Smash Bros roster predictions

Lorisaur

Smash Ultimate roster prediction  

10 members have voted

1. 1. I think there are no threads yet about this specific topic so I'll make it for everyone WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE GOING TO GET IN SMASH BROS ULTIMATE?? I'll edit the post to add your requests, if you think that a specific character will/will not be in smash please tell me. Pick all the ones you like

• Mario Odissey/Paper Mario (echo fighter of Mario)
    • Dark Bowser (remake of bowser's inside story will be launched soon, so MAYBE they will implement him)
    • Gardevoir/Gothitelle (yes... tell me what do you think about the leak)
    • Shadow (sonic echo fighter)
    • Zeraora (pokemon character would probably fit very well to smash bros)
    • Rundas (one of the most wanted character. They are doing so much fanservice after all in this game)
    • Skull Kid (again... what do you think about the rumors?)
    • Meta Ridley (what if it isn't an alternate skin... but a complete echo fighter?)
    • Octalink (echo fighter of Inkling?)
    • Bandana dee (another kirby fighter. I think that the characters with an ost on the official site are more likely to get a new character)
    • Trevor (to be honest... he is not deconfirmed and it would be a great addition to the roster, am I right?
    • Blood Falcon/Night Shadow (an echo fighter of Falcon. After all, he only has one character and probably we'll get a couple more in this game) THICK ALL OF THE CHARACTERS YOU THINK WILL BE IN SMASH AND LET ME KNOW MORE

Mustn't be that popular if I've never even heard of Rundas, much less heard people asking for him.

-Shadow is too easy, so yeah, I think he'll be in.

-idk what skull kid's moves would be, but he's at least an assist trophy again, if not playable.

-bandana dee is popular but i'm not familiar with him so I couldn't say either way as a result of his moveset.

-Octoling i think stands a pretty good chance to be an echo fighter but idk if they thought far ahead in the game's development, since they were simple enemies in the first game are are only recently being focused on as part of 2's dlc. It stands a chance because like shadow, it would be too easy to implement.

Zeraora- what even is it? I didn't play USUM and only heard about the lame new UB's. haven't heard mention of this new mon till recently.

Why would we get Rundus when Dark Samus got in and Slylux is more popular?

and I don’t think Zerora is even officially released.  I think we only know about it because of Datamines.

I will stand by the theory that Goku will be the last trailer revealed with him bringing back all the characters that have died so far with the Dragon Balls until proven wrong. I am sure that Sakurai or (insert whatever person) has said something about him not being in. But Harada said there would be no season 2 for Tekken 7 and yet here we are and this is why I don't trust game devs.

That being said, if we're being a tad more realistic, Shadow is almost a shoe-in at this point. I would guess that we might get Rex and Pyra from the new Xenoblade game that came out last year. Speaking of Tekken, we might get Heihachi or some other rep.

As much as I don't want that Gardevoir/Gothatelle leak to be true mostly because I despise Gothatelle's design, it also had some other predictions correct so that's seeming more and more likely to be true. Putting Hawlucha in the game would make up for him getting the shaft in Pokken tho, which WOULD BE NICE NINTENDO.

Idk. It's fun to speculate, but we could totally get some out-of-left-fielders in here too. Cloud and Ryu being in the game kinda proved that. I expected Bayonetta at some point due to Nintendo basically having it as an exclusive now.

8 hours ago, Godot said:

Why would we get Rundus when Dark Samus got in and Slylux is more popular?

and I don’t think Zerora is even officially released.  I think we only know about it because of Datamines.

Zeraora is actually released even caused some issues if traded to sun and moon as plasma fists was not programmed in the game

13 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Mustn't be that popular if I've never even heard of Rundas, much less heard people asking for him.

-Shadow is too easy, so yeah, I think he'll be in.

-idk what skull kid's moves would be, but he's at least an assist trophy again, if not playable.

-bandana dee is popular but i'm not familiar with him so I couldn't say either way as a result of his moveset.

-Octoling i think stands a pretty good chance to be an echo fighter but idk if they thought far ahead in the game's development, since they were simple enemies in the first game are are only recently being focused on as part of 2's dlc. It stands a chance because like shadow, it would be too easy to implement.

Zeraora- what even is it? I didn't play USUM and only heard about the lame new UB's. haven't heard mention of this new mon till recently.

An example of bandana dee's moveset can be seen on super smash flash 2

Rundas has been requested by fans as a smash 4 dlc but it's not too well known. However, I think that he is more popular than Sylux but also Sylux would really be ok. However, in the original metroid prime 3 game Samus fought Meta Ridley in the same place where she finds him in the cinematica: planet Norion. In the game, Ridley knocks her off and makes her fall down like in the video, engaging an aerial fight afterwards. If in the game this story is keeped, it's likely to have Rundas in the game, as he saved Samus after the fight

Zeraora is not an UB, it's a recently released event pokemon that will be the protagonist of the next movie, if I'm right (not following them atm) but it's extremely fast, humanoid and with special abilities, like most smash characters

6 hours ago, Teach said:

I will stand by the theory that Goku will be the last trailer revealed with him bringing back all the characters that have died so far with the Dragon Balls until proven wrong. I am sure that Sakurai or (insert whatever person) has said something about him not being in. But Harada said there would be no season 2 for Tekken 7 and yet here we are and this is why I don't trust game devs.

That being said, if we're being a tad more realistic, Shadow is almost a shoe-in at this point. I would guess that we might get Rex and Pyra from the new Xenoblade game that came out last year. Speaking of Tekken, we might get Heihachi or some other rep.

As much as I don't want that Gardevoir/Gothatelle leak to be true mostly because I despise Gothatelle's design, it also had some other predictions correct so that's seeming more and more likely to be true. Putting Hawlucha in the game would make up for him getting the shaft in Pokken tho, which WOULD BE NICE NINTENDO.

Idk. It's fun to speculate, but we could totally get some out-of-left-fielders in here too. Cloud and Ryu being in the game kinda proved that. I expected Bayonetta at some point due to Nintendo basically having it as an exclusive now.

Hawlucha would be a really great idea, why not? Also hitmontop would be fun, instead. Talking about the leak... I like Gothitelle but I truly hope it is FALSE as I hate Gardevoir and I don't want her in smash

5 minutes ago, ProjectIceman said:

What about a Monster Hunter character?

Definitely possible. I personally think that, depending on how they execute it, it could be either a highly boring or awesome kit. I'm imagining their down-b to be something with barrels, their jab combo doing something with dual blades, their up be having something to do with the Kinsect blades, etc. Stuff like that.

I stay in the camp saying Goku should not and will not enter smash. Because him being in it will create things like this "Why is Goku so downplayed in this game? he should be able to defeat all of them in a single attack at this point". Also, Smash is solely based on characters that originated in GAMES. And Goku started in a Manga (IMO an overrated one, but that's beside the point). And if Goku comes in, we have another issue: Where will it end? If Goku is allowed in smash, then other Anime/Manga characters should be allowed too, right? That's only fair. but what about Cartoon and Comic book characters like Batman and Spiderman? Those should also be allowed in then because that's only fair. See the issue here? Goku entering may open a floodgate, but if that floodgate opens it will make the Smash community even more toxic than the Melee Elitists vs the Brawn Elitists. See what I mean? It will go from a party crossover fighting game to actual fanboy wars. See where my issue lies with characters that aren't originally from games entering? I have something similar with Sora and other Kingdom Hearts characters because that would open the gates for other Disney characters, but that wouldn't be fair either and you get the point

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I stay in the camp saying Goku should not and will not enter smash. Because him being in it will create things like this "Why is Goku so downplayed in this game? he should be able to defeat all of them in a single attack at this point". Also, Smash is solely based on characters that originated in GAMES. And Goku started in a Manga (IMO an overrated one, but that's beside the point). And if Goku comes in, we have another issue: Where will it end? If Goku is allowed in smash, then other Anime/Manga characters should be allowed too, right? That's only fair. but what about Cartoon and Comic book characters like Batman and Spiderman? Those should also be allowed in then because that's only fair. See the issue here? Goku entering may open a floodgate, but if that floodgate opens it will make the Smash community even more toxic than the Melee Elitists vs the Brawn Elitists. See what I mean? It will go from a party crossover fighting game to actual fanboy wars. See where my issue lies with characters that aren't originally from games entering? I have something similar with Sora and other Kingdom Hearts characters because that would open the gates for other Disney characters, but that wouldn't be fair either and you get the point

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't want Goku anymore than you do solely because of those reasons. However I do think that the theory of them all dying and him wishing them back is just crazy enough to actually be real at this point. I don't want him in, however I can see some validity to the whole idea.

I don't agree with the idea of Sora doing the same thing tho. Sora originated in a video game, as did most of the villains and some of the supporting cast. Disney characters, on top of being owned by a ruthless corporation that doesn't want their characters to be shown in a negative light/losing (see MvC: Infinite), originated in cartoons. Does Sora being in the game open up the gate to other Kingdom Hearts characters? Yes, but only those exclusively made for Kingdom Hearts. Hell the dude has also been on a Nintendo console at some point before all this so he doesn't really have a lot going against him. Sora may not be high on my priority list for getting in, but he has just as good of a chance to get in as other characters. I still don't think that him getting in will pave a path for the likes of Donald, Goofy, etc. getting in.

18 minutes ago, Teach said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't want Goku anymore than you do solely because of those reasons. However I do think that the theory of them all dying and him wishing them back is just crazy enough to actually be real at this point. I don't want him in, however I can see some validity to the whole idea.

I don't agree with the idea of Sora doing the same thing tho. Sora originated in a video game, as did most of the villains and some of the supporting cast. Disney characters, on top of being owned by a ruthless corporation that doesn't want their characters to be shown in a negative light/losing (see MvC: Infinite), originated in cartoons. Does Sora being in the game open up the gate to other Kingdom Hearts characters? Yes, but only those exclusively made for Kingdom Hearts. Hell the dude has also been on a Nintendo console at some point before all this so he doesn't really have a lot going against him. Sora may not be high on my priority list for getting in, but he has just as good of a chance to get in as other characters. I still don't think that him getting in will pave a path for the likes of Donald, Goofy, etc. getting in.

good point.

Rundus is absolutely not more popular then Slylux.

also realistically the last new characters will most likely be;

Inciniroar

Skull Kid

Isaac

Geno

Shadow echoing Sonic

Isabelle echoing Villager

Impa echoing Shiek

Felix echoing Isaac