FE on the Forums: Scarlet Crown [IC]

rokubiraijuu

Rhian slowly wrested control of herself as Argos spoke, remaining still in her position on the ground as she managed to choke off the worst of her sobs. She tried not to think about the scene she'd just made, what everyone must have been thinking of her at that moment. 

e5TiIke.png

"Just. . . shut up for a second." She took another breath, then slid backwards so she was sitting instead of supporting herself on hands and knees. "All you did was work hard and yell too damn much. I. . ." She put her arm up to her face again, thinking of the mistake she'd made. Rhian had thought she'd moved past this; it had been over a decade ago. "I thought if. . . if I got back here, somehow, I could try again. It was a stupid fucking idea, they'd never. . ." Rhian expected to get dragged out of the fortress any moment at best. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michi gently places an armored hand on Ceridwen's shoulder, pumping a fist to her own chest.
fC0Xs65.png

".....do you want a hug, friend? I recognise we haven't interacted very much, but....well.....the Wilhelm family always provides what they can to those in need of assistance."
hy3aaIr.png
"Good intentions don't always lead to good outcomes, but you, my friend, shouldn't feel guilty about what burdens you could not have known about."

hizXiFM.png

"No Rhian... my sin wasn't 'working too hard' or 'yelling', my sin was being born..." He brought his knees to chest and wrapped his arms around them to hug them closer.  "This is gonna sound kinda harsh but, there comes a point where you realize that sitting around crying won't get you anywhere. If we want things to change we have to do it ourselves! My parents have been trying to fix the system for a while now, but with little progress. After a while, I decided was done with crying. I would become a strong warrior, strong enough so no one could ignore me. I would become strong enough to be pillar for those like me. I would become a hero and forge the change the world needs!" He scooched over in front of the sitting archer and lightly placed his hands her shoulders, his head pointed towards the ground.  "So please, stop crying! Forge your own path like you always have!" He wanted to hug her so much, but he was a coward and could only manage to push himself to weakly keep her at arms length.

Rhian almost glared at Argos. She knew he was trying to be helpful, and that she appreciated to an extent, but it also just served to highlight how badly she'd lost control if Argos of all people was the one trying to stabilize her. Not to mention his approach was essentially just telling her to get her shit together and move on. 

e5TiIke.png

"Sure. Fine. I'll just stop crying. It's not like my soul got ripped in half and then everyone I ever loved told me to get the fuck out in response." Despite the bite in her tone, she mostly just curled up further, as if that would somehow shelter her from what she was feeling or hide it. At least now I fit in with these wretches. That thought reminded her of another thing. One of my old friends probably died today. . . or one of the younger kids I helped teach. And she wouldn't even be allowed to grieve with the rest, or to even know it was one of them. It could have been Nye. I don't think he ever learned to guard his right flank. . .

hizXiFM.png

You know, when she puts what he said like that, it was more than just 'kinda harsh',  "No! That's not what I-! Or... well it kinda was... but I didn't intend for it to-!" He stopped himself and put more space between the two of them before following it with a long sigh. It is probably best to stop while he's ahead,  "Dammit Argos... you suuure are great at making people feel better aren't ya? Ugh, you really need to get better at that... but how does someone even get better at cheering people up? Is there like weight training... but for like... talking to people... or something? Nah that just sounds dumb..." The boy muttered to himself loud enough for Rhian to hear. It seems like even when the lad wants to keep quite he's still relatively loud.

E1dRbCu.png

Though, looking back up at the archer, he could help but grow a grin of relief on his face. I mean, yea she was still not in the greatest of moods (to put it lightly) but at least she wasn't broken like before. While the guilt still lingered within him, a large portion of it was lifted seeing her not in such a shattered state. Plus, given the current situation, this is probably the best it's going to get. Well, unless someone better at cheering up people than he is shows up. Which is probably anyone.