(Heavy Spoilers) Are there different stories with different outcomes?

Rainlove

Spoiler

Allow me to start by saying that I got the Zekrom Road in episode 17. Now, I just finished the first story part of episode 18. I feel extremely depressed now. Cain, Luna and Gardevoir are all gone now. I will literally repeat my original run if there was any chance of saving those 3. Have you experienced any different outcome?

7 minutes ago, Rainlove said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Allow me to start by saying that I got the Zekrom Road in episode 17. Now, I just finished the first story part of episode 18. I feel extremely depressed now. Cain, Luna and Gardevoir are all gone now. I will literally repeat my original run if there was any chance of saving those 3. Have you experienced any different outcome?

Spoiler

Most outcomes tend to leave things pretty much the same this episode.  Different branches will give you different dialogue, but nothing changes much aside from a few things.

Titania shows up in the Reshiram Path and plays a part in taking back Agate that Serra does not.

Samson is taken by the black hole if you refuse to give Blake the ring back in Ametrine / Ciel is taken if you give him the ring.

Most other differences are changes in dialogue that still drive the story in the same direction, but give some more backstory depending on one or the other.  The biggest factors in all of this are

Refusing or accepting to battle Taka

Refusing or accepting to give the Ruby Ring to Blake

Defeating Solaris' Garchomp on Pyrous Mt.

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, Tacos said:
  Hide contents

Most outcomes tend to leave things pretty much the same this episode.  Different branches will give you different dialogue, but nothing changes much aside from a few things.

Titania shows up in the Reshiram Path and plays a part in taking back Agate that Serra does not.

Samson is taken by the black hole if you refuse to give Blake the ring back in Ametrine / Ciel is taken if you give him the ring.

Most other differences are changes in dialogue that still drive the story in the same direction, but give some more backstory depending on one or the other.  The biggest factors in all of this are

Refusing or accepting to battle Taka

Refusing or accepting to give the Ruby Ring to Blake

Defeating Solaris' Garchomp on Pyrous Mt.

What does defeating Garchomp actually change currently (in any episode)? I don't think I've ever noticed or heard the difference

1 minute ago, DreamblitzX said:

What does defeating Garchomp actually change currently (in any episode)? I don't think I've ever noticed or heard the difference

might wanna spoiler up just in case

Spoiler

It changes Anna's dialogue in the Glass Workstation if you use Heal Bell on her.  If you beat Solaris, her outlook on the currently grim situation is much better, but if not, you get the sense that things are not as Nostra is telling Anna they are, and she apologize profusely for all that's gone wrong before refusing to wake up, which is a much more grim presentation from our normally optimistic seer.  Beating Garchomp essentially expresses that you are capable of taking on battles and challenges far beyond what is expected of you and in a sense almost proves you as "the chosen one."

Spoiler

While the paths are more or less the same, the dialogue really changes and certain scenes play out differently depending on your choices. I can't recall all of them but I know at least 4 play into effect but don't worry as it's not an E17 situation where you miss out on half the story. Best way to put it is that nearly every scene has a different set of dialogue depending on the choices.

1 minute ago, Tacos said:

Hide contents

It changes Anna's dialogue in the Glass Workstation if you use Heal Bell on her.  If you beat Solaris, her outlook on the currently grim situation is much better, but if not, you get the sense that things are not as Nostra is telling Anna they are, and she apologize profusely for all that's gone wrong before refusing to wake up, which is a much more grim presentation from our normally optimistic seer.  Beating Garchomp essentially expresses that you are capable of taking on battles and challenges far beyond what is expected of you and in a sense almost proves you as "the chosen one."

Spoiler

I got a very nice and optimistic dialogue from Anna. She even mentioned the 3 will come back but I found it hard to believe. Cain and Luna both helped me a lot when I was in that coma. Even Gardevoir talked to me. 

2 minutes ago, Rainlove said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I got a very nice and optimistic dialogue from Anna. She even mentioned the 3 will come back but I found it hard to believe. Cain and Luna both helped me a lot when I was in that coma. Even Gardevoir talked to me. 

Spoiler

Are you sure that's not what she says in the Void?  Cause I don't think that's a dialogue option in the Glass Workstation, though I can check again.

3 minutes ago, Tacos said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Are you sure that's not what she says in the Void?  Cause I don't think that's a dialogue option in the Glass Workstation, though I can check again.

Spoiler

Anna, when she was asleep, kept saying everything's going on is exactly what Nostra said. After the black hole incident, almost ever character seemed "hopeful." I was the only one, and probably Radomus, who were crying.

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, Tacos said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

She seemed pretty positive in the glass workstation from memory for me, so I guess that's why. I think my current save was actually my E16 hardcore one, where volcano solaris was an actual fight instead of just a single OP pokemon and I managed to beat him.

1 minute ago, DreamblitzX said:
  Hide contents

She seemed pretty positive in the glass workstation from memory for me, so I guess that's why. I think my current save was actually my E16 hardcore one, where volcano solaris was an actual fight instead of just a single OP pokemon and I managed to beat him.

Spoiler

Yeah I was able to defeat him as well. I think I gave Blake the Ruby Ring, and I'm sure I battled Taka.

Spoiler

Oh, her most optimistic dialogue is if you're on the Zekrom path.  That's what I managed to forget.  If you're on Reshiram she'll mention how things aren't supposed to be like this, and how a "boy with broken wings wasn't supposed to ...".  If you beat Solaris' Garchomp, she's determined she can fix things and goes back to sleep.  If Taka is dead and you didn't beat Solaris' Garchomp, she apologizes profusely and returns to sleep after mentioning how Nostra told her things were supposed to be alright.

16 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I know beating the Garchomp makes you team up with Julia instead of Florinia when team Meteor attacks the house (Amaria's gym) in episode 16.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:39 AM, Tacos said:
  Hide contents

Oh, her most optimistic dialogue is if you're on the Zekrom path.  That's what I managed to forget.  If you're on Reshiram she'll mention how things aren't supposed to be like this, and how a "boy with broken wings wasn't supposed to ...".  If you beat Solaris' Garchomp, she's determined she can fix things and goes back to sleep.  If Taka is dead and you didn't beat Solaris' Garchomp, she apologizes profusely and returns to sleep after mentioning how Nostra told her things were supposed to be alright.

Spoiler

Okay, I got exactly the last dialogue. However, I was certain I defeated Solaris' Garchomp? I know I don't have any more Focus Sashes so I either used it against Garchomp or Elias' Arceus. 

On 8/10/2018 at 2:43 AM, Gheist said:

I know beating the Garchomp makes you team up with Julia instead of Florinia when team Meteor attacks the house (Amaria's gym) in episode 16.

Spoiler

Yep, I was teamed up with her. I remeber her Fan-Rotom specifically helped me a lot. 

3 minutes ago, Rainlove said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Okay, I got exactly the last dialogue. However, I was certain I defeated Solaris' Garchomp? I know I don't have any more Focus Sashes so I either used it against Garchomp or Elias' Arceus. 

Spoiler

The last dialogue option I mentioned is impossible to get if Taka is still alive, so you might be mistaking it for the first one.

10 minutes ago, Rainlove said:

If you did that before the relationship points were introduced (Episode 15?), it's possible that the choice (victory) didn't carry over so I'm not sure what would happen at that point.

Oh and you don't have to put spoilers from previous episodes in spoiler tags. The lock only applies to episode 18 spoilers.

I forgot one fairly major thing about the split paths

Spoiler

In reshi: Solaris gets the shit roasted out of him by Sirius and runs off after Sirius taunts him about Taka's death

In Zekrom: Taka retaliates against Meteor in Agate and runs off, soon to be pursued by Solaris.  Sirius isn't as much of a dick to Solaris.

Spoiler

I'm curious about the battle when we were hypnotized by Pulse Hypno. Does it change something if I deliberately lose the battle with Serra/Radomus/Luna/G.Gardevoir? Or do I just lose the battle in general? Just wondering if a different path was taken because If I had lost then G.Gardevoir wouldn't have to use her ultimate z-move black hole eclipse 10000% (btw still got me crying a bit)

6 minutes ago, Maqqy said:
  Hide contents

I'm curious about the battle when we were hypnotized by Pulse Hypno. Does it change something if I deliberately lose the battle with Serra/Radomus/Luna/G.Gardevoir? Or do I just lose the battle in general? Just wondering if a different path was taken because If I had lost then G.Gardevoir wouldn't have to use her ultimate z-move black hole eclipse 10000% (btw still got me crying a bit)

Spoiler

You just have to restart the gauntlet

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have just played both my Reshiram and Zeckrom path games, which I took deliberately to get both stories.

But there's a problem:

Spoiler

In Agate, I end up with the Reshiram storyline in my Zeckrom path. I never see Taka there, and Solaris still runs away from Sirius. Lots of stuff was different in this  Zeckrom path beforehand, specifically: Titania is still with Amaria, who did not try to drown me, Shelly and Serra hit it off instead of Titania/Shelly, and Samson gets taken instead of Ciel.

I understand now after reading the thread about Samson and Ciel switching over the Ruby Ring choice. But what about getting Taka confronting Solaris?

I know I succeeded to defeat Garchomp in the Reshiram path version. I am not 100% I did it in the Zeckrom path.

I failed to figure out the Heal Bell trick in my Reshiram path, so I failed to hear Anna's dialogue. This Zeckrom path version has her apologizing profusely for the boy with the broken wing dying. But... Taka did not die in this path of my game. He stays at the train station and that's the last I see of him. Yet, Sirius still grills Solaris in the Zeckrom path anyway, claiming I witnessed his dying moments, indicating Lin showed up at Tourmaline Station and offed him there.

So, how do I get Taka to fight Team Meteor? Right now, I was under the impression the major point of change with Taka was fighting him or not fighting him in the WTC. But is there some kind of other necessary step for the Agate confrontation?

Edited by Feng Lei

20 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

Ok, I have just played both my Reshiram and Zeckrom path games, which I took deliberately to get both stories.

But there's a problem:

Hide contents

In Agate, I end up with the Reshiram storyline in my Zeckrom path. I never see Taka there, and Solaris still runs away from Sirius. Lots of stuff was different in this  Zeckrom path beforehand, specifically: Titania is still with Amaria, who did not try to drown me, Shelly and Serra hit it off instead of Titania/Shelly, and Samson gets taken instead of Ciel.

I understand now after reading the thread about Samson and Ciel switching over the Ruby Ring choice. But what about getting Taka confronting Solaris?

I know I succeeded to defeat Garchomp in the Reshiram path version. I am not 100% I did it in the Zeckrom path.

I failed to figure out the Heal Bell trick in my Reshiram path, so I failed to hear Anna's dialogue. This Zeckrom path version has her apologizing profusely for the boy with the broken wing dying. But... Taka did not die in this path of my game. He stays at the train station and that's the last I see of him. Yet, Sirius still grills Solaris in the Zeckrom path anyway, claiming I witnessed his dying moments, indicating Lin showed up at Tourmaline Station and offed him there.

So, how do I get Taka to fight Team Meteor? Right now, I was under the impression the major point of change with Taka was fighting him or not fighting him in the WTC. But is there some kind of other necessary step for the Agate confrontation?

Spoiler

This sounds like a bug or an oversight on your behalf in what route you're currently on.  Perhaps there's an issue with refusing to battle Taka at WTC but also refusing to let him follow you in the desert.

Though, it is correct that in Zekrom, Titania is still with Amaria and that Serra and Shelly become friendly, so idk what the issue is with in that regard.