues to walk with her heels tapping on the floor.

• 3 weeks later...

Yoko continued forwards despite the sounds and light — seemingly unconcerned by what seemed to be an increasing threat. ”I am not concerned particularly with the ambition or cowardice of an opponent, even if I do find it pusillani —cough— pusillanimous and distasteful. It is more about expressing the chaos within my own soul in the most dynamic, painful, powerful way that I can, cff, as constantly as I can, that I hope to better embody the potential of my soul and to remove the limits from it.” She popped her knuckles even as she continued forward, spoiling for a fight for whatever would either show up in front of her or perhaps behind her, even in the darkness — they were merely more strenuous conditions for a fight she was in, after all.

"It makes no difference, though.  Your Muscles may ache, and your bones might crack, but your soul will not inflame for cowards and weaklings, would it?"

"I cannot see how one's soul could be expressed pummeling mere worms, cowering in the dirt, no matter their size or strength."

"And if it would, then you are better off tackling the walls."  Deadlift says.

Yoko begins to genuinely monologue. "Your position is expressed for different reasons by many in Rokugan -- they believe that it is dishonorable to crush someone weaker than oneself outside of the formats of duels and orders of lords that paradoxically compel them to do so for their honor anyway. I believe that I must break all limits if I am to reach enlightenment: I must expand the scope of my violence to escape the rigid structure it lies within in my home country. I fight the strong, the weak, the honorable, the dishonorable, samurai, heimin, Rokugani, gaijin. To restrain the targets that my inner violence lashes out to strike is to restrain the core of my soul, for violence often considered mad is at the truest core of what it means to be a kikage zumi, what it means to pursue my order's path to enlightenment -- and to pursue my path to enlightenment in turn. I must be as willing to strike the weakling as the mighty warrior."

"You're a real sadist, huh?" Deadlift grins.

"And the Meek and Innocent? The Civilians?"

After asking, Deadlift decides he doesn't care, and waves off his own earlier question, before answering her.

"I don't care about honor.  Not really.  I think it's something pretty that you can talk about, to cover up your own weakness."

"I don't care any more about harming weaklings than do I care about harming flies and gnats."

"You may call it restraint, but even a mad feral dog doesn't snap and snarl at fleas.  It doesn't even notice their attack."

”But of course, Deadlift, a mad feral dog seeks nothing more than its own survival — it attacks because that is the way it has come to protect its territory and drive off that which threatens it... it is not so different from the Crab Clan of my homeland in this respect, though they would put it another way. A feral dog fights defensively, and thus it will not pay attention to that which does not present a threat. The feral dog does not snap at fleas; the Crab Clan does not often snap at peasants with weapons, or cocky samurai of other clans, for it lives instead to kill and defeat the strange creatures which threaten it.

But even with as much respect as I have for the Crab Clan, for it is the most violent of the clans, neither it nor the feral dog seek much greater a goal than self-preservation. I do. I seek enlightenment, not simply to be feral — and I seek something that is different from the survival instinct that feral dogs live upon. Wild animals aren’t truly chaotic, if you’ve ever stopped and watched them; they harbor their own weaknesses and have their own little hierarchies that they are rarely capable of breaking from. What I seek is something beyond the capacity of animals, a purer and more violent chaos that is only achievable by something with a mind and a spirit to devote towards it.”

• 1 month later...

Primary Landing Bay:

As Roy steps back into the base he's immediately assaulted by a near deafening pounding and grinding right outside the locker room area.  Further into the hallway the door left to Bay A is now covered in dents from the other side, it's also where all the noise is coming from.  Luckily the door he came from seems relatively untouched and even the bay beyond is mostly the same.

As soon as he steps into the bay in fact he notices that neither Chelchis nor Morp are anywhere to be found.

Robotic HW Assembly:

The same computerized voice from at first before blares over the intercom.

"Intruders detected in: Robotic Hardware Assembly.  Security dispatched."

The announcement was accompanied by several red flashing lights on the walls springing to life.

Personnel Quarters:

Wandering through the darkness the trio eventually spot a softly glowing light in the distance, as they approach the see just beyond it another set of bars separating this portion of sewer from the others.  The light itself though is actually a lamp set above another maintenance door and only partially functional.  The door is unlocked.

Evelyn

With Greg's response, Evelyn nodded, placing a hand on her hip as she glanced at the pipe's entrance, "Good, then I suggest we get a move on. While an infestation of these Beasts in the pipes are... Annoying to know about, we can return to exterminate them as soon as more pressing business is taken care of. Something knows we're here, and it wants to talk to us" she stated, before turning on her heel and walking towards the door they came in. She had made her choice, which was to simply head back to the teleporter in order to get to this voice. After all, she had given her reasons for wanting to.

Chelchis made another rumbling noise, this one sounding almost. . . pleased?  "SECURITY. SECURITY OF FACILITY HAS BEEN JOKE SO FAR. LET THEM COME." She did, however, pick up her pace slightly, trying to progress towards Central Computing as quickly as possible while still keeping her guard up. Unimpressive as the security was, even the most mundane of traps could end the lives of the foolish or unwary.

"My. my it looks like we will have some visitors," Yvette said as the lights started flashing. Indicating for Jezzabella and her other demons to start moving. "Shall we go greet the ladies it would be very polite to not have a welcoming party waiting for them. Now would it." Yvette said as she started to leave the room.

"So, the computer prefers to speak with violence. I suppose action does speak louder than words." Shamhat shrugged, and continued. "Not that I'm worried at all. We do both better anyway." She followed Yvette, already itching to crush the incoming security.

Hirata instinctively clutched her body pillow tighter as she saw the lights flash inside of the room, having jumped up with a start and what you assumed was a surprised sounding "Waaah!" earlier when the computer made it's announcement. "Figures, someone always has to ruin everything when it's just getting fun...," the small scientist said with an annoyed tone of voice as she tried and failed to cling onto the back of her cybermutant, eventually flopping down to the floor with a slight whining sound before she let out a huff and walked off after the rest of the party to confront the computer, waving her makeshift detector around to try and get a bit of advanced notice and find out just what they would have to deal with.